The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 02:43 PM   #351
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Y'all don't want any surprises, huh? You just want everything laid out on the table before hand.
Yeah, it's like I said before. Some speculation is all fine and dandy, but if you let it get out of control and try to figure out every little thing, you'll ruin the movie for yourself. There won't be any surprises for you if you figure everything out ahead of time, and you'll build up these huge expectations of what you think will happen, and if it doesn't, it will be a letdown, and some people will come back here saying the film sucked because of it. Some people need to just take a step back and wait.

Old 08-02-2013, 02:50 PM   #352
DarknessOfDeath
Send me an Angel...

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Exactly what I was trying to say, Specter. A lot of ppl who want to see James and Famke are in for a disappointment if they don't show up at all in DOFP. Me, on the other hand, I've taken a step back for the sake of wanting to see how DOFP plays out because I really want to like it. To me, it's already too cluttered considering how many characters they're shoehorning into this movie.

Old 08-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #353
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
The purpose of the Days Of Future Past storyline was never to change / retcon / write out of existence particular aspects of continuity, nor should that be a purpose of the movie.
Obviously not the purpose of this film. But it DOES offer a unique opportunity. One that Singer already said he'll take advantage of. Which is good.

Old 08-02-2013, 03:31 PM   #354
Mr.M
Side-Kick

There is no way they are going to omit Cyclops from the marketing if he is in the movie in more than a cameo appearance. They have to market that to make fanboys wet. I assume we will see him in the first theatrical trailer closer to the release date.

Old 08-02-2013, 07:22 PM   #355
Silvermoth
Avenger

That's the thing though. Fox will want to get fanboys excited about future movies so I reckon that's why they're saving jean and Scott as cameos at the end. Therefore they won't want that spoiled until the films released.

Then the whole team can come back for age of apocalypse.

Old 08-02-2013, 07:40 PM   #356
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

I think many may have to accept the possible notion that cyclops won't appear, save disappointment if it turns out he ain't

Old 08-02-2013, 08:01 PM   #357
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I still hope for a moment were they're surrounded by Sentinels with all hope lost and then Cyclops just destroys them and saves the day...

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 08-02-2013, 10:05 PM   #358
Eros
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
That's the thing though. Fox will want to get fanboys excited about future movies so I reckon that's why they're saving jean and Scott as cameos at the end. Therefore they won't want that spoiled until the films released.

another x-men movie about a dark future?

Old 08-02-2013, 10:07 PM   #359
Eros
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post

Jean is nuts and dead, and cyclops is just dead, even before Jean killed him, he was pretty much dead.

Old 08-02-2013, 11:10 PM   #360
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter313 View Post
Yeah, it's like I said before. Some speculation is all fine and dandy, but if you let it get out of control and try to figure out every little thing, you'll ruin the movie for yourself. There won't be any surprises for you if you figure everything out ahead of time, and you'll build up these huge expectations of what you think will happen, and if it doesn't, it will be a letdown, and some people will come back here saying the film sucked because of it. Some people need to just take a step back and wait.
It's like X-Men: The Last Stand all over again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Obviously not the purpose of this film. But it DOES offer a unique opportunity. One that Singer already said he'll take advantage of. Which is good.
And I still believe that the "fixes" he is talking about is in regards to Magneto, Xavier, and Rogue. I don't expect to see any sort of Cyclops or Jean in this one, nor do I particularly care to. I don't want to see all this convoluted undoing of plot points just because some people on the interwebz are mad.

(P.S.: in the case of Cyclops, I am one of those "some people on the interwebz" as I still feel that killing Cyclops is among the worst things to ever happen to this franchise.)

If it's done -WELL-, then sure. But I don't want it done just for the sake of doing it. Bringing Cyclops back has potential to make a bad situation worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
I still hope for a moment were they're surrounded by Sentinels with all hope lost and then Cyclops just destroys them and saves the day...
I remember the days when I had dreams of this happening in X-Men: The Last Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eros View Post
Jean is nuts and dead, and cyclops is just dead, even before Jean killed him, he was pretty much dead.
lol

Old 08-02-2013, 11:48 PM   #361
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
I don't think it's a good idea to organically include Scott in DoFP, but it's easy to tease him in a mid-credit scene or allude that the change of history after the movie is over allows for him to still be alive. The next movie can/should deal with him.
I agree with you!

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 08-02-2013, 11:51 PM   #362
Spider-Fan
Puppet tangled in strings
SHH! Global Moderator

I kind of agree. I don't think they will appear in the main story, but a cameo/mid-end credits scene might be possible, and I would like to see that. Maybe tease the next villain in the series as well! Like have Cyclops put in someone's dungeon (like Sinister or Apocalypse) and work him into the next film. Jean might be a harder fix.

Old 08-02-2013, 11:57 PM   #363
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

It should be like this, if they are planning to resurrect all X-Men members that died in X3.
X4- DOFP - the return of Professor X (teased in The Wolverine)
X5 - the return of Cyclops (teased in Days of Future Past)
X6 - the return of Jean Grey (teased in X-Men 5)

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 08-03-2013, 03:55 AM   #364
Mars123
Side-Kick

Yes agreeing with all those who suspect cyclops is unlikely lot appear.... But maybe a tease or small cameo to be explained in a future x film.... Cyclops hinting that studios expecting to make more!

Old 08-03-2013, 03:11 PM   #365
Havok83
Side-Kick

I hope Singer undoes the damage done to both from X3

Old 08-03-2013, 03:20 PM   #366
Human Torch
The Boss in Blue

I'd really love to see Scott brought back into the series.Jean,not so much.But I don't think we'll see Scott in DOFP.Hopefully,an end credits thing could set up his return.

Old 08-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #367
Eros
Side-Kick

Jean is unstable and unstoppable, she needs to stay dead.

Old 08-03-2013, 03:50 PM   #368
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Jean is unstable and unstoppable, she needs to stay dead.
I disagree. Jean is too great of a character to leave dead (I'm saying this with one eye on Marvel comics as well. lol). Plus Famke is great in the role. I say bring her back and have her back to normal sooner rather than later.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 08-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #369
Eros
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
I disagree. Jean is too great of a character to leave dead (I'm saying this with one eye on Marvel comics as well. lol). Plus Famke is great in the role. I say bring her back and have her back to normal sooner rather than later.
Their is no "Normal" she is a ticking homicidal time bomb, X-3 made that clear. She killed Cyclops and the professor, and countless others on Alcatraz without a second thought.

Old 08-03-2013, 04:08 PM   #370
Mars123
Side-Kick

I think it's interesting the tack both actors are taking when asking to the press, marsden has had conversation with the team hopeful about the future and interested in seeing what in Bryan fixes.mwhere as famke claim not of heard anything about DOFP

Is this to confuse us?! Is famke playing her favourite trick? Is james lying? Are they telling the truth lol

Mind boggling

Old 08-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #371
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Their is no "Normal" she is a ticking homicidal time bomb, X-3 made that clear. She killed Cyclops and the professor, and countless others on Alcatraz without a second thought.
With the right story it can always be fixed. X3 was a poor treatment of her character. I'd rather not see that be the last time we see Jean alive on screen.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:38 PM   #372
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
thats bc her power levels were out of control. All they would need to do is remove the Phoenix persona from her and have her back at a manageable power level. Without the insane power she had in X3, she wouldnt be causing people to disntegrate with anger.

Old 08-03-2013, 08:11 PM   #373
darkangel
Side-Kick

Actually i want Jean to be GOOD again like in X1 & X2...
IF she return back in DOFP I don't want the dark phoenix again killing allies.

Old 08-03-2013, 08:23 PM   #374
icekid
Side-Kick

I'd love it if they utilized Cyclops like how the run of New X-Men is using him, in which he becomes a quasi Magneto. It'll add more dimensions to the character and we can't have Magneto being the opposing force for every movie.

Old 08-03-2013, 08:47 PM   #375
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Sorry I don't want Cyclops they way they have turned him.

Closed Thread