The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Amy Adams As Lois Lane
Great Casting, I Love It 58 85.29%
Meh, I Can Deal With It 7 10.29%
I Don't Like It At All 3 4.41%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2013, 01:32 PM   #26
DACrowe
Side-Kick
 
DACrowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 25,697
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Okay, I haven not read a single issue about the New 52. I understand that Superman is now dating WW in that continuity, but what about MOS is so different or jarring? Just curious.

__________________
"Let us disappoint the Men who are raising themselves upon the ruin of this Country."

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:47 PM   #27
Andreth
Side-Kick
 
Andreth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fangtasia
Posts: 2,677
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
Okay, I haven not read a single issue about the New 52. I understand that Superman is now dating WW in that continuity, but what about MOS is so different or jarring? Just curious.
He's a jerk, he's dating WW while still pining for Lois, he's jealous of her boyfriend, fantasizes about her. Then there are other comics still in continuity in which he still has a strong bond with Lois, they're releasing Superman Unchained, with the focus on Lois & CLark, and then they'll be releasing a superman/WW comic too, even a version of the future had a son with Lois. Superboy is a clone of that son.

In the new 52 both parents dead, Jonathan and Martha, he's alone, totally alienated, it's like they wanted to cut all his ties to humanity.
Lois was a tv producer who apparently, cared more for entertainment news than real news, there was a huge backlash for this so Lobdell made her go back to being a reporter recently, but still, what the hell?

The focus is mostly on Superman, not so much on CK.
I've totally abandoned DC Comics but I keep up with what's going on. It's a huge mess. That's a superman I never EVER want to see in the Man of Steel franchise. EVER. I'm so glad the influence the movie had was based on all the most celebrated comics pre-new52.

__________________
"A 12 year old Ben Linus brought me a chicken salad sandwich. How do you think I'm doing?"
LOST


"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD

Last edited by Andreth; 06-29-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Andreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:47 PM   #28
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D
 
Majik1387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Theme Park central
Posts: 37,297
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

I think the most it can come off as an F--- You to the New 52(which I honestly don't really see), is the strength of the relationship put in MoS between Lois and Superman.
The amount of gravitas put into their pairing just can't be written into a love triangle or another woman coming in with a possibility of taking Lois's relation at any point soon. It's just too strong with Lois and it would be unbelievable for another character to come close; even Diana.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:00 PM   #29
Andreth
Side-Kick
 
Andreth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fangtasia
Posts: 2,677
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Oh and Lois still doesn't know CLark is Superman, another difference with the movie.

__________________
"A 12 year old Ben Linus brought me a chicken salad sandwich. How do you think I'm doing?"
LOST


"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Andreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:03 PM   #30
TheNextNolan22
Daniel Bryan Has Arrived!
 
TheNextNolan22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The TARDIS in Los Santos
Posts: 23,175
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

The movie as a whole was kind of a **** you to the New 52.

__________________
Superman DOES NOT kill.....except in comics, TV, movies, and video games.
75 Years of BATMAN-My hero
#ThankYouTaker

60 Years of GODZILLA-The King of the Monsters
TheNextNolan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:31 PM   #31
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick
 
WarriorDreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Writersland
Posts: 1,487
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

I liked how Lois always has to right in the center of anything going on. That was brought across well. War, aliens, it doesn't matter, Lois is always going to be covering it. And inside it.

The only thing is I wish Lois was given more funny lines. She did get the odd few, but Lois is normally a character who can break up some of the serious or dark scenes with humor, but that was very much lacking.


But other than that, she kinda rocked the part. Not better than Erica Durance though, to me.

__________________
"Peter Parker- Do you know what it is I love about being Spider-Man? Everything."

The Amazing Spider-Man 2- April 16th

Last edited by WarriorDreamer; 07-01-2013 at 07:51 PM.
WarriorDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:34 PM   #32
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D
 
Majik1387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Theme Park central
Posts: 37,297
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
Oh and Lois still doesn't know CLark is Superman, another difference with the movie.
Are we talking New 52?


Last edited by Majik1387; 07-01-2013 at 08:10 PM. Reason: due to request.
Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:22 PM   #33
Kelly
I'm Awake!
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 56,948
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDreamer View Post
I liked how Lois always has to right in the center of anything going on. That was brought across well. War, aliens, it doesn't matter, Lois is always going to be covering it. And inside it.

The only thing is I wish Lois was given more funny lines. She did get the odd few, but Lois is normally a character who can break up some of the serious or dark scenes with humor, but that was very much lacking.

Shallow comment:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I hope she can look okay in the sequel, because in this movie she looked the same age as Diane Lane, considering they purposefully made her look older. When Diane Lane looks normal, she looks the same age as AA.


But other than that, she kinda rocked the part. Not better than Erica Durance though, to me.
I believe you are ready for some new glasses.

You are really grasping at straws in order to justify your vote up there...really grasping.

__________________
"Those who can, do...Those who can do more, teach."
Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:47 PM   #34
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,243
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Nothing new Kelly....smh

__________________
I hate the internet
manofsteel4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:45 PM   #35
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious
 
LibidoLoca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 11,259
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
Okay, I haven not read a single issue about the New 52. I understand that Superman is now dating WW in that continuity, but what about MOS is so different or jarring? Just curious.
One reason not to let Johns get near a Superman film.

__________________
BRYAN SINGER | ZACK SNYDER | JOSS WHEDON
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST | WORLD'S FINEST | AGE OF ULTRON
*\S/T*
LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:49 PM   #36
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick
 
WarriorDreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Writersland
Posts: 1,487
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Well what I will say is that I think they had Superman dating Wonder Woman to diversify things a little. He has been connected to Lois for so long I think they were wanting to try something new. I don't know when or even if Clark and Lois will get together, but I assume they will. I guess it might be another one way of showing how and why the two come together over and over. Maybe to also bring some interesting plot twists if/ when they eventually do start dating.

__________________
"Peter Parker- Do you know what it is I love about being Spider-Man? Everything."

The Amazing Spider-Man 2- April 16th
WarriorDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:15 AM   #37
ArmsHeldOut
The Voice of Reason
 
ArmsHeldOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Norah O'Donnell's bed/Western Massachusetts
Posts: 6,357
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
He's a jerk, he's dating WW while still pining for Lois, he's jealous of her boyfriend, fantasizes about her. Then there are other comics still in continuity in which he still has a strong bond with Lois, they're releasing Superman Unchained, with the focus on Lois & CLark, and then they'll be releasing a superman/WW comic too, even a version of the future had a son with Lois. Superboy is a clone of that son.

In the new 52 both parents dead, Jonathan and Martha, he's alone, totally alienated, it's like they wanted to cut all his ties to humanity.
Lois was a tv producer who apparently, cared more for entertainment news than real news, there was a huge backlash for this so Lobdell made her go back to being a reporter recently, but still, what the hell?

The focus is mostly on Superman, not so much on CK.
I've totally abandoned DC Comics but I keep up with what's going on. It's a huge mess. That's a superman I never EVER want to see in the Man of Steel franchise. EVER. I'm so glad the influence the movie had was based on all the most celebrated comics pre-new52.
I haven't read much of the new 52 outside of Batman comics, but this crap seems worse than I thought.

ArmsHeldOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:34 AM   #38
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger
 
The Caped Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New York City
Posts: 26,906
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Not to side track but I love this collage of Lois & Clark/Superman over 75 years
http://thedarkdamsel.tumblr.com/post...vqhk/500/false
credit: fyeahsupermanandloislane (originally from bionictorch)

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:03 AM   #39
DACrowe
Side-Kick
 
DACrowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 25,697
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
He's a jerk, he's dating WW while still pining for Lois, he's jealous of her boyfriend, fantasizes about her. Then there are other comics still in continuity in which he still has a strong bond with Lois, they're releasing Superman Unchained, with the focus on Lois & CLark, and then they'll be releasing a superman/WW comic too, even a version of the future had a son with Lois. Superboy is a clone of that son.

In the new 52 both parents dead, Jonathan and Martha, he's alone, totally alienated, it's like they wanted to cut all his ties to humanity.
Lois was a tv producer who apparently, cared more for entertainment news than real news, there was a huge backlash for this so Lobdell made her go back to being a reporter recently, but still, what the hell?

The focus is mostly on Superman, not so much on CK.
I've totally abandoned DC Comics but I keep up with what's going on. It's a huge mess. That's a superman I never EVER want to see in the Man of Steel franchise. EVER. I'm so glad the influence the movie had was based on all the most celebrated comics pre-new52.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
I think the most it can come off as an F--- You to the New 52(which I honestly don't really see), is the strength of the relationship put in MoS between Lois and Superman.
The amount of gravitas put into their pairing just can't be written into a love triangle or another woman coming in with a possibility of taking Lois's relation at any point soon. It's just too strong with Lois and it would be unbelievable for another character to come close; even Diana.
Thanks sounds like a mess.

***

As for the whole sexism argument going on? It is a very valid point that everyone was counting down the days until RDJ signed onto Avengers 2. Meanwhile, many posters make snide remarks about Amy Adams, or for that matter Gwyneth Paltrow, being too old to play their parts now.

__________________
"Let us disappoint the Men who are raising themselves upon the ruin of this Country."

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:08 AM   #40
AnneFan
Hathaway #1
 
AnneFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 12,249
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
Meanwhile, many posters make snide remarks about Amy Adams, or for that matter Gwyneth Paltrow, being too old to play their parts now.
Haters gonna hate. Gwyneth looks amazing in the 'Thanks for Sharing' trailer.

Amy is beautiful.

I like her voice, too.

Smart, spunky, good at her job - it was easy to see why Clark likes her. She felt like a real journalist, which applies to Adams more so than the others before her IMO. She was strong, kept herself together and was right in the action.

I'd love to see her in a Justice League movie dealing with Anne. They'd hit it off.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

__________________
I dreamed a dream and "it came true."
- Anne Hathaway, actress in a supporting role winner 2013 Oscars.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar
The Intern - Judy Garland biopic
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:13 AM   #41
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious
 
LibidoLoca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 11,259
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Most posters here have grown tired of the age debate when it comes to Amy just like posters in the Costume thread have grown tired of the trunks debate. It has been discussed to death. WD, you make it sound like all the Amy fans drove everyone who was against her casting off a cliff.

__________________
BRYAN SINGER | ZACK SNYDER | JOSS WHEDON
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST | WORLD'S FINEST | AGE OF ULTRON
*\S/T*
LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:58 AM   #42
Project862006
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,208
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

be honest you would of cast Olivia Wilde

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:03 AM   #43
Smallville13
Side-Kick
 
Smallville13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,604
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Careful Warrior. Audrey's a really good poster who writes really informed long posts (I wish she did more!). She's gotta be careful throwing the 's' word around like it's nothing though. It's definitely a very serious accusation, so one needs to be sure.

I really haven't noticed much negativity here towards Amy. Even back with the casting announcement way back when. And how can you possibly be against her? She's just such an awesome person to have involved in this franchise.

Everyone ages naturally. In 10 years Henry will be 40 and Amy will be 50. I'm sure they'll both look terrific. But should this iteration still be going then? I'd hate that they were just in serial perpetual films like RDJ. I can't imagine Amy even being up for that, as much as she loves the character.

There's still so much more I want to see out of Amy's Lois, which makes it even more exciting for the sequel really. I can't wait for Clark and Lois interacting at the DP.

Smallville13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:11 AM   #44
TheNextNolan22
Daniel Bryan Has Arrived!
 
TheNextNolan22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The TARDIS in Los Santos
Posts: 23,175
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
Haters gonna hate. Gwyneth looks amazing in the 'Thanks for Sharing' trailer.

Amy is beautiful.

I like her voice, too.

Smart, spunky, good at her job - it was easy to see why Clark likes her. She felt like a real journalist, which applies to Adams more so than the others before her IMO. She was strong, kept herself together and was right in the action.

I'd love to see her in a Justice League movie dealing with Anne. They'd hit it off.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:



__________________
Superman DOES NOT kill.....except in comics, TV, movies, and video games.
75 Years of BATMAN-My hero
#ThankYouTaker

60 Years of GODZILLA-The King of the Monsters
TheNextNolan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:14 AM   #45
Andreth
Side-Kick
 
Andreth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fangtasia
Posts: 2,677
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

^^

OH my god, what I wouldn't give to see that movie, with THAT cast!!

__________________
"A 12 year old Ben Linus brought me a chicken salad sandwich. How do you think I'm doing?"
LOST


"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Andreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:21 AM   #46
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!
 
Anita18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 23,528
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
^^

OH my god, what I wouldn't give to see that movie, with THAT cast!!
My thoughts exactly.

Mostly because I miss Anne's Selina.

__________________
To relive the TDK virals (or learn more!) visit http://www.whysoseriousredux.com
Anita18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:25 AM   #47
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane
 
Szetsilya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United States of Obama
Posts: 1,463
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
be honest you would of cast Olivia Wilde
Oh good GAWD no! She's beautiful but has she ever proven she can act. I almost believe her Lois would be more bland that Bosworth's. I have an entire list of who I wish had played Lois in this movie and Olivia is far from that list. She has the ideal Lois look reminiscent of Lois in TAS but she comes off like Megan Fox, all looks and no acting ability.

__________________
Henry Cavill is Superman/Clark Kent
Anne Hathaway, Natalie Dormer or Rachel McAdams for Lois Lane
Russel Crowe is Jor-El
Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El


Last edited by Szetsilya; 06-30-2013 at 03:29 AM.
Szetsilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:26 AM   #48
Andreth
Side-Kick
 
Andreth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fangtasia
Posts: 2,677
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
My thoughts exactly.

Mostly because I miss Anne's Selina.

Yeah, at least we know Amy can come back in a sequel.


But a movie with Bale and Anne returning seems impossible

__________________
"A 12 year old Ben Linus brought me a chicken salad sandwich. How do you think I'm doing?"
LOST


"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Andreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:29 AM   #49
Smallville13
Side-Kick
 
Smallville13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,604
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
Yeah, at least we know Amy can come back in a sequel.


But a movie with Bale and Anne returning seems impossible
It is a shame. It would have worked so well too. The Dark Knight. Man of Steel. World's Finest. Too bad Nolan closed up his story. Bale, Anne, Henry, and Amy would have worked so well together.

Smallville13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:31 AM   #50
TheNextNolan22
Daniel Bryan Has Arrived!
 
TheNextNolan22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The TARDIS in Los Santos
Posts: 23,175
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Ugh I still want to believe Nolan's Batman trilogy exists within the world of MOS.

__________________
Superman DOES NOT kill.....except in comics, TV, movies, and video games.
75 Years of BATMAN-My hero
#ThankYouTaker

60 Years of GODZILLA-The King of the Monsters
TheNextNolan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.