The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

View Poll Results: Did the Pope's recent comments on gays and tolerance surprise you?
Yes 6 40.00%
No 9 60.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2013, 09:19 AM   #551
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face
 
Pink Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 21,144
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIV

Come to think of it, from what I recall from the New Testament, Jesus never, and I mean never, picked up the cheque.

__________________
Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Pink Ranger is online now  
Old 10-26-2013, 10:07 AM   #552
SV Fan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,018
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
Come to think of it, from what I recall from the New Testament, Jesus never, and I mean never, picked up the cheque.
On the subject of Jesus, I never understand why some social conservative are so against health care, Jesus did healed people for free. lol

SV Fan is offline  
Old 11-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #553
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,268
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIV

West Point Academy hosts first marriage between 2 men.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...03&ir=Politics

A year ago they held the first two marriages for women after NY legalized.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 11-02-2013, 09:33 PM   #554
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 57,686
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Fan View Post
On the subject of Jesus, I never understand why some social conservative are so against health care, Jesus did healed people for free. lol
Not exactly free, they gave their life to him.

__________________
'Listen to yourself and in that quietude you might hear the voice of God' Maya Angelou
Kelly is online now  
Old 11-02-2013, 10:17 PM   #555
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face
 
Pink Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 21,144
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Not exactly free, they gave their life to him.
Like when you sign up for a cheap cellphone plan.

__________________
Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Pink Ranger is online now  
Old 11-03-2013, 08:26 AM   #556
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 54,886
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
West Point Academy hosts first marriage between 2 men.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...03&ir=Politics

A year ago they held the first two marriages for women after NY legalized.
...good to hear.

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline  
Old 11-04-2013, 12:02 PM   #557
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Schlosser85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 18,443
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIV

A coalition of clergy has sent a letter to the Illinois House encouraging them to support same-sex marriage.

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2013/11/c...marriage-bill/

__________________
Quote:
In the rain the pavement shines like silver
All the lights are misty in the river
...


Two wrongs just make something more wrong.


Movie Review Site:
Schlosser85 is online now  
Old 11-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #558
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,268
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIV

So...might we have our first gay governor?

Mike Michaud, Maine Governor Candidate, Comes Out As Gay In Op-Ed

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 11-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #559
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face
 
Pink Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 21,144
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Well, technically Jim McGreevey was governor of New Jersey for more than two months after he came out of the closet.

__________________
Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Pink Ranger is online now  
Old 11-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #560
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,268
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIV

Well he wasn't the first openly gay then, was he!

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 11-04-2013, 05:25 PM   #561
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face
 
Pink Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 21,144
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Well he wasn't the first openly gay then, was he!
I think the words you're looking for are "first openly gay American to be elected governor."

__________________
Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Pink Ranger is online now  
Old 11-04-2013, 05:27 PM   #562
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,268
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIV


__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 11-04-2013, 05:48 PM   #563
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face
 
Pink Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 21,144
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Don't feel bad, I'm infamous for being Captain Buzzkill on gay rights discussion forums throughout history. Back in the pre-vBulletin days in 1998, everybody was all excited that Canada elected its first gay mayor, I'm the only history nerd going, "Well, technically... it already happened two years ago ... in a mountain town in British Columbia with a population of 9,500." And everyone else is like which was quite a feat to pull off back then when you can only do ascii pictures.

__________________
Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Pink Ranger is online now  
Old 11-05-2013, 04:28 PM   #564
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,268
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIV

Illinois House passes same-sex marriage.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...usaolp00000003

Moves onto to Democrat controlled Senate. Governor already supports gay marriage, so Illinois will soon become state number 15.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 11-05-2013, 09:53 PM   #565
Anubis
Sup?
 
Anubis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: The Nile Delta
Posts: 67,522
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIV

Took em long enough.

Wonder if Meeks and his fellow hypocrites are gonna continue to make a big stink.

__________________
Quote:
"Great, now I have to take over a whole planet because of your stupid boobs."
-Rick from Rick and Morty
Anubis is offline  
Old 11-08-2013, 03:40 PM   #566
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,268
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIV

Hawaii legislature called to special session to possibly vote on same-sex marriage. You can watch live

http://livewire.kitv.com/Event/2013_...e-sex_marriage

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 02:19 PM   #567
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
hippie_hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Titanium Groceries
Posts: 51,423
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIV

Hawaii's legislature has passed a bill legalizing same-sex marriage.

__________________
Titanium Groceries!!!
hippie_hunter is offline  
Old 11-10-2013, 01:01 AM   #568
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious
 
LibidoLoca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 13,579
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIV

So state 16, soon all 50 and that one US territory that should be a state will join.

__________________
BRYAN SINGER | ZACK SNYDER | JOSS WHEDON
APOCALYPSE | DAWN OF JUSTICE | AGE OF ULTRON
*\S/T*
LibidoLoca is offline  
Old 11-10-2013, 10:13 AM   #569
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 57,686
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
Like when you sign up for a cheap cellphone plan.

No, that takes "your life" AND "your first born son".....

__________________
'Listen to yourself and in that quietude you might hear the voice of God' Maya Angelou
Kelly is online now  
Old 11-12-2013, 05:02 PM   #570
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,268
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIV

Hawaiian Senate has passed the same-sex marriage bill.

Governor to sign into law soon.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 11-13-2013, 03:42 PM   #571
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face
 
Pink Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 21,144
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIV

Gay Indians Wed in Unfriendly States as Battle Hits Tribe
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-1...its-tribe.html


Suddenly, the whole Village People situation makes sense.

__________________
Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Pink Ranger is online now  
Old 11-13-2013, 04:18 PM   #572
SV Fan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,018
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
Gay Indians Wed in Unfriendly States as Battle Hits Tribe
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-1...its-tribe.html
They should start opening marriage chapels besides the Casinos. lol

SV Fan is offline  
Old 11-13-2013, 07:04 PM   #573
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face
 
Pink Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 21,144
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Fan View Post
They should start opening marriage chapels besides the Casinos. lol
Either way, you're making a big gamble that can cost you half your ****.

__________________
Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Pink Ranger is online now  
Old 11-14-2013, 01:09 PM   #574
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mortalville!
Posts: 28,033
Th Smile Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIV

Congrats to Hawaii, my state of birth, on being the 16th state to pass gay marriage.

__________________

enterthemadness is offline  
Old 11-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #575
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face
 
Pink Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 21,144
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by enterthemadness View Post
Congrats to Hawaii, my state of birth, on being the 16th state to pass gay marriage.

Oh please, drop the charade. We all know you were born in Kenya.

__________________
Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Pink Ranger is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.