The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Old 07-29-2013, 03:51 PM   #1
Kazuki
Banned User

Default Why not an animated TV show with a continuous story?

I mean, instead of individual episodes who always follow the same boring and predictable structure, why not a tv animated series with a continuous and more serious story? Think of Sopranos, Walking Dead, etc. They all have a story who is told episode by episode. Different things happen in each episode and you´re always curious to see what´s coming in the next episode.

With the Batman animated series that rarely happens. It´s the same structure every god damn time: A new villain in town, Batman investigates the villain just a little bit, because the episode is very short, and at the end we have a big fight. And that´s it. Wouldn´t it be cool to have something a little different? Wouldn´t it be cool if a Batman animated tv show was more like Anime, where we have these great stories that are unraveled through the show, instead through individual episodes? I think it would be awesome.

Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:11 PM   #2
blackkeno
Side-Kick

Default Re: Why not an animated TV series with a continuous story?

Like The Batman?

blackkeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:43 AM   #3
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

Default Re: Why not an animated TV series with a continuous story?

My first impression reading the title is "A Similar to Anime", OP screen name added more, then I see
Quote:
Wouldn´t it be cool if a Batman animated tv show was more like Anime, where we have these great stories that are unraveled through the show, instead through individual episodes?
I think maybe it would be cool, but long running arcs have the trouble of quality fluctuating a bit through the story, obvious plot holes and continuity errors rise, no matter how much care animators and storytellers put to the show

I'm not against the idea, yes, it would be a good idea, but there is another thing to go against that, seasons episode limit and the type of scheduling, something anime makers don't feel the pressure of, they are given more freedom with that

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
H.E
Spider-Aziz is online now   Reply With Quote