The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 07:41 AM   #151
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison Blaire View Post
They are a surprise for now.
There is simply no way you put them on the panel. It would be THE spoiler as far as giving away a potential conclusion to the story. My guess is that they come back in the corrected timeline to kick Sentinel. I don't see it being relegated to a cameo at the end, but the role will probably be 10-15 minutes tops if that's the case. Hopefully leading to Cyclops return in a full blown X-Men 4 in 2017 or 2018 following X-Force.

Last edited by Mr.M; 07-22-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:59 AM   #152
antonydelfini
Quiver

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

My guess is that it's gonna end with Logan returning to the future with Jean and Scott alive, hopefully Nightcrawler is there too. Then hopefully, Deadpool Cable Logan etc will headline XForce while Cyclops Jean Storm etc will continue the Xmen brand. Hopefully

Old 07-22-2013, 08:06 AM   #153
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonydelfini View Post
My guess is that it's gonna end with Logan returning to the future with Jean and Scott alive, hopefully Nightcrawler is there too. Then hopefully, Deadpool Cable Logan etc will headline XForce while Cyclops Jean Storm etc will continue the Xmen brand. Hopefully
your banking to much on these actors being happy to come back for an end cameo, probably won't happen

i think if singer brought them back he would have to give them a good reason to be there and actually use there powers, for the fans sake and for the actors sake for traveling that way to do it

Old 07-22-2013, 09:01 AM   #154
Project862006
Banned User

pretty sure marsden and famke would die for quality work these days especially big budget super hero work

Old 07-22-2013, 09:13 AM   #155
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Marsden is not a big name and is very loyal to Singer. He would do this as a favor to Singer, and exposure. It's a win, win. Same with Famke. Why did she come back for The Wolverine? Halle is another story, but she needed exposure and she's getting a bulkier role. I don't think Storm comes back to the franchise unless she headlines the next installment as the older female lead. Jackman might do a smaller, supporting role, just to mask his age and get off the brutal regimine. He's just that passionate about the character, but I don't see how he can maintain this level much longer.

If DoFP is successful, like uber successful, I could see another three X-Men films in the span of 4-5 years. X-Force in 2016, FC 3 or X-4 in 2017, or X-4/5 in 2017 and 2018, with Fox scrapping their FF plans. Such a demanding slate would require them to sell FF back to fund X-Men, and I think that is absolutely the right move. That way they could get the OT back for one if not two more films and call it a day. Still don't bet on it and planning on DoFP being the last movie with the OT cast. I don't believe Fox thinks Marsden can anchor an X-Men tentpole; they'd need players like Jackman and Halle rounding out the ensemble cast

Last edited by Mr.M; 07-22-2013 at 09:51 AM.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:18 AM   #156
Double B
Side-Kick

Surely Fantastic Four is dead now? I mean, Comic Con was the perfect opportunity to make some sort of announcement, a logo, anything - even if it hasn't been cast yet.

And yes, both James and Famke would be there like a shot for a cameo to re-establish their characters and open the door for future sequels. Both have a huge affection for the franchise, their characters and the creative team.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:31 AM   #157
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

a cyclops end cameo would be pointless, it would be underwhelming for fans who lets be honest we wanna see him fight sentinels and not just appear at the end, and it wouldn't be enough to even get marsden back for it because there is no where to go with an end cameo, yeah marsden may be loyal to singer but surely singer would be loyal enough to marsden to realise when bringing him back for a few min would be a waste

truth be told you wouldn't even need to get him back at all, just have a scene where storm walks in and says professor scott wants to see you, wow that means cyclops is back

Old 07-22-2013, 09:37 AM   #158
Angamb
Banned User

seriously? lol

so you think a simple quote would be more epic than to see James Marsden dressed as Cyclops at the end?

you must be kidding, right?

MOST fans would get sooo excited to see him at the end, even if its just during 5 seconds. His return is something most fans have been waiting since X3, so even if he only appears at the end, that would be more than enough to get everyone happy for next sequel.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:45 AM   #159
kasjan
Side-Kick

Marsden was in Montreal the same time as Halle. Cyclops will have his time in this movie, book it.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:48 AM   #160
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
seriously? lol

so you think a simple quote would be more epic than to see James Marsden dressed as Cyclops at the end?

you must be kidding, right?

MOST fans would get sooo excited to see him at the end, even if its just during 5 seconds. His return is something most fans have been waiting since X3, so even if he only appears at the end, that would be more than enough to get everyone happy for next sequel.
yeah it would be underwhelming for fans, he was never fleshed out in the films, a large part of the audience won't care sadly, maybe large group of fans who read the comics and know the character in and out will care, but singer has said each character has a part in the story so why bring marsden back for cameo like hey he will be in the next film yay whenever that is, marsden deserves more and i'm sure singer knows that, cyclops isn't the nick fury of the X-men universe setting up something bigger, it would be a waste for fans, the story, marsden and the character

Old 07-22-2013, 09:49 AM   #161
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post
Marsden was in Montreal the same time as Halle. Cyclops will have his time in this movie, book it.
i honestly think time travel will bring him back and he will fight sentinels, perhaps not a big role but enough to warren marsdens return

but maybe i'm wrong and he won't be seen at all

Old 07-22-2013, 09:53 AM   #162
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
yeah it would be underwhelming for fans, he was never fleshed out in the films, a large part of the audience won't care sadly, maybe large group of fans who read the comics and know the character in and out will care, but singer has said each character has a part in the story so why bring marsden back for cameo like hey he will be in the next film yay whenever that is, marsden deserves more and i'm sure singer knows that, cyclops isn't the nick fury of the X-men universe setting up something bigger, it would be a waste for fans, the story, marsden and the character
you thinking showing cyclops returning at the end of the movie is underwhelming

yet you suggest we have a scene with storm saying scott is here to see you professor?? how is that not underwhelming

common rule of film and screen writing show dont tell keep exposition very low aswell

Old 07-22-2013, 10:00 AM   #163
Double B
Side-Kick

And in regards to cameos, Hugh Jackman showed up in FC for all of ten seconds. Screentime has nothing to do with it when the actor is willing, has an affection for the franchise, and is getting $$$.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:02 AM   #164
Mr.M
Side-Kick

You just wonder what the end game is here. Obviously it's looking like an Age of Apocalypse at some point, but what characters are going to be central to that adaptation. Will the good Phoenix have to return and to defeat him? Will Cyclops be instrumental, or maybe their offspring? There is really no other reason to have them in this film in a "more than cameo" role if that wasn't the case. A cameo alone just leaves it open to possibilities, but doesn't guarantee we see those characters again in the future. Something more substantial would hint at bigger plans in the future. Reason to be optimistic of an X-4 with Scott/Jean.

Last edited by Mr.M; 07-22-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:03 AM   #165
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
you thinking showing cyclops returning at the end of the movie is underwhelming

yet you suggest we have a scene with storm saying scott is here to see you professor?? how is that not underwhelming

common rule of film and screen writing show dont tell keep exposition very low aswell
if you show cyclops for a cameo at the end which gives nothing to the plot but kinda treating him like he will set off this buzz, its a waste for the character who deserves better and for marsden who deserves better and i think singer knows that if your gonna bring characters in then give them something to do

while a cameo would be just for fans it would pretty much be like...

some fans: yay

other fans: huh is that all we see of him?

audiences: huh? whose he? ohh the guy with the glasses i remember

you could easy skip the cameo and just mention his name to show he is alive, an end cameo would be a waste for this character, he could still be in the next film

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 07-22-2013 at 10:29 AM.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:06 AM   #166
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double B View Post
And in regards to cameos, Hugh Jackman showed up in FC for all of ten seconds. Screentime has nothing to do with it when the actor is willing, has an affection for the franchise, and is getting $$$.
tbf he has an awesome cameo, they actually made his cameo special because they couldnt waste his character that everyone knows

Old 07-22-2013, 10:08 AM   #167
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
You just wonder what the end game is here. Obviously it's looking like an Age of Apocalypse at some point, but what characters are going to be central to that adaptation. Will the good Phoenix have to return and to defeat him? Will Cyclops be instrumental, or maybe their offspring? There is really no other reason to have them in this film in a "more than cameo" role if that wasn't the case. A cameo alone just leaves it open to possibilities, but doesn't guarantee we see those characters again in the future. Something more substantial would hint at bigger plans in the future. Reason to be optimistic of an X-4 with Scott/Jean.
you would need this film to reintroduce his character, show audiences why he is cool, remind us who he is before you could bring him in to another film

maybe not for comic book readers but casual audiences

he has been pretty screwed over in past films, storm has taken leader role, wolverine has taken his love interest at least in the eyes of non-comic book readers, his origin has been lazy mixed with wolverines origin film which i wouldn't mind if time travel contradicted

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 07-22-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:16 AM   #168
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Famke has had many successes this year,Hemlock Grove,Taken 2,Hansel & Gretel,and now The Wolverine.And L'Oreal spot.

Lauren Shuler wants her back,I'm sure Bryan too.They know she is awesome on the screen,I'm sure will bring back.

She has many fans,she has a stunt double in this movie.Some fans have said they have seen Famke in the Montreal Metro.

Phoenix always rises from the ashes,we need the Firebird.

Last edited by Alison Blaire; 07-22-2013 at 10:30 AM.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:16 AM   #169
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
if you show cyclops for a cameo at the end which gives nothing to the plot but kinda treating him like he will set off this buzz, its a waste for the character who deserves better and for marsden who deserves better and i think singer knows that if your gonna bring characters in then give them something to do

while a cameo would be just for fans

some fans: yay

other fans: huh is that all we see of him?

audiences: huh? whose he? ohh the guy with the glasses i remember

you could easy skip the cameo and just mention his name to show he is alive, an end cameo would be a waste for this character
his character has already been wasted and has been off screen for 7 years if patrick and famke have no problem doing cameos in origins and the wolverine and even jackman did a cameo in first class dont see how it is a waste

Old 07-22-2013, 10:25 AM   #170
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
his character has already been wasted and has been off screen for 7 years if patrick and famke have no problem doing cameos in origins and the wolverine and even jackman did a cameo in first class dont see how it is a waste
well patrick and jackman play well known characters that most audiences know and famke sounds like she has a pretty decent role in the wolverine

cyclops has been wasted, like i said his leader role has been taken, his love interest has been taken, his origin was screwed with wolverines, his role in X-men 2 was reduced incredibly and even more so with X3 where he was killed off

where is the buzz? want a buzz give him something cool to do

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 07-22-2013 at 10:30 AM.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:32 AM   #171
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double B View Post
Surely Fantastic Four is dead now? I mean, Comic Con was the perfect opportunity to make some sort of announcement, a logo, anything - even if it hasn't been cast yet.
Fantastic Four probably isn't coming out until 2015 - it wouldn't make any sense for them to announce any sort of casting or plans at this years Comic-Con.

Same thing for X-Force and the reason why Marvel also didn't announce anything for Ant-Man, Black Panther, Doctor Strange and whatnot. It's still early in the game.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:33 AM   #172
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

fantastic 4 will still be made, Fox wouldn't let that one go

Old 07-22-2013, 10:47 AM   #173
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
well patrick and jackman play well known characters that most audiences know and famke sounds like she has a pretty decent role in the wolverine

cyclops has been wasted, like i said his leader role has been taken, his love interest has been taken, his origin was screwed with wolverines, his role in X-men 2 was reduced incredibly and even more so with X3 where he was killed off

where is the buzz? want a buzz give him something cool to do
you are acting like cyclops is toad making a cameo while scott got shortchanged a bit he was still in the first 3 x men movies and given enough substantial material and screen time to not be forgotten and cyclops is a very popular character to some he is their fav. x men

Old 07-22-2013, 11:03 AM   #174
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
you are acting like cyclops is toad making a cameo while scott got shortchanged a bit he was still in the first 3 x men movies and given enough substantial material and screen time to not be forgotten and cyclops is a very popular character to some he is their fav. x men
Yeah he is my favourite character along with beast and iceman, but he has never been that character in the X films

Marsden and famke deserve to come back and do something worth there time, even if its an extended cameo with something cool to do, but I kinda don't see us spending alot of time in the new timeline created, I can see it being short, if not barely seen at all

And i just can see singer wanting to give marsden and famke something to do, rather then calling them up and saying hey come do a standing few line cameo to set up the next film where I promise you will get more to do...

Even colossus got something to do in his cameo in X2 no one knew who he was but it was a cool cameo, and wolverines cameo was cool and memorable and had one of the best lines and audiences know who he is, aswell as xavier cameo in Origins which was support to be cool and audiences know who he is, while cyclops is different he is probably one of the least used main characters in these films and it wouldn't even be a cool cameo just there to get a woop from a fan base who may be left disappointed by lack of screen time he had or may be happy with what we got

I do think you would need more, for audiences, for marsden, for fans, for the character, and same with jean

But I'm done talking about it now

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 07-22-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:33 AM   #175
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
I cant believe this discussion is even happening. another slow news day I guess, lol

a Cyclops cameo not having a real impact on DOFP? are we really discussing this? this board still surprises me

anyway.... see you in other topics

Closed Thread