The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 02:41 AM   #151
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
heh Would he be be fit enough tho?
I doubt he could wear his demonic out fit from LEGEND these days any more than I guess he would want to prance around in lingerie for the ROCKY HORROR fans. Ha. But I do wonder if he got to keep those gigantic 'horns' they made for that get up? As a touchstone for what Surtur should look like in a live action film though, it's hard to go wrong with LEGEND.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:45 AM   #152
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
nope. I actually tried bringing it up in another thor thread, I would love to see a surtur related story in thor 2, and a be all end all story in thor 3 with the serpent...how big would you want it on screen?
I want him to be planet sized and fight Thor in space, but that wouldn't happen so a bit bigger than Pacific Rim's "Kaiju".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Not me.

Would like something more akin to that demon towards the end of "This is the End".
I'd like Sutur to be Kaiju sized as well, but I wouldn't mind him being slightly bigger or smaller.

Just how big was the demon at the end of "This Is The End"?

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*

Last edited by BigThor; 07-08-2013 at 02:48 AM.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:02 AM   #153
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Just how big was the demon at the end of "This Is The End"?
If my memory serves me correctly, I'd say it was about 8-10 stories high. While watching it all I could think about was Surtur.

If Surtur is too big, it's going to cost too much budget-wise. I mean look at how pathetic Kronos was in "Wrath of the Titans". I don't want that happening.

Last edited by Rock Sexton; 07-08-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:17 AM   #154
Donar
Banned User

Quote:
If my memory serves me correctly, I'd say it was about 8-10 stories high. While watching it all I could think about was Surtur.

If Surtur is too big, it's going to cost to much budget-wise. I mean look at how pathetic Kronos was in "Wrath of the Titans". I don't want that happening.
Yes, better avoid that, imo.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:13 PM   #155
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorking View Post
MOS boards are the much better, people agree to disagree...in my experience...
Have you been to the same MoS board as me?

Old 07-08-2013, 12:20 PM   #156
metaphysician
Side-Kick

On the matter of "Thor, god or demigod," I think I somewhat agree with the demigod terming, even though he's clearly not one in the proper sense. The modern western mind has a certain idea of what "god" and "demigod" mean. "God", even in the non-Christian sense, brings to mind vague beings of vast power off on some distant divine mountain, screwing with mortals like chess pieces on a board. The sense is of both power and distance. "Demigod," OTOH, brings to mind images of super-powered hero types like Hercules, down on Earth doing stuff. They have powers beyond human, but they certainly seem human, and they are right in front of your eyes rather than distant and invisible.

Using that, admittedly not especially accurate or even relevant, set of definitions and understandings? Thor seems a lot more like a demigod than a god.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #157
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
On the matter of "Thor, god or demigod," I think I somewhat agree with the demigod terming, even though he's clearly not one in the proper sense. The modern western mind has a certain idea of what "god" and "demigod" mean. "God", even in the non-Christian sense, brings to mind vague beings of vast power off on some distant divine mountain, screwing with mortals like chess pieces on a board. The sense is of both power and distance. "Demigod," OTOH, brings to mind images of super-powered hero types like Hercules, down on Earth doing stuff. They have powers beyond human, but they certainly seem human, and they are right in front of your eyes rather than distant and invisible.

Using that, admittedly not especially accurate or even relevant, set of definitions and understandings? Thor seems a lot more like a demigod than a god.
Excellent post, metaphysician.

Old 07-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #158
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:

If Surtur is too big, it's going to cost too much budget-wise. I mean look at how pathetic Kronos was in "Wrath of the Titans". I don't want that happening.
oh that's all I could think of with that demon as well

Old 07-08-2013, 04:54 PM   #159
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:

So he was around 80-100 feet that would be cool as well, although I'm sure Thor 3's budget is going to be much bigger than WOTT.

Besides after seeing MOS I think you could do alot more with a 200 million plus than most films lead us to believe.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 07-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #160
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
So he was around 80-100 feet that would be cool as well, although I'm sure Thor 3's budget is going to be much bigger than WOTT.

Besides after seeing MOS I think you could do alot more with a 200 million plus than most films lead us to believe.
It's all about the action choreography and not about the quality of the CGI. It's the CGI quality that bloats the budget.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 07-08-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:35 PM   #161
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:

See, I only saw that movie once, This is the End. But there is no way that giant demon was 80-100 feet tall. Looking a it, I would guess 300 feet at a minimum, I mean that thing looked bigger than godzilla, by a decent amount, in my opinion

Old 07-08-2013, 08:57 PM   #162
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
See, I only saw that movie once, This is the End. But there is no way that giant demon was 80-100 feet tall. Looking a it, I would guess 300 feet at a minimum, I mean that thing looked bigger than godzilla, by a decent amount, in my opinion
He still was nowhere near the size of Kronos. I merely brought the demon up because again he screamed "Surtur" to me.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:59 PM   #163
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
He still was nowhere near the size of Kronos. I merely brought the demon up because again he screamed "Surtur" to me.
He wasn't Kronos was huge, but I get why you brought it up, and I had the same reaction, and in terms of size, that's Surtur to me.

Old 07-09-2013, 12:49 AM   #164
SilentWarriorZ
men of bats

is the character Beta ray bill making Appearance too ?

Old 07-09-2013, 01:12 AM   #165
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWarriorZ View Post
It doesn't sound like it.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:20 AM   #166
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Woah it sounds like that demon's size would be a pretty good size for Surtur.

Quote:
So if the demon at the end of "This Is The End" was Godzilla sized (300 feet), how tall do you think Kronos was?

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 07-09-2013, 02:35 AM   #167
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWarriorZ View Post
It's not looking like it. The ONLY way I could see him appearing would be as his original form and maybe being attacked by possibly the Badoon or some other alien evil.
I don't see Bill in TDW unless they set up something for him to appear in GotG since THAT takes place in 2045.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 07-09-2013, 11:30 AM   #168
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Woah it sounds like that demon's size would be a pretty good size for Surtur.
Yeah. For some reason I always imagined an MCU Surtur as more so of a being of energy, a spirit being that could manifest how it chooses. So that it's not just like a giant 300 foot tall demon on fire. I would imagine that, like in the comics, he could change sizes, from say, 15 feet, to 300. When he manifests. But his form, demonic form, could be non physical, just energy, and a voice. He could appear on like an astral plane, like where Loki was in the Avengers, and when he wants, he could manifest as 15 foot tall demon, physically, or a 300 foot tall one. I think it would make the character, from a strictly appearance perspective, more than one dimensional.

So if the demon at the end of "This Is The End" was Godzilla sized (300 feet), how tall do you think Kronos was?[/QUOTE]

If I can remember correctly, Kronos was like the size of a freakin volcano lol

Old 07-09-2013, 07:46 PM   #169
ThorOdinSon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post

I have to disagree. Thor has been reduced to a hammer swinging alien with lightning powers, he rarely uses. When in fact Thor is more then a god, he is THE god in Asgard, next to Odin. Thor's mother is Gaea, the earth goddess(she is literally the spirit of the earth), thus Thor is more powerful then his asgardian siblings. Thor is otherworldly, his foes and battles are otherworldly, and that is why Stan lee based him off a Norse mythology God. He wanted a hero that was beyond earthly matters. Thor could destroy the earth in one swing of his hammer, and he use to have to hold back in just about every fight, because using his full power, would be an unfair advantage to mortals. I don't think Marvel needed to dumb him down for him to become interesting, I think they needed better writing. These days he has become the measuring stick for Hulk's strength. Thor is God of Thunder and weather because he can summon storms that could wipe out life on the planet, but these days he only uses lightning in the most extreme situations. Of course for the sake of plots, he has to face some sort of adversity, but why is that Superman gets the unleash insane power pass, when so often Thor for the sake of the story has to be weakened, or knocked out of fights so Hulk or Iron Man can shine( Exp:why didn't Thor fly into space in the Avengers movie...he can fly at twice the speed of light and breath in space, or at the least fly up there and save Stark instead of waiting so long, Hulk had to jump and save him). I just find it strange that a man who has single handedly defeated Galactus, now has trouble fighting characters with Thing class strength(don't even think about a one on one fight with the Hulk).

Old 07-09-2013, 09:55 PM   #170
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Because this isn't the the 616 verse, it's a more grounded MCU. Also, it's early, we don't know what else thor has in store

Old 07-09-2013, 10:41 PM   #171
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

guys on an unrelated note, Pacific Rim was freaking Amazing!
i also noticed that a particular Kaiju looked similar and reminded me a lot of Surtur.

Old 07-09-2013, 10:44 PM   #172
Wontkins
Banned User

Surtur should be the same size as the devil in Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:15 AM   #173
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

^lol

Old 07-10-2013, 09:34 AM   #174
OstrichsRevenge
Side-Kick

Quote:
Because this isn't the the 616 verse, it's a more grounded MCU. Also, it's early, we don't know what else thor has in store
Agreed. Even for the X-Men movies, Phoenix's powers were totally downgraded given that, in the comics, she destroyed an entire star system and killed billion of alien inhabitants. It's just not possible for these characters to be given their full scope in the movies because of time constraints, budgets, storylines, etc. Besides, if Thor could destroy Earth with a single hammer blow and fly in space and do all that stuff, where's the challenge? Where's the adversity? The story?

Old 07-10-2013, 10:48 AM   #175
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Yeah, but I hope they don't hold back with the bigger more powerful characters. But "before the universe", and with thanos and the IG, it seems like things are on a HUGE scale, so like, I hope that we'd atleast hear of these super powerful beings, like Surtur. Hell, I think it would be cool if, with the twilight sword, if he slams it into the ground it creates an explosion like the size of an atom bomb, or maybe some past stuff of him causing stars go to supernova.

We KNOW the IG WILL operate on a universal scale, which not just an earth scale. "The Earth will be his, the UNIVERSE yours",he didn't say star system, he didn't say galaxy, he said universe. Phase 2 is building up big, and I think that we are going to be seeing "power" FAR beyond anything we've seen in the MCU thus far.