The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 05:16 AM   #126
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Wolverine has to take a break.He eclipses all his companions.

Ciclops,Phoenix & Storm deserve to shine in this movie.His powers are much more spectacular than Logan.

Old 07-19-2013, 08:47 AM   #127
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison Blaire View Post

Ciclops,Phoenix & Storm deserve to shine in this movie.His powers are much more spectacular than Logan.
I wouldn't bet on Wolverine taking a break.

If time travel gives them an excuse to make some changes from Last Stand It's very likely that will bring Cyclops back.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:44 AM   #128
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWayneP View Post
That's a good bet. At least in some fashion. I'm not expecting even a speaking role, but I'd love to see him, perhaps at the end. I don't think signer was done with his character before he was inexplicably killed off.

Plus doesn't Singer love Marsden lol. They can keep secrets.
A part of me likes to think that Singer had intended for Jean's romantic subplot for the third film to be primarily with Scott as opposed to being with Wolverine like it was in TLS due to X2 ending with Wolverine saying that Jean picked Scott and how they were the ones to have more of an emotional goodbye.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:53 AM   #129
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
A part of me likes to think that Singer had intended for Jean's romantic subplot for the third film to be primarily with Scott as opposed to being with Wolverine like it was in TLS due to X2 ending with Wolverine saying that Jean picked Scott and how they were the ones to have more of an emotional goodbye.
Yeah. I would hope that in maybe a future X-movie that Singer could give us the Jean/Cyclops story he was planning on doing.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:04 AM   #130
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
Yeah. I would hope that in maybe a future X-movie that Singer could give us the Jean/Cyclops story he was planning on doing.
sadly X3 made jean seem more like wolverines love interest and i'm worried that the wolverine will take that even further

we probably seen more tension between jean and wolverine, so it would be harder then you think to bring jean and scott back and not have the audience thinking she should be with wolverine because of this love story that was forced into X3

i always thought the best way to showcase jean and scott relationship would be in FC3 and actually show us why jean loved scott, what got them together, set a template with an actually love story for them 2, because poor marsdens role was pretty much the same as it was in superman returns and thats the middle guy

Old 07-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #131
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
sadly X3 made jean seem more like wolverines love interest and i'm worried that the wolverine will take that even further

we probably seen more tension between jean and wolverine, so it would be harder then you think to bring jean and scott back and not have the audience thinking she should be with wolverine because of this love story that was forced into X3

i always thought the best way to showcase jean and scott relationship would be in FC3 and actually show us why jean loved scott, what got them together, set a template with an actually love story for them 2, because poor marsdens role was pretty much the same as it was in superman returns and thats the middle guy
Well to be fair, I think the only elements that x3 had that were from Singer's original design was the Phoenix concept and even that was badly translated.

Old 07-19-2013, 11:15 PM   #132
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison Blaire View Post

Thats just not a good idea. Whether you like or not, Wolverine / Hugh Jackman is the biggest draw of this series and I feel like for the mainstream viewers, X-Men wouldn't be complete without Wolverine.

"Will you control that power or let it control you?" - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 07-20-2013, 05:31 AM   #133
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

That is a mistake,not the main attraction of X-Men.Not even his powers are attractive,Storm makes twister, Phoenix is a bird of fire.

The fans are bored of Logan.In the Chris Claremont's classic comics, Wolverine was not the protagonist.

Storm & Ciclops are the leaders,Check classic covers.

Last edited by Alison Blaire; 07-20-2013 at 05:36 AM.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:34 AM   #134
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Old 07-20-2013, 02:25 PM   #135
The Guard
Side-Kick

As long as Hugh Jackman is a box office draw, and is Wolverine, I doubt we'll see Wolverine taking a backseat.

I'm just hoping for a little bit of "redemption" for Scott in DOFP. The character's best bet is probably in an eventual reboot.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 07-20-2013, 04:02 PM   #136
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

Cyclops is coming back right?

i remember someone posting on Twitter that Marsden was seen in town where they are filming DOFP

Old 07-20-2013, 04:11 PM   #137
Mars123
Side-Kick

Nothing has been confirmed with this one. You're right there was that tweet and he has been rumoured and that's the extent of it as far as I am aware.

The tweet I think allows us to believe he will return

Old 07-20-2013, 04:26 PM   #138
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
As long as Hugh Jackman is a box office draw, and is Wolverine, I doubt we'll see Wolverine taking a backseat.

I'm just hoping for a little bit of "redemption" for Scott in DOFP. The character's best bet is probably in an eventual reboot.
i think the most we can expect is cyclops to have a small role, a few lines and an action scene

Old 07-20-2013, 05:02 PM   #139
TWayneP
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
i think the most we can expect is cyclops to have a small role, a few lines and an action scene
Even so that works for me. I'm honestly scared he won't be in it at all! If he's even in it with no lines I'd be happy. I need to be thrown a bone here. Cyclops can then be worked into future films if he turns out okay after the dusts settles in DOFP.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:55 PM   #140
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I think its either, he appears at the end of DOFP OR they are saving him for the next X-Men movie.

And I think its better if they save him for the next movie, Cyclops/James Marsden would get a lot of attention.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:50 AM   #141
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

has it been officially said cyclops and jean won't be involved?

Old 07-21-2013, 12:35 PM   #142
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Not that I'm aware of. But, in the meantime, I'll be in a corner crying.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:36 PM   #143
DarknessOfDeath
We're badasses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
Not that I'm aware of. But, in the meantime, I'll be in a corner crying.
I second that... I'll be mad and crying like hell with you, Duran Man

Old 07-21-2013, 12:37 PM   #144
Mars123
Side-Kick

One interesting point....if Lauren Schuler Donner was an xmen she said jean grey.....that means (or I think it means) the character will be used in future projects maybe DOFP Or maybe the next one as she clearly loves. Character!

Old 07-21-2013, 12:37 PM   #145
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Well Lucas till wasn't at the panel either so they could still appear

Old 07-21-2013, 11:45 PM   #146
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I think its safe that the ones who didn't attend the panel are the ones who have a smaller role in the movie. So if Famke Jannsen/James Marsden are in the movie, their role will be small or a cameo.

Old 07-22-2013, 05:34 AM   #147
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

They are a surprise for now.

Old 07-22-2013, 06:02 AM   #148
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

I wouldn't expect them to play a key role anyway. The film is loaded as it is. Still rooting for a reveal that they are alive and kicking at the film's close. I'm fine with that, I'll wait for another round if it means Cyclops will have a role to play.

Old 07-22-2013, 06:56 AM   #149
the_scream
Side-Kick

Not sure if anyone has posted this but when Singer was asked about Cyclops and Jean returning, he said 'Who wouldn’t? Who wouldn’t? [Laughing] That’s all I can say.'

Sounds promising.

Old 07-22-2013, 06:59 AM   #150
Project862006
Banned User

you know what logan said to cyclops when he wanted to return??

Closed Thread