Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 11:22 PM   #401
josh8
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
For me, I would rather see her in a X-Men movie with Rogue, Iceman, Storm than a X-Force movie.

But like I said in the other thread, if they aren't planning to use her in the future X-men team movies, I wouldn't mind if they include her in X-Force.
I agree it would've been nice to see Psylocke in a main X-Men movie, but at this point, X-Force is the best chance to see a good role for her. Psylocke has never been featured well in the movies or cartoons. In X-Force at least she'll get her due. It was also her best interpretation in the comics!

Old 07-13-2013, 11:26 PM   #402
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
Possibly some secondary characters, but it would be nice if the leads of X-Force were in DOFP... and I don't mean Logan!
You never know

Personally I'd rather see her in both DOFP and then X-Force. Followed by Excalibur

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 07-13-2013, 11:30 PM   #403
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
I love the news of an X-Force movie! This is the right way to expand the universe. Just like in the comic world, X-character solo titles don't really do well because pretty much all of the characters were developed for a team book and had their histories filled in later. No one is really iconic... unlike many in the Avengers or JLA rosters. Team books have always been the way to go, and so that translates to movies as well.
It will be definitely interesting to see another X-Team in another medium and to see how it will perform. X-teams like X-Force never had their own cartoon, own videogame, so they aren't tested yet.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 07-14-2013, 12:00 AM   #404
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
You never know

Personally I'd rather see her in both DOFP and then X-Force. Followed by Excalibur
Well of course I'd want to see her in an X-Men movie! I'm pretty sure it's too late for her to be in DOFP since they've already shot the future scenes.

Excalibur is a great idea but would def be a hard sell. A primarily British team? American studios are too chicken-s--t for that! But I have always thought that the more quirkier comics would make awesome movies... mostly because they can transcend genres more fluidly. GotG is a good example of this.

Old 07-14-2013, 12:17 AM   #405
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Well of course I'd want to see her in an X-Men movie! I'm pretty sure it's too late for her to be in DOFP since they've already shot the future scenes.
Guess we won't know till we see the movie. Or at least some footage. IMDb isn't the be all end all of casting confirmation. They have a few wrong for The Wolverine, for instance

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 07-14-2013, 12:33 AM   #406
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
Guess we won't know till we see the movie. Or at least some footage. IMDb isn't the be all end all of casting confirmation. They have a few wrong for The Wolverine, for instance
Arggghhhh!!! You're such a tease!!!!

I know you can't do anything about it.

I don't refer to IMDB for cast info. Anyway, I think if DOFP were hiding any major NEW characters to be featured, it would only be for the 70s section of the movie.

Old 07-14-2013, 01:38 AM   #407
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

^

They might be also hiding new characters set in the modern-day world like X-Force members or the Fantastic Four.

Old 07-14-2013, 01:52 AM   #408
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
^

They might be also hiding new characters set in the modern-day world like X-Force members or the Fantastic Four.
It's totally possible that characters like Warpath, Sunspot (I almost forgot about him!), Blink, or some other characters we don't yet know about could show up in an X-Force movie. However, it would have been awesome if, for example, Psylocke was a prominent role in DOFP and then went on to be the leader of X-Force... because I don't see any of the prominent DOFP characters to be fitting as possible leads for an X-Force movie.

Old 07-14-2013, 02:05 AM   #409
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Actually, I'd rather want the X-Force and the Fantastic Four to show up in their movie #1 first before appearing in a X-Men movie.

DOFP should just feature the original cast and the First Class cast.

Old 07-14-2013, 02:15 AM   #410
josh8
Side-Kick

To me, it depends on the story they're going to tell. If it's Uncanny X-Force, I would prefer ties. If it's 90s X-Force, then it can be standalone. FF should be standalone. I don't care how many people want an X-Men/FF crossover, it has never been interesting in the comics and won't be in the movies haha.

Old 07-14-2013, 02:27 AM   #411
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
To me, it depends on the story they're going to tell. If it's Uncanny X-Force, I would prefer ties. If it's 90s X-Force, then it can be standalone. FF should be standalone. I don't care how many people want an X-Men/FF crossover, it has never been interesting in the comics and won't be in the movies haha.
It all comes down to the writers and the director of the movie. And comic-books and movies are two different mediums. Not all things that worked in the comics will work in a movie and its vice versa with movies/comic-books.

Old 07-14-2013, 02:32 AM   #412
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
It all comes down to the writers and the director of the movie. And comic-books and movies are two different mediums. Not all things that worked in the comics will work in a movie and its vice versa with movies/comic-books.
Sigh... yes of course. But no writer so far has been able to make a compelling X-Men/FF story. They've had some fun interactions but nothing substantial. IMO, there just aren't really any connections and their themes are way different. That's all I'm saying.

If the only reason to have them interact is that their rights are both owned by Fox, then that's not enough of a reason.

Old 07-14-2013, 02:39 AM   #413
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Sigh... yes of course. But no writer so far has been able to make a compelling X-Men/FF story. They've had some fun interactions but nothing substantial. IMO, there just aren't really any connections and their themes are way different. That's all I'm saying.

If the only reason to have them interact is that their rights are both owned by Fox, then that's not enough of a reason.
I've read a lot of X-Men comic-books and none of them were better than the best X-Men movies.

I really don't think its impossible to establish that X-Men and Fantastic Four can exist in 1 universe. Look at Thor/Iron Man for example. With the reboot, Fantastic Four could be just a low-key superhero team, they don't have to be celebrities like they were in the 1st two FF movies. And like I said before, FF could do their missions in outer space while the X-Men stay in Earth.

Old 07-14-2013, 02:56 AM   #414
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
I've read a lot of X-Men comic-books and none of them were better than the best X-Men movies.

I really don't think its impossible to establish that X-Men and Fantastic Four can exist in 1 universe. Look at Thor/Iron Man for example. With the reboot, Fantastic Four could be just a low-key superhero team, they don't have to be celebrities like they were in the 1st two FF movies. And like I said before, FF could do their missions in outer space while the X-Men stay in Earth.
I don't mind if they exist in the same world. I just would not be interested in a crossover movie. That's all.

Old 07-14-2013, 04:35 AM   #415
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
X-Men has a lot of characters to work with but it doesn't mean they should release a spin-off movie just to do that. They just can do that in X-Men 5.

Anyway, there's a reason why most movie franchises aren't releasing spin-offs, its rare for a film series to release two spin-offs, what about more than that. With X-Force, Fox will be releasing X-Men's 4th or 5th spin-off and if you look at the franchise, the spin-offs didn't really help the series to become more successful and bigger.
Your hard headed like a child. Yes they can possibly do that with in X5,but how much have you seen the characters developed in the other movies not very much at all. For instance Storm has so much backstory which was not touched on in the movie. Cyclops was a shadow of the man he is in the comics. Theres not alot of room to focus on other characters which is why another team would give others time to shine instead of cramming it into a movie with enough people already.

Old 07-14-2013, 04:38 AM   #416
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Doh Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Like I said, the audience already got a 8-year break from seeing sequels from the original series/cast over and over. I don't think people would get tired for seeing the cast for a new trilogy especially if the movie will be featuring new characters. With DOFP featuring the original cast, this might be their opportunity to release a couple of films with them.

No one got tired of Fast/Furious when the original cast came back for Fast/Furious 4 and that franchise actually gotten bigger when the original cast returned. I don't see no reason why X-Men couldn't achieve that too.
How long do you expect the OC to keep coming back for movies then. There are not getting any younger and your not certain if they want to keep coming back being that they have been doing it so long. Move on and let some other characters be used,stop dwelling on the past. The OC had their run and they were great but who knows how long they want to continue on with the franchise.

Old 07-14-2013, 04:40 AM   #417
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
It will be definitely interesting to see another X-Team in another medium and to see how it will perform. X-teams like X-Force never had their own cartoon, own videogame, so they aren't tested yet.
I agree with this completely.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:26 AM   #418
Double B
Side-Kick

I would bet a anything we will see at least one more film with the OT cast after this. With all this news, it doesn't feel like an ending, but a re-establishing of the present universe.

I'd love them to mix things up in a huge way. X-Men movies with our original cast, X-Force, different, assorted team-ups, New Mutants. There's so much potential and there's such goodwill from all the cast members, so it would be great to see the likes of Cyclops/Jean/Rogue get their time to shine. Particularly since Marsden and Paquin fit their roles now more than ever, and Famke seems to adore it. Even Halle seems to have recaptured her enthusiasm for it all.

My main question is, how will they choose to utilise the last remaining film that the FC cast are contracted to (if they do the Magneto solo film, that's Fassbender out of contract) and how long McKellen and Stewart will be up for it. Though, to their credit, they've shown no signs of wanting to pack it all in.

Oh God, I really want an AoA film.

And a proper Gambit.

And Psylocke.

And older Emma.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:33 AM   #419
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double B View Post
I would bet a anything we will see at least one more film with the OT cast after this. With all this news, it doesn't feel like an ending, but a re-establishing of the present universe.

I'd love them to mix things up in a huge way. X-Men movies with our original cast, X-Force, different, assorted team-ups, New Mutants. There's so much potential and there's such goodwill from all the cast members, so it would be great to see the likes of Cyclops/Jean/Rogue get their time to shine. Particularly since Marsden and Paquin fit their roles now more than ever, and Famke seems to adore it. Even Halle seems to have recaptured her enthusiasm for it all.

My main question is, how will they choose to utilise the last remaining film that the FC cast are contracted to (if they do the Magneto solo film, that's Fassbender out of contract) and how long McKellen and Stewart will be up for it. Though, to their credit, they've shown no signs of wanting to pack it all in.

Oh God, I really want an AoA film.

And a proper Gambit.

And Psylocke.

And older Emma.
Yes to these 2 suggestions. It would be awesome to have Psylocke but which would you rather see the British Betsy or the Asian assassin Betsy? If they go off of FC then since Emma was their age,then an older one in the present would be an awesome thing to see.

Old 07-14-2013, 07:10 AM   #420
Double B
Side-Kick

Asian Betsy. If only for the added diversity it brings to the cast, although they might go with British Betsy to differentiate between the character and the "Psylocke" in X3.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:02 AM   #421
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double B View Post
Asian Betsy. If only for the added diversity it brings to the cast, although they might go with British Betsy to differentiate between the character and the "Psylocke" in X3.
Apart of me likes the british rude Psylocke and I think Kate Beckinsale would be perfect for her. Shes beautiful and she kicks butt. But the diversity thing your talking about is needed because thats what the x-men are known for.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:25 AM   #422
Mars123
Side-Kick

I really like these idea about psylocke and Emma! I'd still like the idea of using Sigourney Weaver as I can see that seductive comparison between her and January jones. Plus she still kicks butt!!

I personally like to see more with the OT team, particularly storm and cyclops I'd like to see there stories fleshed out most and a continuation of Phoenix, I think of x3 more of a taster!

New stuff is cool though I guess we should embrace.

Old 07-14-2013, 09:00 AM   #423
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars123 View Post
I really like these idea about psylocke and Emma! I'd still like the idea of using Sigourney Weaver as I can see that seductive comparison between her and January jones. Plus she still kicks butt!!

I personally like to see more with the OT team, particularly storm and cyclops I'd like to see there stories fleshed out most and a continuation of Phoenix, I think of x3 more of a taster!

New stuff is cool though I guess we should embrace.
i would like the idea of having Sigourney Weaver as well, i think she can play well wit Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellen id they decided to come back. More of the OT fleshed out is my wish add some more backstory to the neglected X-men and not cheesy stuff, I mean actual character development.

Old 07-14-2013, 09:50 AM   #424
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeholdMe View Post
Yes to these 2 suggestions. It would be awesome to have Psylocke but which would you rather see the British Betsy or the Asian assassin Betsy?
Both!

Old 07-14-2013, 01:39 PM   #425
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Do people suspect the future scenes will cut out as soon as the time traveler reaches the 70s? I for one hope they play parallel to each other like in the comic, unless it's a 45-1hr long future sequence at the start and 2 hours of 70s stuff following.

Closed Thread