The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 07:31 PM   #626
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
I can't believe there's so much variation in the descriptions of the Thor footage, especially the part about Thor's hand. I've seen it gets chopped off, kicked away from Mjolnir, or just burned. It shouldn't be that hard to tell what happened to it unless it was a really quick shot.
The interview with Feige on IGN confirms that Loki cut it off. The interviewer asked directly.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:57 PM   #627
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

He better get an aquaman-style magic water hand.

3. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Interstellar

Old 07-21-2013, 08:41 PM   #628
Broseph44
We Are Groot

Anyone currently reading Thor God of Thunder? So damn good, Gorr the God Butcher

Old 07-21-2013, 09:04 PM   #629
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
I can't believe there's so much variation in the descriptions of the Thor footage, especially the part about Thor's hand. I've seen it gets chopped off, kicked away from Mjolnir, or just burned. It shouldn't be that hard to tell what happened to it unless it was a really quick shot.
It seems really strange that there are so many different interpretations of what happened by people who seem to have been there in the room blogging about it throughout the event.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:05 PM   #630
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
Its funny how Loki's weapons seem to be the only thing that can hurt Thor. The guy was taking fire and shrapnel and lasers to the face in the Avengers without so much as a scratch. I'm intrigued by how they will handle amputee Thor. I'm sure Odin can fix it somehow
Well he has some of Odinīs magic. That magic is what makes him immortal. We saw Odin take away his power in the first movie, he became very fragile.

My bet is that if someone is going to harm Thor he has to"penetrate" that magic somehow. Lasers wonīt beat it.
You will need something that is made of the same "magic" so naturally Loki is the only one who can hurt him since he is the only one who has acess to these kinds of weps.

Yeah or someone else that knows his magic. Perhaps Dr Strange?

Old 07-21-2013, 09:17 PM   #631
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
Anyone currently reading Thor God of Thunder? So damn good, Gorr the God Butcher
It's awesome. I said this many times. Thor, recently hasn't felt like Thor. Atleast the last 3 or 4 years. With the new title, it feels like thor again. I love it, I still need to go pick up the latest issue

Old 07-21-2013, 09:30 PM   #632
Broseph44
We Are Groot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
It's awesome. I said this many times. Thor, recently hasn't felt like Thor. Atleast the last 3 or 4 years. With the new title, it feels like thor again. I love it, I still need to go pick up the latest issue
It def has that good Thor feeling. Love the aspects of involving the 3 different Thor's as well.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:49 PM   #633
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Quote:
It def has that good Thor feeling. Love the aspects of involving the 3 different Thor's as well.
I think it's awesome, King Thor is a badass ******* lol

edit, badass a hole

Old 07-21-2013, 09:54 PM   #634
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
This is the first Thor series I've picked up and really love it. I only initially got it because of the artwork and was curious, but have continued getting it for the amazing storyline they've created so far.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:59 PM   #635
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Quote:
Yep, it's the best title Marvel is publishing, imho. Outstanding book!

Old 07-21-2013, 10:04 PM   #636
Broseph44
We Are Groot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Odinson View Post
Yep, it's the best title Marvel is publishing, imho. Outstanding book!
I think it's one of the top marvel titles now with Superior Spiderman and All-New X-Men up there. But that's for another thread

Old 07-21-2013, 10:06 PM   #637
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Quote:
I think it's one of the top marvel titles now with Superior Spiderman and All-New X-Men up there. But that's for another thread
I agree. I love these titles too, specially ANX-Men.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:04 PM   #638
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

THOR: God of Thunder run is the first comic I've bought in nearly 10 years.
incredible run.
After the filth thats been AVX, World War Hulk, Civil war and Seige, this has been a good treatment of Thor by marvel.

Not happy about the whole hand, thing...

Old 07-21-2013, 11:11 PM   #639
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
incredible run.
After the filth thats been AVX, World War Hulk, Civil war and Seige, this has been a good treatment of Thor by marvel.

Don't worry; he'll grow a new one.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:43 PM   #640
Loki882
Side-Kick

Maybe Loki got the blade from Thanos, and that's why it can injure Thor so easily.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:45 PM   #641
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Man I wish this footage would leak online. I have to say that Loki will forever be the resident bad ass if that happens as described. I'm curious as to the context of the scene will be.

"I'm going to show you something beautiful. Everyone screaming, for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings.......strings....... but now I'm free. There are no strings on me."

- Ultron V
Old 07-22-2013, 12:30 AM   #642
Broseph44
We Are Groot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
incredible run.

Well about the hand thing like someone pointed out, that's why we were discussing Thor God of Thunder. King Thor lost his arm and had it replaced with the arm of the destroyer. Could see something like that happening I think it'd be cool to see.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:36 AM   #643
Spideysays
Side-Kick

If he is King Thor why not just regrow it??? Destroyer arm makes no sense. Makes Thor look weak. I HATE that.

Last edited by Spideysays; 07-22-2013 at 12:37 AM. Reason: missed a piece
Old 07-22-2013, 12:45 AM   #644
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

I doubt he's going to get a fake hand. My guess is with the healing room and such he'll be able to recover it. We really don't know the context of the scene, so it's hard to say what will happen.

I remember from the comics, Balder cut off Loki's head and in the next cell, he picked it up off the ground and put it back on. Not saying that will happen here, but obviously the clip was shown to be shocking and make you think "how will he get out of that one?".

"I'm going to show you something beautiful. Everyone screaming, for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings.......strings....... but now I'm free. There are no strings on me."

- Ultron V
Old 07-22-2013, 12:54 AM   #645
Broseph44
We Are Groot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideysays View Post
If he is King Thor why not just regrow it??? Destroyer arm makes no sense. Makes Thor look weak. I HATE that.
Oh wow.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:56 AM   #646
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

To be honest, the lost limb thing is Aquaman's schtick, right? But I kid, I kid. I could see the IG in A3 being used to heal a lot of wounds to our MARVEL heroes if they end up as fubared as it seems Thor will.

Old 07-22-2013, 01:17 AM   #647
Spideysays
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
To be honest, the lost limb thing is Aquaman's schtick, right? But I kid, I kid. I could see the IG in A3 being used to heal a lot of wounds to our MARVEL heroes if they end up as fubared as it seems Thor will.

this isn't aimed at you KRYPTON but at Marvel........F--- A3 and the IG. This better be healed within 20 minutes of happening in the film. I will not tolerate Marvel trying to make Thor weak again!

Old 07-22-2013, 01:18 AM   #648
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
this isn't aimed at you KRYPTON but at Marvel........F--- A3 and the IG. This better be healed within 20 minutes of happening in the film. I will not tolerate Marvel trying to make Thor weak again!
Here comes Mr. Negativity again.

Old 07-22-2013, 01:21 AM   #649
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:

Well... Some fans keep pissing and moaning about how MARVEL films are too light with no stakes or consequences (I am not one of them). This may be a reaction to that. It could also be a very cool and interesting story. We will see.

Old 07-22-2013, 01:23 AM   #650
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

I've never regenerated a limb myself-- boy do I feel like a little ***** now.

Closed Thread