The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Old 06-22-2013, 11:19 AM   #51
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Default Re: Predicting Critic Response To TASM2

^I think he means the script. I'm sure Jamie Foxx and Paul Giamatti will do the best the possibly can, and both are great actors!

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:59 PM   #52
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
Ahh, I see. One more question, are you saying the villain(s) will be undermined due to the script or the actor's performances?
Due to the script. Like how it screwed Rhys Ifans.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:24 PM   #53
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

No offence Anno, but why are you so cynical? Even you must realize that even with the countless flaws that the finished product had, TASM had a lot of potential to be something greater. And now Marc has more free ground to play with so this might turn out to be a surprise hit

I for one think it might very well turn out that way. the past doesn't always repeat itself

TheWallCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #54
Picard Sisko

I didn't have any "concern" for TASM2 until I heard about MJ being taken out of the movie and started hearing everyone freak out on the internet. Otherwise, I think this movie can only be an improvement over the first.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 06-22-2013, 05:10 PM   #55
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWallCrawler View Post
No offence Anno, but why are you so cynical? Even you must realize that even with the countless flaws that the finished product had, TASM had a lot of potential to be something greater. And now Marc has more free ground to play with so this might turn out to be a surprise hit

I for one think it might very well turn out that way. the past doesn't always repeat itself
I can say Spider-Man 3 had potential too, but it was still a bad movie, as was TAS-M.

Old 06-22-2013, 05:23 PM   #56
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

ASM and SM3 shouldn't be used in the same sentence.

MessiahDecoy123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:23 PM   #57
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I can say Spider-Man 3 had potential too, but it was still a bad movie, as was TAS-M.
Yeah but I'm talking about this movie, and that you seemingly already predict that it will as faulty as TASM. Yeah I'm a very optimistic person, but in this case you seem to be unnecessarily cynical for any future installment because TASM had problems

Old 06-22-2013, 05:57 PM   #58
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Honestly, I expect several critics to be negative towards this film...good thing I could care less about critics.

Old 06-22-2013, 06:10 PM   #59
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

The amazing spider-man is way better then SM3 and personally for me better then then SM1 and 2

Old 06-22-2013, 06:22 PM   #60
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
ASM and SM3 shouldn't be used in the same sentence.
And yet I did, lol.

TAS-M is only a LITTLE bit better than S-M 3. That's how far that film has fallen in my eyes when I say only a little bit better.

Quote:
Yeah but I'm talking about this movie, and that you seemingly already predict that it will as faulty as TASM. Yeah I'm a very optimistic person, but in this case you seem to be unnecessarily cynical for any future installment because TASM had problems
Huh, what? Read the last couple of pages...I haven't said anything truly bad about the sequel except I think the sequel won't do wonders with its villains. I even said one of the predictions of the film could be that Webb's sequel will be ambitious with amazing visuals and a great cast but will be at fault with its villains, and I do think that. Electro doesn't interest me, nor does Rhino.

Please take some time and read what I have said in this thread. It's what happens basically all the time just because of my views on the first film and posters immediately jump to think I have dire opinions with the sequel. I have my nitpicks as others do, but I think the sequel will actually be good this time around, but zero faith with the villains.

Old 06-22-2013, 06:23 PM   #61
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
The amazing spider-man is way better then SM3 and personally for me better then then SM1 and 2
I agree, so you're not alone.

Then again I'm one of the few who disliked the Raimi movies since SM1.

To me Peter and MJ were both miscast if not completely mischaracterized. I found the tone, organic webshooter changes, and intentionally cheesy acting all very condescending. So I was biased against the entire trilogy the way Raimi fans are against ASM.

Old 06-22-2013, 06:24 PM   #62
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
I agree, so you're not alone.

Then again I'm one of the few who disliked the Raimi movies since SM1.

To me Peter and MJ were both miscast if not completely mischaracterized. I found the tone, organic webshooter changes, and intentionally cheesy acting all very condescending. So I was biased against the entire trilogy the way Raimi fans are against ASM.
I wouldn't say a few. There seems to be a good number that never seemed to enjoy Raimi's take.

BUT....that's a cheap shot saying Raimi fans are against TAS-M. Some Raimi fans, as I am(just the first two) could definitely enjoy TAS-M...but the film was just never my thing except for only a few things.

Old 06-22-2013, 06:38 PM   #63
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Okay all the Raimi fans are not biased against the ASM series but a fair share of them are.

Old 06-23-2013, 06:47 AM   #64
Picard Sisko

I am a Raimi fan and I LOVED TASM, so there you go.

Old 06-23-2013, 07:35 AM   #65
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Huh, what? Read the last couple of pages...I haven't said anything truly bad about the sequel except I think the sequel won't do wonders with its villains. I even said one of the predictions of the film could be that Webb's sequel will be ambitious with amazing visuals and a great cast but will be at fault with its villains, and I do think that. Electro doesn't interest me, nor does Rhino.

Please take some time and read what I have said in this thread. It's what happens basically all the time just because of my views on the first film and posters immediately jump to think I have dire opinions with the sequel. I have my nitpicks as others do, but I think the sequel will actually be good this time around, but zero faith with the villains.
That exactly what I'm wondering. Why? Why the zero faith with the villains?

Old 06-23-2013, 12:31 PM   #66
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
While I don't have zero faith, I can definitely say that I see Anno's concern. I think many of us agree that Lizard wasn't used to his potential at all. While I definitely don't think he was a bad villain, he sure was a bit of a disappointment when you think of what could have been.

Then we have the set pics of Dillon. While I think Electro will be badass and awesome, I still think that the geek side of Dillon is over the top and too goofy. I do however love everything else about him, he sounds like a three dimensional villain to me so far. But I'm afraid the goofy stuff pre-Electro will take me out of the movie a bit.

Concerning Rhino, I feel the exact opposite. He seems to be awesome pre-Rhino, but I'm afraid the suit/armor/whatever will look too big and too much like Iron Monger. I'm also definitely not a fan of his look if he ends up having a big glass visor looking too much like those Avatar robots. Character wise though we know too little about him to feel hope or concern.

Green Goblin will hopefully be done justice, but I am EXTREMELY afraid that he'll transform instead of being true-and-true 616. I don't care if he transforms into looking like 616, it's the transformation itself that is the problem. If he ends up looking like Ultimate Green Goblin, then yeah that's even worse. I think though that Norman Osborn will be great.

Old 06-23-2013, 12:44 PM   #67
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
I am a Raimi fan and I LOVED TASM, so there you go.
Me as well.

Old 06-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #68
eLPAtitoyUPI
The real Spoder-Man

I think TASM surpasses SM3 (by a big gap) and SM1, but is tied (or even a little worse) with SM2. But not for that much.

Old 06-23-2013, 12:49 PM   #69
Oscorp
Side-Kick

To me, Raimi's films all have some truly perfect scenes that I like to youtube at times. But I can't stand watching the whole films.

Old 06-23-2013, 01:10 PM   #70
Eros
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
While I don't have zero faith, I can definitely say that I see Anno's concern. I think many of us agree that Lizard wasn't used to his potential at all. While I definitely don't think he was a bad villain, he sure was a bit of a disappointment when you think of what could have been.

Then we have the set pics of Dillon. While I think Electro will be badass and awesome, I still think that the geek side of Dillon is over the top and too goofy. I do however love everything else about him, he sounds like a three dimensional villain to me so far. But I'm afraid the goofy stuff pre-Electro will take me out of the movie a bit.

Concerning Rhino, I feel the exact opposite. He seems to be awesome pre-Rhino, but I'm afraid the suit/armor/whatever will look too big and too much like Iron Monger. I'm also definitely not a fan of his look if he ends up having a big glass visor looking too much like those Avatar robots. Character wise though we know too little about him to feel hope or concern.

Green Goblin will hopefully be done justice, but I am EXTREMELY afraid that he'll transform instead of being true-and-true 616. I don't care if he transforms into looking like 616, it's the transformation itself that is the problem. If he ends up looking like Ultimate Green Goblin, then yeah that's even worse. I think though that Norman Osborn will be great.
lizard sucked, and all the best conners scenes was cut from the first one. The Rhino suit crap honestly looks odd, what happened to the juggernaut style thug? Electro might be cool, the geek into badass thing has been done before, hell its spider-mans story all with a bad guy.

Old 06-23-2013, 01:38 PM   #71
JOE

As far as CBM go, I don't think there's a movie out there that should have gotten a higher rating than it got. I do however think there are some movies that should have gotten a lower score.

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:57 PM   #72
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE View Post
As far as CBM go, I don't think there's a movie out there that should have gotten a higher rating than it got. I do however think there are some movies that should have gotten a lower score.
Such as?

Old 06-23-2013, 02:26 PM   #73
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Well look at Lizard's portrayal in TAS-M. Whatever kind of scene that would have helped Connors was deleted and Lizard's actions and his lack of ferocity were just disappointing. I found Venom to be more ferocious in S-M 3 and I feel even that wasn't enough for Venom, lol. Then going to Connors, we only see what....a pencil, a backpack, a toy to hint at a son and Curt's wedding ring to hint at a wife, but nothing is shown. They could have at least gone the divorced route as that would've made sense for why we never see them and why no one even cares when Curt starts living in the sewers.

And now Electro...I'm not digging the new Nutty Professor look of Dillon, nor do I think someone like Electro could hold up an entire film, and at least with Rhino, when I'm not a fan of the villain at all, he might be showing up only two-three times, so that I can look past...just don't think the script can do any wonders with villains like Electro and Rhino when they screwed up someone like Lizard so damn much, lol. Sure, the editing didn't help with Connors/Lizard's case, but the script itself didn't either.

Quote:
To me, Raimi's films all have some truly perfect scenes that I like to youtube at times. But I can't stand watching the whole films.
I only count three for Spider-Man 3.

Quote:
Such as?
I bet he's going to say TDKRises, lol.

Old 06-23-2013, 02:35 PM   #74
Oscorp
Side-Kick

In that case, I'd agree with him. It seems TDKR generally is considered equal to TDK which I definitely don't think it is. It is a very good film but no way near as great as TDK in my opinion.

Anyways, I don't like to rate movies at all nowadays. It's just too hard to make your opinions justice that way.

Old 06-23-2013, 08:02 PM   #75
Anno_Domini
Banned User

TDKR is indeed generally considered equal to TDK and that is the right assumption, imo

During TDKRises on HBO, I stumbled upon a tweet where someone said "Watching TDKR..The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises are the best comic book films of all time." Short, sweet, and correct if you ask me.

And what do you mean by giving the opinions justice? They are yours...as long as they make sense for you, it's all that matters. I don't care if the whole world tells me Man of Steel is a bad film because I love it.

Last edited by Anno_Domini; 06-23-2013 at 08:10 PM.