The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Old 06-19-2013, 11:05 PM   #26
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Default Re: Star Wars: Episode 7 Character Details. Casting Already Underway in the UK!

This is exciting. I'm leaning more towards and unknown or two, especially for the lead. But cast whoever is the best, unknown or not. But I expect every young male and female actors will be trying out for these main roles.

Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:07 PM   #27
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

Th Smile Re: Star Wars: Episode 7 Character Details. Casting Already Underway in the UK!

I wonder if the two young girls will know and speak to each other so that the movie can at least pass the Bechdel test.

MagnarTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:08 PM   #28
Octoberist
point blank

Default Re: Star Wars: Episode 7 Character Details. Casting Already Underway in the UK!

I feel like that the cast won't be completely unknown ala Brandon Routh or Jake Lloyd. But actors who are killing it in the indie scene or on television, just waiting to get their stardom shined upon them.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:13 PM   #29
Octoberist
point blank

Though it would be crazy if the '40 something' was someone as badass as Daniel Craig or Idris Elba! BOOM!

Old 06-19-2013, 11:23 PM   #30
Solidus
Kylo Ren

Ya I figure there will be a few big guns in there, but the mains will be "somewhat" known but not mainstream. Much like the OT where you had some one like Alec in there with a younger cast.

"If you donít care about the characters, nothing matters. No space ship, no explosion, no anything is important if you donít feel something for the people involved."J.J. Abrams (2/5/13)
Solidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:44 PM   #31
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

I'm a fan of The Legend of Korra so I don't mind a change of pace for Star Wars. Could be refreshing if that's kind of like where they're going.

Last edited by MagnarTheGreat; 06-19-2013 at 11:48 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:01 AM   #32
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

So is the young female lead thing a go?

I SEE SPIDEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:11 AM   #33
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

The sites that seem to have broken the news are SchmoesKnow (yesterday) and Bleeding Cool (with the details today). Just so we can try to track this back to who originated what.

Old 06-20-2013, 12:17 AM   #34
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
So is the young female lead thing a go?
Could be. The case is far from closed but the possibility is definitely there now, especially when connected to past rumor.

Old 06-20-2013, 12:23 AM   #35
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
I have no major problems with the EU outside of Force Unleashed (seriously, f**k those games)
Oh, keep your rage-boner in your pants.

H.E.(R?)
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:44 AM   #36
Octoberist
point blank

The Force Unleashed worked just as self contained games. But once you attempt to 'include' them into canon, they make no beeping sense at all.

Old 06-20-2013, 01:46 AM   #37
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Excellent news. Female lead rumour getting closer and closer to being the truth. Guy in his 70s, eh? Get Michael Caine.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:50 AM   #38
Octoberist
point blank

Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if John Noble got an offer for that role in particular.

Old 06-20-2013, 01:55 AM   #39
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

I'd love Noble. But imagine Caine:

"A long time ago, I was in Kashyyyk. My friends and I were working for the local Moff. They were trying to buy the loyalty of Wookie leaders by bribing them with precious droid arms. But their caravans were being raided in a forest north of Etyyy by a bandit. So, we went looking for the parts. But in six months, we never met anybody who traded with him. One day, I saw a Wookie child playing with a R4 arm the size of a lightsaber. The bandit had been throwing them away."

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:01 AM   #40
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
Could be. The case is far from closed but the possibility is definitely there now, especially when connected to past rumor.
Oh alright.

2014 IS THE YEAR DC/WB DECIDED TO GET SERIOUS.
I SEE SPIDEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:04 AM   #41
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
I'm a fan of The Legend of Korra so I don't mind a change of pace for Star Wars. Could be refreshing if that's kind of like where they're going.

Absolutely.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:10 AM   #42
Octoberist
point blank

BTW, the casting directors are April Webster, Alyssa Weisberg, and Nina Gold.

The interesting thing is that Webster and Weisberg already have a strong relationship with JJ and Bad Robot. Gold on the other hand is very interesting because her background is dealing with many UK based films and indie flicks. And yes, she has done casting for GAME OF THRONES!

Anyway, this will give you all an idea on the mindset of the casting choices somewhat.

Last edited by Octoberist; 06-20-2013 at 02:14 AM.
Octoberist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:14 AM   #43
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post

The interesting thing is that Webster and Weisberg have a strong relationship with JJ and Bad Robot. Gold on the other hand is very interesting because her background is dealing with many UK based films indie flicks. And yes, she has done casting for GAME OF THRONES!
Casting directors of JJ stuff AND Game of Thrones?

Please ignore the fapping sounds coming from my direction.

H.E.(R?)
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:39 AM   #44
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberist View Post
btw, the casting directors are april webster, alyssa weisberg, and nina gold.

The interesting thing is that webster and weisberg already have a strong relationship with jj and bad robot. Gold on the other hand is very interesting because her background is dealing with many uk based films and indie flicks. And yes, she has done casting for game of thrones!

Anyway, this will give you all an idea on the mindset of the casting choices somewhat.
there is a god.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:06 AM   #45
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Hmm... perhaps some young Game of Thrones actors could be auditioning. Though the show would interfere with filming for this film. Besides Cinderella, I don't think Richard Madden is doing anything. I could definitely see him in a Star Wars film.

Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:18 AM   #46
Solidus
Kylo Ren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jones View Post
Hmm... perhaps some young Game of Thrones actors could be auditioning. Though the show would interfere with filming for this film. Besides Cinderella, I don't think Richard Madden is doing anything. I could definitely see him in a Star Wars film.
No GOT films from June/July to about November. Whereas this is confirmed to start filming in Jan/early 2014.

I've been pushing for lots of the GOT actors.

"If you donít care about the characters, nothing matters. No space ship, no explosion, no anything is important if you donít feel something for the people involved."J.J. Abrams (2/5/13)
Solidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:21 AM   #47
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Idris Elba as a badass rogue Stormtrooper!

I'd like to see Russell Crowe in this, preferably as a Jedi, which I don't think anyone's mentioned yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post

The interesting thing is that Webster and Weisberg already have a strong relationship with JJ and Bad Robot. Gold on the other hand is very interesting because her background is dealing with many UK based films and indie flicks. And yes, she has done casting for GAME OF THRONES!

My heart just stopped.

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:50 AM   #48
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

I hope the female lead is a Jedi.

do you think they will make them related to the original characters, or just go for totally brand new characters?

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:18 PM   #49
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
I hope the female lead is a Jedi.

do you think they will make them related to the original characters, or just go for totally brand new characters?
I reckon some of the characters will be related to the old cast - perhaps one or two - but the rest would be new.

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:21 PM   #50
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

I'm eager to see who the actual characters will be.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote