The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 08:50 PM   #226
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
This is science fiction and comic book fantasy gentlemen. There's no such thing as "reaching" in this genre of film. Even if it sounds ridiculous.

Yes, it's true it could be nothing more than fan service. But it could also be a door that opens to many other possibilities: the fact that Jean said she was all alone in that place could also signify that Scott has also survived the events of X3. Remember, this is NOT the first time that "dead" Jean has communicated with the living in the X-Men movie-verse: she did it once before in X2 and also once again in X3 (when she lured Scott to Alkali Lake in the first place).

I'm not ruling out that it was all in his head. However, FOX & Co. would be foolish not to capitalize on building a bridge between The Wolverine and the upcoming Days Of Future Past. These multiple appearances by Jean, Professor X, Storm and Magneto in The Wolverine are simply not coincidental--they are drawing a correlation--and they didn't need Jean to make it clear. Think about it: they could've made a DoFP connection to The Wolverine without featuring Jean at all. Her appearance served a purpose and I think it goes way beyond what's in Logan's "head": they are priming the fans for something bigger.

Let's hope

Old 07-27-2013, 08:52 PM   #227
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Quote:
There's no such thing as "reaching" in this genre of film.
Yes, there is. The x-men movies clearly didn't set up a world where 'anything goes'.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:09 PM   #228
darkangel
Side-Kick

Quote:
This is science fiction and comic book fantasy gentlemen. There's no such thing as "reaching" in this genre of film. Even if it sounds ridiculous.

Yes, it's true it could be nothing more than fan service. But it could also be a door that opens to many other possibilities: the fact that Jean said she was all alone in that place could also signify that Scott has also survived the events of X3. Remember, this is NOT the first time that "dead" Jean has communicated with the living in the X-Men movie-verse: she did it once before in X2 and also once again in X3 (when she lured Scott to Alkali Lake in the first place).

I'm not ruling out that it was all in his head. However, FOX & Co. would be foolish not to capitalize on building a bridge between The Wolverine and the upcoming Days Of Future Past. These multiple appearances by Jean, Professor X, Storm and Magneto in The Wolverine are simply not coincidental--they are drawing a correlation--and they didn't need Jean to make it clear. Think about it: they could've made a DoFP connection to The Wolverine without featuring Jean at all. Her appearance served a purpose and I think it goes way beyond what's in Logan's "head": they are priming the fans for something bigger.

I think all you said are right.
If Famke's character wasn't supposed to continue to exist in X-Men films would stop at x3. But they put her in The Wolverine without describe us where and with who is she.
Logan in TW was exactly in the same place where Scott was in his room in X3 listening Jean voice to go to alkali lake and unfortunately die(?)
I think Singer is keeping secret Marsden and Janssen in DoFP,also he has never talk about Jean or Scott not being in the film,he just keeping them for a surprise like every x-men film has surprises or extra cameos.
Also Famke should find another justification about her mystery roles.
(I'm waiting by the phone etc.)

Old 07-27-2013, 09:20 PM   #229
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

lets be honest its wishful thinking, jean and scott may return using time travel but the jean part of the wolverine was concluded when he turned her down and she vanished

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 07-27-2013 at 09:25 PM.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:15 PM   #230
DarknessOfDeath
Send me an Angel...

I just got back from seeing TW and the very last scene with Jean made me cry. It was sad... It was beautifully well done.

Old 07-28-2013, 12:03 AM   #231
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

^Awww you're so emotional, LOL.

To me, it felt like it is gonna be her last scene in this series for a long time.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 07-28-2013, 01:56 AM   #232
Silvermoth
Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessOfDeath View Post
I just got back from seeing TW and the very last scene with Jean made me cry. It was sad... It was beautifully well done.
I know what you mean. I want jean grey back alive so badly. I forgot how much I miss the character.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
It's the sad look in her eyes at the end...and when she says she's lonely

Old 07-28-2013, 06:04 AM   #233
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Jean in TW is a figment of Logan's imagination. There's only one guy Jean might try to beckon to an afterlife...and it ain't Logan.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:13 AM   #234
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

I want Cyclops to get some measure of film redemption in DofP, though Jean is another matter.

TW only showed Jean as shade, as a figment of Logan's guilty mind but I felt the "character" got enough of a send off in the film to not warrant a DofP appearance.

Old 07-28-2013, 09:26 AM   #235
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
^Awww you're so emotional, LOL.

To me, it felt like it is gonna be her last scene in this series for a long time.
nope it says nothing about whether she will return or not

Old 07-28-2013, 12:00 PM   #236
DarknessOfDeath
Send me an Angel...

Well what can I say....I could tell which room Jean was in ....the hot white room. that was a quite a nod. If Jean doesn't appear in DOFP, maybe they'll save her for the next one.

Old 07-28-2013, 12:25 PM   #237
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

could have been a nod to the white room, sadly still seemed to be just in logans head tho

Old 07-28-2013, 07:00 PM   #238
darkangel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
I forgot how much I miss the character.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
It's the sad look in her eyes at the end...and when she says she's lonely
Please stop it

psylockolussus why you hate so much Jean Grey?

Old 07-28-2013, 11:07 PM   #239
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

LOL I don't.

I just think she had her time and with her appearance in The Wolverine, I felt like we got a better conclusion to her story.

We are never gonna get new characters to shine, if some of the characters keep coming back from the death. You knowa lot of movies and tv shows kill their characters to make room for new characters or to develop the underdeveloped characters.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 07-29-2013, 12:01 AM   #240
Loki882
Side-Kick

As much as I HATED Cyclops getting killed OFFSCREEN in X3, it does present and interesting opportunity in DOFP. Maybe Bishop showed up and took Scott to the future in order to save his life. Or maybe Jean actually teleported Scott to the future where he met Bishop, think about it.

Old 07-29-2013, 12:14 AM   #241
TWayneP
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
could have been a nod to the white room, sadly still seemed to be just in logans head tho
Yea it could be just in his head, but it's not that cut and dry in my opinion. That seems to be the overall consensus here, but I think it's up for debate. The movie never makes it clear that its just in his head. I think it is a form of the white room and her spirit... She mentions being lonely. Maybe this is just a fragment of her in wolverines head like she was present in Cyclops' head in X3 haunting him (hell if hes alive she still could be)

But we shall see how days of future past turns out to really get a grasp on her role in TW.

If she really isn't in dofp I'll probably chalk this up to just being in wolverines head. As of right now though to think that it's just in his head exclusivly is short changing her role in TW.

Old 07-29-2013, 03:02 AM   #242
darkangel
Side-Kick

Cs Funny Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
LOL I don't.

I just think she had her time and with her appearance in The Wolverine, I felt like we got a better conclusion to her story.

We are never gonna get new characters to shine, if some of the characters keep coming back from the death. You knowa lot of movies and tv shows kill their characters to make room for new characters or to develop the underdeveloped characters.
Yeah,but Jean is a member of the official X-Men team along with (Cyclops,Storm,Wolverine) I think Jean,Logan,Storm and Cyclops are a MUST for every x-men movie.
The directors should stop killing Jean in every x-men movie she is in.

Old 07-29-2013, 03:46 AM   #243
DOFP
Side-Kick

Yes! To me Cyclops, Storm, Logan AND Jean is a must for every movie.

Old 07-29-2013, 03:51 AM   #244
DarknessOfDeath
Send me an Angel...

They should add Eva Green into the fold... Not sure which Mutant she could portray.... but man she would have been an excellent Madelyne Pryor. Sadly though, I don't see an x-men reboot any time soon that could have her playing Famke's role... Eva can do dark. I've seen it. Anyway...yeah...

Old 07-29-2013, 03:59 AM   #245
Nightmare
"Kill Them All"

Wow, that sounds like a great idea..

"After they killed me, I became something much, much worse. The stuff nightmares are made of. The children still feared me, and their fear gave me the power to invade their dreams, and that's when the fun REALLY began"
Old 07-29-2013, 04:03 AM   #246
DarknessOfDeath
Send me an Angel...

Watch Camelot...Eva stole the show for me. She plays Morgan Le Fey. Gods she was so good. Looking forward to the 300 sequel.

Old 07-29-2013, 04:11 AM   #247
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I read the X books for a number of years straight through the late, late 80's to about right before Logan got the adamantium sucked out of his bones in the 90's. Since then, as with most comics I used to read (and man were there a lot of them) I peek in every so often to see what's going on and read publications about comics to get info. That we now have so many choices thanks to the internet to do so is a joy. Now can I get something off my chest? What is the big deal with Jean Grey anyway? Really. Having read all the classic stories (I worked at a comic book store across from my high school in the 90's so I got to read all the back issues and trades) and kept up with the goings on in the X books (Jean of the White Crown, ect.) I still don't get the appeal of the character either in story or to the fans. This does extend to the movie universe as well. I get that the original death of Jean story is a classic, and it was shocking and moving and dramatic for it's time. But the constant death and resurrection of the character is a joke now, and add to it that I just don't find her to be a compelling character and must say, if I never heard or saw her again it would not phase me in the least. So can someone educate me? Is there something people see here that I am just blind to? Because other wise my appraisal is she's a walking/talking macguffin drawn with DD breasts and more hair than a 80's heavy metal music video bimbo. (Hmm... Or is THAT why she is a popular character?) This is not a slight on the X Books/Movies or fans I may add.

Old 07-29-2013, 05:50 AM   #248
Silvermoth
Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
As much as I HATED Cyclops getting killed OFFSCREEN in X3, it does present and interesting opportunity in DOFP. Maybe Bishop showed up and took Scott to the future in order to save his life. Or maybe Jean actually teleported Scott to the future where he met Bishop, think about it.
Or to the past where he can actually save jean before she manifests as the Phoenix! Oh my god I'm excited again. I love the xmen so much! This is my universe, I just hope fox loves it as much as I do (don't we all)

Old 07-29-2013, 07:35 AM   #249
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Me before TW: "Why the hell haven't they announced Marsden and especially Famke in X-DoFP? Those 2 are among the first people they should be begging to return!"

Me after TW: "I get it. I'm ok with not seeing any more Jean Gray."

Old 07-29-2013, 10:27 AM   #250
Mr.M
Side-Kick

I don't think you can bring her back at this point. Unless they plan on retconning the entire trilogy. Her arc is done. Cyclops on the other hand would be pure fan service. So they really have to think of a reason to incorporate him in such a way that goes beyond that. We were given fan service in Origins and we know how that turned out. It was a waste of everyone's time and effort. So how can Cyclops tie into the story without being forced? Frankly, it's tough for me to find ways incorporating him and that's coming from a fanboy. Key questions:

If Xavier was alive all along, where was he for the past 10 years? Or was Logan simply out of the picture and left the X-Men indefinitely after TLS? Why would Xavier stay unrevealed in all that time? That has to be covered. Similarly, if that really is the original Xavier, then could Cyke have also survived Alkali Lake? Where would he have been for the past 10 years? Why wouldn't Logan want to be notified of that? We need some answers to fill in the gaps.

Last edited by Mr.M; 07-29-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Closed Thread