Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 03:19 PM   #26
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Default Re: Shailene Woodley COULD BE Mary Jane Watson.....in TASM3 - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuflipflops View Post
is movieweb reliable at all? they're reporting sarah gadon is replacing shailene.
As a former frequent user of Movieweb, I can say that yes, they are a reliable source. and I'd say especially B. Alan Orange, who wrote that article; He's the equivalent C. Lee on that site.

Old and kinda kookie

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 06-20-2013 at 03:25 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:22 PM   #27
TheFuture
Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I didn't know Woodley was this terribly ugly actress until coming on to these boards. I'm not even a fan or anti fan of Woodley, I'm not saying she is the best choice because who knows? But the snide remarks about her looks are so over the top and nasty. You'd think she was the ugliest person ever to be cast in a movie. It's not shocking to me though, that's how people have always been about this character. Anything less than Megan Fox style looks is unacceptable.
It's not just Dunst and Woodley though. Hathaway and Maggie Gyllenhaal have also gotten grief. All I'd say is that these boards must be full of studs.

Old 06-20-2013, 03:26 PM   #28
RT59103
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
To believe that it would mean they were casting someone else to play MJ in TASM2 which would make webb a liar

Webb & Sony won't plan that far ahead to TASM3 when they are in production on TASM2 at the moment, its silly to think they would start thinking about it at this moment in time
How does that make Marc a liar? The Movieweb article doesn't say anything about Sarah Gadon replacing Shailene in TASM2, they're talking about TASM3 .

And I'm sure Marc knew that he was cutting MJ's scenes prior to yesterday. It was just yesterday that the news leaked out. I'm sure they auditioned and screentested a lot of actresses last year for MJ and have kept a few actresses in mind and have a shortlist in the event Shailene can't return. I doubt anything official will be announced right now but it doesn't mean they're not and can't think ahead

Last edited by RT59103; 06-20-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:36 PM   #29
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT59103 View Post
How does that make Marc a liar? The Movieweb article doesn't say anything about Sarah Gadon replacing Shailene in TASM2, they're talking about TASM3 .

I'm sure they auditioned and screentested a lot of actresses last year for MJ and have kept a few actresses in mind and have a shortlist in the event Shailene can't return. I doubt anything official will be announced right now but it doesn't mean they're not and can't think ahead
there would be no point thinking ahead, when you are working hard on the current film why start thinking about the next one, studios don't really do that, it seems more like a fan boy rumor, one of them people who want to get MJ recast

the only way they would start thinking who can replace her is if they wanted to film some scenes with her, and if they did it would make webb look like a liar because he basically said shailene was cut because be wanted to concentrate on Peter and gwen

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 06-20-2013 at 03:40 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:40 PM   #30
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

I really don't think there's anything to that report, but we'll see.

I do like Gadon as a candidate either way, though; she fits the 'Woodley beauty profile' in the same way that Jane Levy does.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry

Last edited by DigificWriter; 06-20-2013 at 03:45 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:43 PM   #31
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
I don't think there's anything to that report, but we'll see.
agreed, it would be way to premature

i think there will be alot of these reports though in the next year or so of random actresses and most of them won't be true but just fan boy rumors started hoping something will come out of it

Old 06-20-2013, 03:52 PM   #32
webhead9707
Dr. Perky

EDIT: nevermind.

By day, a normal mild mannered fellow. By night, he is Dr. Perky, a brutal vigilante known for breaking the limbs of the corrupt and heartless....all while in a cuddly bear costume. BEWARE BE BEAR!!!!! Summer 2011.
My Deviantart
PSN ID:NerdHerd9707
I won't push it on you but if you'd like to ask me about Christ, I'm here.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:56 PM   #33
eLPAtitoyUPI
The real Spoder-Man

What did I miss? They picked up a new actress? O.o

Old 06-20-2013, 03:59 PM   #34
fuflipflops
Side-Kick

^ just rumors so far.

Old 06-20-2013, 04:01 PM   #35
RT59103
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLPAtitoyUPI View Post
What did I miss? They picked up a new actress? O.o
No, we're just talking about this latest article posted on Movieweb

http://www.movieweb.com/news/is-sara...g-spider-man-3

Old 06-20-2013, 04:04 PM   #36
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Movieweb says they might've signed Sarah Gadon, but I'm doubtful of the report right now given that it does feed into this nonsense about Woodley - who is very beautiful, I might add - not being 'pretty enough'. Gadon, like Jane Levy and Woodley herself, has a 'girl-next-door' look to her while still being beautiful.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
Old 06-20-2013, 04:10 PM   #37
eLPAtitoyUPI
The real Spoder-Man

Oh, the girl from Antiviral. That chick has skills, and I found her to be prettier than Woodley (not too much, anyways). But I feel bad about Shailene if this is true...

Last edited by eLPAtitoyUPI; 06-20-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:15 PM   #38
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

it would make SONY and Webb look really bad, webb has already said he cut MJ for peter and gwens story, so webb would put his foot n his mouth if they got replaced her for this film and setting plans up to replace her over a year early seems an even more crazy idea by sony, unless they plan on filming 2 films together which i assume they aint

Old 06-20-2013, 04:24 PM   #39
RT59103
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
it would make SONY and Webb look really bad, webb has already said he cut MJ for peter and gwens story, so webb would put his foot n his mouth if they got replaced her for this film and setting plans up to replace her over a year early seems an even more crazy idea by sony, unless they plan on filming 2 films together which i assume they aint

Why do you keep saying that she's replacing Shailene in TASM2? There's nothing in that article that says she's reshooting Shailene's scenes. In fact, judging from last week's pics, we probably saw the reshoot with Aunt May taking the place of MJ when Gwen knocks on the door and he's not home. (I'm guessing this b/c Gwen is wearing the same clothes in the previous scene shot with MJ)

I'm not saying the rumour is true, but it's not that crazy to sign an actress a year in advance. You want to book them early so they so they can plan their schedule in advance and not book any other movies that conflict with the schedule. If they had signed Shailene a bit earlier instead a few months before production, maybe we wouldn't have this scheduling problem

Old 06-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #40
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Why do you keep saying that she's replacing Shailene in TASM2? There's nothing in that article that says she's reshooting Shailene's scenes. In fact, judging from last week's pics, we probably saw the reshoot with Aunt May taking the place of MJ when Gwen knocks on the door and he's not home. (I'm guessing this b/c Gwen is wearing the same clothes in the previous scene shot with MJ)

I'm not saying the rumour is true, but it's not that crazy to sign an actress a year in advance. You want to book them early so they so they can plan their schedule in advance and not book any other movies that conflict with the schedule. If they had signed Shailene a bit earlier instead a few months before production, maybe we wouldn't have this scheduling problem
Basically what I mean they would only being looking at possible recasts this early if they were desperate to find someone to film some scenes, so with the amount of stuff and cast in this film even thinking about possible recast ideas MJ this early should be the least of sonys worry right now

Old 06-20-2013, 04:34 PM   #41
RT59103
Side-Kick

Trust me, they won't be reshooting any of Shailene's scenes with a new actress. Do you think Marc Webb would be that stupid to make a statement like that yesterday and then contradict himself w/i 24 hours?

Old 06-20-2013, 04:37 PM   #42
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture View Post
It's not just Dunst and Woodley though. Hathaway and Maggie Gyllenhaal have also gotten grief. All I'd say is that these boards must be full of studs.
Yeah this board is full of the worlds most beautiful people if a cute girl like Woodley is considered ugly. It's not just here on Hype though, the cruel comments are all over the web.

As for the movieweb report, I'll believe a recast when coming soon, The Hollywood Reporter, Deadline Hollywood and a few others report it. No offense to that site, I'm just not familiar with it.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:38 PM   #43
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Trust me, they won't be reshooting any of Shailene's scenes with a new actress. Do you think Marc Webb would be that stupid to make a statement like that yesterday and then contradict himself w/i 24 hours?
I do not, but I also don't think any plans or talks would go on yet about who could play MJ, which is why I don't believe that report at all

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 06-20-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:44 PM   #44
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

@I SEE SPIDEY: Woodley's more than 'cute'; she's beautiful. I agree with your larger point, though.

Quote:
Old 06-20-2013, 05:04 PM   #45
TH29
Side-Kick

If sony has already posted release dates, you can bet your ass someone somewhere involved is scrambling to find a replacement for the role of Mary Jane to lock her up for those two films too. As for Woodley getting replaced by this Gadon Girl, I PERSONALLY think this new girl fits the role better, as cute as Shailene may be, this new girl has "the look"

Old 06-20-2013, 05:10 PM   #46
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

It's to early to make plans like that

Old 06-20-2013, 05:12 PM   #47
TH29
Side-Kick

No, its really not. Look what happened with Shailene and her upcoming schedule which is more than likely what is causing this recast. Its never to early to put stuff in play for a tentpole franchise that will start filming probably the end of 2014. They just locked up RDJ for Avengers 2 and 3...on the other hand I wouldnt be suprised if nothing comes of this new chick news.

Old 06-20-2013, 05:30 PM   #48
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
@TheInSneider: Being told that reports of SARAH GADON being cast as Mary Jane Watson in Amazing Spider-Man 2 are NOT TRUE!
https://twitter.com/TheInSneider/sta...43390559375361

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 06-20-2013, 05:30 PM   #49
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

Yay.

Old 06-20-2013, 05:33 PM   #50
TH29
Side-Kick

Well thats a shame.

Closed Thread