I Don't Like It At All 3 4.41%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-04-2013, 02:56 AM   #251
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
Hmm. I think it might have been the Empire article, but I'm not sure. He definitely said it though. Someone else might be able to provide the link?
I'll take your word for it. It's not like you'd gain anything from lying about it.

The Boy Scout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:30 AM   #252
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

On gosh Snyder saying he's not a virgin has created a free for all on guesses relating to who he slept with.
I have always wondered if Superman was a Virgin in the comics before he got married.

Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El

Szetsilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:32 AM   #253
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Lana. Lori. Dinah.

Old 07-04-2013, 05:51 AM   #254
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
It had all the right ingredients. The tone was perfect; the action was amazing; and I thought they more or less nailed the Superman character. It also had some pretty good ideas in there. The execution of it all, however, left a lot to be desired.
sound like a veteran film maker.

Old 07-04-2013, 06:19 AM   #255
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
On gosh Snyder saying he's not a virgin has created a free for all on guesses relating to who he slept with.
I have always wondered if Superman was a Virgin in the comics before he got married.
From what I understand, he was though it's implied that he and Lois got intimate with each other before they got married.

But nevertheless, based on the maturity of the two characters and how they bonded with each other on film, I'm pretty sure that they wont be writing stupid love triangles or uncharacteristic scenarios for them to be in. There are so many realistic and more appropriate obstacles that the two could face that doesn't involve the cliche love triangle plot.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:59 AM   #256
CGHulk
Green Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
Is this real, if so this is awesome!

"All that was great in the past, was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed." -Nikola Tesla

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
CGHulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:18 AM   #257
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Someone made these gifs based on the MoS novelization. Would you have liked to see the original dialogue in the movie?

“So how about…Superman?"
He blushed slightly, which she found rather charming.
"Sounds a little showy," he said.
And that suit isn’t? she thought. (x)
I'm hoping for a deleted scene as well.

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:43 PM   #258
DKDetective
Commander RNVR

Quote:
I don't know why, but I have the feeling they're gonna do something similar to the all-star superman ending.

Well, it's too soon to talk about the ending for Henry's Superman anyway
Nah, Goyer already used the All-Star ending for Batman in The Dark Knight Rises, I doubt he would use it again for Superman.

DKDetective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:46 PM   #259
JOE
____#BringHomeSpidey____

Superman's right eyebrow is really strange in that scene. Hated it when I saw it the first time when they released it online and hated it in the movie. The way he talks in it too, really weird.

**let's try to refrain from using words like the one you used originally for something that has absolutely nothing to do with it's real meaning....C. Lee

"You see... Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All you need is a little push!"

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat

Last edited by JOE; 07-04-2013 at 04:43 PM.
JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:43 PM   #260
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
sound like a veteran film maker.
Excuse me?

Old 07-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #261
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE View Post
Superman's right eyebrow goes full strange in that scene. Hated it when I saw it the first time when they released it online and hated it in the movie. The way he talks in it too, really weird.
The scene works and all but yeah I thought it was somewhat awkward.

~SHH SIX~

Last edited by C. Lee; 07-04-2013 at 04:26 PM.
MrMaooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #262
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGHulk View Post
Nah it looks pieced together. Also it wouldn't help the accusations that cavill is "stiff" by him acknowledging a playful wave with a head nod.

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:27 PM   #263
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE View Post
Superman's right eyebrow goes full **strange** in that scene. Hated it when I saw it the first time when they released it online and hated it in the movie. The way he talks in it too, really weird.

**let's try to refrain from using words like the one you used originally for something that has absolutely nothing to do with it's real meaning....C. Lee
I replaced the word you used originally with another one....using the original word to describe the actions you are talking about is an offensive use of it to many people.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #264
JOE
____#BringHomeSpidey____

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
I replaced the word you used originally with another one....using the original word to describe the actions you are talking about is an offensive use of it to many people.
My bad C. Lee! I type the way I talk sometimes.

"You see... Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All you need is a little push!"

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:11 PM   #265
Andreth
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGHulk View Post
you mean as if she was waving to Henry? I doubt it, she was waving to the crowd. That gif is from a London premiere video, that's the way the video was edited.

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Andreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:19 AM   #266
Cantis1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
I want to see Lois be given more in the sequel.
I definitely want to see her be focused on and be given a prominent role in the story for the next movie. She is the second most important character in the mythos, IMO. And this movie seemed to recognize her importance and relevance in the Superman story. So fingers crossed, they continue to do so!

I just would feel a lot better if they announce that Amy is returning when they announce the sequel!

Cantis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:32 AM   #267
sf2
Side-Kick

so normally how do they greenlight the sequel? until they have gotten a solid treatment / script?

Old 07-05-2013, 06:59 AM   #268
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I know people are entitled to their opinions, but after coming across posts that mention on how some felt that Lois was a useless character in the film and how she had no connection with Clark/Superman; wow...words fail to describe on how I feel when reading those types of posts.lol

It's true that Lois and Clark weren't officially a "couple" by the end of the film. No doubt about it. But I believe that it was just as clear that them becoming one is inevitable within the near future and that they have developed strong romantic feelings for each other. To be honest, I see them being in the stage that's stuck in between the whole "Developing Feelings/Admitting them" and "Becoming an Couple" stage.

Also, Lois was by far, NOT Useless to the story. Sure, I would have loved to have seen more of her, but I thought she was shown well, especially when compared to so many other female leads from other comic book films.

Old 07-05-2013, 07:18 AM   #269
ClarklovesLois
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I know people are entitled to their opinions, but after coming across posts that mention on how some felt that Lois was a useless character in the film and how she had no connection with Clark/Superman; wow...words fail to describe on how I feel when reading those types of posts.lol

It's true that Lois and Clark weren't officially a "couple" by the end of the film. No doubt about it. But I believe that it was just as clear that them becoming one is inevitable within the near future and that they have developed strong romantic feelings for each other. To be honest, I see them being in the stage that's stuck in between the whole "Developing Feelings/Admitting them" and "Becoming an Couple" stage.

Also, Lois was by far, NOT Useless to the story. Sure, I would have loved to have seen more of her, but I thought she was shown well, especially when compared to so many other female leads from other comic book films.
THIS

ClarklovesLois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:49 AM   #270
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

On another note, I really do hope that even when Wonder Woman is introduced into the universe, that they don't go down a "Kingdom Come/New 52/Injustice Route" where Lois is either tragically killed off or that Superman hooks up with Wonder Woman.

I think Warner Bros. would actually lose viewers if they went that route personally since the relationship does have its fair share of fans and people do adore Adams as well and I can't see any actress today being as likable and talented as her that could also fit the bill to play Wonder Woman.

I've never seen why anyone would want to put Wonder Woman and Superman together since it really makes WW look bad whenever she's with him.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:27 AM   #271
lepetitprince
Side-Kick

Quote:

On another note, I really do hope that even when Wonder Woman is introduced into the universe, that they don't go down a "Kingdom Come/New 52/Injustice Route" where Lois is either tragically killed off or that Superman hooks up with Wonder Woman.

I think Warner Bros. would actually lose viewers if they went that route personally since the relationship does have its fair share of fans and people do adore Adams as well and I can't see any actress today being as likable and talented as her that could also fit the bill to play Wonder Woman.

I've never seen why anyone would want to put Wonder Woman and Superman together since it really makes WW look bad whenever she's with him.

I bet the moment Wonder Woman comes in, fanboys would go all crazy with her hotness and prefer Supes to end up with her, sigh And then we would get all the "ohh Lois/Amy's too old and unexciting" schtick again. It's kind of for this reason that I don't want her to be introduced just yet. maybe in the third movie if we get one.

lepetitprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:29 AM   #272
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:

Nailed it.

titansupes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:32 AM   #273
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:

I don't mind the development of their relationship as much as I mind the development of her character.

I mean, Lois and Clark being drawn to each other through mutual respect and Lois being one of the only people on the planet he could share his secret with who wouldn't just freak out, but actually see the humanity in him... That's great, it's fantastic. More of that please

It's just they didn't let her speak enough. They didn't let her be Lois enough.

I keep re watching and imagining what Lois would have said in certain situations, and what we actually have is nothing like her.

She's given a couple of half decent Lois Lane lines in the first scenes we see her in, but after that it's like sassy Lois ceases to exist.

I mean, name one Lois Lane like thing she said after being taken aboard the kryptonian ship at the halfway point of the film.

I feel like they missed the point of her character.

They kept talking about how meeting Supes changes her and brings out her more compassionate side - but that shouldn't REPLACE all her other qualities like her stubborness, defiance, tenaciousness, sarcasm etc.

Lois should be all those things AND compassionate.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:41 AM   #274
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepetitprince View Post
I bet the moment Wonder Woman comes in, fanboys would go all crazy with her hotness and prefer Supes to end up with her, sigh And then we would get all the "ohh Lois/Amy's too old and unexciting" schtick again. It's kind of for this reason that I don't want her to be introduced just yet. maybe in the third movie if we get one.
Well, I'm guessing that we'll see Wonder Woman for the first time in the first Justice League film, which will presumably be released most likely sometime after MOS 2.

If Wonder Woman had to be paired up with someone, I'd prefer it to be with Batman or even her other canonical love interest, Steve Trevor.

The last thing that I, and many others, want to see is for Lois to be lost into the void in order to make room for Wonder Woman. Lois isn't a placeholder for Superman before WW arrives. She's supposed to be his end all be all when it comes to his love life.

I can't even think of many, if not any, that have been happy of DC's decision to have Wonder Woman placed as his new LI and break up the marriage in the New 52 continuity.

Lois isn't Gwen Stacy where she's meant to tragically die and make room for another love interest in Superman's life.

Honestly, IF Lois were to be killed off in the franchise, I would stop watching the films for good and only stick to any set amount of the previous films where she was alive since killing her off just to let Wonder woman come in is one of the most stupidest things Warner Bros. could do.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:13 AM   #275
Mikelus
Islander

Quote:
It doesn't have to be the case if it is written properly. Actually, it makes more sense for Clark and Diana to be a couple, they can grow old together since they can live much longer than humans, they wouldn't have to worry about the aging difference (young looking Clark with an old Lois down the road), plus Diana can take care of herself (less stress for him), etc. There are more advantages for Clark to be with Diana than with Lois, but the comics don't touch any of this.

Mikelus is offline   Reply With Quote