The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Old 06-24-2013, 09:34 AM   #101
ParkerPeters
Mighty Amazing

Default Re: Predicting Critic Response To TASM2

I am guessing ASM2 will have an audience approval of about 80% and a critics approval of around 65-75%

Thats just my guess, from looking at the previous Spider-Mans and the current super hero films.

ParkerPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:51 AM   #102
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE View Post
I'm glad the MOS craze is diluting. There were some Hypsters that saw it before anyone else and they were calling it the greatest CBM of all time.
Posters in the MOS forums were predicting 98% RT

Spiderdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:33 AM   #103
BatsDC
Cold-Blooded

I reckon it'll be received quite a bit better than the first. Mid-80s RT-wise.

Old 06-24-2013, 01:15 PM   #104
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerPeters View Post
I am guessing ASM2 will have an audience approval of about 80% and a critics approval of around 65-75%

Thats just my guess, from looking at the previous Spider-Mans and the current super hero films.
RT scores are unpredictable. I think the critic score will be around 60-75%, an user score around 75-85%

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #105
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWallCrawler View Post
I do admit, Lizard was poorly done. Webb said that displaying humanity in the design would be the key, which is absolutely backwards. The design, flat face or not, is supposed to be ferocious and reptilian so we can feel sorry for him that he ended up like that. His movement should also be more reptile creature like and only for subtle moments we should see a glimpse of that Connors is still in there somewhere.

Also comicbook Lizard absolutely dispises humans, and while Connors did say how pathetic humans are, it's also contridicted by the fact that he wants to help people. He should see humans as merely resource for the continuation of his kind

and for last, I don't care how unlikely it'd be that the doctor's coat would stay on him the whole time, it's a key part of design that not only makes the design more vibrant, but compliments the depth of his character

Agree with everything you say, and while I don't care much about the lab coat being on Lizard the entire time, it would be nice to have some consistency with it. Connors has it on three times before he takes the serum, but Lizard only has it on twice. I know, I'm pretty OCD when it comes to consistency with CBMs, lol. Plus, with how Hulk always has pants still on, it wouldn't hurt Lizard either to have a lab coat on him always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLPAtitoyUPI View Post
I think TDK and TDKR are tied... into second place. I prefer Batman Begins more than those two. It feels more "Batman" to me.
See, I've definitely heard this before as well with BB being the favorite. I have no complaints with that either. Nowadays I just look at the trilogy as a whole and how it tells the fist great story of the main character cinematically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE View Post
I'm glad the MOS craze is diluting. There were some Hypsters that saw it before anyone else and they were calling it the greatest CBM of all time.
Yah, it definitely wasn't the greatest CBM of all time, but imo, it was hella good, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
That was bad English from my part. What I meant is that I've realised that when I rate films, the ratings don't truly reflect my thoughts and opinions. That problem surfaces especially when it comes to comparing films. For example, when I rate I often have only CBM's in mind that I compare with. But if I'd compare them with every other film as well, I think most of my ratings would go down a few steps but that would still not reflect how much I enjoyed the film as a CBM.
Ahh, okay. Now that makes sense and I agree with you. My mind always changes when it comes to CBMs besides a few mainstay. My sig could probably even change this time next month.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #106
ParkerPeters
Mighty Amazing

I know. Man of Steel and ASM threw me for a loop. I am just guessing what OTHERS will think of Spidey, whereas I am sure I will love it. ASM is one of my favorite cbms of all time, only second to Spider-Man 2

ParkerPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:41 PM   #107
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post

Agree with everything you say, and while I don't care much about the lab coat being on Lizard the entire time, it would be nice to have some consistency with it. Connors has it on three times before he takes the serum, but Lizard only has it on twice. I know, I'm pretty OCD when it comes to consistency with CBMs, lol. Plus, with how Hulk always has pants still on, it wouldn't hurt Lizard either to have a lab coat on him always.
Oh yeah, didn't notice that before

anyway, I still enjoyed the Lizard in the movie. My disappointment comes mostly from what could've been, not from what is left in the movie. And anything's better than Lizard in the Ultimate Spider-man show... you should watch it, it totally numbs the pain of TASM

TheWallCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:03 PM   #108
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Batfans on here would beg to differ when TDK has only like 8,9 extra votes than TDKR on which film is the strongest of the trilogy as well as numerous reviews of the trilogy as a whole exclaiming people will always argue over which of the two films is better. Hell, I've even read one that said TDK was the WORST of the trilogy(I obviously don't believe that claim, lol).
Seeing as how half the fans are not fond of TDKR which is why it is such a controversial film among the fanbase to begin with, I find that a bit hard to believe. I have also seen polls in which TDKR was beat by almost double.

And of course that not everyone thinks TDK is the best of the three. Are there people who like TDKR more than TDK? Yes. Are there people who think TDK is the weakest of the 3? Yes. Are their opinions wrong? No. However, you made the statement that TDKR is generally considered to be on par with TDK - meaning that the majority of people considers it to be on par with TDK - and that is false.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:19 PM   #109
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

TDKR didn't feel much like a batman film to me, its not a bad film but i do think Batman begins and the dark knight felt the most like batman

Old 06-24-2013, 07:21 PM   #110
Sym
Side-Kick

[...]'The Amazing Spider Man 2' tries it's best to stay out of the same formula by bringing new elements, but fails to execute some of them[...]

I bet they are going to say something like that

Sym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:32 PM   #111
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Seeing as how half the fans are not fond of TDKR which is why it is such a controversial film among the fanbase to begin with, I find that a bit hard to believe. I have also seen polls in which TDKR was beat by almost double.

And of course that not everyone thinks TDK is the best of the three. Are there people who like TDKR more than TDK? Yes. Are there people who think TDK is the weakest of the 3? Yes. Are their opinions wrong? No. However, you made the statement that TDKR is generally considered to be on par with TDK - meaning that the majority of people considers it to be on par with TDK - and that is false.
You find it hard to believe when the poll I am referring to backs my claim up, eh? Lol.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:35 PM   #112
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
You find it hard to believe when the poll I am referring to backs my claim up, eh? Lol.
I would like to see this poll, assuming that it does not suffer from a household bias.

If you want, I can show you polls suffering from household bias in which Batman Begins and the Burton films outscore TDK.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:14 AM   #113
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
I would like to see this poll, assuming that it does not suffer from a household bias.

If you want, I can show you polls suffering from household bias in which Batman Begins and the Burton films outscore TDK.
Have you been on the TDKR boards lately or no?

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=452879

It's definitely not "household bias". As you said, the TDKR part of the forum still covers a lot of the hate that the film does receive.

Last edited by Anno_Domini; 06-25-2013 at 04:20 AM.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:44 AM   #114
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawlessVictory View Post
Meh, MOS is at 8.1 on IMDB, 8.3 user score on Metacritic and 82% audience approval on RT, obviously there is a big disconnect between critics and the audience on this one.

I expect reviews to be better for ASM 2 than ASM, exactly for the reasons pr0xyt0xin listed above.
TASM's fan RT score is 81% that's the same as SM2...

Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:39 AM   #115
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

It's all opinion anyway, so why does it matter what other people voted anyway? It's not solid proof that one film is indeed better than the other. Majority opinion is not always the right one.

I watched TDKR again the other night, and I dislike it even more. My rating went down to 7.5/10.

Batman begins gets a 8.5/10 while TDK is 9/10

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:15 AM   #116
JOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post
Posters in the MOS forums were predicting 98% RT
Lmao, it gets nuts in there. They see an epic trailer and they're immediately predicting perfection. I remember saying in there that if it landed in the 70's it would still be a good thing, they didn't like that... Not... One... Bit...

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat

MCU CBM Ratings:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Iron-Man: 7.5
The Incredible Hulk: 5.5
Iron-Man 2: 4
Thor: 5
Captain America: 6.5
The Avengers: 8
Iron-Man 3: 6
Thor 2: 5
Captain America 2: 7
Guardians of the Galaxy: 7.5

DCU CBM Ratings:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Man of Steel: 5

JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:08 AM   #117
PeterBenParker
Side-Kick

I honestly love Batman Begins and dislike The Dark Knight (I still think it's incredibly overrated, but that's just me), while I find The Dark Knight Rises is in a grey area.

PeterBenParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:30 AM   #118
FN Spider-man
move it Spidey move it!!

Guys seriously the lounge

FN Spider-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:24 PM   #119
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Discussing why we agree or disagree with various RT ratings is still on topic.

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:31 PM   #120
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
It's all opinion anyway, so why does it matter what other people voted anyway? It's not solid proof that one film is indeed better than the other. Majority opinion is not always the right one.
Agree. Why I will always say TDKR is the best of the trilogy

Last edited by Anno_Domini; 06-25-2013 at 02:35 PM.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #121
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Agree. Why I will always say TDKR is the best of the trilogy
Strongly disagree, The Dark Knight is a masterpiece followed closely by Iron Man and BB.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:49 PM   #122
TheLastBlade
Side-Kick

On the subject of the dark knight rises...I actually hated that film xD Espcially with the whole bad guy twist.

On the subject of critics for the amazing spiderman 2... I never really trust sites like ign. Espcially when they give 9/10 cores to ironman 3 and dark knight rises..... Also, their game reviews sucks.... And everything they do too.

TheLastBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:06 PM   #123
Leenie
Make Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastBlade View Post
On the subject of critics for the amazing spiderman 2... I never really trust sites like ign. Espcially when they give 9/10 cores to ironman 3 and dark knight rises..... Also, their game reviews sucks.... And everything they do too.
Well, looks like I agree with IGN a lot of the time, because I think Iron Man 3 and The Dark Knight Rises are MUCH better movies than The Amazing Spider-Man. IGN hit the nail on the head with their ASM review, in my opinion.

As for critics and "The Tomatometer," I'm predicting it's going to be a mixed reaction, leaning more on the "fresh" side. I'm thinking in the 65% range from critics? Only reason why I'm saying this is because the movie looks like it's pulling a Spider-Man 3 with all of these characters and villains. Plus, dropping MJ and adding someone else to the cast isn't necessarily a good sign for me. Looks like they're having to rework/revise a lot of things in the script on the spot.

As for the fans, I can't predict what they're going to think at all. Fans tend to cherry pick what they classify as a good comic book movie (myself included). TDKR got overall glowing reviews, with a mixed reaction from fans. Iron Man 3 got good reviews, with a mixed reaction from fans. Batman Begins (back in '05) got a mixed response from critics, but fans to this day consider it to be one of the best in the genre. Watchmen got a mixed response from critics, but an overall positive response from fans.

So. Yeah. Hell if I know.

(6) Captain America: The Winter Soldier, (7) Guardians Of The Galaxy, (8) Kick-Ass,
(9) Batman (89)
(10) Captain America: The First Avenger
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:08 PM   #124
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
Strongly disagree, The Dark Knight is a masterpiece followed closely by Iron Man and BB.
Can't say BB was a masterpiece on its own, so I'll leave it at that...lol.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:14 PM   #125
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenie View Post
Well, looks like I agree with IGN a lot of the time, because I think Iron Man 3 and The Dark Knight Rises are MUCH better movies than The Amazing Spider-Man. IGN hit the nail on the head with their ASM review, in my opinion.

As for critics and "The Tomatometer," I'm predicting it's going to be a mixed reaction, leaning more on the "fresh" side. I'm thinking in the 65% range from critics? Only reason why I'm saying this is because the movie looks like it's pulling a Spider-Man 3 with all of these characters and villains. Plus, dropping MJ and adding someone else to the cast isn't necessarily a good sign for me. Looks like they're having to rework/revise a lot of things in the script on the spot.

As for the fans, I can't predict what they're going to think at all. Fans tend to cherry pick what they classify as a good comic book movie (myself included). TDKR got overall glowing reviews, with a mixed reaction from fans. Iron Man 3 got good reviews, with a mixed reaction from fans. Batman Begins (back in '05) got a mixed response from critics, but fans to this day consider it to be one of the best in the genre. Watchmen got a mixed response from critics, but an overall positive response from fans.

So. Yeah. Hell if I know.
IGN's review of TASM was the most biased piece of crap I've seen. So glad the response was negative. It was a complaint about the reboot which he knew it was anyway. Robert Ebert's review nailed TASM, not biased at all. The IGN review should be subject to watching SM3 untill he likes it.