The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 06-22-2013, 11:34 PM   #101
SentinelMind
Banned User

Default Re: Man of steel 2 possible plot and villians

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLantern View Post
The Elite would really not work at this stage since Clark still hasn't embodied the principles to which the Elite are the opposites of.
oooohhhh....snapp!!!

SentinelMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:41 PM   #102
SentinelMind
Banned User

why do so many want Supergirl...we didn't even get a real Robin with Nolan's Batman...

SentinelMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:02 AM   #103
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Bring back Faora. Turn her into Metallo. Have her team up with Lex.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Poni_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:05 AM   #104
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ No.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:12 AM   #105
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Yes

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 06-23-2013, 12:23 AM   #106
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
Yes
^No

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:26 AM   #107
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Yes

Old 06-23-2013, 12:27 AM   #108
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Have a giant Taco rampage Metropolis that exerts Kryptonite fumes or something.

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:30 AM   #109
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yes

No.

InJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:31 AM   #110
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Have a giant Taco rampage Metropolis that exerts Kryptonite fumes or something.
I smell endorsement

Old 06-23-2013, 12:32 AM   #111
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Yes

Yes to the No!

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:31 PM   #112
The Sage
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Let's see.

- Jimmy Olsen debuts at the Daily Planet as an aspiring reporter/photographer who's a fan of Lois Lane, and is a big believer in Superman. He argues that Superman's a hero, while Steve Lombard argues the opposite.

- The military and government interrogate Superman for details about the Kryptonians.

- Lex Luthor rebuilds Metropolis and begins a campaign to turn the public against Superman drive him away. Using the information Superman provides from the interrogation above, he duplicates the atmosphere of the planet Krypton, but turns it more lethal and poisonous to use as a weapon against Superman. In other words...Lex created Kryptonite.

- The alien attack spurs Washington to start a plan to create metahumans, headed by Paul Cadmus of Cadmus Labs, who partners with LexCorp. Together, creations such as Metallo and Parasite are born.

- Martha Kent gets sick and dies. Kidding.

- Lois helps Clark covers his identity and they start their relationship.

- Superman begins building his Fortress of Solitude.

- Superman discovers new abilities such as super breath, telescopic vision, microscopic vision, infrared vision.

The Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:14 PM   #113
Cantis1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentinelMind View Post
why do so many want Supergirl...we didn't even get a real Robin with Nolan's Batman...
Bitter, still very bitter about that.

Whichever villain they pick, I hope they manage to make them seem "real." I mean with Zod, I thought they grounded him with a realistic character and a background. The Krypton back story made Zod and his people deeper characters for me. Less cartoony, than he could have been.

My problem for Lex is that he's been done to death and frankly, he comes across so silly in most of the versions that I have seen, that I just find him more annoying rather than scary or villainous.

Quote:
YES, please!!

Cantis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:45 PM   #114
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantis1 View Post
Bitter, still very bitter about that.

Whichever villain they pick, I hope they manage to make them seem "real." I mean with Zod, I thought they grounded him with a realistic character and a background. The Krypton back story made Zod and his people deeper characters for me. Less cartoony, than he could have been.

My problem for Lex is that he's been done to death and frankly, he comes across so silly in most of the versions that I have seen, that I just find him more annoying rather than scary or villainous.

YES, please!!
Lex can be done real. In fact, I want him to be. I want Lex to be a character who could EXIST in real life, channeling the corruption and double lives that exist in this world.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:49 PM   #115
nocomics
Side-Kick

Possible villains(I would love to see):
1. Doomsday; I would love to do the 'Death of Superman' and this way you could bring up Lex Luthor into the mix. Though; do we want another carnage filled movie? I guess they could limit the damage? Maybe save for JLA movie?

2. Lobo; since the stand alone movie got scraped bring the big guy in some capacity. He's a colorful character so to speak,

3. Lex Luthor; I know he's been overused, but I do think in a limited capacity he is needed to add a villain with some smarts. Maybe another villain for the muscle(Faora?/Bizzaro?)

4. Darkseid; Probably most powerful villain in DC universe beside Doomsday, though I think they may save him for JLA movie?

Those are the villain's I'd like to see the most. Bizzarro I'm not sure about and I don't know if would be a good idea to have a carbon copy of Superman in the second movie?

*Please no Super girl or Super boy, maybe a bigger Martian Manhunter part or hell maybe a Batman cameo...

nocomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:51 PM   #116
Rowsdower!
Zoom Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
Let's see.

- Jimmy Olsen debuts at the Daily Planet as an aspiring reporter/photographer who's a fan of Lois Lane, and is a big believer in Superman. He argues that Superman's a hero, while Steve Lombard argues the opposite.

- The military and government interrogate Superman for details about the Kryptonians.

- Lex Luthor rebuilds Metropolis and begins a campaign to turn the public against Superman drive him away. Using the information Superman provides from the interrogation above, he duplicates the atmosphere of the planet Krypton, but turns it more lethal and poisonous to use as a weapon against Superman. In other words...Lex created Kryptonite.

- The alien attack spurs Washington to start a plan to create metahumans, headed by Paul Cadmus of Cadmus Labs, who partners with LexCorp. Together, creations such as Metallo and Parasite are born.

- Superman discovers new abilities such as super breath, telescopic vision, microscopic vision, infrared vision.
Great ideas! I especially like the new origin for Kryptonite. That's really cool.

Old 06-23-2013, 11:31 PM   #117
gdw
Side-Kick

Considering they introduced Dr. Hamilton, but he never got to work for S.T.A.R. labs, as he's no in the Phantom Zone, what if he somehow gets out?
But, he brings from the Phantom Zone . . . Brainiac?

Perhaps Brainiac starts as an artificial intelligence, maybe tied to Krypton's space exploration days, maybe a program on one of the later model scout ships. Could tie into whatever lead them to stop exploring space, maybe one of those leading the space exploration program introduced the Brainiac program into the ship against the council's will; They did not like the possible problems that could come from such an advanced AI system.
So, the guy was sent to the Phantom Zone, and they sent the ship with the program there as well so that no one could continue his work.

Dr. Hamilton unwittingly uses the Brainiac program to escape, and, accidentally brings Brainiac with him?

Dr. Hamilton could be secretly under the control of Brainiac, and his experience with Superman leads to a relationship similar to that of the comics, giving Brainiac access to Clark.

Just throwing stuff out off the top of my head.

Thanks Cconn, for the avvy.

"Originally we wanted Bill Murray to play Batman." - Jon Peters.
gdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:36 PM   #118
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ Oooh. Sounds like a good idea for a 3rd film though

Old 06-24-2013, 12:18 AM   #119
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

posted this in the sequel section, but after watching some stas and MOS, this might work:

lex and metallo.

the story would be lex rebuilds metropolis. he's looked at as the real savior of metropolis, and lexcorp gains government contracts to create a superman deterrent. people love lex and are very wary of superman since he only brings destruction.

what they don't know is that lex is financing terrorism in the form of intergang. lexcorp builds a super suit piloted by john corben. he gets into an accident on it's unveiling, and lex decides to rebuild him using intergang technology. during all of this lois and clark are working on a story to expose lex as the figurehead of intergang.

in the end lex walks away, and corben is imprisoned. lex is transported somewhere and meets intergang's technology supplier, darkseid(or steppenwolf to lead up to darkseid).

also heroes are coming out of the woodwork all over the world. performing acts of vigilantism, to which superman wonders if him coming out and revealing himself was a good idea since it's caused all these other crazies to do the same.

Last edited by Sub-Zero; 06-24-2013 at 12:25 AM.
Sub-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:19 AM   #120
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ You REALLY want that Justice League movie, don't you?

Old 06-24-2013, 12:27 AM   #121
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
Let's see.

Thumbs up to these.

Kryptonian Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:29 AM   #122
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
^ You REALLY want that Justice League movie, don't you?
that obvious, eh? honestly right now i'd like to see a 4th world movie. it could be epic. like a space version of lord of the rings.

Sub-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:53 AM   #123
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

I'd like to see more flashbacks of Clark discovering powers.

Like the first time he discovers super strength or heat vision and you could have interesting dynamic of the Kent's being afraid of Clark (might accidently crush them or burn them) for a little while before he gets a grip of his powers.

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:55 AM   #124
smsvmos
Side-Kick

Quote:
Let's see.

Love it

I could do without parasite. But I could see Metallo coming together in the 2nd film. Lex creates Kryptonite as a type of energy source (we all know that Lex in this Universe is an Oil/Natural fule muggle) So he powers a prototype Cyborg Soldier (Metallo) with the new energy source (Kryptonite).

The backstory for Metallo could be of one of the many solders injured in the Kryptonian battle and now he hates Superman because they made him a cripple so after becoming Metallo he malfunctions and attacks Superman. And in that first meeting, Superman becomes aware of Kyptonite.

On the Superman Telescopic vision part we actually got to see that power. That's when Martha calls Clark outside and there is only a stationary light in the sky but Clark uses telescopic vision to see the ship up close.

smsvmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:06 AM   #125
Zionite1
Side-Kick

MOS borrows heavily on Kryptonian Lore which makes it feel like a Scifi Epic. I hope the sequel borrows from Cadmus Mythology in Superman Lore.Its so rich and spectacular.You could introduce Clones and Various genetic monsters into the superman using Cadmus Mythology.And I would have Lex take center stage as the villain of Cadmus Mythology instead of Dabney Donovan as he is a better fit.

Zionite1 is offline   Reply With Quote