The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #201
icekid
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
There's been a number of reviews that say that the Jean sequences look cheesy.

I'll be catching the movie tomorrow.
It wasn't necessarily cheesy but they took you out of the film in some instances. It wasn't bad, it served a specific purpose.

Old 07-24-2013, 05:39 PM   #202
SterlingDee
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWayneP View Post
Famke looked friggin gorgeous in The Wolverine. Like better than she's looked since x1/2. I was stunned! I guess she had a lot of makeup/possible cg enhancements, but by golly...

SO much better than how she looked for X3.
Famke was really skinny during X3 and she had a bit of gauntness in the face. Like many actresses her age, Famke uses fillers (sparingly). She has started to get more fillers in the lower half of her face since coming back from her 2+ yr break to direct (as we age, our faces lose volume so many women choose to have this volume replaced artificially).

Have you seen her in Hansel & Gretel - she looked amazing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKDr0g69-j8

I think Famke is a fine example of aging gracefully with a bit of help from cosmetic procedures.

Old 07-24-2013, 06:54 PM   #203
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Famke talks about her projects,X-men DOFP,The Wolverine...

http://www.superherohype.com/feature...-famke-janssen

Old 07-24-2013, 06:56 PM   #204
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

I just watched an ad for "The Butler," and James Marsden plays JFK!

Old 07-24-2013, 06:57 PM   #205
TWayneP
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by icekid View Post
It wasn't necessarily cheesy but they took you out of the film in some instances. It wasn't bad, it served a specific purpose.
The jean sequences were some of my favorite scenes. They weren't cheesy at all. They were chilling. I love jean.

Old 07-25-2013, 12:41 AM   #206
icekid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWayneP View Post
The jean sequences were some of my favorite scenes. They weren't cheesy at all. They were chilling. I love jean.
Jean herself was chilling, how she interacted with wolverine was fantastic! Im just thinking one instance that could be thought as such
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Her appearance on the balcony of the love hotel
that could be viewed as "cheesy". I love Jean, I just really wish she had more time to film, but that couldn't happen due to Hemlock Grove (which I love! She needs to be back for season 2, somehow!)

Old 07-25-2013, 01:27 AM   #207
TWayneP
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by icekid View Post
Jean herself was chilling, how she interacted with wolverine was fantastic! Im just thinking one instance that could be thought as such
Her appearance on the balcony of the love hotel
that could be viewed as "cheesy". I love Jean, I just really wish she had more time to film, but that couldn't happen due to Hemlock Grove (which I love! She needs to be back for season 2, somehow!)
What! I loved that particular jean appearance. I wasn't expecting it lol. Well I didn't think any of her appearances were cheesy. It was so awesomely comicbook like. I think her time was perfect because her appearances were rather unexpected, just by the time you forget about her, she appears to have a say on the situation heheh.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:29 AM   #208
CB Fan
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsSummers View Post
I prefer more Marvel anime X-men and Wolverine&the X-men animated than X-men movies. You want to see THE BEST OF Cyclops go watch these series
The issue with Cyclops in the films is that they didn't even try to develop him beyond a boring boy scout, is Scott a boy scout? Yes, but he also is a badass that can do more than just shoot lasers from his eyes. The only time we get close to seeing Scott in some real action is in X2 when he's fighting the guards at the prison and even then he ends up getting knocked out by Deathstrike.

Old 07-25-2013, 03:34 AM   #209
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

And that scene played out that way because of Marsden's insistence to Singer.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:39 AM   #210
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Jean has 5 scenes in The Wolverine!

I counted!

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 07-26-2013, 03:07 PM   #211
darkangel
Side-Kick

I'm watching some Famke's interview and she is keep saying that she has no phone calls to play in DoFP.
But if you remember some months ago when they asked her if she is playing in The Wolverine she was also denying...
Dont know what to believe

Old 07-27-2013, 02:32 PM   #212
The Batman
The Dark Knight

After watching The Wolverine...the film fan in me liked Jean's role and what she represented.

The comic book/cyclops fan in me, however...sigh, lol.

Old 07-27-2013, 02:45 PM   #213
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
After watching The Wolverine...the film fan in me liked Jean's role and what she represented.

The comic book/cyclops fan in me, however...sigh, lol.
Yah part of me think Its gonna be very hard to convince audiences deep down that she is cyclops love interest again

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 07-27-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:49 PM   #214
Mars123
Side-Kick

Oh know! This doesn't bode well for cyclops!

Old 07-27-2013, 03:15 PM   #215
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

It was sooooooooooooo good seeing Jean in The White Room! Very nice and subtle example of fan service.

Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.

Old 07-27-2013, 05:48 PM   #216
theShape
Creature of Darkness

I understand Wolverine mourning Jean and feeling guilty of what he had to do to her, but her appearances in The Wolverine just make Wolverine look insane. I understand it's all in his head, but she never even loved him. He just comes off as an obsessive weirdo.

Old 07-27-2013, 06:07 PM   #217
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

The whole jean thing was in his head, saying basically what he wanted to hear

Old 07-27-2013, 06:08 PM   #218
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
The whole jean thing was in his head, saying basically what he wanted to hear
Obviously. Doesn't make him any less of a loser, lol

Still liked the movie a lot.

Old 07-27-2013, 06:20 PM   #219
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

I thought Famke's appearance as Jean was interesting. Was a bit sceptical about it at first because of the mishandling of the Cyclops/Jean dynamic throughout the x-men films, but it played out rather well I thought.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:16 PM   #220
Lightning Strykez!

In those scenes, Jean was behaving as the Dark Phoenix as shown in X3:TLS. That closeted version of Jean DOES have an almost primal attraction to Logan and perhaps there may even be some love there too.

So I don't believe these scenes were a figment of Logan's imagination. I think he was dealing with the Phoenix of the White Crown. And yes, I know that none of these FOX films have been sophisticated enough to really portray the full range of the Phoenix's powers, but look at it this way: Xavier survived her. Is it really all that far-fetched to believe that the ONLY Class 5 Mutant on earth could survive a stab to the stomach and transcend space and time like Xavier clearly has done?

Think about it people. This is a new game.

Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:27 PM   #221
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
In those scenes, Jean was behaving as the Dark Phoenix as shown in X3:TLS. That closeted version of Jean DOES have an almost primal attraction to Logan and perhaps there may even be some love there too.

So I don't believe these scenes were a figment of Logan's imagination. I think he was dealing with the Phoenix of the White Crown. And yes, I know that none of these FOX films have been sophisticated enough to really portray the full range of the Phoenix's powers, but look at it this way: Xavier survived her. Is it really all that far-fetched to believe that the ONLY Class 5 Mutant on earth could survive a stab to the stomach and transcend space and time like Xavier clearly has done?

Think about it people. This is a new game.
Gotta love white Phoenix trying to convince Logan to die saying he an be with her then, Scott is dead I wonder if he is with her? Oh wait she said she all alone.. Hmm... Or was it all Logan wanted was to be with jean and he see what he wanted to see... Hmm

Honestly I think its wishful thinking, it actually makes more sense she was part of his imagination

Old 07-27-2013, 08:33 PM   #222
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Personally I think all the White Pheonix talk is just reaching. Mangold could very well have purposefully made a reference to it in those moments, but I seriously doubt it's anything more than an easter egg at best.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:38 PM   #223
Lightning Strykez!

This is science fiction and comic book fantasy gentlemen. There's no such thing as "reaching" in this genre of film. Even if it sounds ridiculous.

Yes, it's true it could be nothing more than fan service. But it could also be a door that opens to many other possibilities: the fact that Jean said she was all alone in that place could also signify that Scott has also survived the events of X3. Remember, this is NOT the first time that "dead" Jean has communicated with the living in the X-Men movie-verse: she did it once before in X2 and also once again in X3 (when she lured Scott to Alkali Lake in the first place).

I'm not ruling out that it was all in his head. However, FOX & Co. would be foolish not to capitalize on building a bridge between The Wolverine and the upcoming Days Of Future Past. These multiple appearances by Jean, Professor X, Storm and Magneto in The Wolverine are simply not coincidental--they are drawing a correlation--and they didn't need Jean to make it clear. Think about it: they could've made a DoFP connection to The Wolverine without featuring Jean at all. Her appearance served a purpose and I think it goes way beyond what's in Logan's "head": they are priming the fans for something bigger.

Last edited by Lightning Strykez!; 07-27-2013 at 08:45 PM.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:41 PM   #224
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
This is science fiction and comic book fantasy gentlemen. There's no such thing as "reaching" in this genre of film.

Yes, it's true it could be nothing more than fan service. But it could also be a door that opens to many other possibilities: the fact that Jean said she was all alone in that place could also signify that Scott has also survived the events of X3. Remember, this is NOT the first time that Jean has communicated with the living in the X-Men movie-verse: she did it once before in X2 and also once again in X3 (when she lured Scott to Alkali Lake in the first place).
Your looking to hard into all this

Old 07-27-2013, 08:47 PM   #225
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
Your looking to hard into all this
Either that, or you're simply not looking hard enough.

Time will tell the tale when Days Of Future Past is released. Then we'll know for sure if this is all just "reaching" for naught. I have a feeling we're going to look back on this conversation a year from now and one of us will be wrong.

And of course, it won't be me, so...

Closed Thread