The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 05:44 PM   #401
The Englishman
Marching On Together

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFox View Post
It would be the perfect opportunity as he is sort of coming back from the dead they could easily write that in that his appearance had changed.
Why can't James Marsden play him?

"For England James?" "No......For me"

"The things i do for England."
Old 08-04-2013, 05:45 PM   #402
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

No reason.Some would just like to recast.

Old 08-04-2013, 06:10 PM   #403
jcady19

if Jean or/and Scott where gonna be written back into the film series i think this would be the best opportunity to do so. but if there not in this film or at least mentioned to be alive at the end then the likelihood that they will be brought back will get slimmer and slimmer. so i hope this is one of the things that Singer whats to fix

Old 08-04-2013, 06:42 PM   #404
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

I dont wanna get my hopes, but I do hope to see the beautiful creature that is Marsden appear in the mid credits to set up for the next movie hopefully AOA, and Jean of course.

Old 08-09-2013, 12:39 AM   #405
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

James Marsden's on Craig Ferguson!

Old 08-09-2013, 02:30 AM   #406
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
James Marsden's on Craig Ferguson!
Whats Craig Ferguson?

Old 08-09-2013, 02:40 AM   #407
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

my guess is the movie ends with Wolverine ending up in an alternate timeline in which Cyclops and Jean are alive

Old 08-09-2013, 03:35 AM   #408
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN =w= DAY View Post
my guess is the movie ends with Wolverine ending up in an alternate timeline in which Cyclops and Jean are alive
I do hope so, they are apart of the OC and they were great in their roles. I want Jean back minus the whole Pheonix thing but just a powerful telepath and telekinetic.

Old 08-09-2013, 04:56 AM   #409
darkangel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeholdMe View Post
I do hope so, they are apart of the OC and they were great in their roles. I want Jean back minus the whole Pheonix thing but just a powerful telepath and telekinetic.
I totally agree. Like Jean in X1 & X2

Old 08-09-2013, 05:14 AM   #410
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
I totally agree. Like Jean in X1 & X2
Yes her powers were growing with each movie, it would have been better that way. Lets hope Famke comes back.

Old 08-09-2013, 05:49 AM   #411
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Cyclops and Jean will likely be resurrected by Mr. Sinister, or some other means, in the inevitable "Age of Apocalypse" film.

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 08-09-2013 at 05:53 AM.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:10 PM   #412
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

You know what even though they might not be appearing in this film, Cyclops already had his 4th X-Men movie (Origins: Wolverine) and Jean Grey already had her 4th X-Men movie (The Wolverine). DOFP will just be the fourth film for Storm, Shadowcat, Rogue and Iceman. I'm not counting Storm's cameo in First Class because that was a blink or miss cameo.

So its not bad, just be happy that they are not cramming their resurrection/return.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 08-09-2013, 08:16 PM   #413
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Really doesnt matter how many times they appear in comparison to everyone else. Its about quality, not quantity. Nightrcrawler's one appearance in the film franchise is better than all 4 of Scotts...ESPECIALLY Scott's last two appearances.

Old 08-09-2013, 09:02 PM   #414
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I know that but some people think that Cyclops and Jean are robbed for not appearing in this film despite already appearing in 4 movies. And I doubt if Cyclops appear in this film, they can give him justice especially with all the things that are going on in the movie. Its just not the perfect time for him to return.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 08-09-2013, 09:06 PM   #415
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Yeah, I don't know why people want Scott and Jean crammed in for what will most likely be just a cameo.

Old 08-09-2013, 09:56 PM   #416
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
Yeah, I don't know why people want Scott and Jean crammed in for what will most likely be just a cameo.
Since I mentioned it last ill respond. I never said I wanted them crammed into an already full movie or to make room for them in a plot for the sake of seeing them. All I asked was a cameo at the end in the credits if the future is changed.

Old 08-09-2013, 10:08 PM   #417
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeholdMe View Post
Whats Craig Ferguson?
A lame late night talk show.

Old 08-09-2013, 10:12 PM   #418
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
Lol Ohk, ill check it out though to see my husband.

Old 08-09-2013, 10:31 PM   #419
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post

It's the best show on television!

Old 08-11-2013, 12:23 PM   #420
rory
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
I don't think anyone is expecting them to play a role in DOFP, but I do think people just want to see them at the end of the "restored" future so that it opens the door to their return in future films. With Xavier already back and Magneto with his powers, it would be the last "fix" to X3.

Old 08-11-2013, 01:10 PM   #421
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

well guess we'll have to wait for their debut in FC 3 when it gets green lit. So their is currently no x team, since Banshee is gone, Havok is clearly in the army, so that just leaves Beast and after the events of DOFP we can expect Xavier to recruit Scott/Jean which would actually line up w/what he said in X1, about him, her and Storm being some of his first students...

Old 08-11-2013, 01:16 PM   #422
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Englishman View Post
Why can't James Marsden play him?
He can, I wouldn't be overly against it if he did, but I was quite convinced by him in the roll. It may have been because he was pushed to the back all the time in the script, never really got chance to shine.

But we shall see, if he's involved, great

(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
Old 08-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #423
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

I hope there is some sort of explanation for the absence of other cast members - doesn't have to be detailed but some sort of acknowledgement...

Charles: 'What happened to your big bad Brotherhood, Erik? Where are all your new friends? Are you alone again?'

Erik: 'It's just me and Mystique now. The others have gone their own ways.'

Old 08-11-2013, 01:23 PM   #424
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I hope there is some sort of explanation for the absence of other cast members - doesn't have to be detailed but some sort of acknowledgement...

Charles: 'What happened to your big bad Brotherhood, Erik? Where are all your new friends? Are you alone again?'

Erik: 'It's just me and Mystique now. The others have gone their own ways.'
that won't happen, i believe we will just jump into the story, they will probably have been working together for some time and won't need to sit down and make small talk

don't think mystique will appear in future either, probably have X3 to explain why she ain't with magneto anymore

Old 08-11-2013, 01:27 PM   #425
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Flare View Post
well guess we'll have to wait for their debut in FC 3 when it gets green lit. So their is currently no x team, since Banshee is gone, Havok is clearly in the army, so that just leaves Beast and after the events of DOFP we can expect Xavier to recruit Scott/Jean which would actually line up w/what he said in X1, about him, her and Storm being some of his first students...
it does feel like this is the direction singer is heading with the FC stuff

Sinister has to be part of cyclops and jeans FC origin hopefully