The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2013, 04:34 PM   #301
icekid
Side-Kick
 
icekid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Trapped in the Hoover Dam
Posts: 608
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

well, X-Men First Class comes to mind. I'm not saying he shouldn't appear, but he shouldn't be the focus.

icekid is offline  
Old 07-12-2013, 05:31 PM   #302
Mr. Dent
 
Mr. Dent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,957
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

With a writer/director already on it does seem like a 2015 release is in sight, as if that year wasn't big enough already, yeezus.

__________________
Marvel/DC:
2014 - Captain America: The Winter Soldier | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 | X-Men: Days of Future Past | Guardians of the Galaxy
2015 - Avengers: Age of Ultron | The Fantastic Four | Ant-Man
2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 07-12-2013, 06:52 PM   #303
Melapi
Side-Kick
 
Melapi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 914
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

What about that Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris secret project? I really want it to be a proper X4, pleasssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeee

Melapi is offline  
Old 07-12-2013, 06:58 PM   #304
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,252
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melapi View Post
What about that Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris secret project? I really want it to be a proper X4, pleasssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeee
it might have been X-Force or something totally different, singer did say he wanted to make a biblical film at some point

doesn't seem to be an X4 anytime soon

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004
GuestStar2004 is online now  
Old 07-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #305
The Englishman
Marching On Together
 
The Englishman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Leeds , England
Posts: 5,196
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Wolverine's in too much!!

__________________
"But James I need you." "So does England!"

"For England James?" "No......For me"

"The things i do for England."
The Englishman is offline  
Old 07-12-2013, 07:57 PM   #306
lastairbender
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Portugal
Posts: 407
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

I think is too much of a coincidence having Warpath and Sunspot from all the mutants.. they were always planning a link between DOFP and X Force..
In X force i would like to have Warpath, Sunspot, Cannonball, Domino and Psylocke...

and introducing a Cable and Deadpool for a future solo movie...

everything connected..

(having already Warpath and Sunspot perhaps Josh Helman is Cannonball..)

lastairbender is offline  
Old 07-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #307
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple
 
BeholdMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 965
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastairbender View Post
I think is too much of a coincidence having Warpath and Sunspot from all the mutants.. they were always planning a link between DOFP and X Force..
In X force i would like to have Warpath, Sunspot, Cannonball, Domino and Psylocke...

and introducing a Cable and Deadpool for a future solo movie...

everything connected..

(having already Warpath and Sunspot perhaps Josh Helman is Cannonball..)
That would be awesome, alot of stuff is starting to make more sense with some of the characters introduced in this movie.

BeholdMe is offline  
Old 07-12-2013, 08:25 PM   #308
Specter313
Ghost of all things X
 
Specter313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 6ft. under
Posts: 34,840
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
To make a magneto film they must have a story in mind, like with the wolverine
Liefield is likely talking out of his rear, as he is wont to do, or he's just not paying attention. A Magneto solo film was in the works back when the first Wolverine spin off was being made as well, but it was very publicly stated that the First Class film put the kibosh on that because much of the story of the two blended together and there was no need for the Magneto solo film anymore.

__________________
Specter313 is offline  
Old 07-12-2013, 08:55 PM   #309
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melapi View Post
What about that Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris secret project? I really want it to be a proper X4, pleasssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeee
a comic writer has posted on twitter that Fox will announce another movie, but he isnt sure if its a X-Men movie.

in any case, as much as I want that movie, I dont think they will announce it before DOFP. in any case at next years edition, some months after DOFP release.

Angamb is offline  
Old 07-12-2013, 09:02 PM   #310
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The future, where else would I be?
Posts: 17,862
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Summer 2015 Is full already.I see summer 2016.
Yeah unless FOX is crazy and doesn't want a 1 year rest for X-Men movies. But I would be happy if it gets released in 2015 because that might mean less wait for the other X-Men films.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | ICEMAN | PORTRAYED BY SHAWN ASHMORE
"Welcome to mutant high" - X1
"Call me Iceman" - X2
"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 07-12-2013, 09:11 PM   #311
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

agree.

And this movie doesnt need a summer release at all. If its a much more darker movie than X-trilogy, they could easily release it on winter

Angamb is offline  
Old 07-12-2013, 09:14 PM   #312
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,252
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Someone said fantastic 4 is out in 2015, and fox probably will only release one comic book film a year at the most, which leaves 2016 free, which could very possibly could very well end up being magneto if what's said is true

Origins came out 2 years after TLS so its not odd for FOX

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 07-12-2013 at 09:17 PM.
GuestStar2004 is online now  
Old 07-12-2013, 09:21 PM   #313
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The future, where else would I be?
Posts: 17,862
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Fantastic Four already has a March 6, 2015 release date and Origins came out 3 years after TLS. TLS came out in 2006 and Origins came out in 2009.

If FOX's plan is to release a spin-off movie then a movie with the original cast in every 2 years. Then I'll be fine. But right now, I'm waiting for Comic-Con and I want to know if FOX is still moving forward with the Fantastic Four reboot.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | ICEMAN | PORTRAYED BY SHAWN ASHMORE
"Welcome to mutant high" - X1
"Call me Iceman" - X2
"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 07-12-2013, 09:27 PM   #314
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The future, where else would I be?
Posts: 17,862
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
agree.

And this movie doesnt need a summer release at all. If its a much more darker movie than X-trilogy, they could easily release it on winter
God, a winter release! That would be a first for a X-Men movie. I went to BoxOfficeMovie and according to that website - The Winter Season is defined as the first day after New Year's week or weekend through the Thursday before the first Friday in March. I don't think its a good idea. A Spring release date would be a better option. I just hope FOX doesn't give the movie a big budget because right now I think the movie would only get 70 million to 150 million at the box-office and they need to cast a big actor in the movie.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | ICEMAN | PORTRAYED BY SHAWN ASHMORE
"Welcome to mutant high" - X1
"Call me Iceman" - X2
"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 07-12-2013, 09:27 PM   #315
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,252
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Fantastic Four already has a March 6, 2015 release date and Origins came out 3 years after TLS. TLS came out in 2006 and Origins came out in 2009.

If FOX's plan is to release a spin-off movie then a movie with the original cast in every 2 years. Then I'll be fine. But right now, I'm waiting for Comic-Con and I want to know if FOX is still moving forward with the Fantastic Four reboot.
No one said they were making a film with the original cast at all that's the thing

Magneto or deadpool may be the next film out in 2016

Like you said it took 3 years from TLS to origins

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004
GuestStar2004 is online now  
Old 07-12-2013, 09:30 PM   #316
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Origins was 3 years after X3. 2006-2009, same 3 years gap.

But then FC came just 2 years after Origins, same as The Wolverine after FC.

It seems like Fox is finally breaking the 3 years formula.

Angamb is offline  
Old 07-12-2013, 09:32 PM   #317
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The future, where else would I be?
Posts: 17,862
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
No one said they were making a film with the original cast at all that's the thing. Magneto or deadpool may be the next film out in 2016.
In my opinion, the Deadpool movie is not happening. And a Magneto movie is not set in stone.

And yeah no one said they were making a 5th film with the original cast, but I was merely speculating. Of course, they would be open for that idea next year when DOFP is about to be released in theaters.

I just really hope Fox is thinking straight with their plans, because if the X-Men got so big with DOFP next year and their next three films after DOFP for this franchise are movies for X-Force, Deadpool and Magneto, I think there's a big possibility that they would lose their momentum that they will get from DOFP. They should think long term and the bigger picture.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | ICEMAN | PORTRAYED BY SHAWN ASHMORE
"Welcome to mutant high" - X1
"Call me Iceman" - X2
"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/

Last edited by psylockolussus; 07-12-2013 at 09:41 PM.
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 07-12-2013, 09:33 PM   #318
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,252
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Well they have even more things to work with, x-force films,fantastic 4 films, xmen past and present, deadpool

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004
GuestStar2004 is online now  
Old 07-12-2013, 09:38 PM   #319
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The future, where else would I be?
Posts: 17,862
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
Well they have even more things to work with, x-force films,fantastic 4 films, xmen past and present, deadpool
And that could lead to over-saturation.

I'm sticking to my opinion that things would be so much easier for FOX if they are just focusing on working movies for X-Men and Fantastic Four. Like they did back in the last decade.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | ICEMAN | PORTRAYED BY SHAWN ASHMORE
"Welcome to mutant high" - X1
"Call me Iceman" - X2
"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 07-12-2013, 09:43 PM   #320
icekid
Side-Kick
 
icekid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Trapped in the Hoover Dam
Posts: 608
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

If they continue the path they are then they will never catch up to the Marvel films. A part of me wishes that First Class was a full fledged reboot with no ties to the OT at all.

icekid is offline  
Old 07-12-2013, 09:51 PM   #321
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The future, where else would I be?
Posts: 17,862
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by icekid View Post
If they continue the path they are then they will never catch up to the Marvel films. A part of me wishes that First Class was a full fledged reboot with no ties to the OT at all.
They will never really catch up with Marvel films if they release movies for lesser known characters and teams like Deadpool, New Mutants, X-Force, X-Factor. Spidey and MCU films will just keep outgrossing those spin-off movies. X-Men lost their momentum when the prequels were released.

The X-Men featuring the original cast IS their biggest asset. The box-office numbers of the original trilogy and the hype for DOFP are big evidences for that.

They don't need to branch out just because MCU is releasing tons of movies. MCU and X-Men are different. MCU has Iron Man, Avengers, Hulk, Captain America, Thor and their smaller characters can easily establish their own identity and I can't say that to X-Force, New Mutants, Deadpool, X-Factor, a Magneto movie, a Wolverine movie and a First Class movie. They will be seen as X-Men spin-offs and they will be marketed as X-Men spin-offs.

Look at what Sony is doing with Spidey, they will just continue to release sequels. They aren't trying to release a spin-off movie for lesser known characters like Venom, Green Goblin and Mary Jane Watson.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | ICEMAN | PORTRAYED BY SHAWN ASHMORE
"Welcome to mutant high" - X1
"Call me Iceman" - X2
"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 07-12-2013, 09:56 PM   #322
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,163
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Look at what Sony is doing with Spidey, they will just continue to release sequels. They aren't trying to release a spin-off movie for lesser known characters like Venom, Green Goblin and Mary Jane Watson.
Sony are also not making a 4th and 5th Spider-Man with Toby Maguire and Kirsten Dunst. Because all casts have a shelf life.

Mrs Vimes is offline  
Old 07-12-2013, 09:56 PM   #323
Specter313
Ghost of all things X
 
Specter313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 6ft. under
Posts: 34,840
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
They will never really catch up with Marvel films if they release movies for lesser known characters and teams like Deadpool, New Mutants, X-Force, X-Factor. Spidey and MCU films will just keep outgrossing those spin-off movies. X-Men lost their momentum when the prequels were released.

The X-Men featuring the original cast IS their biggest asset. The box-office numbers of the original trilogy and the hype for DOFP are big evidences for that.

They don't need to branch out just because MCU is releasing tons of movies. MCU and X-Men are different. MCU has Iron Man, Avengers, Hulk, Captain America, Thor and their smaller characters can easily establish their own identity and I can't say that to X-Force, New Mutants, Deadpool, X-Factor, a Magneto movie, a Wolverine movie and a First Class movie. They will be seen as X-Men spin-offs and they will be marketed as X-Men spin-offs.

Look at what Sony is doing with Spidey, they will just continue to release sequels. They aren't trying to release a spin-off movie for lesser known characters like Venom, Green Goblin and Mary Jane Watson.
X-Men lost their momentum when The Last Stand was released and was a massive disappointment to everyone. It only got worse when the subpar Wolverine Origins was released. First Class is what got its momentum back.

And there were plans for a Venom spin off at one point.

__________________
Specter313 is offline  
Old 07-12-2013, 10:00 PM   #324
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The future, where else would I be?
Posts: 17,862
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
Sony are also not making a 4th and 5th Spider-Man with Toby Maguire and Kirsten Dunst. Because all casts have a shelf life.
That is already a close chapter for the Spidey movies.

I was talking about The Amazing Spider-Man movies, release dates are already given for TASM3 and TASM4. And its a big indication that they would just continue to release sequels for the TASM series until 2018.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter313 View Post
X-Men lost their momentum when The Last Stand was released and was a massive disappointment to everyone. It only got worse when the subpar Wolverine Origins was released. First Class is what got its momentum back.

And there were plans for a Venom spin off at one point.
I know the plans the Venom, but they didn't really try to move forward with it unlike with Spider-Man 4.

And X-men was at their peak when X3 was released. It doesnt matter if fan boys hated the movie but it is still the most successful movie to date.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | ICEMAN | PORTRAYED BY SHAWN ASHMORE
"Welcome to mutant high" - X1
"Call me Iceman" - X2
"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/

Last edited by psylockolussus; 07-12-2013 at 10:03 PM.
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 07-12-2013, 10:00 PM   #325
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple
 
BeholdMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 965
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
They will never really catch up with Marvel films if they release movies for lesser known characters and teams like Deadpool, New Mutants, X-Force, X-Factor. Spidey and MCU films will just keep outgrossing those spin-off movies. X-Men lost their momentum when the prequels were released.

The X-Men featuring the original cast IS their biggest asset. The box-office numbers of the original trilogy and the hype for DOFP are big evidences for that.

They don't need to branch out just because MCU is releasing tons of movies. MCU and X-Men are different. MCU has Iron Man, Avengers, Hulk, Captain America, Thor and their smaller characters can easily establish their own identity and I can't say that to X-Force, New Mutants, Deadpool, X-Factor, a Magneto movie, a Wolverine movie and a First Class movie. They will be seen as X-Men spin-offs and they will be marketed as X-Men spin-offs.

Look at what Sony is doing with Spidey, they will just continue to release sequels. They aren't trying to release a spin-off movie for lesser known characters like Venom, Green Goblin and Mary Jane Watson.
I really wish you would stop saying that OC is the only cast worth making a good movie. And your wrong XForce,XFactor,New Mutants were all at one point big just like the core cast of X-Men you dont how people will respond to these movies espiecally being that fans have favorites in other groups other than the core group,so its not hard to believe that a movie could be a success. I know you like the OC but its not need to knock other groups because Storm is my fav,and yes it will sadden me not to see her in other movies,but the chance to see Psylocke,Magik,Polaris or others would be awesome.

BeholdMe is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.