The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 06-21-2013, 08:51 PM   #76
sahin
Side-Kick

Default Re: Man of steel 2 possible plot and villians

Things i'd like to see:

Lex Luthor
It's time for the Archenemy. But this time not in form of an arrogant criminal or mad scientist. More like a version similar with Smallvilles Lex. But also good in shape and not too old. And also very intelligent!
My Actor-Choice for the Role would be Matthew Mcconaughey or Richard Armitage.

Metallo (which means Kryptonite too!)
Actually w've epected to John Corben in the first FIlm. Just like General Sam Lane. But whatever...
I'd like to see im in the next one where his Armor would be created by LuthorCorp with Kryptonite.

Jimmy Olsen
But not a too young or too jokey one.

EGGS! EGGS! EGGS! (or Cameos!)
Man of Steel delivered us nice Easter Eggs we can hope on for a great shared cinematic DC Universe. But we wouldn't be Fans of this Franchise if we wouldn't want more!
Of course we wouldn't say no to cameos either! I always imagined, that the Martian Manhunter(in Human Form) would appear in all the Solo-Films of the League-Members to gather them for the upcoming thread they would face in Justice League-Film(I'd choose Brainiac and/or Starro as VIllains for it).

Supermans remorse
In the first Film many innocentpeople died who the Man of Steel even with his big Powers couldn't save. And if this wouldn't be enough, our Hero was forced to kill his Enemy with his bare hands.
In the sequel i'd like to see how he's still struggling with these traumatic experiences and that someone(Lois or Martha) would make him clear, that even someone with his imense Powers can't be everywhere at the same time and can't save everyone.

Jor-El's return...and Eradicator(?)
In the Comics the Eradicator played a big Role in the Creation of the Fortress of Solitude.
With the ship where Clark found out of his heritage is destroyed many people are now wondering if Superman is going to have a Fortress in the sequel at all. But if, i hope we could see 'Jor-El' again as a badass Programm who opens doors 'with the force'. XD

Last edited by sahin; 06-22-2013 at 07:26 AM.
sahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:24 PM   #77
Sabaoth
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Lex and Metallo.
Yep. I can't think of any other outcome than those two.

Anyone here remember Byrne's fantastic Superman #1 and Superman #2?
(Those of you who don't would do well going to comixology and picking them up.)
I could imagine Snyder & Co making those two villains spectacular enough.
Perhaps tease Doomsday.
I think it is safe to assume that they will go "all wraith of khan" in the sequel.

The red tights have a better chance of appearing in the sequel than Brainiac does.
Here's my early take on the plot:

Clark Kent investigates Lex, Lex gets pissed, Superman gets involved, Lex finds out Clark is Superman, Lex sends a bad ass Terminator type of Metallo after Clark Kent, Superman defeats Metallo but his identity as Clark Kent is exposed to the world by Metallo or Luthor sometime during the film.... the climax is Luthor making a last stand wearing a reconfigured Zod armor and dies in battle against Superman. Movie ends with a reveal of Doomsday awakening to set up III.

My thinking behind this is that they are approaching Superman like Nolan did Batman.
The Man of Steel universe will last 3-4 movies tops (not including any JL movies) and they will try to do their version of the mythos within the scope of these several movies. Anything can happen in them. The world can find out Clark is Superman, Luthor and Lois can die, etc.
In a decade or so, they will reboot everything again and the cycle starts anew!

Old 06-21-2013, 10:41 PM   #78
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Lexiac, focus on the trifecta of Lex, Brainiac and Clark.

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:34 PM   #79
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Now that I've seen it, I feel that Lex and Metallo are the best pairings. Metallo frames Superman, and Lex is happy to upset the trust. I want this Lex not to initially want to kill Superman, but discredit him. Only when he thinks that Superman is a threat to his career should he want to actively kill him. Also, if someone in WB reading this, I want Lex to use the Kryptonite core to power Metallo, but NOT know that it is his weakness. It would be far more interesting that way.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:39 PM   #80
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaoth View Post
Yep. I can't think of any other outcome than those two.

Anyone here remember Byrne's fantastic Superman #1 and Superman #2?
(Those of you who don't would do well going to comixology and picking them up.)
I could imagine Snyder & Co making those two villains spectacular enough.
Perhaps tease Doomsday.
I think it is safe to assume that they will go "all wraith of khan" in the sequel.

The red tights have a better chance of appearing in the sequel than Brainiac does.
Here's my early take on the plot:

Clark Kent investigates Lex, Lex gets ****ed, Superman gets involved, Lex finds out Clark is Superman, Lex sends a bad ass Terminator type of Metallo after Clark Kent, Superman defeats Metallo but his identity as Clark Kent is exposed to the world by Metallo or Luthor sometime during the film.... the climax is Luthor making a last stand wearing a reconfigured Zod armor and dies in battle against Superman. Movie ends with a reveal of Doomsday awakening to set up III.

My thinking behind this is that they are approaching Superman like Nolan did Batman.
The Man of Steel universe will last 3-4 movies tops (not including any JL movies) and they will try to do their version of the mythos within the scope of these several movies. Anything can happen in them. The world can find out Clark is Superman, Luthor and Lois can die, etc.
In a decade or so, they will reboot everything again and the cycle starts anew!
The world finding out is to IronManesque. Also I don't want Superman to kill Luthor. And I want Doomsday to only appear after a JLA movie. It would be lame to find out that Doomsday's rampage was preventable by
the JLA.

Heck, this is radical, but I want JLA to be the movie in which Superman DIES (if he dies at all). Doomsday attacking at the end and Superman making the ultimate sacrifice would be EPIC. Also, it would give WB a nice push to branch out and have more solo movies that aren't about Superman, before bringing to life the Return storyline (that would be cool to see done properly, combining elements from World Without and Return).

Old 06-22-2013, 12:03 AM   #81
sf2
Side-Kick

hmmm... isn't Metallo like very much like Ironman???
the only difference is the heart.

Old 06-22-2013, 12:09 AM   #82
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Would it be too much of an forced nod if we had Lois or someone from the DP commenting on how reports are coming in of either urban tales or news reporters about other mysterious "heroes" starting to gain attention in their specific cities...this could be in relation to MOS 2 in regards to further showing on how much of an impact Superman's debut has made onto the world.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:12 AM   #83
Superman Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Would it be too much of an forced nod if we had Lois or someone from the DP commenting on how reports are coming in of either urban tales or news reporters about other mysterious "heroes" starting to gain attention in their specific cities...this could be in relation to MOS 2 in regards to further showing on how much of an impact Superman's debut has made onto the world.
Sounds OK. It'd be foreshadowing for sequels while also being, as you said, an extra confirmation of Superman's wide influence. Superman rings the gong and ignites a comic book world come to life.

Superman Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:41 AM   #84
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 113 View Post
Absolutely NO KRYPTONITE

I would be 100% happy if Kryptonite NEVER exists in this DCU. I absolutely can't stand story-lines that rely on Kryptonite. Biggest cop-out plot device ever created. I hate it.

The only time Kryptonite is ever acceptable in a story for me is when Batman has some stockpiled in case Superman goes rogue, those cases it's acceptable because it's the only way Batman can legitimately take on Superman physically, and I'm fine with it because it can give us epic fanboy battles.

But other than that, KEEP IT OUT OF THE DCU.

*Oh and I'm occasionally fine with it being used with Metallo but only when it is used very sparingly. When Metallo just keeps his chest open the entire time they fight I just zzzzZZZZzz
there is no acceptable event for me to use kryptonite!
totally no kryptonite for me!!!
super sick of it!!!

superman has enough weakness. his mother, lois lane, the people...
i would rather to see they have discovered / found a super doper weapon that can hurt superman and make him bleed.

Old 06-22-2013, 01:28 AM   #85
bullets
bang bang

You gotta have Kryptonite , that's Superman's weakness bro.

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:32 AM   #86
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
there is no acceptable event for me to use kryptonite!
totally no kryptonite for me!!!
super sick of it!!!

superman has enough weakness. his mother, lois lane, the people...
i would rather to see they have discovered / found a super doper weapon that can hurt superman and make him bleed.
And then you will have people *****ing about how Superman is too OP and no one can take him on.

Luthor-Kryptonite is acceptable. Especially if they're gonna tie in to Justice League (I wanna see Batman have a contingency plan for every member who goes rogue).

InJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:37 AM   #87
Superman Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post
You gotta have Kryptonite , that's Superman's weakness bro.
As is getting punched in the face by someone of equal or greater power.

Would I be burned as a heretic if I proposed a Metallo minus the Kryptonite? Imagine an overpowered T-800. Or an army of them programmed by Lex to neutralize the "Superman threat". I say blend Metallo and Cyborg Superman together, essentially.

Kryptonite was created long ago to solve a problem that ceased to exist soon afterward because of villains.

Superman Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:25 AM   #88
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman Prime View Post
As is getting punched in the face by someone of equal or greater power.

Would I be burned as a heretic if I proposed a Metallo minus the Kryptonite? Imagine an overpowered T-800. Or an army of them programmed by Lex to neutralize the "Superman threat". I say blend Metallo and Cyborg Superman together, essentially.

Kryptonite was created long ago to solve a problem that ceased to exist soon afterward because of villains.

Well it's been said before they might not use Kryptonite in this set of films. There are ways around it , but for me it's a big part of the mythos. I want to see a villain taunt Superman with the green rock no matter how many times it's been done before.

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:35 AM   #89
Noach
Side-Kick

I want to see Jor El return with the Eradicator.

The Eradicator should be like GORT in DTEST.

comicvine.com

Noach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:10 AM   #90
death-lord
Banned User

Why not an original villian I mean the dc cinematic universe should have both familiar but also original characters this villian should be menacing and new like a khan like villian cumbercatchy

death-lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:01 AM   #91
RedKryptonite

MOS 2 - Lex Luthor and Metallo
MOS 3 - Braniac with Robots and Lex Luthor in Battle Suit

RedKryptonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:25 AM   #92
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

How would people feel about a Parasite that has no connection to Lex, as seems to be the go to origin most people want. I think his name "Parasite" is evocative, and I get a kind of super powered serial killer vibe. He is an example of the emerging human metagene. Make what he is doing, sucking people dry, feeding off of life and peoples memories, something in the back ground. Then, boom, it turns out this is the big physical threat Supes has to face.

KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:03 AM   #93
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well it's been said before they might not use Kryptonite in this set of films. There are ways around it , but for me it's a big part of the mythos. I want to see a villain taunt Superman with the green rock no matter how many times it's been done before.
Then I hope they will stick to what they said then.

I think the main theme in MOS2 should be how superman manage to earn the trust fr the people... so the green rock isn't helpful here.

Old 06-22-2013, 09:27 AM   #94
Zionite1
Side-Kick

With the world gripped in Fear of Alien invasion.Presient Luthor comes on the scene,Using power and influence to get the worlds nations to unite so they can stand against future threats-Unite under Him.Using the leftover Kryptonian tech,he creates an army of supervillains to conquer Alien planets,supposedl;y to protect the Earth but in reality its just a bid for power.Luthor becomes a power hungry World leader who is a threat not only to Earths freedom but aliens as well,
Supermans got a job to do

Zionite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:23 AM   #95
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

I don't want it to be too tied to MOS. I want it to stand alone.

R.I.P. Heath
Excel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:24 AM   #96
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

Theme should be 'the role 'hope' plays in dealing with failure'.

Expose Supermans physical AND emotional vulnerabilities.

Introduce Kryptonite and lead walls. More stuff involving Smallville and the Daily Planet, less stuff involving Krypton and the military.

I am afraid they are going to rip off Xmen and make the government a huge part of it ("he's a threat"). Let's keep being original.

R.I.P. Heath

Last edited by Excel; 06-22-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Excel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:44 AM   #97
Jochimus
Autobot Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman Prime View Post
Would I be burned as a heretic if I proposed a Metallo minus the Kryptonite?
I'd lean in that direction myself.

In fact, I'd be tempted to do a lot of things that, based upon what I've read on this forum so far, would probably not go over too terribly well with fans (like keeping Kryptonite AND Lex far away from the MOS franchise pre-Justice League, giving Bizarro a massive reworking, bringing in some version of Supergirl by the time we get to a third movie even if it isn't necessarily a recognizable version of Kara Zor-El...)

http://jochimus.deviantart.com
Jochimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:18 AM   #98
hurley711
Side-Kick

I would like to see Lex befriending Superman in the film with the idea of framing him and taking him down in the end. Keep your friends close but your enemies closer type of deal. Have Lex embark on the rebuild of Metroplois WITH Supermans help, using his speed and strength with Lexs resources to build the city back up quickly. During this stage I would like to see 2 things happen, one have Lex using this time to find out Supes weaknesses, find out he trusts too much and in turn use these things against him. Also, on the flip side, I would LOVE to see Clark developing as a reporter, having issues of his own with Lex and whether he is really trustworthy(like he did with Zod in MOS) by snooping around and finding out that Lex actually has the Kryptonion armor, technology recovered from any remnants left behind during the battles, and maybe even Zods body which could be used for a number of things since we are talking about Lex.

Having Lex researching SUpermans backround while Clark is researching LExs backround could be a suspenseful storyline on who is going to find out what, when, and how they will use it against each other. On the outside LEx and SUperman will both look like good guys in the citys eyes, the question is can Lex flip them against Superman or can Clark as a reporter find out enough to reveal Lex is the bad guy through articles etc and use his alter ego in SUperman to flip the city and world against Lex or expose him.

hurley711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:38 AM   #99
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
The key is to make Kryptonite to Superman what Snakes are to Indy. He can fight through his fear/weakness, but it's very physically and emotionally demanding. He's a tough fighter elsewhere, that's why it's OK to have "weak spot.'

Old 06-22-2013, 05:24 PM   #100
The Guard
Side-Kick

My dream Superman movie involves Lex Luthor's emergence as the savior of Metropolis after its destruction, the appearance of the alien computer ambassador/collector Braniac, and the two of them allying and creating Metallo, Bizarro, Parasite (Because let's face it, it isn't terribly realistic for Luthor to be quite THAT brilliant on his own), and the discovery of Kryptonite, with a mission to escalate the public's fear of Superman and test Superman's limits.

And as "been there, done that" as it feels, I would still love to see some kind of Eradicator/Doomsday storyline in the third film. Maybe with Supergirl involved somehow?

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote