The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 10:58 PM   #476
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

I seriously need to watch this footage!

Old 07-20-2013, 11:00 PM   #477
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

That's moronic.

SHH's transcript deliberately said "kicked" as I was watching the relay what was happening in the video.

C'mon now, use your head Luke Skywalker.

Last edited by Rock Sexton; 07-20-2013 at 11:04 PM.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:13 PM   #478
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
Over the hill a giant monster who looks like he's made of clay approaches. He's huge and angry. Nearly 20 feet. "I accept your surrender," Thor grins. The beast refuses and Thor smashes him to pieces with the hammer. "Anyone else?" Thor asks.
So badass!

Old 07-20-2013, 11:13 PM   #479
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

How do you "kick" someone's hand off?
And how would kicking Thor's hand away be your money shot?

The majority of reports say Thor loses his frickin' hand. I believe 'em. Sounds like a helluva money shot to me.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 07-20-2013, 11:18 PM   #480
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

"Cut off" most likely means that he cut him off from getting the hammer. By kicking his arm away.

I can't see them literally slicing off Thor's hand.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:21 PM   #481
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
"Cut off" most likely means that he cut him off from getting the hammer. By kicking his arm away.

Those tweets and other footage reports make it sound like Thor loses his hand. Another footage report on the "other site" just says Loki kicks Thor's hand away from Mjolnir. Conflicting info right now so I guess we have to wait for more confirmation.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:22 PM   #482
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post

Judging by the shocked reactions, that may have happened......

Old 07-20-2013, 11:23 PM   #483
Marvel Spider
Amazing.

Quote:
And shockingly, as Thor is knocked to his knees before his enemies and reaches out his hand to summon Mjolnir, Loki's blade comes down and seemed, just before the footage ended, to sever his brother's hand. Shock!
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=38190

Old 07-20-2013, 11:24 PM   #484
Thor Odinson
Banned User

With a hand or not, I just need to see him smashing that beast to pieces.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:24 PM   #485
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pac-Master View Post
WHOA. Well there you go.

Maybe he goes to Hela to get it back.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:26 PM   #486
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Maybe he gets a prosthetic hand like he has in the Thor: God of Thunder comic, except for not a full Destroyer-like armor arm.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:27 PM   #487
Thor Odinson
Banned User

So, this movie will definitely be darker.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:29 PM   #488
Doc Ock
10 years ago...

Man I wish one time the footage shown at Comic-Con could be shown to us.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:29 PM   #489
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
And how would kicking Thor's hand away be your money shot?
If Loki's double crossing Thor and Thor has promised to kill him if that very thing happens then it sets up the suspense perfectly.

I think people are retweeting the description and spinning it with their own interpretation and getting their wires crossed about the whole kicking the hand away thing.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:37 PM   #490
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
Man I wish one time the footage shown at Comic-Con could be shown to us.
I guess we'll have to wait until the next trailer.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:40 PM   #491
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

From io9: "Thor tries to catch his hammer, but his hand is burned. "No!" he shouts."

So, clearly they didn't see anything cut off. So confusing.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:41 PM   #492
Rock Sexton
Banned User

LOL @ this thread right now.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:42 PM   #493
Scarlettess
and a 1..2..3..4

The footage does indeed sound awesome. All the footage we've had today I think this one tops them all, except for pr on par at least to Guardians, description wise. Can't wait.

‎ Part of the beauty of Spider-Man is he's covered head to toe, you can't see his skin colour or sexual orientation, and what's important is that he's a hero. He stands for the underdog and those that need protecting." - Andrew Garfield
Doctor: Ooh baby I'm beating out a samba!
Old 07-20-2013, 11:44 PM   #494
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyscratch View Post
If Loki's double crossing Thor and Thor has promised to kill him if that very thing happens then it sets up the suspense perfectly.

I think people are retweeting the description and spinning it with their own interpretation and getting their wires crossed about the whole kicking the hand away thing.
Again: kicking Thor's hand away is not a money shot. In fact, it's totally mundane.

Taking off his frickin' hand is a money shot.
And probably an actual plot point. As in: just like Tony in IM3, the hero loses his iconic power. Thor has to spend a good deal of time without the ability to summon or use Mjolnir.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 07-20-2013, 11:49 PM   #495
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Again: kicking Thor's hand away is not a money shot. In fact, it's totally mundane.

And probably an actual plot point. As in: just like Tony in IM3, the hero loses his iconic power. Thor has to spend a good deal of time without the ability to summon or use Mjolnir.
Keep dreamin' bud.

Marvel is not going to show an actual dismemberment of any protagonist in these films.

Thor's already "lost his power" in the first Thor film. Besides, he has two hands, you know that right? T:TDW will be about villains who are as powerful, if not moreso than he is and being stretched out thin as there are multiple fronts to the battle taking place.

The money shot as it's faithfully transcribed is Loki having Thor pinned and separated from his hammer. Thor goes to reach for it and Loki kicks his arm away there bye "cutting him off from the hammer". I sat there and watched as they typed it out on SHH.

Last edited by Rock Sexton; 07-20-2013 at 11:57 PM.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:52 PM   #496
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Talking Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock sexton View Post
keep dreamin' bud.

Marvel is not going to show an actual dismemberment of any protagonist in these films.

Thor's already "lost his power" in the first thor film. besides, he has two hands, you know that right? t:tdw will be about villains who are as powerful, if not moreso than he is and being stretched out thin as there are multiple fronts to the battle taking place.

The money shot as it's faithfully transcribed is loki having thor pinned and separated from his hammer. Thor goes to reach for it and loki kicks his arm away. I sat there and watched as they typed it out on shh.
lol!

Old 07-20-2013, 11:55 PM   #497
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Even if one hand was dismembered/disabled, wouldn't he still be able to use his other hand to summon and use Mjolnir? Or is Mjolnir like a pair of right-handed scissors and can only function in one hand? Not sure if his hand is actually getting chopped off.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:56 PM   #498
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:

Your conclusion doesn't lead from your premise. Why would Thor losing a hand prevent him from summoning and wielding Mjolnir?

Old 07-20-2013, 11:57 PM   #499
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
Even if one hand was dismembered/disabled, wouldn't he still be able to use his other hand to summon and use Mjolnir? Or is Mjolnir like a pair of right-handed scissors and can only function in one hand? Not sure if his hand is actually getting chopped off.
Yes, he can use/summon it with both hands.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:01 AM   #500
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

I'm sure he could catch Mjolnir in his teeth if he had to. I call bollocks on this, as so far I've read he's had his hand kicked away, kicked off, punched away, punched off and cut off with a sword. All descriptions from people who apparently have all seen the actual footage with their own eyes and know exactly what happened.

Closed Thread