The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 07:57 PM   #751
TheFBI
Side-Kick

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 4

Id love to see some of that footage

Old 07-21-2013, 08:10 PM   #752
DrDoom
Dictator

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 4

HA, Pratt kept cutting Saldana off

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 07-21-2013, 09:36 PM   #753
samsnee
Side-Kick

So Chris Pratt described Star-Lord as:

Quote:
"Starlord is like this guy who lives in space. He's kind of a jerk, he had a hard time as a kid, and now he goes around space making out with hot alien girls and kind of just being a rogue and a bit of a jerk. And through teaming up with these guys finds a higher purpose for himself which is to really care about... this family that he's found."
Isn't this basically just Captain Kirk in the ST reboot?

Old 07-21-2013, 09:38 PM   #754
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

Basically, but I get the impression he's gonna be even more of a dick, and probably a lot funnier. The Space Rogue is a common trope, so I'm holding out that Gunn and Pratt will give us one of the best ever.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:51 PM   #755
samsnee
Side-Kick

I just hope he makes it a little different from Kirk, or even RDJ's Tony Stark.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:54 PM   #756
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

I'm sure he will. I'd be suprised if Gunn hasn't seen ST'09 and be even more surprised if he didn't want to do his own original take on that archetype.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:04 PM   #757
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Nova corps look legit. They took a superhero comic costume/uniform, and made it look a like a completely believable law enforcement uniform, nice.
Nova "Judge Dredd" Corps

http://25.media.tumblr.com/83f2ffc92...dteyo1_500.gif
Old 07-21-2013, 10:10 PM   #758
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

In the SDCC display, there's a weird-looking orb. I'm guessing it's the one Star-Lord was described finding in the alien temple in the GOTG footage. Does it have an actual description in the display?

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 07-21-2013, 10:10 PM   #759
misjuevos
I am Groot

i missed all the excitement. so are those guards next to the props the nova corps?

Old 07-21-2013, 10:54 PM   #760
Mr. Dent

This has really gained a lot of hype from the SDCC panel alone! Imagine when an actual trailer hits.

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Old 07-21-2013, 10:56 PM   #761
Crimson King
Throwing shade

I've been dying for the MCU to take the cosmic plunge since it started. This movie can't come soon enough.

Recent guest appearances on The Hodgepodge Podcast to discuss 75 years of Batman and CA:TWS
Old 07-21-2013, 10:59 PM   #762
Loki882
Side-Kick

Next up, a Carol Danvers Captain Marvel movie (maybe even a crossover).

Old 07-21-2013, 11:11 PM   #763
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Next up, a Carol Danvers Captain Marvel movie (maybe even a crossover).
That would be a dream come true for me. I'd kill to see my favorite female character out of anything on the big screen

Old 07-21-2013, 11:28 PM   #764
Broseph44
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post
Nova "Judge Dredd" Corps
Only difference is Nova Corps are so much cooler than Judge Dredd.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:32 PM   #765
SpocksBrain
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I love the look of everything, except the Nova uniforms.

I'm thinking a big part of that is the poor fit. The helmets look too big for their heads. Most likely just stock stuff that isn't fitted for the guys hired to wear them in the display. The materials look a bit, well.... I don't see them flying through space in those.

But there's often a big difference in the way things look in the real world and when lit for filming. And maybe there's a difference between the uniforms of guards and higher ranked officers?

Star-Lord's coat is very John Crichton. Looks cool! I'm hoping to see a more traditional look at some point in the film, but I like the look of this either way. His mask looks great.

I love the use of Hooked on a Feeling. I can see it, or other songs like it, being used in the movie as Quill plays his Walkman. I have this image in my head of that song playing over seeing aliens and people doing "space stuff" and it seems like it would be a really fun audio-visual combo. I'm getting a Slither vibe from it. You know, the way Gunn used "Every Woman in the World" in that movie? That was great.

Really really looking forward to this!

And Thanos confirmed! Awesomeness!

Old 07-21-2013, 11:43 PM   #766
DrDoom
Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Bloodstone View Post

Hot either way

Old 07-21-2013, 11:45 PM   #767
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

I wonder who caught her wig.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:46 PM   #768
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Matt Smith

Old 07-21-2013, 11:51 PM   #769
DrDoom
Dictator

She immediately regretted throwing it lol

Hardwick said "You do not want to give away your wig at Comic-Con, I do not want to know what happens to that!"

Old 07-22-2013, 12:12 AM   #770
Mr. Dent

yeah I can definitely see how that girl ended up drunk naked outside of a hotel once.

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
Old 07-22-2013, 12:21 AM   #771
ares834
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
yeah I can definitely see how that girl ended up drunk naked outside of a hotel once.
Pics?

lol

Old 07-22-2013, 12:41 AM   #772
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Was Lee Pace's role ever revealed?

Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:42 AM   #773
Mr. Dent

No pics as far as I know. Just reports of it. It happened two years ago.

Also, considering JoBlo has been right about everything else so far, we can go ahead and say Knowhere is confirmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
Was Lee Pace's role ever revealed?
He's Ronan the Accuser.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:49 AM   #774
misjuevos
I am Groot

i noticed one nova guard has the full insignia on his shoulder patch and the other only had half of it

Old 07-22-2013, 12:56 AM   #775
Mr. Dent

Ranks.

Closed Thread