Great Casting, I Love It 58 85.29%
Meh, I Can Deal With It 7 10.29%
I Don't Like It At All 3 4.41%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-29-2013, 01:32 PM   #26
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Okay, I haven not read a single issue about the New 52. I understand that Superman is now dating WW in that continuity, but what about MOS is so different or jarring? Just curious.

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:47 PM   #27
Andreth
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
Okay, I haven not read a single issue about the New 52. I understand that Superman is now dating WW in that continuity, but what about MOS is so different or jarring? Just curious.
He's a jerk, he's dating WW while still pining for Lois, he's jealous of her boyfriend, fantasizes about her. Then there are other comics still in continuity in which he still has a strong bond with Lois, they're releasing Superman Unchained, with the focus on Lois & CLark, and then they'll be releasing a superman/WW comic too, even a version of the future had a son with Lois. Superboy is a clone of that son.

In the new 52 both parents dead, Jonathan and Martha, he's alone, totally alienated, it's like they wanted to cut all his ties to humanity.
Lois was a tv producer who apparently, cared more for entertainment news than real news, there was a huge backlash for this so Lobdell made her go back to being a reporter recently, but still, what the hell?

The focus is mostly on Superman, not so much on CK.
I've totally abandoned DC Comics but I keep up with what's going on. It's a huge mess. That's a superman I never EVER want to see in the Man of Steel franchise. EVER. I'm so glad the influence the movie had was based on all the most celebrated comics pre-new52.

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD

Last edited by Andreth; 06-29-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Andreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:47 PM   #28
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

I think the most it can come off as an F--- You to the New 52(which I honestly don't really see), is the strength of the relationship put in MoS between Lois and Superman.
The amount of gravitas put into their pairing just can't be written into a love triangle or another woman coming in with a possibility of taking Lois's relation at any point soon. It's just too strong with Lois and it would be unbelievable for another character to come close; even Diana.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:00 PM   #29
Andreth
Side-Kick

Oh and Lois still doesn't know CLark is Superman, another difference with the movie.

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Old 06-29-2013, 03:03 PM   #30
TheNextNolan22
Daniel Bryan Has Arrived!

The movie as a whole was kind of a **** you to the New 52.

60 Years of GODZILLA-The King of the Monsters
TheNextNolan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:31 PM   #31
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

I liked how Lois always has to right in the center of anything going on. That was brought across well. War, aliens, it doesn't matter, Lois is always going to be covering it. And inside it.

The only thing is I wish Lois was given more funny lines. She did get the odd few, but Lois is normally a character who can break up some of the serious or dark scenes with humor, but that was very much lacking.

But other than that, she kinda rocked the part. Not better than Erica Durance though, to me.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2- April 16th

Last edited by WarriorDreamer; 07-01-2013 at 07:51 PM.
WarriorDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:34 PM   #32
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
Oh and Lois still doesn't know CLark is Superman, another difference with the movie.
Are we talking New 52?

Last edited by Majik1387; 07-01-2013 at 08:10 PM. Reason: due to request.
Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:22 PM   #33
Kelly
I'm Awake!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDreamer View Post
I liked how Lois always has to right in the center of anything going on. That was brought across well. War, aliens, it doesn't matter, Lois is always going to be covering it. And inside it.

The only thing is I wish Lois was given more funny lines. She did get the odd few, but Lois is normally a character who can break up some of the serious or dark scenes with humor, but that was very much lacking.

Shallow comment:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I hope she can look okay in the sequel, because in this movie she looked the same age as Diane Lane, considering they purposefully made her look older. When Diane Lane looks normal, she looks the same age as AA.

But other than that, she kinda rocked the part. Not better than Erica Durance though, to me.
I believe you are ready for some new glasses.

You are really grasping at straws in order to justify your vote up there...really grasping.

Old 06-29-2013, 05:47 PM   #34
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Nothing new Kelly....smh

Old 06-29-2013, 11:45 PM   #35
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
One reason not to let Johns get near a Superman film.

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:49 PM   #36
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

Well what I will say is that I think they had Superman dating Wonder Woman to diversify things a little. He has been connected to Lois for so long I think they were wanting to try something new. I don't know when or even if Clark and Lois will get together, but I assume they will. I guess it might be another one way of showing how and why the two come together over and over. Maybe to also bring some interesting plot twists if/ when they eventually do start dating.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2- April 16th
WarriorDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:15 AM   #37
ArmsHeldOut
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
He's a jerk, he's dating WW while still pining for Lois, he's jealous of her boyfriend, fantasizes about her. Then there are other comics still in continuity in which he still has a strong bond with Lois, they're releasing Superman Unchained, with the focus on Lois & CLark, and then they'll be releasing a superman/WW comic too, even a version of the future had a son with Lois. Superboy is a clone of that son.

In the new 52 both parents dead, Jonathan and Martha, he's alone, totally alienated, it's like they wanted to cut all his ties to humanity.
Lois was a tv producer who apparently, cared more for entertainment news than real news, there was a huge backlash for this so Lobdell made her go back to being a reporter recently, but still, what the hell?

I've totally abandoned DC Comics but I keep up with what's going on. It's a huge mess. That's a superman I never EVER want to see in the Man of Steel franchise. EVER. I'm so glad the influence the movie had was based on all the most celebrated comics pre-new52.
I haven't read much of the new 52 outside of Batman comics, but this crap seems worse than I thought.

ArmsHeldOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:34 AM   #38
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Not to side track but I love this collage of Lois & Clark/Superman over 75 years
http://thedarkdamsel.tumblr.com/post...vqhk/500/false
credit: fyeahsupermanandloislane (originally from bionictorch)

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:03 AM   #39
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
I think the most it can come off as an F--- You to the New 52(which I honestly don't really see), is the strength of the relationship put in MoS between Lois and Superman.
The amount of gravitas put into their pairing just can't be written into a love triangle or another woman coming in with a possibility of taking Lois's relation at any point soon. It's just too strong with Lois and it would be unbelievable for another character to come close; even Diana.
Thanks sounds like a mess.

As for the whole sexism argument going on? It is a very valid point that everyone was counting down the days until RDJ signed onto Avengers 2. Meanwhile, many posters make snide remarks about Amy Adams, or for that matter Gwyneth Paltrow, being too old to play their parts now.

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:08 AM   #40
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Meanwhile, many posters make snide remarks about Amy Adams, or for that matter Gwyneth Paltrow, being too old to play their parts now.
Haters gonna hate. Gwyneth looks amazing in the 'Thanks for Sharing' trailer.

Amy is beautiful.

I like her voice, too.

Smart, spunky, good at her job - it was easy to see why Clark likes her. She felt like a real journalist, which applies to Adams more so than the others before her IMO. She was strong, kept herself together and was right in the action.

I'd love to see her in a Justice League movie dealing with Anne. They'd hit it off.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar
The Intern - Judy Garland biopic
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:13 AM   #41
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Most posters here have grown tired of the age debate when it comes to Amy just like posters in the Costume thread have grown tired of the trunks debate. It has been discussed to death. WD, you make it sound like all the Amy fans drove everyone who was against her casting off a cliff.

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:58 AM   #42
Project862006
Banned User

be honest you would of cast Olivia Wilde

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:03 AM   #43
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Careful Warrior. Audrey's a really good poster who writes really informed long posts (I wish she did more!). She's gotta be careful throwing the 's' word around like it's nothing though. It's definitely a very serious accusation, so one needs to be sure.

I really haven't noticed much negativity here towards Amy. Even back with the casting announcement way back when. And how can you possibly be against her? She's just such an awesome person to have involved in this franchise.

Everyone ages naturally. In 10 years Henry will be 40 and Amy will be 50. I'm sure they'll both look terrific. But should this iteration still be going then? I'd hate that they were just in serial perpetual films like RDJ. I can't imagine Amy even being up for that, as much as she loves the character.

There's still so much more I want to see out of Amy's Lois, which makes it even more exciting for the sequel really. I can't wait for Clark and Lois interacting at the DP.

Smallville13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:11 AM   #44
TheNextNolan22

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
Haters gonna hate. Gwyneth looks amazing in the 'Thanks for Sharing' trailer.

Amy is beautiful.

I like her voice, too.

Smart, spunky, good at her job - it was easy to see why Clark likes her. She felt like a real journalist, which applies to Adams more so than the others before her IMO. She was strong, kept herself together and was right in the action.

I'd love to see her in a Justice League movie dealing with Anne. They'd hit it off.

Old 06-30-2013, 03:14 AM   #45
Andreth
Side-Kick

^^

OH my god, what I wouldn't give to see that movie, with THAT cast!!

TRUEBLOOD
Old 06-30-2013, 03:21 AM   #46
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
^^

OH my god, what I wouldn't give to see that movie, with THAT cast!!
My thoughts exactly.

Mostly because I miss Anne's Selina.

Old 06-30-2013, 03:25 AM   #47
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
be honest you would of cast Olivia Wilde
Oh good GAWD no! She's beautiful but has she ever proven she can act. I almost believe her Lois would be more bland that Bosworth's. I have an entire list of who I wish had played Lois in this movie and Olivia is far from that list. She has the ideal Lois look reminiscent of Lois in TAS but she comes off like Megan Fox, all looks and no acting ability.

Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El

Last edited by Szetsilya; 06-30-2013 at 03:29 AM.
Szetsilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:26 AM   #48
Andreth
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
My thoughts exactly.

Mostly because I miss Anne's Selina.

Yeah, at least we know Amy can come back in a sequel.

But a movie with Bale and Anne returning seems impossible

TRUEBLOOD
Old 06-30-2013, 03:29 AM   #49
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, at least we know Amy can come back in a sequel.

But a movie with Bale and Anne returning seems impossible
It is a shame. It would have worked so well too. The Dark Knight. Man of Steel. World's Finest. Too bad Nolan closed up his story. Bale, Anne, Henry, and Amy would have worked so well together.

Smallville13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:31 AM   #50
TheNextNolan22

Ugh I still want to believe Nolan's Batman trilogy exists within the world of MOS.