The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Amy Adams As Lois Lane
Great Casting, I Love It 58 85.29%
Meh, I Can Deal With It 7 10.29%
I Don't Like It At All 3 4.41%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2013, 12:01 AM   #451
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious
 
LibidoLoca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 13,725
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantis1 View Post
What's this hot scoops thing about?
I believe it was a fake scene where Lois is introduced to Clark at the Daily Planet. She tells him that she 'gets all the hot scoops' or something like that. It was really ridiculous and was a tad worst than Goyer's dialogue to be true.

__________________
BRYAN SINGER | ZACK SNYDER | JOSS WHEDON
APOCALYPSE | DAWN OF JUSTICE | AGE OF ULTRON
*\S/T*
LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #452
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.
 
MrMaooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MI6 Headquarters
Posts: 15,962
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Amy Adams to Star in Film Adaptation of Steve Martin's OBJECT OF BEAUTY

Quote:
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Maven Pictures has announced that Ned Benson will adapt Steve Martin's OBJECT OF BEAUTY for the big screen. Benson recently penned and directed his first film, 'The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby,' which will feature James McAvoy and Jessica Chastain.

Amy Adams will star in the role of "a young art entrepreneur who climbs from assistant to gallery owner, from a tiny downtown studio to a posh uptown one bedroom. The story traces her life over 15 years as she travels the world and falls in and out of relationships."

In a statement, Maven Pictures' producers Trudie Styler and Celine Rattray commented, "We are thrilled to be working with the very talented Ned Benson on this adaptation of Steve Martin's smart, thought provoking novel."

http://movies.broadwayworld.com/arti...EAUTY-20130710

__________________
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."
MrMaooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:31 PM   #453
Andreth
Side-Kick
 
Andreth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fangtasia
Posts: 2,684
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Great! Amy is attached to so many great projects

But I wish they announced the MoS sequel already

__________________
"A 12 year old Ben Linus brought me a chicken salad sandwich. How do you think I'm doing?"
LOST


"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Andreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #454
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.
 
MrMaooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MI6 Headquarters
Posts: 15,962
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
Great! Amy is attached to so many great projects

But I wish they announced the MoS sequel already
Me too. Well anyways, many people see the sequel being released in July or Winter of 2015.

__________________
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."
MrMaooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:59 PM   #455
Andreth
Side-Kick
 
Andreth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fangtasia
Posts: 2,684
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Me too. Well anyways, many people see the sequel being released in July or Winter of 2015.
That seems like a good date
I hope Amy has finally won that Oscar by then

__________________
"A 12 year old Ben Linus brought me a chicken salad sandwich. How do you think I'm doing?"
LOST


"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Andreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:23 PM   #456
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger
 
The Caped Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New York City
Posts: 28,102
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
Great! Amy is attached to so many great projects

But I wish they announced the MoS sequel already
Patience

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:26 PM   #457
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,157
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

I just hope that they can get Amy to star in 4 more films as Lois Lane; 2 solo MOS films and 2 Justice League films (at least)

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:40 PM   #458
Andreth
Side-Kick
 
Andreth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fangtasia
Posts: 2,684
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

^

Well, I don't think she's gonna say no...





Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
Patience

Ok

<<bites nails>>

__________________
"A 12 year old Ben Linus brought me a chicken salad sandwich. How do you think I'm doing?"
LOST


"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Andreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #459
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,157
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

lol; well I'm sure she won't say no to the second one, and that she'll most likely return for a third one (if the second one is a success); now when it comes to Lois's involvement with any potential JL films, that's what I'm wondering about whether she'll appear in them, even if they are cameos.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:57 PM   #460
Andreth
Side-Kick
 
Andreth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fangtasia
Posts: 2,684
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
lol; well I'm sure she won't say no to the second one, and that she'll most likely return for a third one (if the second one is a success); now when it comes to Lois's involvement with any potential JL films, that's what I'm wondering about whether she'll appear in them, even if they are cameos.
Yeah, something like Pepper on the Avengers

__________________
"A 12 year old Ben Linus brought me a chicken salad sandwich. How do you think I'm doing?"
LOST


"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Andreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:20 PM   #461
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 58,065
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

I was just about to bring "Pepper" up....

__________________
'Listen to yourself and in that quietude you might hear the voice of God'… Maya Angelou
Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:27 PM   #462
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,157
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
Yeah, something like Pepper on the Avengers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
I was just about to bring "Pepper" up....
Ironic on how both female leads have red hair as well.lol

Yeah, plus, Lois is capable of having her own thing to do during a JL film so that her involvement in it wouldn't feel forced at all.

Hell, we could have one JL film where Clark and Lois's wedding could take place so that all of the JL members could be present there.lol

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:38 PM   #463
Andreth
Side-Kick
 
Andreth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fangtasia
Posts: 2,684
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Lois has a history of being in JL stories, I think they could get inspiration from those

But I'd like to see her a World Finest movie first. The Bruce/Lois dynamic is great too.

__________________
"A 12 year old Ben Linus brought me a chicken salad sandwich. How do you think I'm doing?"
LOST


"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Andreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:52 PM   #464
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.
 
MrMaooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MI6 Headquarters
Posts: 15,962
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
^

Well, I don't think she's gonna say no...









That second gif is her response to more kissing in the sequel lol.

__________________
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."
MrMaooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:31 PM   #465
Mysteryman
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,243
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Indeed,
Patience is a virtue .

Mysteryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:32 PM   #466
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,157
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
Lois has a history of being in JL stories, I think they could get inspiration from those

But I'd like to see her a World Finest movie first. The Bruce/Lois dynamic is great too.
As long as they don't go down the DCAU route of the World Finest film where Lois ends up having a serious relationship with Batman, then I'm up for their dynamics.

I still can't believe on how much the DCAU catered to their version of Batman; they would have had Lois end up with Bruce if it weren't for DC saying otherwise at that time.lol

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:40 PM   #467
Andreth
Side-Kick
 
Andreth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fangtasia
Posts: 2,684
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
That second gif is her response to more kissing in the sequel lol.

she's adorable!

__________________
"A 12 year old Ben Linus brought me a chicken salad sandwich. How do you think I'm doing?"
LOST


"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Andreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:12 PM   #468
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane
 
Szetsilya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United States of Obama
Posts: 1,477
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

I ordered a Superman GF: Lois Lane comic from eBay and they sent me the wrong one.

__________________
Henry Cavill is Superman/Clark Kent
Anne Hathaway, Natalie Dormer or Rachel McAdams for Lois Lane
Russel Crowe is Jor-El
Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El

Szetsilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:30 PM   #469
Cantis1
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 90
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
I ordered a Superman GF: Lois Lane comic from eBay and they sent me the wrong one.
Awww. Sorry

Quote:
I believe it was a fake scene where Lois is introduced to Clark at the Daily Planet. She tells him that she 'gets all the hot scoops' or something like that. It was really ridiculous and was a tad worst than Goyer's dialogue to be true.
Thanks, LibidoLoca!

Amy REALLY needs to be in the next movie. Period. No ifs, ands, or buts!

Cantis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:19 PM   #470
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid
 
N7 Joseph Shepard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Adrianne Palicki's heavenly bosom
Posts: 3,014
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantis1 View Post
Awww. Sorry



Thanks, LibidoLoca!

Amy REALLY needs to be in the next movie. Period. No ifs, ands, or buts!

.....well....maybe butts

__________________
Cavill/Heard - Believe In The Shield -Snyder
Affleck
- Batman -
Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:43 PM   #471
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10,146
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

You all should see the Fighter if you haven't already, Amy is fantastic in it. Also, you get to see her in black lingerie, Mark Wahlberg was a lucky man in that movie.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:55 AM   #472
sf2
Side-Kick
 
sf2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,961
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Me too. Well anyways, many people see the sequel being released in July or Winter of 2015.
Hope it come true.

__________________
“Everything you can imagine is real.”
― Pablo Picasso
sf2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:01 AM   #473
Audrey
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 293
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
I was just about to bring "Pepper" up....
I actually feel like they borrowed from Superman/Lois a lot when they were constructing how Pepper/Tony fit into the Avengers. As much comic readers know, Pepper and Tony are nowhere near the couple that Lois/Clark are in the comics and their relationship has never really played that kind of role.

Whereas, a lot of the huge Justice League narratives have not only featured Lois but she's been kind of an emotional hook in some capacity. The role that Pepper played in Avengers is very similar to the role that Lois has played in the past in some of these more epic stories.

She's one of the only non-super mythos cast members that tends to consistently appear in Justice League related stories outside of maybe Alfred Pennyworth.

She was one of the only cast members of any mythos to appear repeatedly in Justice League Unlimited.

She made an appearance in Justice League: Doom. She was in New Frontier. Lois's reunion with Superman is one of the most emotional moments in New Frontier. "He keeps asking for someone named Lois." I anticipate she's going to be decent part in Justice League Flashpoint this summer. (Though if you've read the book you know that's not a good thing per se considering what happens...) But the overall point is that...she's usually there.

If there is going to be an emotional hook to a Justice League movie...one would think it would be Lois. You can't just focus on the heroes without outside connection because you lose sense of what they are fighting for.

Justice League stories without a true sense of the "civilians" who are working to help keep the world a better place is a wasted story. That's why we had Coulson in the Avengers. That's why Pepper was there. You have to have ties to the outside that matter or what are you fighting for? It just becomes a movie about a bunch of people punching each other.

Audrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:08 AM   #474
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.
 
MrMaooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MI6 Headquarters
Posts: 15,962
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrey View Post
I actually feel like they borrowed from Superman/Lois a lot when they were constructing how Pepper/Tony fit into the Avengers. As much comic readers know, Pepper and Tony are nowhere near the couple that Lois/Clark are in the comics and their relationship has never really played that kind of role.

Whereas, a lot of the huge Justice League narratives have not only featured Lois but she's been kind of an emotional hook in some capacity. The role that Pepper played in Avengers is very similar to the role that Lois has played in the past in some of these more epic stories.

She's one of the only non-super mythos cast members that tends to consistently appear in Justice League related stories outside of maybe Alfred Pennyworth.

She was one of the only cast members of any mythos to appear repeatedly in Justice League Unlimited.

She made an appearance in Justice League: Doom. She was in New Frontier. Lois's reunion with Superman is one of the most emotional moments in New Frontier. "He keeps asking for someone named Lois." I anticipate she's going to be decent part in Justice League Flashpoint this summer. (Though if you've read the book you know that's not a good thing per se considering what happens...) But the overall point is that...she's usually there.

If there is going to be an emotional hook to a Justice League movie...one would think it would be Lois. You can't just focus on the heroes without outside connection because you lose sense of what they are fighting for.

Justice League stories without a true sense of the "civilians" who are working to help keep the world a better place is a wasted story. That's why we had Coulson in the Avengers. That's why Pepper was there. You have to have ties to the outside that matter or what are you fighting for? It just becomes a movie about a bunch of people punching each other.
Why do you always type essays lol?

__________________
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."
MrMaooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:09 AM   #475
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 58,065
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Well, I don't really need to have the characters just as they are in the comics, changes to story lines for the movies, etc aren't that big of a deal to me. I just enjoy good movies, that are well written, well directed, and give us a good look into the comic itself, but I'm not one that needs it to be totally as it is over the years. I will say, that I don't like changes for the sake of change, but if the change furthers the story along and strengthens it, great.

I love how Pepper has been written in the Iron Man movie franchise, I loved that she was a part of The Avengers movie, I really enjoyed Man of Steel, I loved how she was written in the movie, and I'm looking forward to more of this Lois in the other movies, and hopefully we will see her in The Justice League movie, if we don't, ok....I hope it is still a movie I will enjoy. If they write it as they did Pepper, cool.

__________________
'Listen to yourself and in that quietude you might hear the voice of God'… Maya Angelou
Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.