Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Old 07-12-2013, 02:19 PM   #277
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double B View Post
If a solo Magneto film is truly in the works, I would imagine that puts a kibosh on FC3 in any real form. That's not to say that James or Jennifer couldn't make an appearance in the Magneto film, but it would surely be a very different project characterwise and in terms of tone. That would be the only reason they have for making it 'Magneto' rather than FC3 in the first place.

Unless they're hoping to coax Fassbender to sign a new contract.
To make a magneto film they must have a story in mind, like with the wolverine

Old 07-12-2013, 02:22 PM   #278
Angamb
Banned User

love the whole look of that set.

Magneto controling his power to fly/levitate, love it!

I think Bryan will explore this issue in a bigger and more epic way this time around

Old 07-12-2013, 02:22 PM   #279
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
If a solo Magneto film is truly in the works, I would imagine that puts a kibosh on FC3 in any real form. That's not to say that James or Jennifer couldn't make an appearance in the Magneto film, but it would surely be a very different project characterwise and in terms of tone. That would be the only reason they have for making it 'Magneto' rather than FC3 in the first place.

Unless they're hoping to coax Fassbender to sign a new contract.
A solo Magneto movie that is set in the past (as would seem logical) must also mean that the end of DoFP lines the past up with X1. So does this mean that Xavier recruits a younger Jean, Scott and Storm at some point in DoFP?

If centred on Magneto, it would surely be likely to be set either in Genosha or the Savage Land, where Magneto has been based in some comic book stories. Otherwise we would be seeing Magneto hunting Nazis again and that could be a bit repetitive.

I wonder who the opposing force might be. It can't be the X-Men or it would no longer be a solo Magneto movie.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:29 PM   #280
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
A solo Magneto movie that is set in the past (as would seem logical) must also mean that the end of DoFP lines the past up with X1. So does this mean that Xavier recruits a younger Jean, Scott and Storm at some point in DoFP?

If centred on Magneto, it would surely be likely to be set either in Genosha or the Savage Land, where Magneto has been based in some comic book stories. Otherwise we would be seeing Magneto hunting Nazis again and that could be a bit repetitive.

I wonder who the opposing force might be. It can't be the X-Men or it would no longer be a solo Magneto movie.
I still doubt we'll actually get to see young Cyclops/Jean/Storm but the movie maybe ends with bald Xavier on the verge of assembling his X-Men but we don't see it. Because, again, if we see it, it messes up with the ages of all the characters involved if it happens in 1973. This way, if they are actually closing the book on the FC actors in this film, they'll refrain from showing their recruitment and any continuity errors are avoided.

Until today, I wouldn't have counted out a FC 3 set in the 80's as it seemed like one of the next natural steps, but I can't see that and solo Magneto.

Yes, I'm fascinated to know who his antagonist will be as it's the first time they will have moved away from the Xavier/Magneto axis in the filmverse.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:29 PM   #281
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
is that Fassbender? or Helman?

Old 07-12-2013, 02:31 PM   #282
DarknessOfDeath
Something grows dark

JP... i was gonna ask the same thing!.... Helman has more hair at the back of his head than Fassbender who has somewhat of a buzz cut?

Eva Green for Jean Grey/Dark Phoenix if Marvel gets the rights back for X-Men.

ďIt is some kind of a cosmic force that somehow felt drawn to Jean and her powers. It inhabited her body and mind, which made Jean vulnerable to losing control of her extended powers. Iíve seen what this cosmic entity can do, for I looked into Jeanís conscious mind and saw some things I didnít like and Scott, believe me; it is unlike anything weíve encountered of our time.Ē - Xavier
Old 07-12-2013, 02:33 PM   #283
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
I still doubt we'll actually get to see young Cyclops/Jean/Storm but the movie maybe ends with bald Xavier on the verge of assembling his X-Men but we don't see it. Because, again, if we see it, it messes up with the ages of all the characters involved if it happens in 1973. This way, if they are actually closing the book on the FC actors in this film, they'll refrain from showing their recruitment and any continuity errors are avoided.

Until today, I wouldn't have counted out a FC 3 set in the 80's as it seemed like one of the next natural steps, but I can't see that and solo Magneto.

Yes, I'm fascinated to know who his antagonist will be as it's the first time they will have moved away from the Xavier/Magneto axis in the filmverse.
Maybe they wanna do a new villian for FC3 like sinister, its possible I suppose

I can't see how they will be able to wrap everything up in DOFP for FC when there is still an obvious story to be told there

The question is where could they go with a solo magneto?

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 07-12-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #284
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
Maybe they wanna do a new villian for FC3 like sinister, its possible I suppose

I can't see how they will be able to wrap everything up in DOFP for FC when there is still an obvious story to be told there

The question where could they go with a solo magneto
That's why I am thinking Magneto's arc from the trilogy is going to be erased. Think about it. You are older Magneto. You get wind that Logan's mind can be transferred to his 70's body. What are you going to tell him? "I want to get cured, lose my war, and see my friend killed all over again?" My guess is that Logan will try to change something personal to him, aside from the immediate Sentinel threat in the future.

So maybe we are left with a cliffhanger at the end of DoFP. Does anything really change or was it always meant to be? And then we can get some answers in an altered timeline. Then you beg to ask yourself, why not FC 3? Maybe Xavier's role is reduced. It just doesn't make sense to leave the other X-Men out. Then again, maybe Magneto has another vendetta.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:27 PM   #285
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

I love it when Magneto hovers. It's very god-like.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:29 PM   #286
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

The plot thickens with that picture

Old 07-12-2013, 03:31 PM   #287
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

When Liefeld says "they told me they were planning to make an X-Force movie back in March" I'm pretty sure he left out the "but they're only really using the name and it won't feature any of the crazy crap I wrote" part.

First Class was Fox testing the waters of a serious X-franchise. Wolverine solidifies it. Everything from now on will follow suit. And I hope Ryan Reynolds isn't sitting by his phone.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 07-12-2013, 03:33 PM   #288
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I love it when Magneto hovers. It's very god-like.
Agreed. Reminds me very much of Dr. Manhattan.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:38 PM   #289
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
When Liefeld says "they told me they were planning to make an X-Force movie back in March" I'm pretty sure he left out the "but they're only really using the name and it won't feature any of the crazy crap I wrote" part.

First Class was Fox testing the waters of a serious X-franchise. Wolverine solidifies it. Everything from now on will follow suit. And I hope Ryan Reynolds isn't sitting by his phone.
They won't name an X-men movie X-force

It's bound to be a brand new team of mutants

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 07-12-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:39 PM   #290
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

It is. mostly.

It isn't replacing the X-Men movies. It's a spin off series giving a certain character his own team.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 07-12-2013, 03:48 PM   #291
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

I think the right thing to do would be to include Reynolds as Deadpool in X-Force so he finally gets to shine. I don't see the Deadpool movie happening so this is the next best choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland-Jr View Post
Agreed. Reminds me very much of Dr. Manhattan.
Definitely.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:51 PM   #292
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I'd rather Cable in X-Force movie -> Deadpool gets his own solo film -> Deadpool/Cable team-up in Deadpool 2 AND X-Force 2.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:53 PM   #293
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I'd rather Cable in X-Force movie -> Deadpool gets his own solo film -> Deadpool/Cable team-up in Deadpool 2 AND X-Force 2.
its possible they wanna test the waters with deadpool before going solo with him

Old 07-12-2013, 04:05 PM   #294
icekid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
It is. mostly.

It isn't replacing the X-Men movies. It's a spin off series giving a certain character his own team.
His own team? As much as I would hate to say it, it very well could be wolverine, and I say this for two reason why this could be great for us. It gibes the core X-Men time to truly be X-Men, not Wovlerine and the X-men. Cyclops could be who he is supposed to be, and the rest will follow. This will allow for ensemble films covering major story lines and merging the two casts like how this is doing. Apocalypse comes to mind when I mention that, but of course, im thinking years down the road.

Old 07-12-2013, 04:19 PM   #295
Angamb
Banned User

Kick-ass 2 writer/director already on board, wow

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...ackling-584655

Old 07-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #296
icekid
Side-Kick

Wow, the wheels are turning fast. It's very possible that if they're at this stage, they could very well be moving in on summer '15. An X-Movie a year seems like a smart move by Fox.

They also pretty much already have a cast too, Wolverine, Colossus, Warpath and Sunspot already have actors tied to them thanks to DoFP.

Old 07-12-2013, 04:24 PM   #297
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by icekid View Post
Wow, the wheels are turning fast. It's very possible that if they're at this stage, they could very well be moving in on summer '15. An X-Movie a year seems like a smart move by Fox.

They also pretty much already have a cast too, Wolverine, Colossus, Warpath and Sunspot already have actors tied to them thanks to DoFP.
Mentioning wolverine being a part of that team probably won't please many

Old 07-12-2013, 04:27 PM   #298
icekid
Side-Kick

It frees him up from the X-Men to do their own thing without his claws all in it. I personally am tired of Wolverine and want a stronger focus on the X-men themselves, this is how I see that happening.

Old 07-12-2013, 04:28 PM   #299
MarvelU
Side-Kick

Excited about all these X news.

Old 07-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #300
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by icekid View Post
It frees him up from the X-Men to do their own thing without his claws all in it. I personally am tired of Wolverine and want a stronger focus on the X-men themselves, this is how I see that happening.
can't see them being confident enough to do future X-men films without wolverine