The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

View Poll Results: The next DC movie after Man of Steel
Batman reboot 12 10.43%
Justice League 16 13.91%
Man of Steel sequel 43 37.39%
Other 44 38.26%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2013, 04:33 AM   #1
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,508
SHH! The next DC movie after Man of Steel?

Its still up in the air, there's still no release date for the Justice League movie and there's no official team yet for the Batman reboot. I think if Man of Steel succeeds at the box-office, a sequel for it will be the next one, then after that the Batman reboot. But I think both of them won't be released until 2016. About the Justice League movie, I really don't think we will see one until the next decade.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | WOLVERINE | PORTRAYED BY HUGH JACKMAN
"You called that a landing?" - X1
"I thought I was just an animal, with claws" - X2
"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:57 AM   #2
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg
 
ЯɘvlveR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,504
Default Re: The next DC movie after Man of Steel?

i won't pretend to know in what direction they're going.


personally I don't believe they need to do all these cartwheels in order to get to jl. it's not the avengers they don't need to go the way of marvel. so long as the big three have some sort of rapport (perhaps starting with MOS) they can go from there.

__________________
All your data are belong to Braniac.
ЯɘvlveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:51 AM   #3
Hamill-Joker
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 704
Default Re: The next DC movie after Man of Steel?

I'd like to see them do a Wonder Woman movie prior to working on a Justice League movie.

Hamill-Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:44 AM   #4
Blitzkrieg Bop
Boy named Sue
 
Blitzkrieg Bop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Under there
Posts: 7,055
Default Re: The next DC movie after Man of Steel?

I want to see Aquaman, but I know that's not gonna happen.

__________________
Apes--together--strong
Blitzkrieg Bop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:11 AM   #5
Lazarus87
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 10
Default Re: The next DC movie after Man of Steel?

I definitely want to see Aquaman

Lazarus87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:13 AM   #6
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic
 
BlackMagicWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,611
Default Re: The next DC movie after Man of Steel?

I don't think they should do Justice League until they build upon the idea of a shared DCU. Next should be World's Finest featuring Batman and Superman, then the sequel to that would be Trinity where Wonder Woman would be brought into the mix. I wrote a blog about this, check it out:

http://www.ign.com/blogs/guardianike...worlds-finest/

BlackMagicWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:07 PM   #7
Dk1201
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 735
Default Re: The next DC movie after Man of Steel?

I put Batman Reboot as it's what I hope for even though I know Justice league is ossibly gonna happen first personally I ould preffer WB have Batman Superman both being sucesfull with easter eggs and perhaps a cameo in Batman 2 or Man of Steel 2 from the Flash or Wonder Woman then build those characters up for a film or 2 then JUstice league

Dk1201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:32 PM   #8
DrCosmic
Professor of Power
 
DrCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: In the Moment
Posts: 5,862
Default Re: The next DC movie after Man of Steel?

Another Batman then Justice league is what they will do

Wonder Woman then "Caped Crusader" then GL2 then MOS2 then Flash is what they should do.

__________________
WW TV Show Ideas - X-Men TV Show Ideas -
With a Ph.D in Metascience
"Sufficiently understood magic is indistinguishable from science."
DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:00 PM   #9
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,838
Default Re: The next DC movie after Man of Steel?

Summer or Christmas 2015 Man of Steel 2
Summer 2016 Batman Reboot
April/May 2017 The Flash
July 2017 Worlds Finest

I'd actually want it different to this but this is what I see happening

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #10
DChero
Out of Work Superhero
 
DChero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA U.S.A.
Posts: 1,747
Default Re: The next DC movie after Man of Steel?

I'm also digging the Wonder Woman idea. It'd be great to introduce her in 2015 in the same year as a MoS sequel, which could setup for a Justice League in 2017. We've seen a lot of Batman the last few years, I'd prefer something fresh. If Batman gets rebooted for Justice League or World's Finest then just roll that solo series after.

DChero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:14 PM   #11
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,838
Default Re: The next DC movie after Man of Steel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChero View Post
I'm also digging the Wonder Woman idea. It'd be great to introduce her in 2015 in the same year as a MoS sequel, which could setup for a Justice League in 2017. We've seen a lot of Batman the last few years, I'd prefer something fresh. If Batman gets rebooted for Justice League or World's Finest then just roll that solo series after.
Yeah I think WW same year as MOS 2 would be great.

I still want a solo Bat film though, it'd be great to get a film based on Court if Owls

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:43 PM   #12
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 10,251
Default Re: The next DC movie after Man of Steel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Yeah I think WW same year as MOS 2 would be great.

I still want a solo Bat film though, it'd be great to get a film based on Court if Owls


Im thinking Wonder Woman is next along with MOS 2. Or just WW. Then Justice League. They'll launch the new Batman (if Bale isn't back) right after, along with a new Green Lantern (new Hal or John Stewart) and Flash.

Batman rebooted shouldn't be like the Arkham games all the way. Maybe just a bit but not too much. No need for Killer Croc, Man-Bat, etc. A Scott Snyder/Zack Snyder mix would be great.

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:47 PM   #13
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference
 
FeedOnATreeFrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,030
Default Re: The next DC movie after Man of Steel?

is the poll asking what we want, or what we think will happen?

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:06 PM   #14
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference
 
FeedOnATreeFrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,030
Default Re: The next DC movie after Man of Steel?

I think they're going to try for 2015 JL, with or without TDKTverse, but this is what I want:

In the case of TDKT continuing:

2015 Man of Tomorrow (aka WF. It would be a shame to miss this opportunity)
2016 Wonder Woman, The Flash
2017 Justice League

In the case that Nolan/Bale aren't interested and Bats reboots:

2015 Man of Tomorrow (not WF), Wonder Woman,
2016 The Flash, Batman Reborn
2017 Justice League


Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 04-29-2013 at 03:29 PM.
FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:06 PM   #15
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 10,251
Default Re: The next DC movie after Man of Steel?

Wonder Woman next is both what I want and what I think will happen.

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:08 PM   #16
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 18,608
Default Re: The next DC movie after Man of Steel?

Here's how I think it will go on their way to a Justice League movie:

2013: Man of Steel
2014: Man of Steel 2
2015: Caped Crusader (Batman Reboot )
2017: Man of Steel 3
2016: Caped Crusader 2
2017: Green Lantern Reboot
2018: Caped Crusader 3
2019: Last Son of Krypton (Superman Reboot)
2022: Last Son of Krypton 2
2024: Last Son of Krypton 3
2025: The Batman (Batman reboot again because it will be about time for a new one)
2027: The Batman 2
2029: Green Lantern 2nd Reboot (because the last one failed as well)
2030: The Batman 3

Now you might notice there's no actual Justice League movie in this schedule, but that's just a matter of actually co-ordinating it so that you don't get a Superman or Batman on their way out while a new Superman or Batman is coming in. If they can manage those characters on film at both the same time, then they might be able to put together a World's Finest movie.

Also, you'll notice there are barely any other DC heroes, but that's just because WB will be trying to concentrate their efforts on their two biggest heroes.

It's a tough job this movie business at WB.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:36 PM   #17
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 10,251
Default Re: The next DC movie after Man of Steel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Here's how I think it will go on their way to a Justice League movie:

2013: Man of Steel
2014: Man of Steel 2
2015: Caped Crusader (Batman Reboot )
2017: Man of Steel 3
2016: Caped Crusader 2
2017: Green Lantern Reboot
2018: Caped Crusader 3
2019: Last Son of Krypton (Superman Reboot)
2022: Last Son of Krypton 2
2024: Last Son of Krypton 3
2025: The Batman (Batman reboot again because it will be about time for a new one)
2027: The Batman 2
2029: Green Lantern 2nd Reboot (because the last one failed as well)
2030: The Batman 3

Now you might notice there's no actual Justice League movie in this schedule, but that's just a matter of actually co-ordinating it so that you don't get a Superman or Batman on their way out while a new Superman or Batman is coming in. If they can manage those characters on film at both the same time, then they might be able to put together a World's Finest movie.

Also, you'll notice there are barely any other DC heroes, but that's just because WB will be trying to concentrate their efforts on their two biggest heroes.

It's a tough job this movie business at WB.
MOS 2 in 2014 is 100 % impossible.

The second film will be out 2015 to 2016 if it's being launched before JL.

You cant have a Batman movie in 2015 then 2016 for the sequel lol. That's not how it works man. It takes time.

Superman wont be rebooted this decade. It will be a LONG while after 2019 before Cavill/Snyders Supes gets rebooted on the big screen. 2018/19 is likely when we'll see a third MOS.

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:50 PM   #18
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference
 
FeedOnATreeFrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,030
Default Re: The next DC movie after Man of Steel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
MOS 2 in 2014 is 100 % impossible.

The second film will be out 2015 to 2016 if it's being launched before JL.

You cant have a Batman movie in 2015 then 2016 for the sequel lol. That's not how it works man. It takes time.

Superman wont be rebooted this decade. It will be a LONG while after 2019 before Cavill/Snyders Supes gets rebooted on the big screen. 2018/19 is likely when we'll see a third MOS.
I think he's kidding.

I think.

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:52 PM   #19
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 10,251
Default Re: The next DC movie after Man of Steel?

I hope so

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:58 PM   #20
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!
 
aNarcHy2day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: India
Posts: 1,146
Default Re: The next DC movie after Man of Steel?

MOS can't be rebooted so soon yet we want a Batman reboot mere couple of years after the most succesful CBM franchise in history! I smell hypocrisy.

__________________
THE JUSTICE LEAGUE

Batman- Ben Affleck, 41
Superman- Henry Cavill, 29
Wonder Woman- Gal Gadot, 28
The Flash- Jake Gyllenhaal, 31
Green Lantern- Ryan Reynolds, 36; Idris Elba, 40
and
Vandal Savage- Javier Bardem, 43
aNarcHy2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:02 PM   #21
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference
 
FeedOnATreeFrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,030
Default Re: The next DC movie after Man of Steel?

I guess it depends if Snyder wants to give his Supes an ending or not, and if WB let him.

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:04 PM   #22
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 18,608
Default Re: The next DC movie after Man of Steel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
I think he's kidding.

I think.
Of course I'm kidding. I wasn't really paying attention to the dates. I was just mocking the fact that we'll probably get a Batman reboot and trilogy, then a Superman reboot and trilogy, followed by another Batman reboot, and then another Superman reboot etc. That's all WB seem to be able to manage.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:09 PM   #23
DrCosmic
Professor of Power
 
DrCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: In the Moment
Posts: 5,862
Default Re: The next DC movie after Man of Steel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
2029: Green Lantern 2nd Reboot (because the last one failed as well)

...

It's a tough job this movie business at WB.
Brilliant.

__________________
WW TV Show Ideas - X-Men TV Show Ideas -
With a Ph.D in Metascience
"Sufficiently understood magic is indistinguishable from science."
DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:36 PM   #24
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 10,251
Default Re: The next DC movie after Man of Steel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Of course I'm kidding. I wasn't really paying attention to the dates. I was just mocking the fact that we'll probably get a Batman reboot and trilogy, then a Superman reboot and trilogy, followed by another Batman reboot, and then another Superman reboot etc. That's all WB seem to be able to manage.
Hahaha thank god. Then I love ur post.

Normally Id say that's true, they have no imagination but I actually think itll be different this time. Especially with the news that a WW movie is in the works soon. Im sure we'll get a WW movie before JL and a Flash movie right after.

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:53 PM   #25
Chris B
Side-Kick
 
Chris B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 3,309
Default Re: The next DC movie after Man of Steel?

Hopefully the Flash.

__________________
"Is it fear or courage that compels you, fleshling?"
Chris B is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.