The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Age of Extinction

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2014, 05:58 AM   #1
random_havoc
Last Remaining Sentry Fan
 
random_havoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,498
Default Transformers 4 is going to be TERRIBLE!

There's a thread already for people who think this movie will be good, so I thought I'd make this one for people who remember how terrible the previous films were. Seeing as how this one is made by the same people I don't expect it to be any different.

It will be yet another Michael Bay movie with world class special effects and nothing else that's remotely good.

__________________
“Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say.Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right.
When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world -- "No, YOU move.”
-Captain America
random_havoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 06:00 AM   #2
The Endless
WE are Groot
 
The Endless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,620
Default Re: Transformers 4 is going to be TERRIBLE!

Yea. I got a little faith from Wahlberg and Grammer. But the other films had some great actors too... so yea.

__________________
People think dreams aren't real just because they aren't made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes
The Endless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 06:25 AM   #3
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,954
Default Re: Transformers 4 is going to be TERRIBLE!

Wahlberg doesn't turn films good, in fact, he can be terrible in a bad movie, like in The Happening. Either way, i disagree about the notion that people in the other thread already think the film is going to be good, i myself am expecting to be entertained by action and robot Dinossaurs, but i don't think it's going to be a good movie, i don't even think a film like this has the excuse to be so badly written, but i'm still interested in seeing the next film.

I look at it almost as a spiritual successor to the success of the Rambo sequels, they were dumb and had a weak script, yet atracted plenty of fans due to the visceral qualities of the franchise.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 01:41 PM   #4
Sexy Magician
Most Excellent
 
Sexy Magician's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 453
Default Re: Transformers 4 is going to be TERRIBLE!

So you know its going to be terrible how?

Sexy Magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 01:51 PM   #5
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,954
Default Re: Transformers 4 is going to be TERRIBLE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
So you know its going to be terrible how?
Michael Bay

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 02:03 PM   #6
StarLord
...
 
StarLord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 7,492
Default Re: Transformers 4 is going to be TERRIBLE!

I'm hoping that it's not going to be terrible.

Having Wahlberg in the cast is already a bonus in my book. I can't stand Shia LaDouche and from what I've seen in the trailers and TV spots, I think this is going to be FAR better than ROTF and possibly better than DOTM.

StarLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 02:06 PM   #7
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,954
Default Re: Transformers 4 is going to be TERRIBLE!

It seems to be keeping the same type of jokes, and Wahlberg doesn't save movies, in the hapening, the film even sucked out his talent

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 02:11 PM   #8
StarLord
...
 
StarLord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 7,492
Default Re: Transformers 4 is going to be TERRIBLE!

Aside from the one joke about insurance in a tv spot, I haven't seen any other scenes that could be as bad as those horrible twins or Sam's parents.

Nobody could have saved The Happening. That was doomed from the start.

StarLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 02:24 PM   #9
SuperFerret
This guy
 
SuperFerret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SuperFerret's Shoebox of Solitude
Posts: 33,676
Default Re: Transformers 4 is going to be TERRIBLE!

Probably, but that's sort of the point.

__________________
I don't give a ferret.
SuperFerret is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 02:39 PM   #10
Harry Dresden
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 830
Default Re: Transformers 4 is going to be TERRIBLE!

Lockdown looks like a boss. That's the only thing that matters.

Harry Dresden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 02:48 PM   #11
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,954
Default Re: Transformers 4 is going to be TERRIBLE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLord View Post
Aside from the one joke about insurance in a tv spot, I haven't seen any other scenes that could be as bad as those horrible twins or Sam's parents.

Nobody could have saved The Happening. That was doomed from the start.
I don't remember seeing any jokes in the DotM trailers either. The government guy with the glasses also seems like he's going to be an obnoxious figure of authority to be made fun of. I'm just saying, every trailer is like this, the appearance of a bad joke in the trailer is a sign that Bay's not changing his ways.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 03:04 PM   #12
Harry Dresden
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 830
Default Re: Transformers 4 is going to be TERRIBLE!

OH MY GAWD

That part cracks me up every time.

Harry Dresden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 12:59 PM   #13
Blackman
C'mon Son
 
Blackman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 14,080
Default Re: Transformers 4 is going to be TERRIBLE!

I think it's really silly to keep bringing up THe Happening as a discredit to Mark Wahlberg.
That was in 2008 and Wahlberg has been in so many things where people recoginzed him as a good actor. The Other Guys, The FIghter, Ted, Lone Survivor, 2 Guns all showed that Wahlberg has comedic and dramatic chops. And even before that he did The Departed, Boogie Nights, Three Kings. He did some sucky movies in that time too, but no actor has an sparkling record where they only did good-great films.

Im not saying he's a sure fire win, but to bring him down because of the Happening (or the fact that he was a rapper, which I see other people around the internet doing) is silly

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 01:01 PM   #14
The Endless
WE are Groot
 
The Endless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,620
Default Re: Transformers 4 is going to be TERRIBLE!

Wahlberg can be great. But sometimes a sucky screenplay is a sucky screenplay and no actor will save it.

Shia LaBeeeef is a good actor too. Yea he is a raging douche bag, but he's got talent. But his character in the sequels was just... ugh.

__________________
People think dreams aren't real just because they aren't made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes
The Endless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 01:02 PM   #15
Blackman
C'mon Son
 
Blackman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 14,080
Default Re: Transformers 4 is going to be TERRIBLE!

That's what Im saying

And since the Transformers films dont have the best track record with screenplays I'm a bit nervous. But the only reason Im even excited for this one is Wahlberg.

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:19 PM   #16
<(o_o)>
Evangeline Is My Hero!
 
<(o_o)>'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,290
Default Re: Transformers 4 is going to be TERRIBLE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
That's what Im saying

And since the Transformers films dont have the best track record with screenplays I'm a bit nervous. But the only reason Im even excited for this one is Wahlberg.
The formula that they have been using has made them lots of money so far, so if it isn't exactly broken then they don't need to fix it just yet.

__________________
"Welcome To The Worst Nightmare Of All Reality."
"Maybe Things In Their Life Were Going Wrong & They Just Needed Someone To Take Their Spite Out On."
<(o_o)> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:26 PM   #17
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,954
Default Re: Transformers 4 is going to be TERRIBLE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
I think it's really silly to keep bringing up THe Happening as a discredit to Mark Wahlberg.
That was in 2008 and Wahlberg has been in so many things where people recoginzed him as a good actor. The Other Guys, The FIghter, Ted, Lone Survivor, 2 Guns all showed that Wahlberg has comedic and dramatic chops. And even before that he did The Departed, Boogie Nights, Three Kings. He did some sucky movies in that time too, but no actor has an sparkling record where they only did good-great films.

Im not saying he's a sure fire win, but to bring him down because of the Happening (or the fact that he was a rapper, which I see other people around the internet doing) is silly
I'm not bringing him down, i'm just arguing that just because they have Wahlberg, it doesn't mean the film will good, when you have a script like this and Bay's style, not even a great actor can save it. It's not as if Shia was entirely at fault for the problems of the original Trilogy.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:03 PM   #18
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,507
Default Re: Transformers 4 is going to be TERRIBLE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_havoc View Post
There's a thread already for people who think this movie will be good, so I thought I'd make this one for people who remember how terrible the previous films were.
Cause there's a huge lack of Michael Bay and Transformers hate everywhere else haha

Whoever did not enjoy the first 3 yet still shell out the cash opening night for AOE has no right to talk **** at this point. Any film that can bring a hater back three times is doing it's job.


Last edited by def28; 06-16-2014 at 09:38 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:04 PM   #19
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,954
Default Re: Transformers 4 is going to be TERRIBLE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Cause there's a huge lack of Michael Bay and Transformers hate everywhere else haha

Whoever thought the first three were terrible yet still shell out the cash opening night for AOE has no right to talk **** at this point. Any film that can bring a hater back three times is doing it's job.
Not realy, i've been defending the entertainment value of these films for a long time, i was even one of the first posters replying in the first part of the "TF 4 is going to be AWESOME!" thread. I enjoy to watch the action of these films, but i can also complain for the fact that they shoud be better, hell, it's the fact that we watched these films, that we have the right to complain, if we hadn't, then there would be nothing to complain at all because we wouldn't realy have a critical opinion on something we hadn't seen.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:50 PM   #20
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,507
Default Re: Transformers 4 is going to be TERRIBLE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Not realy, i've been defending the entertainment value of these films for a long time, i was even one of the first posters replying in the first part of the "TF 4 is going to be AWESOME!" thread. I enjoy to watch the action of these films, but i can also complain for the fact that they shoud be better, hell, it's the fact that we watched these films, that we have the right to complain, if we hadn't, then there would be nothing to complain at all because we wouldn't realy have a critical opinion on something we hadn't seen.
You like these films for whatever reasons though. If people didn't like these flicks and think thye are terrible overalll/not entertained, then they shouln't go and support that kind of film making. It's pretty simple.

I get pissed at these films and want them to make some changes too. But theres a difference between being critical and thinking a terrible 3 film franchise will magically be something different and change on 4. Your supporting what you don't like, and have no one to blame for bad decision making but yourself for buying that ticket to a film series directed by the same exact guy who stole your cash last time.

Michael Bay will not change as a Director. We've known tht for awhile. Transformers also will not change as long as they are directed by him. People should know exactly what they are in for here. There is no excuse at this point. If someone see's this film and walks out saying "this sucked like the other three" then jokes on them. Ya didn't like the others and should have known better.


Last edited by def28; 06-16-2014 at 06:18 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:20 PM   #21
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,954
Default Re: Transformers 4 is going to be TERRIBLE!

I watcht hem because enjoyment and evaluating quality are two different things, i think they're bad movies but i enjoy to watch the action and special effects, same reason why i don't need to enjoy superior films like Lincoln.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:23 PM   #22
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,507
Default Re: Transformers 4 is going to be TERRIBLE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
i think they're bad movies but i enjoy to watch the action and special effects
That's fine though. You still admit you enjoy them. You had a good time at the others and now your gonna see the 4th. That makes sense.

Maybe terrible wasn't the right word in the first post. People who have not enjoyed these films and complain about it should not go see this. Odds are pretty obvious they will not like this one either.


Last edited by def28; 06-16-2014 at 06:34 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:47 PM   #23
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,954
Default Re: Transformers 4 is going to be TERRIBLE!

Well, that is true. But i think that some of the criticism also comes from fans of the franchise that feel like it could be more than it is, or from those complaining about the state of blockbuster movies in general, though i'dd say that there's been a vast improvement in the past few years, without Emmerich and Dan Brown novel turned into films no longer rulling it, as well as the end of the Twilight franchise not so long ago.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:35 PM   #24
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,507
Default Re: Transformers 4 is going to be TERRIBLE!

Definitely, I dig these flicks but there are a ton of things I would fix. Not saying it's flawless and you can't criticize it or anything. That wasn't the point I was trying to make.

These movies are very far from perfect.


Last edited by def28; 06-17-2014 at 01:08 AM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:12 PM   #25
random_havoc
Last Remaining Sentry Fan
 
random_havoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,498
Default Re: Transformers 4 is going to be TERRIBLE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
So you know its going to be terrible how?
Just going with the odds. If a co-worker comes in drunk every day for 2 weeks in a row, there's a good chance he'll come in drunk on the next work day. Point being the other Transformer movies Bay made suck, so it's a safe bet this one will too. Also, most other directors could probably make better movies while drunk, but that's a side point.

__________________
“Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say.Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right.
When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world -- "No, YOU move.”
-Captain America
random_havoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.