The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 10:50 PM   #901
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Yeah I'm tiring to avoid that debate now. LOL

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 11-27-2013, 10:58 PM   #902
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farren View Post
Seriously. All you said was that you wanted more OT films. Just ignore marvelrobbins. He's trying to stir up that tired old debate that leads nowhere.
I am dealing with reality of situation.And that hints at ending of OT cast for most part.Certinly no other trilogy with them.

Old 11-27-2013, 11:03 PM   #903
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Oh shucks! Your reasoning of ditching the OT cast because of the altered timeline is very one-sided though. You obviously haven't thought of Fox considering to bring back the OT cast again if DOFP performed big next year?

Old 11-27-2013, 11:05 PM   #904
Farren
Side Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I am dealing with reality of situation.And that hints at ending of OT cast for most part.Certinly no other trilogy with them.
Yeah but come on, psylockolussus just said he (or she) WANTS more OT, and we all know psylockolussus likes the OT. He's not arguing or debating this time around.

Part of this is just me getting tired of the hostility on here lately, so sorry if I jumped on u about it.

Old 11-27-2013, 11:06 PM   #905
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Yeah but come on, psylockolussus just said he (or she) WANTS more OT, and we all know psylockolussus likes the OT.
I don't have to say much, do I? Its a writing on psylockolussus' wall.

Old 11-27-2013, 11:12 PM   #906
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I never said I didn't want anything with the OT cast again after DOFP.But,that's starting to look as likely as a live action Buffy/Angel reunion,a Star Trek tv show In Post star Trek
Nemesis,a Smallville reunion,or another Underworld film.

As for cyclops and Jean apart from possable cameos at end of DOFP they are may to have to wait till they are recast for teenage versions.

Old 11-30-2013, 07:54 PM   #907
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
I never said I didn't want anything with the OT cast again after DOFP.But,that's starting to look as likely as a live action Buffy/Angel reunion,a Star Trek tv show In Post star Trek
Nemesis,a Smallville reunion,or another Underworld film.

As for cyclops and Jean apart from possable cameos at end of DOFP they are may to have to wait till they are recast for teenage versions.
It's just bizarre that you believe this. The OT cast are back after 13 years, and there was no difficulty gathering them up. They are clearly up for more, and the buzz around the film suggests the fans are too.

Why are you sure that this won't happen again?

(I'd love a Buffy film tbh)

Old 12-01-2013, 12:37 AM   #908
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

^Because clearly Fox is taking the Star Trek 09 route.

After this film, people would want to see more from the OT cast especially if the film performs massive next year.

And by the way, the OT cast is back after 8 years, not 13 years.

Old 12-01-2013, 05:52 AM   #909
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
^Because clearly Fox is taking the Star Trek 09 route.
Except they are absolutely not. Star Trek '09 rebooted an old story with an entirely new cast. This is far more complex and features no recasting at all.

Old 12-01-2013, 08:44 AM   #910
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
Except they are absolutely not. Star Trek '09 rebooted an old story with an entirely new cast. This is far more complex and features no recasting at all.
Except if rumored ending Is being interpted correctly they are erasing all history and contunity with regards to original cast.That fits the defentation of reboot.
Plus It opens the door for them to carry on with FC cast and start bringing in new versions of characters from other film with no regard of their age In Trilogy.

Old 12-01-2013, 08:50 AM   #911
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Except if rumored ending Is being interpted correctly they are erasing all history and contunity with regards to original cast.That fits the defentation of reboot.
Plus It opens the door for them to carry on with FC cast and start bringing in new versions of characters from other film with no regard of their age In Trilogy.
Except the difference is the rebooted Star Trek is still set in the future, everything is NEW to the audiences. Why would we want to watch an X-Men series set in the past? When X-Men is about the not too distant future? Maybe one more set in the 80s but that's it. And they're not going to jump to the future with new actors playing these characters. It's ridiculous to think the producers and Bryan Singer are that stupid.

Old 12-01-2013, 08:51 AM   #912
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
you are the only person who can't see beyond that ending, its not actually that tough, i dunno if you re trying to start arguements by convincing people the OT will be replaced and trying to get a reaction but overall it doesn't restrict anything

Old 12-01-2013, 09:12 AM   #913
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
you are the only person who can't see beyond that ending, its not actually that tough, i dunno if you re trying to start arguements by convincing people the OT will be replaced and trying to get a reaction but overall it doesn't restrict anything
How many times have people In past here argured with me In past on a reboot or trek 2009 like situation? Now that rumors suggest there Is going to be a
Trek 2009 like situation they are trying to deny that

If they wanted to carry on with OT cast logicly they would keep at least some things the GA saw In Trilogy Intact.That's not what rumored ending,If Interpted
correctly,Is hinting at.

People also forget those who run studios can be predicable and want to copy others.That's why we had reboots like crazy.That's why they are trying to turn
every big film Into 3-d.Them wanting to do the trek way would fit their thinking.

And when I make comments against that others disagree with me and thought It was good idea.Now that I make comments saying they appear to get what
they want,and I get attacked

Old 12-01-2013, 09:49 AM   #914
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful!

Yeah, it's really nothing like Trek in any way... and I know far more about the film than I should.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #915
xrs13
Cold as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Bamfer View Post
Yeah, it's really nothing like Trek in any way... and I know far more about the film than I should.
care to share with those who want to know ?

Old 12-01-2013, 10:05 AM   #916
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful!

I've shared too much as it is.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:06 AM   #917
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
I leave the door open that what goes down In 1973 may make the rumored ending interpted out of context

If your going to do time travel In long running franchise and talk about changing things and audence is leaked ending
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
where villain of series Is side by side with heroes in ending
some would think most of films were being
wiped away by time travel.

It's the post DOFP films where the problems will really arise if the ending Is
Interpted correctly.

Putting teenage Cyclops and Jean In FC3 set in 1970's or 1980's creates conflict with ages In Trilogy.And if
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Time travel causes magneto to never be a villain except for what he did at end of first class
who knows what would happen In FC3.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:06 AM   #918
xrs13
Cold as ice

D: this is why I hate being told "I know things" It just makes me want to know more and then I am like _ when you say nope.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:10 AM   #919
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
D: this is why I hate being told "I know things" It just makes me want to know more and then I am like _ when you say nope.
It's not as if I'm teasing anyone - look at my posts in this forum. Hell, I dropped the ball on the "rumored ending". I've given details and have been scolded for it.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #920
xrs13
Cold as ice

I know :P its just me wanting to know all haha

Old 12-01-2013, 10:15 AM   #921
Farren
Side Kicker

Quote:
It's not as if I'm teasing anyone - look at my posts in this forum. Hell, I dropped the ball on the "rumored ending". I've given details and have been scolded for it.
You're the one who brought it up.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:36 AM   #922
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful!

Quote:
You're the one who brought it up.
True, but only to back up my point.

Old 12-01-2013, 11:26 AM   #923
PhoenixRogue
Side-Kick

Quote:

May I know how you know things ?

Do you know anything about Rogue if yes will I be dissapointed by her role or not ?

Old 12-01-2013, 12:02 PM   #924
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRogue View Post
May I know how you know things ?

Do you know anything about Rogue if yes will I be dissapointed by her role or not ?
Connections. While none of it can be 100% confirmed, a lot of what I've been told has been backed up by what's been released.

From what I know, if you compare her role in this film to that of TLS, it won't disappoint.

Last edited by The Original Bamfer; 12-01-2013 at 02:11 PM.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:15 PM   #925
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Connections. While none of it can be 100% confirmed, a lot of what I've been told has been backed up by what's been released.

From what I know, if you compare her role in this film to that of TLS, it's won't disappoint.
Rogue's part was laregly ilrelvent to Last Stand.A lot of so called love triangle
between her,Iceman,and Kitty was left on cutting room floor.

Here despite the limited amount of time Anna had to film her scenes she is
crutical to storyline In 2023 with sentinles,and she serves a purpose.

Closed Thread