Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 05:42 PM   #51
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Locke View Post
Cavill and Bale were lesser known. Same with Hemsworth and Garfield.
Hugh Jackman. Christopher Reeve.

Old 06-24-2013, 06:02 PM   #52
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Rachel McAdams when she got cast as Miss Marvel.

Old 06-24-2013, 06:55 PM   #53
Steve Holt
STEVE HOLT!

Antje Traue i think proves that there are many good undiscovered actresses out there

Old 06-24-2013, 07:39 PM   #54
Samuel Jackson
Bad MF

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
You finally made me laugh you old rapscallion you.
Black BOND Crew#
Old 06-24-2013, 11:44 PM   #55
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

I can never quite understand how Bale is categorised as unknown when he got Batman. I was 14 at the time from a country on the other side of the globe and, though it would be wrong to say I did not watch English films at all, my exposure to the medium was fairly limited. But even I knew who Christian Bale was. And so did most of my friends.

I rest my case.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:03 AM   #56
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
I think choices like Gemma and Luke Evans for Batman are solid but only on the surface. I think they would be great picks if every character was exclusive to the JL movies, with the exception of Cavill's Superman.

But the more I think about them, I don't think they have what it takes to be leading men/women for the Batman and Wonder Woman franchises. Gemma is an OK actress at best. Not really that good from what ive seen. Evans is solid but he has problems nailing a believable American accent. And there's better actors out there.

Back to only WW talk...

I guess you could say that im back on the Emily Blunt wagon but im hoping an unknown actress comes out of nowhere who has the exotic look but where the main focus is on acting ability.
imo gemma and luke are'nt any worse than henry i honestly think they have comparable acting talents before superman henry didn't blow anyone away with his performances in stuff like triston and isolde,immortals,cold light of day i dont think you need the greatest actor just need someone who embodies the character for example ryan gosling would act circles around henry yet he would be a terrible superman

Last edited by Project862006; 06-25-2013 at 12:18 AM.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:42 AM   #57
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

you don't need a well-known actress. However, you do need a good/proven one.

Old 06-25-2013, 03:55 PM   #58
DeGenerate10
Br Ba

If Emily Blunt could bulk up a bit I think she'd be an interesting Diana. Never really thought about her till reading this thread.

Old 06-25-2013, 04:24 PM   #59
MCU
Side-Kick

My top 2 choices have always been Emily Blunt and Gina Carano.

I'm now adding to that list Gemma Arterton. After seeing the horrible Witch Hunter movies, which she was great in, I think she would be great. She is also incredibly beatiful. I also firmly believe that Emily Blunt, Gina Carano, or Gemma Arterton will get the part. Reason being there good actresses that are not expensive;yet. Blunt being the most expensive of them all, but not too expensive; because she's not extremly famous but she is known. Gina and Gemma are cheap but they are both gonna blow up eventually. Both might be soon because of Gina in F&F6, and Gemma cause of Runner Runner. So they should pick them up now. Both would be great for the part as well. 1.Arterton 2.Blunt 3.Carano is my order of who I want the most.

Old 06-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #60
shauner111
Side-Kick

Did you just call Gina Carano a good actress?? Then I guess there are no such thing as bad actresses in this lifetime.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:15 PM   #61
mhenshaw
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Did you just call Gina Carano a good actress?? Then I guess there are no such thing as bad actresses in this lifetime.
I watched Carano in Haywire and was actually surprised. She was better than I had expected, but that entire movie was designed around her. It's clear that she can do a reasonable job if she has a particular kind of role in a particular kind of movie with the right director. But I don't think Wonder Woman would be that kind of role or movie.

That said, she's getting better with experience. Depending on how long it takes to get a Wonder Woman movie into production, she might have gained enough acting experience to be up to the challenge when the time comes. Maybe.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:18 PM   #62
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

I'm not sure how I feel about an American "actress" that speaks clear English being overdubbed in post with a different accent.

If I remember correctly, there was a huge backlash when Andie Macdowell was redubbed with Glenn Close's voice in that Tarzan movie.

I wouldn't trust an actress that needs to be redubbed for WW.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:26 PM   #63
ares834
Side-Kick

Or the actress could just do a Mediterranean accent. After all, Cavill managed to have a midwest accent in Man of Steel.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:55 PM   #64
Frodo
Side-Kick

I think it depends on what kind of Diana their going for. I'd still go with Meghan Ory if there going the fish out of water angle. She can be tough but she has a warm and vunerability to her. She's also got personality . She'd need to bulk up , but then again , any actress taking the role proabably would.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:58 PM   #65
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhenshaw View Post
I watched Carano in Haywire and was actually surprised. She was better than I had expected, but that entire movie was designed around her. It's clear that she can do a reasonable job if she has a particular kind of role in a particular kind of movie with the right director. But I don't think Wonder Woman would be that kind of role or movie.

That said, she's getting better with experience. Depending on how long it takes to get a Wonder Woman movie into production, she might have gained enough acting experience to be up to the challenge when the time comes. Maybe.
I didn't think Carano was bad in Haywire either but her performance was so monotone. It suited the character but she needs to prove that she can emote before I'd even think of supporting her for Wondy.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:08 PM   #66
mhenshaw
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
I didn't think Carano was bad in Haywire either but her performance was so monotone. It suited the character but she needs to prove that she can emote before I'd even think of supporting her for Wondy.
Agreed. Maybe Cavill is giving her lessons.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:10 PM   #67
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

^You mean sex, right?

Old 06-26-2013, 12:35 AM   #68
docsmooth73

Gemma Arterton is gaining steam in my book as my choice for WW.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:50 AM   #69
Hamill-Joker
Side-Kick

Was watching The Thin Red Line today and I really liked the opening of that film with Jim Caviezel with the natives.

It gave me an idea for the potential opening of a Wonder Woman film. I like the idea of the film opening with Steve Trevor already being on Themiscyra with there being this sort of calming feeling, him viewing the life of the Amazons in this paradise. And from that flashing back to his plane being attacked and crashing on the island, where Diana would find him. Sort of trying to juxtapose the calm with the hectic.

My idea of the origin film has always taken place during WWII and I like the idea of the Steve on Themiscyra being this time of tranquility and peace, while on the outside the entire world is at war.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:04 AM   #70
BlackFox
Red 5 standing by

Megan Fox anyone..........no ok I'll leave.

(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
Old 06-26-2013, 10:11 AM   #71
Rodrigo90
Hip To Be Square

It's for the best

Old 06-26-2013, 10:24 AM   #72
batboy99
BTVS

Posted this in the JL forums. Guess I can post it here, as well.

DeviantArt Page
"Like" my Facebook page!
Old 06-26-2013, 10:26 AM   #73
Rodrigo90
Hip To Be Square

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamill-Joker View Post
Was watching The Thin Red Line today and I really liked the opening of that film with Jim Caviezel with the natives.

It gave me an idea for the potential opening of a Wonder Woman film. I like the idea of the film opening with Steve Trevor already being on Themiscyra with there being this sort of calming feeling, him viewing the life of the Amazons in this paradise. And from that flashing back to his plane being attacked and crashing on the island, where Diana would find him. Sort of trying to juxtapose the calm with the hectic.

My idea of the origin film has always taken place during WWII and I like the idea of the Steve on Themiscyra being this time of tranquility and peace, while on the outside the entire world is at war.
Won't happen.

Superman is the world's first hero in the DCU, as Goyer said.

I Imagine a solo WW movie to take place after JL, with her origins explored in flashbacks. But she can travel back to Themyscira, so it'll be touched upon there.

And I believe Diana will be a politician or something similar, before she becomes Wonder Woman.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:42 AM   #74
Any Carolina
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeGenerate10 View Post
If Emily Blunt could bulk up a bit I think she'd be an interesting Diana. Never really thought about her till reading this thread.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 06-26-2013, 01:09 PM   #75
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhenshaw View Post

I thought her acting was bad in that movie and it wasn't even her voice that was used, which made it even more awkward.

I don't see why we should settle with a mediocre actress or less than, just because she can fight and looks the part. Gina has the warrior look but that's only part of the character.

They need to get a solid/good actress.

Closed Thread