Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 06-21-2013, 02:49 AM   #26
HeroInMe
Newbie First Class

Default Re: Man of steel 2 possible plot and villians

Lex/Metallo
Lex/Brainiac
Lex/Parasite

No matter how you look at it, Lex will be in the sequel. It's just a matter of who Goyer will use to work with him against Supes.

HeroInMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:51 AM   #27
sf2
Side-Kick

Lex must be in the sequel and a prime villain!

Old 06-21-2013, 02:52 AM   #28
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Its gotta be about Lex rebuilding Metropolis. I really want Lex to seem like the greatest guy in the world until he's behind closed doors. You would have to team him up with a super villain though and whether that's Mettallo, Parasite or whoever I don't know.

I know that you could do something interesting teaming him up with Brainiac but I think Brainiac is best saved for JL or the 3rd movie.

BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:57 AM   #29
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLantern View Post
The Elite would really not work at this stage since Clark still hasn't embodied the principles to which the Elite are the opposites of.
They could be the catalyst for him solidifying those beliefs and it would provide an great deal of drama for them to use what he did to Zod as an excuse for him to accept that method of dealing with villains, only for him to end up rejecting it in the end.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:35 AM   #30
sf2
Side-Kick

how about Lex calls in Avengers to get this blue cladded alien.

Old 06-21-2013, 03:49 AM   #31
Glassjaw
In training

The elite would be good for MoS3 I think. You'd need MoS2 for Superman to become the superhero we know and love first, and then by MoS3 people can start to think he's too old fashioned and voila, the Elite come along. I'm not too attached to the Elite themselves, more just what they represent. It wouldn't have to be Manchester Black necessarily etc.

Glassjaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:32 AM   #32
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

The Elite idea can't work in this version IMHO.

I SEE SPIDEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:43 AM   #33
sf2
Side-Kick

superman vs Lex Luthor, the US government, military and man-made disasters for MOS2.

Old 06-21-2013, 04:58 AM   #34
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

Is it just me or does this thread title sound like information has come out about the plot and villains?

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Kryptonian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:05 AM   #35
TruerToTheCore
Banned User

I wish them good luck explaining "Clark Kent" in this version.

Villains: Businessmen Lex Luthor and Brainiac as the technological mastermind behind it, so no genius Lex. But someone will doublecross his partner. Something like that, I'd expect.

TruerToTheCore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:36 AM   #36
Noach
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Its gotta be about Lex rebuilding Metropolis. I really want Lex to seem like the greatest guy in the world until he's behind closed doors. You would have to team him up with a super villain though and whether that's Mettallo, Parasite or whoever I don't know.

I know that you could do something interesting teaming him up with Brainiac but I think Brainiac is best saved for JL or the 3rd movie.
Nice vision Sir. I'd like to see Lex team up with Metallo as well.

Noach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:41 AM   #37
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
superman vs Lex Luthor, the US government, military and man-made disasters for MOS2.
Yeah that's not going to happen, there will be a Supervillian.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:48 AM   #38
Da Games Elite
Side-Kick

Honestly, I'd love to see Lex in the next one, and I think it's fairly inevitable that, in some capacity, Lex will play a role. Perhaps not the primary adversary, but he's going to be there. I hope we'll see him sport some henchmen, but I also hope that Lex presents a psychological and intellectual challenge to go along with the action. After all, Zod was a bad-ass, but his evil plan basically consisted of blowing up ALL TEH THINGZ!!!

Now, Metallo is a pretty safe bet, since he's easy to translate to the big screen, and seems pretty believable. And, unlike what a lot of you guys are saying, Bizarro is also a likely candidate. He'll have similar powers to Superman, and film makers love making characters into "dark shadow" archetypes in comic adaptions. If anything, Parasite seems the oddball choice, since he's a stranger character, his powers are more unusual, and, like Bizarro, he'll end up having similar powers to Clark.

I think Supergirl is a must, if not only to add a lady to the action again. Faora was kick-ass in Man of Steel. Even my gf, who liked bits of the movie on the whole, loved every scene that bad-ass was in. Point is--we need a bad-ass girl, and we've already set up for her.

One thing I think would be really cool, however, is if Lex Luthor mentions, on occassion, needing to go into a meeting with that idiot Wayne...

Da Games Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:51 AM   #39
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Just because they want to go for a more intimate sequel doesnt mean they should reduce spectacle.I mean the Spectacle was HUGE part of the appeal to the GA to lose it would be very foolish.It can be intimte and specataucar

I do not think Lex/Metallo or Lex/Parasite will give enough spectacle for a Superman movie.Spiderman/Ironman maybe but not Supes.
I perfer giving Lex an Army.Maybe give him the Anti-Superman Army as his goons.You can have Parsite/Metallo be a part of that army if you like.

Last edited by Zionite1; 06-21-2013 at 05:54 AM.
Zionite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:01 AM   #40
Da Games Elite
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
Just because they want to go for a more intimate sequel doesnt mean they should reduce spectacle.I mean the Spectacle was HUGE part of the appeal to the GA to lose it would be very foolish.It can be intimte and specataucar

I do not think Lex/Metallo or Lex/Parasite will give enough spectacle for a Superman movie.Spiderman/Ironman maybe but not Supes.
I perfer giving Lex an Army.Maybe give him the Anti-Superman Army as his goons.You can have Parsite/Metallo be a part of that army if you like.
I dunno, I think Superman fighting a robot sporting his weakness in his chest would offer some intense spectacle. After all, Superman would be weak, vulnerable, and forced to be creative. It would spice up the formula, instead of "knock enemy through buildings until he dies." As for Parasite...we're talking about someone who can absorb Superman's powers and memories. It can get serious!

However, armies would be...anti-climactic. We had an army scene in MoS, and all we got were harmless bullets. Not very interesting...

Da Games Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:34 AM   #41
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Games Elite View Post
I dunno, I think Superman fighting a robot sporting his weakness in his chest would offer some intense spectacle. After all, Superman would be weak, vulnerable, and forced to be creative. It would spice up the formula, instead of "knock enemy through buildings until he dies." As for Parasite...we're talking about someone who can absorb Superman's powers and memories. It can get serious!

However, armies would be...anti-climactic. We had an army scene in MoS, and all we got were harmless bullets. Not very interesting...
Theres nothing spoectacular about a wekaned superman fighting.Its weak superman.
To explain the Anti-superman army is not exactly an Army-In the comics its a sqaud of Supermans modt dangerous earth villains-Parasite,Metallo,Kryptonite. etcBasically Supermans version of the Sinister six

Zionite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:35 AM   #42
Man of Steel
Superman

Luthor and Bizarro, of course.

Brandon Routh for Superman!

I believe in Henry Cavill as Superman!

DC-B Universe-My Personal Take on the DCU!
Man of Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:43 AM   #43
Bobbo82

I think dev em is still lurking around. Kryptons original murderer vs kryptons last son!

Bobbo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:02 AM   #44
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

There is so much potental to work with for a sequel I am overwhelmed with what is possible. I want Lex, but no TDK style ending. Lex should be free by the end so we don't need any contrivances to get him involved with the next film. I was never big on Kara, outside of what her interactions with Superman reveal about him. Yet I am chomping at the bit to see her. I think however they decide to intro her it would be nice to see Clark now in the position his father was in. Guiding a young person with incredible power. The DP crew and what goes on in the office between them, especially Lois, should be used to show the world consensus on what having a super hero with such massive power means to people. Would love a little international flavor. Take Clark and Lois on the road. Mettalo and Kryptonite? Sure. Have Lex be behind his creation. The Parasite? Yes, but he is an early sign of the beginings of metahumans and the metagene. Make Rudy Jones a serial killer type. A threat in the background of the plot until it becomes clear he's a bigger threat than Metallo. Tease but do not show the wider DCCU. This is all just spitballing of course.

KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:06 AM   #45
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
The Elite idea can't work in this version IMHO.
Curious, if I may ask, why do you think they wouldn't work in this version? I would think that with MOS being confirmed to take place within a world filled with heroes, that we could have members like the elite being able to coexist into the world in a believable way.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:13 AM   #46
ironman_rick
Side-Kick

As long as they don't have superman III bad guys (the man from Uncle and Richard pryor) I am happy.

Superman Returns Vs Superman I (Bad guy LL and his land theories)
Man of Steel vs Superman II (General zod causing havoc)
MOS 2 vs Superman III ? Hope it does not follow the above trend

Seriously....I would prefer LL and ultraman/brainiac for the sequel with the movie ending as LL becoming the president

ironman_rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:30 AM   #47
elgaz
Side-Kick

I've a very clear idea of where I'd want a sequel to go. Whether that would work or not is another story

MOS had 2 major story elements for me. Clark's step into the unknown ('coming out' and revealing himself to the world), and his fight against a very evenly matched enemy who was also superpowered (namely Zod and his crew).

I think the best sequels never imitate the originals, so I'd want the villain in MOS II to be a more cerebral one. He can't match Superman's physical powers, but like the Joker in TDK he can manipulate events and is a genius in terms of strategy and making things difficult for his foe. Lex is the obvious choice here. Brainiac could also be seen as a cerebral villain, but I'd fear that Brainiac arriving at Earth would be too much like the 'alien invasion' we already got in MOS. Lex rebuilding Metropolis and getting his hands on some of the Kryptonian tech left behind is the obvious way to go.

In terms of his master plan, we have to assume he hates Superman for a reason. And with him being a billionaire businessman with no superpowers to speak of, he would use his tools of the trade (links to the government, powerful PR, etc) to bring Clark's worst fears to life : namely, to turn the world against him, and to create the situation that Jonathan always warned Clark about.

Of course, you can't have a sequel with no action for fear of falling back into Superman Returns territory. So perhaps a 2nd tier villain like Metallo could be introduced to bring an action element to the storyline. That would be a product of Lex's tinkering with Kryptonian tech, and would also provide a means of introducing the dreaded kryptonite, which is what Metallo has traditionally been powered by. Corben himself could be a disgruntled military guy who's been left traumatised by the events of MOS (perhaps seeing his comrades slain down by Kryptonians) and who has developed an almost obsessive desire to destroy every Kryptonian - Superman included. He would be someone who Lex could very easily manipulate into working for him.

Last edited by elgaz; 06-21-2013 at 08:34 AM.
elgaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:33 AM   #48
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Brainiac
Bizarro/Metallo
Lex Luthor

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:01 AM   #49
kguillou
Side-Kick

I know this would be blowing their wad but I want DARKSEID!!! After seeing what Snyder could do with Supes vs Zod, I think he would absolutely nail Darkseid and that film could be even more epic than the first one. I've been waiting so long for a live action version of him and Smallville almost did it but obviously didn't have the budget to go all the way with it.

But, realistically, they should probably wait and use Braniac or Metallo.

Last edited by kguillou; 06-21-2013 at 09:05 AM.
kguillou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:27 AM   #50
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

You know its funny you mention Darkseid cause as much as I want Lex in the sequel and the rebuilding of Metropolis part of me has been thinking what if they went cosmic and took Superman off Earth. Not saying it will happen but it would be interesting.

BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote