The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League Parts One & Two

Old 01-16-2015, 09:08 AM   #1
queendarkness12
The Queenmaker

Th Cool Ray Fisher Is Victor Stone/Cyborg

I know he has a thread on his own movie, but Rayborg is deserving of a thread for himself.

Everything you need to know about the half-man and half-machine character.

queendarkness12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 09:08 AM   #2
queendarkness12
The Queenmaker

Default Re: Ray Fisher Is Victor Stone/Cyborg

Rayborg will be a hit with fans and might be more of a fan favourite than Batman in the future.

queendarkness12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:08 PM   #3
Darthkush
Avenger

I'll chime in. I like Cyborg. I really do. He's one of my favorite teen titans and I have no issues with him being in the league...but not this soon. As this is the first bigscreen justice league, I think he's an odd fit for the roster. All of the others are established members who you need for a first film. Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, and Aquaman. Green Lantern is supposedly going to appear too along with Cyborg. But why Cyborg? Why not another female? As is, it's a little sausagefesty. Why not martian manhunter? He's an founding member in nearly every iteration. I get the diversity thing. I'm a black man, myself so representation is always nice to see but I feel like Cyborg is not necessarily that guy. I'd rather them use Jon Stewart Green Lantern.

Don't get me wrong, it'll be great to see live action Cyborg, I just feel like he might've been better suited to be in whatever the second iteration of the team will be. Afterall, if this works long enough, a second version can happen. I mean, Marvel is going to have a chance to have a second Avengers team in their films, there's no reason why it can't happen with DC.

Darthkush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:02 PM   #4
Johnny
Side-Kick

I think they left Martian Manhunter out, both here and in the New 52, because he's a bit too overpowered. He is very much like Superman and they probably thought they needed a character who is more grounded so to speak. As far as diversity goes, sure, obviously he fulfills that quota, but Cyborg also brings an interesting dynamic. He isn't like most of the others who can just take their costumes off and blend in with the crowd. He is viewed by the public as a freak no matter where he goes. Plus, add the fact that he is the youngest member which more or less makes him like the Spider-Man of the group. Cyborg has a huge potential and I'm not sure I'm okay with the fact many people view him as the token black guy on the team, especially a team that's clearly not comprised of typical Caucasian heroes. Only Clark and Bruce fulfill that quota, and if we get Jordan as GL, there's three. The other 4 certainly don't scream of lack of diversity. I like Vic and I hope they do him justice.

Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote