Banned User

Default Re: Supernatural: Season 9

show is plenty dark enough

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:40 PM   #202
Orb
Lord of Demons

Okay so great episode tonight. Loved everything with Cass and I hope Bart sticks around. Next episode looks over-the-top fun!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Batman V Superman
Dawn of Justice
Orb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:34 AM   #203
ravn0s
Side-Kick

guess i was right about the chick.

ravn0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:57 PM   #204
X-Ray
Ippiki-ookami

Bit of a mess last night.

Apparently reapers are now visible to anyone. Both living and dead. Which sucks because that took away their uniqueness. They're angels now too which makes no sense as to how they can track Cas. Bart said angels couldn't track him because of a ward.

So Cas' ward tattoo broke when he died. Now he can't stay because of it. Okay, so what about the brothers' anti-possession tattoo & rib cage engravings? I really don't see a problem here. Just get a Cas a new tattoo. He got it on the cheap for chump change. So-called problem solved.

The random woman just taking in a homeless home to **** was funny. Knew something was wrong with her.

1999-2012

Miss you little buddy

X-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:07 PM   #205
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orb View Post
Okay so great episode tonight. Loved everything with Cass and I hope Bart sticks around. Next episode looks over-the-top fun!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
... huh.

This isn't a value judgement, but the show's a lot weirder than it used to be.

Old 10-23-2013, 01:39 PM   #206
Ken-Kaniff
Blue Steel!

I gotta say the latest episode was great too! I love how they handled Cas dealing with his humanity and his connection with a woman! Bart is a cool villain (I just hope that Abaddon will be the main baddie this season tho) however, one thing I was disappointed with, especially since he was supposed to be a "regular" this season, is that Ezekiel doesn't want to be near Cass, so he might not stick with the boys! It could've been fun: Sam, Dean, Cass, Kevin, Charlie, Garth all working together in the bunker and even go hunting together! Not to mention the jokes!

Very solid season start though, we got 3 great episodes already imo! As for the upcoming ep, looks like it's gonna be one of those "weird" SPN episodes, but for once, the WITCH looks straight out of a horror movie, instead of a regular person! I like that and even though I'm not a Charlie fan, the eps with her were always alotta fun! Excited.

Last edited by Ken-Kaniff; 10-23-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Ken-Kaniff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:30 PM   #207
Kar
Side-Kick

This episode is giving me a season 3 feel, only with angels instead of demons which is perfectly fine. I say this only cause the angels are scattered around and organizing like the demons were in 3 after being freed in 2. Bartholomew is cool and I love how he's using people's faiths and the pastor to go about his agenda. Smart. I just hope they can keep him having a religious leader feel as opposed to the whole corporate manager feel they seem so fond of pinning on the angels. Takes away from their "biblical-ness".

The whole reaper thing doesn't sit well with me. The reapers are getting cheesier and cheesier to me now. I don't like the whole coyote/bounty hunter angle, but I guess its kinda cool seeing the type of pull the angels really have in the supernatural world.

I really liked this episode but didn't like the ending, only cause it really looked sad watching Cas hear "you can't stay here". Also, how ****ed up is Sam that Zeke healed/revived Castiel but is still working on Sam?

Kar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:36 PM   #208
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

If Bart turns the angels into any more of a business enterprise it will feel like a rehash of the leviathan.

Llama_Shepherd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:02 PM   #209
iamlegend
Que es eso?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Ray View Post
Bit of a mess last night.

Apparently reapers are now visible to anyone. Both living and dead. Which sucks because that took away their uniqueness. They're angels now too which makes no sense as to how they can track Cas. Bart said angels couldn't track him because of a ward.

So Cas' ward tattoo broke when he died. Now he can't stay because of it. Okay, so what about the brothers' anti-possession tattoo & rib cage engravings? I really don't see a problem here. Just get a Cas a new tattoo. He got it on the cheap for chump change. So-called problem solved.

The random woman just taking in a homeless home to **** was funny. Knew something was wrong with her.
Yeah, the whole thing with Cas is a pretty cheap way of limiting his character's presence on screen (and thus the budget). Which is baffling, since Dean teaching Cas how to be human would be great.

I think we're already seeing WAY too much of Ezekiel. The guy already reeks of his own agenda (to everyone except Dean, obviously), and they should have slow played that a bit more.

And yeah, the Reaper bit is confusing. They used to be complete non-players - and invisible, to boot. Now they can become corporeal at will and go rogue? I didn't think Death would be very keen on his soldiers going off script...

Old 10-23-2013, 05:38 PM   #210
X-Ray
Ippiki-ookami

Another thing about Cas' situation that bugged me. He lived a normal lfe before. So everything shouldn't be a complete surprise to him. The writers be slipping.

1999-2012

Miss you little buddy

Last edited by X-Ray; 10-23-2013 at 06:27 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:26 PM   #211
Orb
Lord of Demons

Well Rogue Reapers were established last season. They use their powers for personal gain by making deals with demons and angels and in order to do so they walk the human word rather than the spirit world so they can be seen. Since they're rogue I'm sure they are hiding from Death and the official reapers as well.
With Cass he was human for a couple of days near the end of season 5 and he had the boys to be with so I would say this was his real experience being human by himself.

Batman V Superman
Dawn of Justice
Orb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:42 PM   #212
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Another thing about Cas' situation that bugged me. He lived a normal lfe before. So everything shouldn't be a complete surprise to him. The writers be slipping.
Actually, this was something that bothered me in the pilot of this year. But I realised when he rebelled against Heaven, it's a different situation. In "The End" we saw a Castiel who was essentially human, he rebelled against Heaven and had no powers, but he still had his grace and could recognise 2009 Dean.

This time Cas has no grace at all., he is merely the mind of Castiel in the body of Jimmy.

Llama_Shepherd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:09 PM   #213
The Question

Quote:
Apparently reapers are now visible to anyone. Both living and dead.
I don't know about the guy who was tailing Sam and Dean, but the female Reaper at the end outright stated that she was possessing a human body.

Quote:
They're angels now too which makes no sense as to how they can track Cas.
No they're not. When was it said that they were Angels?

The reason Bartholomew hired them was because they weren't angels.

Quote:
That's not what happened. Ezekiel was saying that even with his warding tattoo, they still managed to find him and almost kill him. He wasn't saying the tattoo doesn't work anymore, he was saying that the tattoo isn't enough and the angels looking for him are going to find a way around it eventually because they already did once.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:37 PM   #214
Kar
Side-Kick

When did Cas get a warding tattoo? I missed something?

Old 10-23-2013, 09:15 PM   #215
X-Ray
Ippiki-ookami

- True about the female reaper. But for the male reaper it made no sense to tail them in a meat suit.

- That reapers are angels bit wasn't in the episode. It came from a CW exec named Chad Kennedy who oversees the script. He was doing a live Q&A session on twitter last night and stated...

Quote:
reapers have always been angels. That was revealed in a later season - this season we'll see other angels with specializations.
Quote:
we est that reapers were angels some time ago. When the episode ends I'll find the ref or apologize.
He deleted his twitter account after getting heat for saying they would be no Destial (personally I've never heard that term til last night). The actor who plays Kevin came to his defense with a lengthy tweet.

- My mistake.

@ Kar.. when he stopped by the tattoo parlor & pointed to his ribs. Dean confirms it in the end while talking with Zeke.

1999-2012

Miss you little buddy

Old 10-23-2013, 09:19 PM   #216
The Question

Quote:
- True about the female reaper. But for the male reaper it made no sense to tail them in a meat suit.
I guess? I mean, it's the only reason they'd be able to see him, so that's probably what happened. As for why he chose to, I don't know. I also don't really care.

Quote:
- That reapers are angels bit wasn't in the episode. It came from a CW exec named Chad Kennedy who oversees the script. He was doing a live Q&A session on twitter last night and stated...
To my recollection the show has never said that Reapers are a kind of angel. He was probably mistaken.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:27 PM   #217
iamlegend
Que es eso?

Everything else aside, Cas' face when Dean tells him he can't stay was just heartbreaking. Poor guy.

Old 10-24-2013, 01:41 AM   #218
X-Ray
Ippiki-ookami

The least Dean can do is give him a burrito to go & help him set up somewhere.

1999-2012

Miss you little buddy

Old 10-24-2013, 06:54 AM   #219
ravn0s
Side-Kick

Quote:
He deleted his twitter account after getting heat for saying they would be no Destial (personally I've never heard that term til last night). The actor who plays Kevin came to his defense with a lengthy tweet.
bloody shippers are the worst.

ravn0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:32 AM   #220
Genesis 1.0
Thread Overlord's Minion

The phrase human element gets thrown around a lot but this episode really did a masterful job of showcasing the things we take for granted and how they'd be perceived by someone who has never experienced them and they did it in a limited amount of time.

The way Zeke keeps asserting himself, casually taking liberties and now making demands, is getting to be worrying. He started off so well but at the end of the day, he's still an Angel and therefore used to looking down on humanity, guiding them, also known as manipulation. He's known the entire time that dean was searching for Cass but now that they actually have him, he demands that either he leave or he abandon Sam? As I said previously, there is definitely something lurking beneath the surface of that pristine pool of Holy water.

I enjoy Sam's other half thus far, he's a handy ace in the hole now that Cass is temporarily neutralized but he's ****ing up. The issue going forward is that he's blackmailing Dean into forcing Cass out, which will always blow up in your face with Dean. So he'll have outward and barely constrained resentment toward Zeke and it's inevitable that he'll take it out on Sam or there will be enough palpable tension that it's going to get him digging.

Not having Dean with Cass during this transition means forfeiting more moments like this:

The Baltimore Ravens:
Stab N' Grab World Champions

"What is Dead may never Die."
Genesis 1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:06 PM   #221
S. Grundy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravn0s View Post
bloody shippers are the worst.
Yeah, they are pretty terrible. For some reason they need the show to validate their weird little fantasy, and when people involved with the show straight-up tell them that, no the characters aren't gay or bi-sexual, and were never written that way, they lose there ****.

Like right now, if you go look at Guy Bee's Twitter - who is a frequent director on the show - the weirdos are/were attacking him, even though he has jack to do with the writing or production.

S. Grundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:02 PM   #222
The Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Grundy View Post
Yeah, they are pretty terrible. For some reason they need the show to validate their weird little fantasy, and when people involved with the show straight-up tell them that, no the characters aren't gay or bi-sexual, and were never written that way, they lose there ****.

Like right now, if you go look at Guy Bee's Twitter - who is a frequent director on the show - the weirdos are/were attacking him, even though he has jack to do with the writing or production.
I just checked it out and holy mother of God that was one of the worst things I've ever read in my life.

Old 10-24-2013, 05:20 PM   #223
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Shippers are the worst thing to happen to any medium of storytelling ever.

Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:39 PM   #224
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis 1.0 View Post
The phrase human element gets thrown around a lot but this episode really did a masterful job of showcasing the things we take for granted and how they'd be perceived by someone who has never experienced them and they did it in a limited amount of time.

The way Zeke keeps asserting himself, casually taking liberties and now making demands, is getting to be worrying. He started off so well but at the end of the day, he's still an Angel and therefore used to looking down on humanity, guiding them, also known as manipulation. He's known the entire time that dean was searching for Cass but now that they actually have him, he demands that either he leave or he abandon Sam? As I said previously, there is definitely something lurking beneath the surface of that pristine pool of Holy water.

I enjoy Sam's other half thus far, he's a handy ace in the hole now that Cass is temporarily neutralized but he's ****ing up. The issue going forward is that he's blackmailing Dean into forcing Cass out, which will always blow up in your face with Dean. So he'll have outward and barely constrained resentment toward Zeke and it's inevitable that he'll take it out on Sam or there will be enough palpable tension that it's going to get him digging.

Not having Dean with Cass during this transition means forfeiting more moments like this:

I can see this ending up as Zeke eventually just out and out taking over Sam's body hostage and threatening to straight up kill him if Dean doesn't do as he says. Dean will have to reach Sam somehow and they work together to drive zeke out and unleash hell on him.

One thing I really hope happens this seaspn is Crowley comes around and works with the boys to stick it to the angels. And not one where crowley ****s them over but one where he legitimately wants to work with them to **** some angels up. An unlikely alliance like that could be very satisfying to watch. Heck before the show is over I'd like to see a completely reformed crowley.

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:11 PM   #225
Kar
Side-Kick

When I think about it, would Sam REALLY have a problem with an angel inside of him trying to repair him? I mean he drank demon blood for strength, I think he'd be okay with this.