The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2013, 01:39 PM   #51
ParkerPeters
Mighty Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Utah, USA
Posts: 265
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I thought that was a given.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
He turned into this character of "Clark Kent" when he was a very different Clark before he even went into exile and travelled over the world. He became Superman and he also became Clark Kent, reporter of the Daily Planet, in this film.

I get guys like Pete and Lana having always been aware since they were kids and I doubt they would ever tell a soul, but I'm still confused with guys like Perry and Lombard because they just seemed clueless when I thought those two SAW Lois and Superman kiss each other(maybe Jenny saw too, I'm not sure). I mean, I'm fine with the idea that glasses makes you look different, because it's partly true with a lot of people, but Perry and Lombard WORK at the DP and see this before this Clark Kent guy shows up, haha. Maybe it'll be like a Lucius Fox thing where they know but they just won't say, who knows.

I'm also concerned about people knowing about Martha Kent and how she housed an alien for all those years, unless we're to believe the only people that did help out with Kal-El's spaceship died during that final battle when they crashed the plane into the Black Zero(Hardy and Hamilton).
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I took it that they were harboring him at the DP. Perry and Lois know most definitely, and they are hiding him there.

ParkerPeters is offline  
Old 06-25-2013, 04:11 AM   #52
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging - Part 2

So watched TDKR tonight...still love that film and it's still amazing to watch it in theatres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerPeters View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I took it that they were harboring him at the DP. Perry and Lois know most definitely, and they are hiding him there.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
You know, I could see that working for the sequel. Perry might know that Clark and Superman are one in the same and just gives Clark the job once he applies so it can be a place just to feel like he's welcome and such. Never thought of it like that, but it definitely makes sense

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 06-25-2013, 05:16 AM   #53
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future
 
Green Goblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,041
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
So watched TDKR tonight...still love that film and it's still amazing to watch it in theatres.



Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
You know, I could see that working for the sequel. Perry might know that Clark and Superman are one in the same and just gives Clark the job once he applies so it can be a place just to feel like he's welcome and such. Never thought of it like that, but it definitely makes sense
A 3hour Batman movie where Batman only shows up for around 30 minutes lol

Green Goblin is offline  
Old 06-25-2013, 05:37 AM   #54
Neno_Kos
Side-Kick
 
Neno_Kos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 452
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
A 3hour Batman movie where Batman only shows up for around 30 minutes lol
worst batman movie ever. that movie was everything but not batman releated.
it's sucked big time. i just dont know how fans supported that and said it was the best

Neno_Kos is offline  
Old 06-25-2013, 05:52 AM   #55
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future
 
Green Goblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,041
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neno_Kos View Post
worst batman movie ever. that movie was everything but not batman releated.
it's sucked big time. i just dont know how fans supported that and said it was the best
Worse than BM Forever? Worse than BM &R? I think your being too harsh. I still liked it despite little batman or him using little gadgets

Green Goblin is offline  
Old 06-25-2013, 06:09 AM   #56
Neno_Kos
Side-Kick
 
Neno_Kos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 452
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
Worse than BM Forever? Worse than BM &R? I think your being too harsh. I still liked it despite little batman or him using little gadgets
at least BM Forever had Batman in movie, instead 80% of movie you have Bruce Wayne... BM Forever or BM&R maybe lacked executing good story and some characters, but it was Batman movie. It was completly different universe so some characters and whole movie looked a bit corny. I just dont love when someone plays with my money, name movie a Batman, then in same movie i can see only in 20% scenes a Batman! No matter what story movie has or what universe is movie put, that was no Batman movie. It was Bruce Wayne. Well i understand that first nolan Batman needed to have that much of Bruce Wayne 'cause it was origin, but in other two's? Yes it was worst Batman movie EVER!

Neno_Kos is offline  
Old 06-25-2013, 06:18 AM   #57
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future
 
Green Goblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,041
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neno_Kos View Post
at least BM Forever had Batman in movie, instead 80% of movie you have Bruce Wayne... BM Forever or BM&R maybe lacked executing good story and some characters, but it was Batman movie. It was completly different universe so some characters and whole movie looked a bit corny. I just dont love when someone plays with my money, name movie a Batman, then in same movie i can see only in 20% scenes a Batman! No matter what story movie has or what universe is movie put, that was no Batman movie. It was Bruce Wayne. Well i understand that first nolan Batman needed to have that much of Bruce Wayne 'cause it was origin, but in other two's? Yes it was worst Batman movie EVER!
91% user RT score so your in the minority but oh well lol

Green Goblin is offline  
Old 06-25-2013, 06:49 AM   #58
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick
 
Spiderdevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,351
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
It's all subjective, sure, but I'm only being honest when I say I'd rather take two good movies taking out another than one bad, which was the case with TAS-M.

Hope this avid hater taught you a thing or two.
You are contradicting yourself

Good and bad are just subjective and relative things.
People(especially kids) can easily say Ice Age 4 is a better movie than Monsters University and Vice versa but that not the point

Point is,you claimed being beated by an animated movie was a 'shame' for TASM but you are not twisting the argument when the same happened with MoS

Spiderdevil is offline  
Old 06-25-2013, 07:00 AM   #59
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick
 
Spiderdevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,351
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging - Part 2

So I watched MoS yesterday,I wasnt as disappointed as I thought I would be but the movie did have a ton of flaws

I am actually surprised so many people are blaming Goyer since I though the script wasnt that bad,the material was actually good.A little more brushing by the Nolan brothers,better dialogue and a better director and it could have been a great movie.

The pacing is really faulty,also the whole repeative flashback thingy is irritating.They tried to ape Batman Begins at that and failed.

Henry Cavill was a terrible Clark Kent.Not because he didnt do well,on the contrary he did really well in the few scenes which needed emotion.But he wasnt written well.He almost doesnt have a single dialogue in the first 45 minutes or so.

Lois Lane started out well but it got really bad later on.She had no chemistry with the hero and how she pops up everywhere was very irritating.They also overdid the Damsel-in-distress thingy

They didnt utilize Michael Shannon well either.The script didnt do him justice and he turned out to be terrible villain.The Faora chick was more intimidating than him

The CGI was top notch,though it was too fantastical and Video gamish at times.The whole last 30-45 minutes was action but the 'wow' factor was missing(Except that in the air fight scene betwen Zod and Supes,that was great)

Also the destruction was too much,even for Superman.It was hilarious how they tried to make a big deal of him saving a falling Lois or the 6-7 people in the building in the end when Million are probably dying

Also Both the Dads were great

5.5/10

Spiderdevil is offline  
Old 06-25-2013, 07:09 AM   #60
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender
 
Gianakin_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 19,287
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neno_Kos View Post
at least BM Forever had Batman in movie, instead 80% of movie you have Bruce Wayne... BM Forever or BM&R maybe lacked executing good story and some characters, but it was Batman movie. It was completly different universe so some characters and whole movie looked a bit corny. I just dont love when someone plays with my money, name movie a Batman, then in same movie i can see only in 20% scenes a Batman! No matter what story movie has or what universe is movie put, that was no Batman movie. It was Bruce Wayne. Well i understand that first nolan Batman needed to have that much of Bruce Wayne 'cause it was origin, but in other two's? Yes it was worst Batman movie EVER!
Sure, enjoy your Batman porn parodies. At least there's more Batman in there than in TDKR.


Last edited by Gianakin_; 06-25-2013 at 07:27 AM.
Gianakin_ is offline  
Old 06-25-2013, 07:13 AM   #61
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man
 
GENERAL RAAM582's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 10,618
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging - Part 2

I don't think a Batman movie should necessarily be measured by the amount of Batman on screen.

GENERAL RAAM582 is offline  
Old 06-25-2013, 07:22 AM   #62
JOE
_________________________
 
JOE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,821
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging - Part 2

Hannibal, how long was he on the screen for? Boom, Anthony Hopkins just shot logic in the forehead. You all live in a world of lies!

__________________
"You see... Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All you need is a little push!"

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat

MCU CBM Ratings:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Iron-Man: 7.5
The Incredible Hulk: 5.5
Iron-Man 2: 4
Thor: 5
Captain America: 6.5
The Avengers: 8
Iron-Man 3: 6
Thor 2: 5
Captain America 2: 7
Guardians of the Galaxy: 7.5

DCU CBM Ratings:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Man of Steel: 5

JOE is online now  
Old 06-25-2013, 07:28 AM   #63
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man
 
GENERAL RAAM582's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 10,618
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging - Part 2

So now that WB has left Legendary, Justice League is now impossible.

GENERAL RAAM582 is offline  
Old 06-25-2013, 07:29 AM   #64
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender
 
Gianakin_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 19,287
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENERAL RAAM582 View Post
I don't think a Batman movie should necessarily be measured by the amount of Batman on screen.
I think the automatic response to this message should be "duh", but looks like people need to be reminded. So, you get a instead.

Gianakin_ is offline  
Old 06-25-2013, 07:29 AM   #65
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender
 
Gianakin_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 19,287
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENERAL RAAM582 View Post
So now that WB has left Legendary, Justice League is now impossible.
Fingers crossed.

Gianakin_ is offline  
Old 06-25-2013, 07:31 AM   #66
Neno_Kos
Side-Kick
 
Neno_Kos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 452
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENERAL RAAM582 View Post
I don't think a Batman movie should necessarily be measured by the amount of Batman on screen.
just like spiderman and supermen would be. you people complained how smallville sucked because 10 years didnt wear suit, and now you defend batman for not wearing his costume. you are cracking me up

Neno_Kos is offline  
Old 06-25-2013, 07:34 AM   #67
JOE
_________________________
 
JOE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,821
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging - Part 2

Smallville was called Smallville for a reason. It wasn't called Superman for a reason. The sooner people quit bashing the show for something it's not, the sooner they can appreciate what it did.

__________________
"You see... Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All you need is a little push!"

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat

MCU CBM Ratings:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Iron-Man: 7.5
The Incredible Hulk: 5.5
Iron-Man 2: 4
Thor: 5
Captain America: 6.5
The Avengers: 8
Iron-Man 3: 6
Thor 2: 5
Captain America 2: 7
Guardians of the Galaxy: 7.5

DCU CBM Ratings:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Man of Steel: 5

JOE is online now  
Old 06-25-2013, 07:37 AM   #68
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender
 
Gianakin_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 19,287
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging - Part 2

The show deserved bashing for its melodrama and soap opera elements, not for not showing us Superman. What kind of argument is that anyway?

Gianakin_ is offline  
Old 06-25-2013, 07:39 AM   #69
Neno_Kos
Side-Kick
 
Neno_Kos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 452
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE View Post
Smallville was called Smallville for a reason. It wasn't called Superman for a reason. The sooner people quit bashing the show for something it's not, the sooner they can appreciate what it did.
For same reason Batman is called The Dark Knight, Caped Crusader, because in movie called Batman you have Batman. Batman is not called Bruce Wayne, well he is Bruce, but movie is not called Bruce Wayne. The sooner you see what i did now, the better.

Neno_Kos is offline  
Old 06-25-2013, 07:42 AM   #70
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender
 
Gianakin_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 19,287
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging - Part 2

This is really entertaining.

Gianakin_ is offline  
Old 06-25-2013, 07:45 AM   #71
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man
 
GENERAL RAAM582's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 10,618
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neno_Kos View Post
just like spiderman and supermen would be. you people complained how smallville sucked because 10 years didnt wear suit, and now you defend batman for not wearing his costume. you are cracking me up
Alright, 10 seasons of a show that probably got 12+ episodes each season. There were 217 episodes, thus 217 hours of this show. For anyone complaining about the lack of the suit has a valid complaint seeing that they only saw the suit for maybe 10 minutes out of this 217 hours. The Dark Knight Trilogy is around 7-8 hours? We got Bruce in the suit for all three movies. So complaining about the fact that he had a small amount of time in the suit in TDKR when he had arguably plenty of time in the suit in BB and TDK is kinda dumb.

I never saw Smallville, but I'm the last one who would complain about the lack of the suit since I'm pretty sure it's about Clark's teenage years then he becomes Superman.

GENERAL RAAM582 is offline  
Old 06-25-2013, 07:55 AM   #72
Neno_Kos
Side-Kick
 
Neno_Kos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 452
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging - Part 2

Your argument is invalid, you counting television series hours and movie hours.
In trilogy named Batman i want fricking Batman with most screentime not Wayne, in Spiderman trilogy i want fricking Spiderman not Parker with most screen time, in Supermen trilogy i want Superman with most screen time not Clark.

I dont want to see trilogy of Wayne, Parker or Clark. I didnt say Nolan movies were bad movies (they were actually good), i said Nolan movies are bad Batman movies. They sucked big time as Batman movies. Go watch Batman: The Animated Series and see how much Wayne have his screentime, or Superman: TAS or The Spectacular Spider-Man.

Neno_Kos is offline  
Old 06-25-2013, 08:00 AM   #73
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man
 
GENERAL RAAM582's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 10,618
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging - Part 2


GENERAL RAAM582 is offline  
Old 06-25-2013, 08:48 AM   #74
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers
 
Repulsor Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 3,304
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging - Part 2

just saw man of steel. went in with low expectations, but even then, it was very dull. extremely heavy handed too. i couldn't get emotionally invested in anything. the non-linear structure didn't help that. we barely got a character arc for clark, and all the supporting cast had even less.

over the top, and general well executed, action does not a good movie make. action is pointless if you don't care about the plot and characters. the closest i came to caring were in the scenes with young clark, but they were so fleeting. i liked the cinematography and felt that cavill had a strong presence despite having little to do.

were a bunch of scenes cut? it's almost as if they had a 3 hour film and instead of cutting the action they cut the scenes setting up said action, which i can only assume also involved developing characters. the beginning of the film felt really rushed, how it would jump from one thing to the other. maybe snyder wanted to get to the action asap? i dunno...

just a bleak, brooding, (overly) serious, heavy handed and hollow film imo. i felt zero sense of hope, which is ironic seeing as that was the theme they were going for most. here's to the sequel, i guess. i hope it's more fun to watch.

although i did crack up laughing when superman flew off and the wide shot revealed a massive sears store/logo.

also, ihop.

__________________
Looks like you're a born loooooooooooooooserrrrrrrr

www.redlettermedia.com
Repulsor Blast is offline  
Old 06-25-2013, 08:51 AM   #75
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future
 
Green Goblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,041
Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging - Part 2

Talking about Batman and Superman on a Spider-Man thread...
Anyhow what role will Ravencroft play in the film?
Is Feore playing Toomes?
Hell is Toomes the Warden of Ravencroft in this universe?

Green Goblin is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.