The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 07-15-2013, 05:24 AM   #26
DeGenerate10
Br Ba

Default Re: How long should the new series go on for?

I'd like to see it run keep running like Bond as long as the other DC movies did the same.

Old 07-17-2013, 12:30 AM   #27
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

I would like it to go on just like the Bond movies.

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:43 AM   #28
shauner111
Side-Kick

Id like to see 3 or 4 films (with different directors) then a Batman Beyond movie.

Just enough to establish Dick Grayson in 2 films. Enough to do something with Joker + Harley Quinn towards the 3rd film. And enough to have stories for the Riddler, Penguin and Freeze. Then move on to Beyond set in the same universe but 40 years later.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:57 AM   #29
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Bond this s***!

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:13 AM   #30
shauner111
Side-Kick

They could Bond it and give us recasts and new directors every 1 or 2 movies. That's cool. As long as it's all quality. But I also like the idea of them building another trilogy and then launching into Batman Beyond as their way of wrapping up the DCU Batman , that consists of a couple of team-ups + a whole trilogy of solo films.

Then they can focus on doing stand-alone adaptations and spin-offs. Like a Grayson/Nightwing movie. A Long Halloween film. Arkham Asylum if it's not already done soon. Mask Of The Phantasm (a way of bringing this to the new generation while retelling the origin like 30 odd years after Batman Begins, much like MOS came out 30 years after Superman).

Old 07-17-2013, 02:38 PM   #31
DeGenerate10
Br Ba

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
They could Bond it and give us recasts and new directors every 1 or 2 movies. That's cool. As long as it's all quality. But I also like the idea of them building another trilogy and then launching into Batman Beyond as their way of wrapping up the DCU Batman , that consists of a couple of team-ups + a whole trilogy of solo films.

Then they can focus on doing stand-alone adaptations and spin-offs. Like a Grayson/Nightwing movie. A Long Halloween film. Arkham Asylum if it's not already done soon. Mask Of The Phantasm (a way of bringing this to the new generation while retelling the origin like 30 odd years after Batman Begins, much like MOS came out 30 years after Superman).
I'd rather see them keep the same actor as long as possible.

Old 07-17-2013, 03:00 PM   #32
shauner111
Side-Kick

Yeah im hoping it's a trilogy with the same actor, who is also doing a couple of Justice League films. That's 5 films. I cant see the same actor being used for more than a trilogy of solos when you have team-ups to do , and that's why I suggest it.

I assume Cavill will also have that contract when it's all said and done. 5 films. A trilogy and a couple of team-ups.

It's basically the Downey way, as well as Daniel Craig who will retire as James Bond with 5 films under his belt.

Old 07-17-2013, 03:42 PM   #33
Skrilla31
Side-Kick

I kind of like the idea of a loose Bond type continuity that lasts forever because it would lend itself to a more "episodic" presentation but is that really the best route for a film franchise? Don't we want some type of arc? Or is everyone just perfectly content with turning the series into Batman: The Cinematic Adventures?

I think the best way to do it is how they're doing it now. Every few years or so a new creative team swoops in and re-imagines the mythos. Similar to how every few years a new artists pens Batman. Otherwise you risk running the character into the ground. And I don't think the writers should be slaves to continuity.

I am open to a live action television series though. That would be insane. Then you can do season long arcs and stand alone stories in all their glory.

Skrilla31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:57 PM   #34
shauner111
Side-Kick

It's appealing in one way but this is not the animated series, it's film. And how long can you keep it going with quality and good directors and actors each time things have to get shaken up? The Bond franchise may have been going on for 50 years, but half (or more) of those films were never the greatest representations.

Id rather quality over quantity. Id rather see good movies with less of them, than have them go on & on until it inevitably crashes and burns.

Ill take a trilogy of solo films with the new actor (take your time and cast him well WB) with 2 team up movies in between them. Then end this DCU that seems to be kick-started by Henry Cavill and Zack Snyder. A fourth film for both Superman or Batman, I can go for, depending on what the story is. But I wouldn't go past that. I wouldn't tap into the Bond style.

Batman shouldn't become the new Bond that has films pumped out on an assembly line every few years for the next half a century.....while more than half of them are watered down by subpar directors and writers.

Old 07-17-2013, 04:29 PM   #35
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Forever. Batman Forever.

Old 07-17-2013, 04:58 PM   #36
dmc
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrilla31 View Post
I kind of like the idea of a loose Bond type continuity that lasts forever because it would lend itself to a more "episodic" presentation but is that really the best route for a film franchise? Don't we want some type of arc? Or is everyone just perfectly content with turning the series into Batman: The Cinematic Adventures?

I think the best way to do it is how they're doing it now. Every few years or so a new creative team swoops in and re-imagines the mythos. Similar to how every few years a new artists pens Batman. Otherwise you risk running the character into the ground. And I don't think the writers should be slaves to continuity.

I am open to a live action television series though. That would be insane. Then you can do season long arcs and stand alone stories in all their glory.
Hmmm, batman series on HBO? Sounds interesting.

dmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:08 PM   #37
Skrilla31
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmc View Post
Hmmm, batman series on HBO? Sounds interesting.
I'd prefer HBO because of their production values but it's not gonna happen. If HBO ever picked up a superhero show it would probably be an original property.

That and you don't wanna push the content too far because kids should be able to watch it too, so HBO may not be necessary. We don't need graphic violence or characters throwing around f-bombs. It's Batman.

Skrilla31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:17 PM   #38
EssayM
Just A Guy

I would like a creative team to stick aorund for once. I'm tired of getting a complete revamp every two or three movies. I just want a stable Batman film universe for a good long while, and no more reboots unless it becomes absolutely necessary (say, they make a movie as bad as B&R, or a critical cast member dies or something). Just give it some room to breathe and really get the different stories out there.

EssayM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:26 PM   #39
DrMylesOBoogie
Side-Kick

I'd love to see all the history of the Robin's. Death In The Family could be amazing rand right up to seeing Damien onscreen. I wish Nolan had been less selfish and let his continuity to be continued on to 5 or 6, even if he wasn't directing. The ending to Rises would have had a much bigger impact with Bruce riding off into the sunset with Selina, had it had more build up.

DrMylesOBoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:15 AM   #40
Random490
Side-Kick

I've been thinking they should do a live action tv series for a while. Television has reached the point where you could do that. With the right production values and crew behind it you could definitely make a series. I actually have thought up a 9 season over view in my head. It's definitely a road they can go with. Man I wish I was better at writing and had friend in high places. Though now with the momentum of Man of Steel I've been trying to rework my ideas to stand alone films which is surprisingly difficult.

For a the next series of films I hope they try to get away from trilogies/sagas/whatever and just focus on making one great film at a time.

Random490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:54 AM   #41
Pyro Man
Side-Kick

I'm down for a sustained series of films ala James Bond. I want to see the whole Batman family build up over time.

Pyro Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:13 AM   #42
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Bond it. As much as WB failed with their choice of talents, the idea they had with the franchise pre-Nolan was good.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:26 AM   #43
weezerspider
Side-Kick

I say Bond it, BUT if someone comes along with a great story that has a true ending, similar to Nolan's trilogy, I wouldn't be against them having another trilogy with a true beginning, middle and end 20 years from now as long it doesn't tread the same waters as Nolan's.

Old 09-07-2013, 07:16 PM   #44
Lord
All Mighty

James Bond Style, but they should plan things ahead of time.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:02 PM   #45
DvilDog
Side-Kick

Heak yeah!! Let's do Batman forever and ever. Throw a JL in every once in a while. But really all you need is Batman, over and over and over again.

DvilDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:20 PM   #46
KillerMcQueen
Mildly sociopathic

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
No ending. There should be a jump at some point when all the JL films and Bruce as Batman solos are out of ideas...and they just go into Batman Beyond. It could be the same Bruce re-cast, or ignore the continuity. Do it so it's whatever we want it to be.

Besides JL, I think it should go past a trilogy while Bruce is Batman. By the third film they should start building the bat-family. There's enough rogues to keep going to a possible double trilogy. Different directors, etc.
I like this idea, a film series with the same ambition that the DCAU had would be great.

KillerMcQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #47
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random490 View Post
They should definitely go the James Bond route. The cold war ended in the early 90's and Bond was still able to remain relevant for another decade before it became stall and irrelevant in desperate need of a redefinition. To throw away old conventions, create some new, while still letting the character shine. The difference is James Bond was created around a certain geo-political climate, Batman on the other hand has a much more contemporary concept that can always place him in a modern world. If they focus on making one great stand alone film at a time, don't rush new stories and characters, and don't jump any sharks they could do a continuous Batman film series for a long time.

They'll be good films and bad ones but it will be a more substainable business model void of unnecessary reboots retelling the same story.
"Bond it" until someone messes it up beyond recognition. MOS gets a sequel. If WF is a different sort of movie, MOS should have a proper sequel. If this is actually a proper sequel, WF next. THEN Wonder Woman. THEN the Batman reboot. With the Trinity out of the way, introduce the Flash for the justice league within the film. I kind of like how DC:The New Frontier had quite a bit of the Green Lantern origin. Let it be both an epic origin, AND an epic team up film.

And then spin off individual franchises from the Justice League film. I actually don't want a JL trilogy. Maybe a film every few years, but I don't want them to take JL sequels above more solo films.

And then when the stars get old, have a dramatic tale of their last stand. Or hint at a different universe. Something to make one last epic from this unfortunate fact of life.

EX: A Batman movie in which he's FORCED to retire, and then hands the cowl to Terry setting up a BB movie (this should be an epilogue).

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:39 PM   #48
BrlntDsgse
Side-Kick

Everyone in this thread calling for the "Bond" style treatment is dead on. And it shouldn't just be Batman either, it should apply to ALL the DC characters(and Marvel for that matter too). Keep the same continuity and just recast the actors every few films. Comic superheroes are TAILOR-MADE for this type of treatment since that's what happens in the comics, a new creative team takes over from the last and tells more stories in the same continuity. I don't need to see a character's origin rebooted every 7-10 years. Also, this is just a side note, but I always thought Indiana Jones was a character who would've worked great in the "Bond" style as well(even the original trilogy wasn't a REAL trilogy in the sense of one story arc being told in three parts...it was just 3 movies of completely separate adventures of the same character)

Old 09-07-2013, 09:45 PM   #49
Pickleweasel
Side-Kick

As long as it takes for them to tell their story.

I know they got a rough draft of what they want to do, probably at least 3 movies worth, let them do what they are paid for

Pickleweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:55 PM   #50
DvilDog
Side-Kick

Glad a couple people finally mentioned doing it with other characters besides Batman.

DvilDog is offline   Reply With Quote