The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 09-07-2013, 12:22 PM   #1
LordofhouseEl
Side-Kick

Default If you could give advise to everyone involved in this film what would it be?

Mine would be to Goyer and Snyder and its lock yourselves in a room for a week and watch loads of DC animated series and movies.

LordofhouseEl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:27 PM   #2
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Default Re: If you could give advise to everyone involved in this film what would it be?

more chest hair.

Old 09-07-2013, 04:13 PM   #3
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Default Re: If you could give advise to everyone involved in this film what would it be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordofhouseEl View Post
Mine would be to Goyer and Snyder and its lock yourselves in a room for a week and watch loads of DC animated series and movies.
First of all it would be this. MAKE A TRUE SEQUEL. No team-up movie, that takes the focus away from Clois and Metropolis (and the world beyond).

Read the fan-acclaimed comics (RedSon, AllStar,Secret Origin maybe,Superman/Batman public enemies/Supergirl, etc).

3. Listen to the COMMON criticisms of MOS. Fire that last editor, bring back a more relaxed one. Show Superman trying to save everyone. Add more humor and character development. If Snyder goes back to his old visual style, I won't mind that either.

4. Let Ben Affleck take over the writing. And if he has any advice on DIRECTING, take it.

5. Make a character driven narrative, with a bit of plot, and a little action. I'd rather watch two or three well-executed action scenes in an interesting and dramatic movie, then an exciting one in which I don't feel for the characters.

6. Know it will be underrated, so don't try to give it this "safe" Donneresque flavor. Let the classic Day The Earth Stood Still be an influence for the tone of the movie.

Last edited by TheFlamingCoco; 09-07-2013 at 04:17 PM.
TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:16 PM   #4
Malcolm Reynold
Straight Edge Browncoat

The first thing would probably be to learn proper grammar. You advise someone, you give someone advice.

Last edited by Malcolm Reynold; 09-07-2013 at 04:23 PM.
Malcolm Reynold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:21 PM   #5
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Don't screw it up.
Don't let Frank Miller have any involvement in it.
Don't ask Frank Miller for any advice/input.
Go to Grant Morrison, Bruce Timm, and Paul Dini for any advice/input.
Don't let Goyer write the script by himself.
Get one of the three writers I just mentioned or Jonathan Nolan to co-write with Goyer.
Don't go for an older Batman in his 40's. Go for a Batman closer to Superman's age and give them the more brotherly dynamic from the comics.
Find someone other than Ben Affleck for Batman.
Use a brighter color palette this time.

Last edited by Shikamaru; 09-07-2013 at 04:25 PM.
Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:17 PM   #6
Solomon_Grundy
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
YES. YES. YES.

+1,000,000

I would like to see more "POP" in the color scheme

like this poster I made

Solomon_Grundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:24 PM   #7
Malcolm Reynold
Straight Edge Browncoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomon_Grundy View Post
YES. YES. YES.

+1,000,000

I would like to see more "POP" in the color scheme

like this poster I made

So...how many different threads are you going to post that in?

Malcolm Reynold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #8
Solomon_Grundy
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Reynold View Post
So...how many different threads are you going to post that in?
Is there a limit for relevant threads?

Old 09-07-2013, 09:07 PM   #9
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Don't screw it up.
Don't let Frank Miller have any involvement in it.
Don't ask Frank Miller for any advice/input.
Go to Grant Morrison, Bruce Timm, and Paul Dini for any advice/input.
Don't let Goyer write the script by himself.
Get one of the three writers I just mentioned or Jonathan Nolan to co-write with Goyer.

Don't go for an older Batman in his 40's. Go for a Batman closer to Superman's age and give them the more brotherly dynamic from the comics. (It'll be hard, but I think if they made Batman 36, it's only a three year difference, and I think they would "sell" the idea of Affleck/Cavill being in a peer range.

Find someone other than Ben Affleck for Batman. (Not gonna happen. That being said, Affleck should be screentested like crazy, and IF he fails, replace him with someone else. Armitage comes to mind.)
I mostly agree with this.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:23 PM   #10
Steyin
Project Designer, LEED AP

Embrace the comics and their characters, costumes, etc. Don't make up characters for the sake of story or changes for the sake of "realism".

My LEGO Gallery
Steyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:37 PM   #11
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

keep frank miller and his works away from this movie, but still look to the compelling superman/batman comics and dcau episodes for inspiration. also make people want to see this because it's a good, entertaining movie, not just see it because superman and BATMAN are in it.

Sub-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:44 PM   #12
Tempest
Life is a cookie

Do whatever you want to do.

That would be my advise.

Old 09-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #13
DvilDog
Side-Kick

My advice would be to do whatever it is they are already doing. I know I can't do any better.

DvilDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:18 PM   #14
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Remove Batman from the movie and make it a pure MoS sequel.

DA_Champion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:33 PM   #15
John Lambert
Side-Kick

I think new characters are the life blood of the continued existence of the story. If we want a 21st-century Superman, he can not have a supporting cast formed in the 1940s and nothing more.

The comics constantly add characters. Ron Troupe and Franklin Stern were added long after the start of Superman.

Hmm, actually if there is one thing I would like to see them do it is to introduce the character of Lucy Troupe, Lois's sister. Her husband Ron would be a nice addition too.

John Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:13 PM   #16
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

I would advise them to completely ignore the advice from fans on sites like this one.

*splat*
Bathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:22 PM   #17
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Keep Goyer limited to ideas - and even then keep an eye on him.

Kevin Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:33 PM   #18
the last son
Side-Kick

It would be to WB and tell them to seriously reconsider Affleck for Batman. This move screams desperation and doubled if in fact Affleck didn't even audition.

Old 09-08-2013, 12:00 AM   #19
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Scrap it. Give Superman a true sequel, and let Affleck direct his own Batman film-

j/k ----

Just make it work. I wish WB was smart enough to realize the incredible writers they already have or had under their employ. Consult Mark Waid, Paul Dini, Grant Morrison, etc. Every single one of them can write circles around David Goyer (and Zack Snyder). And unless they can go back in time to the 80's, stay away from Frank Miller...

Smallville13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:06 AM   #20
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

In all seriousness, make it a focused Batman vs Superman film. No team-up, no extra villains for them to fight at the end. Just have a very focused, deep, character-driven drama.

DA_Champion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:16 AM   #21
Solomon_Grundy
Banned User

My advice would be KRYPTONITE

Old 09-08-2013, 12:42 AM   #22
Jordacar
The Endless One

Make this

or something along those lines, and you're set.

Batman and Superman have met several times in animation in the past several years, but this is still the most iconic and well-constructed modern take on their first meeting.

Plus, if we get the Joker, we can finally have Harley Quinn on film!

If you're looking for justice, you've come to the wrong place.
Jordacar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:58 AM   #23
D.P.
Banned User

Whoever is cast as Lex needs to read Lex Luthor: Man of Steel.

D.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:03 AM   #24
Tempest
Life is a cookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathead View Post
I would advise them to completely ignore the advice from fans on sites like this one.
Absolutely.

Old 09-08-2013, 01:14 AM   #25
Marvin
Side-Kick

make it rain