The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 07-14-2013, 03:33 AM   #351
writer0327
Side-Kick

Default Re: Man of steel 2 possible plot and villians

Having Superman lose is basically one step short of killing him, and many are saying the Death of Superman is one they'd like to see in the films. I personally don't need that, losing to Darkseid would be perfect, maybe it's not a loss as much as Superman escapes from the fight with neither winning or losing.

writer0327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:43 AM   #352
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
I wouldnt mind if the sequel was basically a trinity film, and the threequel was a jla film.

The same way how we got 20 mins of krypton, I think the sequel can start with 30 minutes of Themysicyra. (After a 5 min intro of the reboot ski mask phase Bats)

Supes has asked the world to trust him. Would he show that same trust to another superpowered being (WW) roaming the world? Bats doesn't trust either.
That's sounds like good ideas for MOS3. I want World's Finest to be its own thing, and after that a WW movie.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:57 AM   #353
ArmsHeldOut
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
That's sounds like good ideas for MOS3. I want World's Finest to be its own thing, and after that a WW movie.
That would be a cool way to approach things. MOS, MOS2, WF (with an appearance from WW to help boost a stand alone film), then WW. If audiences respond well to "the big three", then it's Justice League time! I don't think we need another Batman film though. I'm fine with seeing his new exploits take place solely in WF and JL films. That said, if a new Batman director has a vision that's on par with the animated series version, then I may be open to another reboot.

Last edited by ArmsHeldOut; 07-14-2013 at 08:06 AM.
ArmsHeldOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:06 AM   #354
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
That would be a cool way to approach things. MOS, MOS2, WF (with an appearance from WW to help boost a stand alone film), then WW. If audiences respond well to "the big three", then it's Justice League time!
I'm saying they should do a "Marvel Tease" just for WW (I don't want to see it for any other movies. I want DC to feel mostly original, but any boost for WW is a good one).
Like maybe someone hearing a jet flying over and seeing its contrails, but not seeing the actual ship. Someone quips: We might have to take a further look.

Or something involving the Lasso of Truth.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:14 AM   #355
ArmsHeldOut
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
I'm saying they should do a "Marvel Tease" just for WW (I don't want to see it for any other movies. I want DC to feel mostly original, but any boost for WW is a good one).
Like maybe someone hearing a jet flying over and seeing its contrails, but not seeing the actual ship. Someone quips: We might have to take a further look.

Or something involving the Lasso of Truth.
Yeah, getting WW off the ground isn't going to be easy. A lot of people are close-minded when it comes to superheroines on film. Then again, the Underworld trilogy with Kate Beckinsale was pretty well-received, so it's not an impossible feat.

ArmsHeldOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:30 PM   #356
Bren
Forevernoob

If it is Lex and Metallo, I could see Superman being set up by Lex easily. He's probably going to control most of the media. Just an idea I had;

Have Superman put on trial for what happened in MOS (obviously - to us - staged by Luthor). Engineer an event that Superman couldn't ignore but make it look like Superman is just buggering off from his trial. You then have the scene where Metallo is supposedly there to protect the public just in case.

Have Luthor somehow get the message to Superman just before they start fighting, "they might forgive you for murdering another alien, but now you have to be careful. And that will be your end."

Not that I'm actually in favour of the above, just popped up in my head.

Last edited by Bren; 07-14-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:43 PM   #357
ohmshalone
on the brink of sanity

I like running with the Lex as president storyline, but I don't think a Goyer/Nolan story would go with Lex outwardly being against Superman and trying to win over the public that he's dangerous. It sounds a bit too obvious of his intentions. Not to mention Superman already has the military and a few reporters at the Daily Planet on his side.

It would be better to show off Lex's cunning, making himself to outwardly be a proponent of Superman (and use that to move ahead politically) but eventually betray him behind closed doors in an amazing show of his brilliance. That way, you'd have Lex (1) a respected public figure AND (2) a Superman "out of the way" half way through the movie.

A major DC fan (who gives Marvel credit where credit is due).
ohmshalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:19 PM   #358
Loki882
Side-Kick

I think that Lex will appear to be a good and decent man for most of the film. He may even seek out Superman's help and befriend him. The public will love him and his true nature will only become apparent when he betrays Superman (in private so that the general public doesn't find out). Metallo will be the obvious villain for most of the movie.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:35 PM   #359
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Perhaps the sequel can be about the idea whether or not Supes should be involved in world affairs.
Perhaps Lois publishes a piece criticizing what Supes did.

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:01 PM   #360
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
I think that Lex will appear to be a good and decent man for most of the film. He may even seek out Superman's help and befriend him. The public will love him and his true nature will only become apparent when he betrays Superman (in private so that the general public doesn't find out). Metallo will be the obvious villain for most of the movie.
I'd LOVE it if Superman is framed, and Lex pretends that he's saddened by the reports of "Superman's" criminal activity.

Old 07-14-2013, 10:15 PM   #361
Vaibow
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'd LOVE it if Superman is framed, and Lex pretends that he's saddened by the reports of "Superman's" criminal activity.
I personally don't want to wait another two years for a film that is anti superman - in regards the public.

However, in a previous post, i feel lex could use Superman as a reason for the public to be fearful of other alien attacks - he could be like, demanding the government set up defences just incase, to use kryptonian tech to improve their own - also, lex can show how there are other urban legends, such as an aqua man, he could create a hybrid beast that is obviously not genetically able to grow and mature, be self aware, it's more of a humanoid carcass that failed shortly after birth, he, through his company could stage a false flag, of a fish like man terrorising innocent fishermen - his lexcorp army - similar to NSA can claim they caught it in the ocean and put a stop to it's evil ways (which he can manipulate via the media and 'actors' claiming they were attacked). So there we have a system where lexcorp has protected the public but also highlighted they 'need' protecting against such threats.

Pretty much like after 9/11 people wanted to be protected - even if the threat of it happening again was low.

I also feel J'onn J'onnz should contact lois, stating he is a detective, investigating a late Pro Hamilton - his laptop, possessions was recovered and lois would be interested to know that Prof Hamilton was in secret contact a martian that managed to escape the roswell event undetected - the martian was looking for a way back home, but needed the technology on earth to advance (with his help) and that maybe if the alien was tracked down, the alien and superman could be of use. We never see J'onnz is MM, only fanboys know - sets up for JL

Vaibow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:22 PM   #362
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaibow View Post
I personally don't want to wait another two years for a film that is anti superman - in regards the public.

However, in a previous post, i feel lex could use Superman as a reason for the public to be fearful of other alien attacks - he could be like, demanding the government set up defences just incase, to use kryptonian tech to improve their own - also, lex can show how there are other urban legends, such as an aqua man, he could create a hybrid beast that is obviously not genetically able to grow and mature, be self aware, it's more of a humanoid carcass that failed shortly after birth, he, through his company could stage a false flag, of a fish like man terrorising innocent fishermen - his lexcorp army - similar to NSA can claim they caught it in the ocean and put a stop to it's evil ways (which he can manipulate via the media and 'actors' claiming they were attacked). So there we have a system where lexcorp has protected the public but also highlighted they 'need' protecting against such threats.

Pretty much like after 9/11 people wanted to be protected - even if the threat of it happening again was low.

I also feel J'onn J'onnz should contact lois, stating he is a detective, investigating a late Pro Hamilton - his laptop, possessions was recovered and lois would be interested to know that Prof Hamilton was in secret contact a martian that managed to escape the roswell event undetected - the martian was looking for a way back home, but needed the technology on earth to advance (with his help) and that maybe if the alien was tracked down, the alien and superman could be of use. We never see J'onnz is MM, only fanboys know - sets up for JL
Yeah, it would be neat to see John Jones there somewhere

Old 07-14-2013, 11:25 PM   #363
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
I wouldnt mind if the sequel was basically a trinity film, and the threequel was a jla film.

The same way how we got 20 mins of krypton, I think the sequel can start with 30 minutes of Themysicyra. (After a 5 min intro of the reboot ski mask phase Bats)

Supes has asked the world to trust him. Would he show that same trust to another superpowered being (WW) roaming the world? Bats doesn't trust either.
I don't think is a good idea... jl is one thing and supes is another.... i support a movie standallone worldfinest....

John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:42 PM   #364
Loki882
Side-Kick

I agree that the trilogy should be focused on Superman. Bringing in characters like Kara works because they're part of the Super-family. I wouldn't mind references and nods to other DC heroes, and maybe even a cameo or two, but lets not go overboard. Make a WF/JL that builds on the events of the MOS trilogy, but is also it's own thing.

Old 07-14-2013, 11:54 PM   #365
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki882 View Post
i agree that the trilogy should be focused on superman. Bringing in characters like kara works because they're part of the super-family. I wouldn't mind references and nods to other dc heroes, and maybe even a cameo or two, but lets not go overboard. Make a wf/jl that builds on the events of the mos trilogy, but is also it's own thing.
agreed....

John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:14 AM   #366
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:
I agree that the trilogy should be focused on Superman. Bringing in characters like Kara works because they're part of the Super-family. I wouldn't mind references and nods to other DC heroes, and maybe even a cameo or two, but lets not go overboard. Make a WF/JL that builds on the events of the MOS trilogy, but is also it's own thing.
I guess what I meant is that I wouldn't mind if this wasn't a 'Superman' trilogy, especially given that the third film that Goyer/Synder are doing together is JL; So perhaps the second won't be a MOS movie exactly either. Perhaps all three movies together could be their trilogy about the revelation of Superheroes; an introduction to the DC universe.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 07-15-2013 at 08:15 AM.
FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:06 AM   #367
Jaxon
Side-Kick

Sequel should have Superman fighting a supercomputer designed by a dude smart enough to rip off a company's payroll system

Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:11 PM   #368
Loki882
Side-Kick

Or a British guy who wants to control the world through it's banana supply (seriously, the big SM III plot involved coffee).

Old 07-15-2013, 12:18 PM   #369
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yes yes yes.

Think of how Iron Man 3 was stand-alone as part of the Iron Man Universe, with references to the Avengers, but going AWAY from TA's world with magic and whatnot (in hindsight, maybe this is a bad example).

MOS may contain a shared world, but will be BUILT around the character of Superman, and not a wide DCU. Thus, it's okay for there to be someone like Supergirl, because its an extension of his Kryptonian legacy.

But if the Martian Manhunter shows up in costume, helps him defeat an enemy, then talks about forming a coalition to save earth, I'm out

Old 07-15-2013, 12:43 PM   #370
JOE

Doomsday. That is all.

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. SpideyK"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:44 PM   #371
Loki882
Side-Kick

Maxima, that is all.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:54 PM   #372
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ Darkseid!

Old 07-15-2013, 12:58 PM   #373
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

Next film has to have Billy Zane as a villain.

Yes. Billy Zane.

ChrisBaleBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:13 PM   #374
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBaleBatman View Post
Next film has to have Billy Zane as a villain.

Yes. Billy Zane.
2005 called, the want their Lex Luth- nevermind. He's still an awesome pick!

DChero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:13 PM   #375
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by writer0327 View Post
Having Superman lose is basically one step short of killing him, and many are saying the Death of Superman is one they'd like to see in the films. I personally don't need that, losing to Darkseid would be perfect, maybe it's not a loss as much as Superman escapes from the fight with neither winning or losing.
This is all MOS3 speculation

I'd like it to see Darkseid basically decide not to kill Superman in order to make an example of him among the Earthlings. This is different from the movie version of Bane.

It'd be great if he told the people of Earth that their hero figure is weak, and that he will ultimate enslave them all. Superman gets up for one final encounter grabbing onto Darksied's throat, but Darkseid knocks him back, opens the Boom Tube and escapes, laughing all the way.

Superman looks out at the people of earth with tears in his eyes, and tells them that he failed. I wouldn't mind the people of Earth realizing that this might be their last day alive, and so they help each other out and embrace the character and ideals of Superman (thus closing out the trilogy thematically).

And even though the 'story' of Superman is TECHNICALLY over, the film should end with a tease with Wonder Woman, or with Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman setting up the JLA movie near the end to confront the possibility of Darkseid's return.

I would like it to be a subversion, in which it turns out the threat is unexpected, and NOT related to Darkseid.

If there's a separate JL trilogy, I'd want it to END with Earth being invaded, and Superman pretty much killing Darkseid near the end. Okay, I want that "World of Cardboard moment." I won't lie.

As for Doomsday, the Justice League would have to be set up for Superman to realize that he can't risk the members of the League for this foe. I'd want Doomsday to be a "secret weapon" that Superman sacrifices himself to.

Otherwise, I don't really want the character in the film.