The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Old 06-23-2013, 08:58 PM   #76
JOE

Default Re: Predicting Critic Response To TASM2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I bet he's going to say TDKRises, lol.
Nailed it! But also Iron Man 3, Spider-Man 3, Thor and The Avengers.

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:02 PM   #77
Anno_Domini
Banned User

I agree with two of those, and disagree with the other two.

I'll let you guess which, lol.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:04 PM   #78
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
In that case, I'd agree with him. It seems TDKR generally is considered equal to TDK which I definitely don't think it is. It is a very good film but no way near as great as TDK in my opinion.

Anyways, I don't like to rate movies at all nowadays. It's just too hard to make your opinions justice that way.
I really didn't like the dark knight rises all that much. It's not a bad film, but there is no way that its equal to TDK IMO. Not even close.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:05 PM   #79
JOE

Quote:
I agree with two of those, and disagree with the other two.

I'll let you guess which, lol.
I couldn't care less.

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
Old 06-23-2013, 09:07 PM   #80
Picard Sisko

I don't think pre-electro Max Dillon deserves to be called goofy.
So hard to tell from set photos.

I hear so many people bashing the pre-cgi rhino suit as well, but it is too early to judge that.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 06-23-2013, 09:07 PM   #81
JOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
I really didn't like the dark knight rises all that much. It's not a bad film, but there is no way that its equal to TDK IMO. Not even close.
I concur.

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
Old 06-23-2013, 09:07 PM   #82
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE View Post
I couldn't care less.
Yah, I realized that.

Much as I don't care for anyone to put The Avengers in the pile of garbage with IM3 and S-M3

Old 06-23-2013, 09:09 PM   #83
JOE

A cross species Rhino could be really cool, or utterly terrible. Comic con should let us know.

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
Old 06-23-2013, 09:11 PM   #84
JOE

Quote:
Yah, I realized that.

Much as I don't care for anyone to put The Avengers in the pile of garbage with IM3 and S-M3
The only association I made with them was that I thought all of the Rotten Tomatoes ratings were too high. That doesn't mean they're comparable films in my eyes. It's all relative. SM3's 63% should have been in the high 40's to low 50's. While The Avengers 92% should have been high 70's to low 80's for me.

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
Old 06-23-2013, 09:12 PM   #85
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE View Post
The only association I made with them was that I thought all of the Rotten Tomatoes ratings were too high. That doesn't mean they're comparable films in my eyes. It's all relative. SM3's 63% should have been in the high 40's to low 50's which The Avengers 92% should have been high 70's to low 80's for me.
Ahh, good. As long as you mean that, aces then.

Old 06-23-2013, 09:17 PM   #86
JOE

When is comic con anyhow?

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
Old 06-23-2013, 09:19 PM   #87
Picard Sisko

Mid july

Old 06-23-2013, 09:20 PM   #88
JOE

When did we get The Amazing Spider-Man teaser in respect to comic con 2010?

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
Old 06-23-2013, 09:21 PM   #89
Picard Sisko

Hmm, I think it was released online shortly before CA:TFA

Old 06-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #90
Bert
Side-Kick

Quote:
TDKR is indeed generally considered equal to TDK and that is the right assumption, imo

During TDKRises on HBO, I stumbled upon a tweet where someone said "Watching TDKR..The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises are the best comic book films of all time." Short, sweet, and correct if you ask me.

And what do you mean by giving the opinions justice? They are yours...as long as they make sense for you, it's all that matters. I don't care if the whole world tells me Man of Steel is a bad film because I love it.
The Dark Knight is far superior to TDKR... I highly anticipated both, unfortunately with TDKR is just never reached the highs that TDK did. Heath Ledger was amazing, and I think Aaron Eckhart was too. Bane was ok, I thought Anne Hathaway's performance was the best thing about it.

Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:39 PM   #91
FN Spider-man
move it Spidey move it!!

Lets not derail now

FN Spider-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:11 PM   #92
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
The Dark Knight is far superior to TDKR... I highly anticipated both, unfortunately with TDKR is just never reached the highs that TDK did. Heath Ledger was amazing, and I think Aaron Eckhart was too. Bane was ok, I thought Anne Hathaway's performance was the best thing about it.
That's nice for you.

I obviously disagree, but yes, let's not derail again.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:21 PM   #93
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
TDKR is indeed generally considered equal to TDK and that is the right assumption, imo
Nothing is generally considered to be an equal to TDK so far. The Avengers is the closest comic book movie so far to that status and even that movie didn't reach it.

Last edited by Shikamaru; 06-23-2013 at 10:26 PM.
Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:28 PM   #94
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Nothing is generally considered to be an equal to TDK so far. The Avengers is the closest comic book movie so far to that status and even that movie didn't reach it.
Batfans on here would beg to differ when TDK has only like 8,9 extra votes than TDKR on which film is the strongest of the trilogy as well as numerous reviews of the trilogy as a whole exclaiming people will always argue over which of the two films is better. Hell, I've even read one that said TDK was the WORST of the trilogy(I obviously don't believe that claim, lol).

Old 06-24-2013, 12:25 AM   #95
Bert
Side-Kick

Alright back to topic: keep in mind this is a superhero movie sequel.... So that's a lot to overcome in the critic's eyes.... Good thing they aren't making it for the critics.

I imagine it'll be your typical 'soulless, clattering, noisy dumb summer fare wheres my art house cinema I'm worn out of watching summer movies'

Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:35 AM   #96
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Doubt it'll be soulless. As much as I didn't like TAS-M, I can say that film was not soulless. It had plenty of heart. Don't see why the sequel would forget about that element of storytelling.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:58 AM   #97
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

Quote:
Well look at Lizard's portrayal in TAS-M. Whatever kind of scene that would have helped Connors was deleted and Lizard's actions and his lack of ferocity were just disappointing. I found Venom to be more ferocious in S-M 3 and I feel even that wasn't enough for Venom, lol. Then going to Connors, we only see what....a pencil, a backpack, a toy to hint at a son and Curt's wedding ring to hint at a wife, but nothing is shown. They could have at least gone the divorced route as that would've made sense for why we never see them and why no one even cares when Curt starts living in the sewers.
I do admit, Lizard was poorly done. Webb said that displaying humanity in the design would be the key, which is absolutely backwards. The design, flat face or not, is supposed to be ferocious and reptilian so we can feel sorry for him that he ended up like that. His movement should also be more reptile creature like and only for subtle moments we should see a glimpse of that Connors is still in there somewhere.

Also comicbook Lizard absolutely dispises humans, and while Connors did say how pathetic humans are, it's also contridicted by the fact that he wants to help people. He should see humans as merely resource for the continuation of his kind

and for last, I don't care how unlikely it'd be that the doctor's coat would stay on him the whole time, it's a key part of design that not only makes the design more vibrant, but compliments the depth of his character

Last edited by TheWallCrawler; 06-24-2013 at 04:04 AM.
TheWallCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:13 AM   #98
eLPAtitoyUPI
The real Spoder-Man

Quote:
Batfans on here would beg to differ when TDK has only like 8,9 extra votes than TDKR on which film is the strongest of the trilogy as well as numerous reviews of the trilogy as a whole exclaiming people will always argue over which of the two films is better. Hell, I've even read one that said TDK was the WORST of the trilogy(I obviously don't believe that claim, lol).
I think TDK and TDKR are tied... into second place. I prefer Batman Begins more than those two. It feels more "Batman" to me.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:08 AM   #99
JOE

I'm glad the MOS craze is diluting. There were some Hypsters that saw it before anyone else and they were calling it the greatest CBM of all time.

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
Old 06-24-2013, 09:08 AM   #100
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
And what do you mean by giving the opinions justice? They are yours...as long as they make sense for you, it's all that matters. I don't care if the whole world tells me Man of Steel is a bad film because I love it.
That was bad English from my part. What I meant is that I've realised that when I rate films, the ratings don't truly reflect my thoughts and opinions. That problem surfaces especially when it comes to comparing films. For example, when I rate I often have only CBM's in mind that I compare with. But if I'd compare them with every other film as well, I think most of my ratings would go down a few steps but that would still not reflect how much I enjoyed the film as a CBM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
I agree with everything you said there. To my surprise, Anne Hathaway (who I wasn't a fan of before) blew me away with her performance and is definitely the best thing about TDKR if you ask me.

My main problems with TDKR (still a great movie though) are the pacing, the lack of a "Batman feel", the unnatural exaggerating "reading from a script" feel which is a little bit of a problem to me when it comes to all of Nolan's films but more evident in TDKR, some editing problems such as "Make it a bomb" -> *cut* -> "Now it is a nuclear bomb!", some script problems such as the often mentioned "How did Bruce return to Gotham??" etc.

It's still a great movie, but I never feel the urge to watch it again even though I have it on blu-ray, compared to TDK which I can watch over and over again and still feel the thrill.

"it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."
-Levitikuz' friend, as told to Levitikuz' friend's date, about TASM.
Oscorp is offline   Reply With Quote