The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 01:00 PM   #351
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
So how much screen time do we think Loki's gonna get? He had a pretty big role in the first movie, obviously Avengers. Do you think he is sort of going to be somewhat minor due to not wanting to overuse him?
Well you know I'd love to see him all over the place, but I'm thinking he won't get a lot of screen time since there are so many characters in this installment I'm guessing he won't be in the first half of the film much, except for a prison shot or two. I suspect his teaming up with Thor will come, maybe, mid-film?

Old 07-18-2013, 01:11 PM   #352
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

I think he will be almost a co star with Portman and he backing Chris. Do we have an estimate on runtime? Cuz that will dictate the time alloted Loki more than anything.

Old 07-18-2013, 03:28 PM   #353
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

I certainly hope that Malekith gets a lot of screen time, Kurse as well

Old 07-18-2013, 03:52 PM   #354
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
I certainly hope that Malekith gets a lot of screen time, Kurse as well

Perversely, I hope they don't.
I don't see Malekith or Kurse becoming major players in the MCU; probably just one-film villains whose primary importance is to set up the "precursor" --- be it Surtur, or Thanos, or Chthon or whomever. Give them a few scenes to show their nastiness, but keep it to a minimum; Thor needs to be the focus of this movie.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 07-18-2013, 04:16 PM   #355
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Malekith should get almost as much screentime as PortmanJane. He IS the main villain and antagonist in this movie. Last thing one wants is an underdeveloped villain *cough* Bane *cough*

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 07-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #356
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
Malekith should get almost as much screentime as PortmanJane. He IS the main villain and antagonist in this movie. Last thing one wants is an underdeveloped villain *cough* Bane *cough*
You shouldn't have said that... I sense dark forces approaching.

Old 07-18-2013, 04:26 PM   #357
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Force View Post
You shouldn't have said that... I sense dark forces approaching.
sorry.

What I really, really want to see is an underdeveloped villain *cough* Bane *cough*

better?

ZWERG/ELF

Old 07-18-2013, 04:29 PM   #358
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
sorry.

What I really, really want to see is an underdeveloped villain *cough* Bane *cough*

better?
I guess it won't make any difference now. You already messed with the dark magic.

Old 07-18-2013, 04:42 PM   #359
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Force View Post
I guess it won't make any difference now. You already messed with the dark magic.
By the Mystic Moons of Munnopor! By the Vapors of the Vishanti and the Ruby Rings of Raggadorr! I'm ready for whatever comes.

But you're right, Bane is not the best example, there were villains that were less developed than him, he was just the first that came to mind.

ZWERG/ELF

Old 07-18-2013, 04:48 PM   #360
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Perversely, I hope they don't.
I don't see Malekith or Kurse becoming major players in the MCU; probably just one-film villains whose primary importance is to set up the "precursor" --- be it Surtur, or Thanos, or Chthon or whomever. Give them a few scenes to show their nastiness, but keep it to a minimum; Thor needs to be the focus of this movie.
Well Malekith is the main villain after all, he needs a proper amount of time to develop his character and explore his motives.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 07-18-2013, 05:24 PM   #361
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Well Malekith is the main villain after all, he needs a proper amount of time to develop his character and explore his motives.
I remember an interview with Chris Eccleston several months ago in which even he was sneeringly dismissive of his own character as a run-of-the-mill basic villain with all the usual motives.

I seriously would not look for Malekith to emerge from this as a memorable villain. I think the story focus will be on Thor and his relationships with Jane, Loki, Odin, and maybe even Sif. Thor will most likely be fighting real wars and personal ones on multiple fronts, and Malekith will be just one of those.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 07-18-2013, 05:40 PM   #362
Thor Odinson
Banned User

How I wish I could be at SDCC... I think MCU's panel will be memorable!

Old 07-18-2013, 05:47 PM   #363
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

There are new merchandise photos on TheSiteWSNBNamed showing a veritable Helmetfestpalooza going on for Thor. And Loki has as Frost Dagger.

I shall be in my bunker until the ensuing helmet discussion dies down.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:01 PM   #364
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
I remember an interview with Chris Eccleston several months ago in which even he was sneeringly dismissive of his own character as a run-of-the-mill basic villain with all the usual motives.

I seriously would not look for Malekith to emerge from this as a memorable villain. I think the story focus will be on Thor and his relationships with Jane, Loki, Odin, and maybe even Sif. Thor will most likely be fighting real wars and personal ones on multiple fronts, and Malekith will be just one of those.
OK pack it up guys. Cherokee has declared Malekith forgettable already, 4 months before the movie's release.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:03 PM   #365
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyscratch View Post
There are new merchandise photos on TheSiteWSNBNamed showing a veritable Helmetfestpalooza going on for Thor. And Loki has as Frost Dagger.

I shall be in my bunker until the ensuing helmet discussion dies down.
Cool! What bands are playing at Helmetfestpalooza?

Old 07-18-2013, 07:22 PM   #366
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
I think he was just trying to stay tight lipped.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 07-18-2013, 07:24 PM   #367
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Quote:

Yeah but that's Christopher Eccleston talking, he always seems negative lol.

Old 07-18-2013, 08:54 PM   #368
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
OK pack it up guys. Cherokee has declared Malekith forgettable already, 4 months before the movie's release.
I don't think he'll be forgettable.

Old 07-18-2013, 09:13 PM   #369
Thor Odinson
Banned User

I don't know if this has been posted, but it looks so badass!

Old 07-18-2013, 09:52 PM   #370
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:

Well it's a good thing I disagree with you on this. I don't want to see another Thor movie where the main theme is "family" again. I want to see an adventure through out the 9 realms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
HAHAHHAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Odinson View Post

is this real? Where did you find this?

Old 07-18-2013, 09:56 PM   #371
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Quote:

is this real? Where did you find this?
It is! It's promo art released at SDCC, along Hasbro figures.
It was posted on CBM.

Old 07-18-2013, 09:57 PM   #372
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
It is! It's promo art released at SDCC, along Hasbro figures.
It was posted on CBM.
ya found a bigger picture
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

does this mean he may wear the helmet this time?

Old 07-18-2013, 10:04 PM   #373
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Man, I truly hope so. It looks so good!

Old 07-18-2013, 10:08 PM   #374
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGeek View Post
Cool! What bands are playing at Helmetfestpalooza?
Frigga And The Monoboobs supported by Thorki: Buns Of Steel.

Old 07-18-2013, 10:25 PM   #375
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:

By my father's beard! Is that... Is that a helm upon the noble brow of the Scion of Asgard? And... And yet it has been crafted that one may see his impressive visage as clear as a new sunrise? but... WE WERE TOLD THIS WAS IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Closed Thread