The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > DC Comics

Old 07-30-2013, 08:38 PM   #51
Anubis
Sup?

Default Re: The now NEW Official DC Stupid Questions thread: Didio Headaches - Part 3

That's because you were a casual DC fan.

H.E.
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:28 AM   #52
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Default Re: The now NEW Official DC Stupid Questions thread: Didio Headaches - Part 3

Excellent deduction, Holmes. Did you come up with that all by yourself?

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:17 PM   #53
Anubis
Sup?

I put together a team of top scientists, theologians, and a voodoo priestess to come up with that. We also know that you have no idea who the Muffin Man is, and you know nothing of his work.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:34 PM   #54
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

And the sad thing is I'm now thinking, "Is there really a Muffin Man at DC or is he making a joke about the song?"

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
Old 07-31-2013, 07:36 PM   #55
Anubis
Sup?

The world may never know.

H.E.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:07 PM   #56
Cain
"...I prefer 'Doc'"

He was stuck in limbo along with the other forgotten characters during Morrison's Animal Man run.

Pull list: Saga, The Manhattan Projects, Thief of Thieves, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Future's End, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, Red Lanterns, Swamp Thing, Justice League, Justice League 3000, Justice League United, Earth 2, Earth 2: World's End, Worlds' Finest, Batman '66, Batgirl, Gotham Academy, Multiversity, X-O Manowar, Unity, Bloodshot, Archer & Armstrong, Daredevil, All-New X-Men
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:34 AM   #57
KevanG
Brony

Here's a question for everyone. What do you think the Joker would do if someone/some group actually killed Batman? Do you think he'd just go 'Meh' and move on or go on a rampage of revenge as Batman was supposed to be his?

Deadly Premonition - The best horror game you've never played.
KevanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:04 AM   #58
Wesley Dodds
He Who Lurks...

If you use Morrison's 'Super Sanity' explanation of the character, I think that might depend on which "Joker" he is when it happens... so it's difficult to say.

The old Legends of the Dark Knight book had that story "Going Sane", in which he seemingly kills Batman and his sanity returns. I think he turned into a pretty nice guy and settled down into a nice stable relationship with a woman. Something like that...

Wesley Dodds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:43 AM   #59
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick

Yeah i remember that story, pretty good i guess but i don't see that really happening but again like you said it all depends on who Joker really is when Batman dies.

My guess is a One flew over the cukoo's nest ending, where the Joker makes Harley or somebody kill him because he doesn't have purpose in life without Batman or catatonia/lobotomy a la The Dark Knight Returns but this time forever, even with let's say Dick's Batman around Joker knows he is not the real Batman, the one he knew and fought, Dick is not his polar opposite, Bruce was.

It's a very hard story to do actually if you think about it.

Some of them fell into Hell
NosfeRomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:14 AM   #60
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

ugh I hate that super sanity explanation. It was a change for the sake of change explanation that didn't even really change anything about the character. Completely unnecessary. I've never understood why people like it so much.

Old 08-15-2013, 12:03 PM   #61
Blitzkrieg Bop
Boy named Sue

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevanG View Post
Here's a question for everyone. What do you think the Joker would do if someone/some group actually killed Batman? Do you think he'd just go 'Meh' and move on or go on a rampage of revenge as Batman was supposed to be his?
If he was Emperor Joker complete with magic, he'd just kill Batman over and over again.

Old 08-15-2013, 05:58 PM   #62
KevanG
Brony

That was him doing it though (I liked that storyline too). If someone like Ra's, Scarecrow or Bane killed him I think he'd fly into a rage, kill some of his goons and eventually just fall into a depression. Maybe try and kill whoever did it as revenge for killing him but in the end I figure he'd just fall into a funk, try to kill some of the other heroes, figure it's just not the same and just leave.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:01 PM   #63
KevanG
Brony

I have another question. Is Scarecrow still part of the Sinestro Corps? He always seemed so happy when he had that ring and he seems like a good fit.

Old 08-16-2013, 05:54 AM   #64
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

No, he was removed as soon as Blackest Night was over.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
Old 08-16-2013, 07:20 PM   #65
KevanG
Brony

Aww. He should go back and just be assigned to Gotham to keep him away from the serious members of the corps. He should just fly around pissing off Batman with yellow crows and screaming about fear every few minutes.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:41 AM   #66
CLARKY
Side-Kick

I love this thread, it's so useful for people like me.
I already asked something about the new 52 continuity but, I'll ask something again.
I did not follow JLA (new 52) so my question is: Was or wasn't J'onn J'onz part of the Justice League?
I mean, from his point of view ; he arrived from Mars, and then what? Went part of the Stormwatch? or part of the old (let's say Morrisson) JLA then went to Stormwatch? Duh ><

Oh yeah, and Cyborg? They kept the continuity with Batman right? So if Cyborg is part of the JL, what about Dick Grayson being in the Teen Titans with him? My brain hurts. And Like most, I do not read every monthly, so it's hard to keep up.

CLARKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:54 PM   #67
javi1024
DANGER ZONE!

There was a reference and brief flashback talking about when they tried recruiting Martian Manhunter to the Justice League around issue 7-8 and that it didn't work out well. I'm a little behind on the title, so unless Trinity War has addressed it since that's all we know so far.

Nightcrawler: ".....British or Japanese Psylocke?"

PSN ID: Gizmo1024
playing Mass Effect 3, Uncharted 3, Rochard, Super Street Fighter 4
javi1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #68
HighFivingMF
Welp.

They mentioned J'onn in the Justice League during the most recent part of Trinity War, but only revealed that he quit. Not much, but it's a new bit of information.

And Roy mentioned the old Teen Titans in the first issue or two of Red Hood and the Outlaws, but like Tim mentioning being Robin at one point, so Lobdell was just making up what happened and didn't as he went.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:38 PM   #69
smallville fan
Hero

Just wondering something. Why is it that Superman's the one that always go evil and become the bad guy either willingly or unwillingly? Like in Injustice: Gods Among Us, Batman: Hush, The Dark Knight Returns/Strikes Again, Brave New Metropolis from Superman: TAS etc

What I think would be far more interesting story to me is if something like this happened. Batman had a "wake up call" from some event involving the superheroes of the JL etc and saw the world through Lex Luthor's eyes about how dangerous they are and then he actually enacts his plans as seen in Tower of Babel taking down the heroes and possibly killing most of them and then Superman becomes the hero and saves the day by defeating Batman.

Basically what I'm saying is Batman if he wanted to could actually go all Lex Luthor if he wanted to, I mean they are similar characters in a way. It would be cool if writers made their own original Elseworlds graphic novel of a story where Batman's the villain for once.

Does DC still do original story, continuity free graphic novels apart from Earth One? Any chance they'll ever do a story where Batman's the bad guy, better yet have they ever been there, done that?

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:04 PM   #70
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

Well Superman is usually seen as an incorruptible Force of good by the general public. Seeing him turned to evil as a means to deal with the problem is a lot like seeing your world turned upside down in the world of DC citizens Superman is the ultimate hero. Batman while the holder of great wealth and virtue is already seen as a boundary pusher, also a couple of gun shots unattended to can kill batman, superman is very hard to stop and you make him driven by evil and your ****ed.

Avvy by Hunter Rider

H.E.
Hush is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:13 PM   #71
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hush View Post
Well Superman is usually seen as an incorruptible Force of good by the general public. Seeing him turned to evil as a means to deal with the problem is a lot like seeing your world turned upside down in the world of DC citizens Superman is the ultimate hero. Batman while the holder of great wealth and virtue is already seen as a boundary pusher, also a couple of gun shots unattended to can kill batman, superman is very hard to stop and you make him driven by evil and your ****ed.
I know being on the wrong side of Superman is indeed a terrible fate and what you said is mostly right, but I feel that plot device is overdone and milked. People always say Batman's so dangerous to the JL and could take them down if he wanted to(Tower of Babel). I just think that it would be a nice change to see that actually come to fruition where Batman's the bad guy for once. Am I not alone in thinking this? Somebody should pitch this to DC.

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:57 AM   #72
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

It's overdone because it's an obvious and compelling plot. "Absolute power corrupts absolutely." Superman's basically got the absolute power already, but it's a core tenet of his character that he'll never let it corrupt him. Unoriginal writers have happened upon the thought, "What if it DID corrupt him?!" for years, and the end results usually sell pretty well.

And there are evil Batmen out there. Owlman from the Crime Syndicate, for example. The difference between Batman and Superman is that it just doesn't really take much for Batman to fight his superhero colleagues, as opposed to Superman, so they don't usually have to go all-out and turn him evil. They just have to find some way to piss him off. Or, in the case of "Tower of Babel," have someone else use his plans to take down the heroes.

Old 08-20-2013, 11:19 AM   #73
Anubis
Sup?

Or have his mind raped by super heroes, which caused him to build a sentient satellite that tried to take over the world.

H.E.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:13 PM   #74
javi1024
DANGER ZONE!

What's Kyle Rayner's role in the New 52? Was he ever a Green Lantern? Also, have we seen John Stewart?

Nightcrawler: ".....British or Japanese Psylocke?"

PSN ID: Gizmo1024
playing Mass Effect 3, Uncharted 3, Rochard, Super Street Fighter 4
javi1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:14 PM   #75
Wesley Dodds
He Who Lurks...

Yeah, as far as I'm aware Johns' GL stuff has been more or less untouched. He's in New Guardians now... or was the last time I checked.

Wesley Dodds is offline   Reply With Quote