The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > DC Comics

Old 04-02-2014, 09:05 AM   #451
WolfCypher
A NEW CHALLENGER

Default Re: The now NEW Official DC Stupid Questions thread: Didio Headaches - Part 3

How did Bruce Wayne cover-up Damian's death/explain it to the public?

I liked TMNT...way more than GotG. There. It's been said.
WolfCypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:12 AM   #452
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

Default Re: The now NEW Official DC Stupid Questions thread: Didio Headaches - Part 3

Damian ain't dead, he's taking class in Europe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrosis Boy View Post
Ben Affleck's body is similar to mine, although my face is much more masculine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gu3ree View Post
This isn't to blame Cavill, but Goyer and Snyder, Superman doesn't manage to save 10,000 people. He doesn't come out as a big hero in the movie. he's just pissed at General Zod. He isn't necessarily concerned about the people.
Naked Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:45 PM   #453
Anubis
Sup?

Yeah, Batman's been around long enough to know that your first death almost never takes.

Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 05:17 AM   #454
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

When DC rebooted Dr. Light in the New 52 did they catch any negative feedback or protest that the former villain and later rapist was rebooted into a hero (and whatever he is now, I haven't read it)? Did people get upset?

Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 05:42 AM   #455
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

I don't think anyone was upset about that, since instead of being a rapist, he became a decent human being who cared for people, especially children. That said, he's been in something like 4 issues since the new 52.

Quote:
Quote:
This isn't to blame Cavill, but Goyer and Snyder, Superman doesn't manage to save 10,000 people. He doesn't come out as a big hero in the movie. he's just pissed at General Zod. He isn't necessarily concerned about the people.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:07 AM   #456
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...

There was also the female Dr. Light, who was a hero, so you could argue that they combined the two characters into one. Plus, I don't think anyone will miss rapist Light. Not only was the story that happened in awful, it was never handled with any degree of tact after that.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:25 AM   #457
Anubis
Sup?

I mean, the whole rapist Dr Light thing was a boos**t retconn to begin with, so retconning it out of existence seems like a good thing if you ask me.

Old 04-04-2014, 08:36 AM   #458
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

Agreed. While I do like some parts of Identity Crisis, I don't think we need so much violence in comics. I'm tired of dark for the sake of being dark.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-04-2014, 08:40 AM   #459
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...

I disagree.

There's nothing to like about Identity Crisis

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:45 AM   #460
Anubis
Sup?

It had moments.....moments that wouldn't have even happened if it weren't for boos**t. I loved how Ralph fell apart at the funeral, but his wife even dying was some boos**t anyway, so I guess that kinda negates it.

Old 04-04-2014, 09:21 AM   #461
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
I disagree.

There's nothing to like about Identity Crisis
Don't you dare disagee with me!!!

I liked Green Arrow's narration, and how Batman's presence was important, even if he wasn't in it that much. Also the art was awesome.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-04-2014, 09:24 AM   #462
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...

Who was the artist? Rags? He's good yeah. Still all sucked, though.

Quote:
Old 04-04-2014, 09:25 AM   #463
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
It had moments.....moments that wouldn't have even happened if it weren't for boos**t. I loved how Ralph fell apart at the funeral, but his wife even dying was some boos**t anyway, so I guess that kinda negates it.
The very last scene where Ralph turns the light out, still talking to his dead wife almost made the whole thing worth it.

Not quite. But almost.

Old 04-04-2014, 01:50 PM   #464
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

I wasn't meaning that people miss him being a rapist. No one would, I hope. I meant that, were people upset that they were making a hero from a rapist? I know its a reboot, but some might have a hard time with that.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:07 PM   #465
Anubis
Sup?

At this point, the people who would still give a s**t have already abandoned ship, there's nobody left who would care enough about such a change.

I know I have.

Old 04-05-2014, 12:11 AM   #466
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

Personally I am glad to erase that moment from the comic history, I'd like to do that with some others too, but I was just wondering if it was met with any controversy.
I mean if they did that with Hank Pym, erased him hitting his wife, I think people would still bring it up.

Old 04-05-2014, 07:04 AM   #467
Panthro
Catman Begins

What exactly did Jay Garrick/Golden Age Flash do for a living when he wasn't out dealing with his superhero business?

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Panthro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:53 AM   #468
Anubis
Sup?

Scientist

Old 04-06-2014, 04:03 AM   #469
smallville fan
Hero

So which arcs from New 52 Detective Comics are worth reading now? Last time I asked this to the guy at my comic book store months ago he says to stick with Snyder's run and only that and ignore the others. Is that still the case?

Please check out my Power Rangers Movie Fan Trailers!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
smallville fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 08:53 AM   #470
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Batman & Robin (and now Batman and ...) has been great from day one. I recommend reading that one. Can't say much about Detective though. It's on my to-read list.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:19 AM   #471
geetard
The Amazon Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
So which arcs from New 52 Detective Comics are worth reading now? Last time I asked this to the guy at my comic book store months ago he says to stick with Snyder's run and only that and ignore the others. Is that still the case?
New creative team is on 'Tec (Manapul/Buccellato from Flash) with last Wednesday's #30. You should start with that. You can also check the recent Gothtopia arc (#27-29) which was decent. Other than that, Detective was quite heavy on the Emperor Penguin story as well as Man-Bat's.

geetard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:57 PM   #472
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Léo Ho Tep View Post
Don't you dare disagee with me!!!

I liked Green Arrow's narration, and how Batman's presence was important, even if he wasn't in it that much. Also the art was awesome.
I hated how Batman was the one to solve the mystery. It's a murder mystery where a detective's wife is murdered. Ralph should have been the one to catch the killer. Heck, Ralph should have been the main character, but he was barely in it at all.

Old 04-09-2014, 02:10 PM   #473
runawayboulder
Feels like dancing

What ever happened with JH Williams III? I remember hearing he was quitting DC back last September and assumed he would end up with Marvel.

runawayboulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:52 PM   #474
RoughNTumble
i m not desperate

idk

Make mine DC, if you please.

every1 says im 2 aloof but idc
RoughNTumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:30 AM   #475
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
What ever happened with JH Williams III? I remember hearing he was quitting DC back last September and assumed he would end up with Marvel.
He's still doing the new Sandman mini with Gaimin, but so far that's it. I'd love to see him do some Daredevil, but I don't think it'd fit with the modern feel of the book.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote