The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Amy Adams As Lois Lane
Great Casting, I Love It 58 85.29%
Meh, I Can Deal With It 7 10.29%
I Don't Like It At All 3 4.41%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2013, 11:55 PM   #651
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,343
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Well, the good thing about this is that Amy is such a great and easily likable Lois that I'm sure she'll make this a great experience to watch.

But honestly, I'm just going to go into this film from now on not caring as much about the Clark and Lois romance like I did for MOS since I think that's what's hampering my potential enjoyment of this WF film, well that among other things, since no matter how I see it at the moment, Batman is a threat to that romance. That and it's going to be annoying as hell having to read so many posts in the future on how Lois has two of DC's greatest heroes whipped for knowing their secrets so easily and being able to control them, even though the statement is clearly not true of course.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:00 AM   #652
Andreth
Side-Kick
 
Andreth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fangtasia
Posts: 2,689
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

I think Lana had big chances to be in a MoS sequel, but given that this will include Batman I doubt she'll ever be introduced now.

Lois can be friends with Selina, Barbara or someone from Batman's universe now.

__________________
"A 12 year old Ben Linus brought me a chicken salad sandwich. How do you think I'm doing?"
LOST


"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Andreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:02 AM   #653
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,343
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
I think Lana had big chances to be in a MoS sequel, but given that this will include Batman I doubt she'll ever be introduced now.

Lois can be friends with Selina, Barbara or someone from Batman's universe now.
Probably, but it definitely won't be taking place in WF since I doubt that they'll be bringing anyone else other than Alfred and potentially a batman foe into the mix.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:03 AM   #654
Andreth
Side-Kick
 
Andreth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fangtasia
Posts: 2,689
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
But honestly, I'm just going to go into this film from now on not caring as much about the Clark and Lois romance like I did for MOS since I think that's what's hampering my potential enjoyment of this WF film, well that among other things, since no matter how I see it at the moment, Batman is a threat to that romance.
I was over the moon at first, but now I fear for what it could mean for Lois, Clark as a reporter, and the Clark and Lois relationship development .

I feel all that is gonna take a backseat against the sacred Batman.

__________________
"A 12 year old Ben Linus brought me a chicken salad sandwich. How do you think I'm doing?"
LOST


"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Andreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:04 AM   #655
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10,398
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Please stop saying that, it's not going to happen, they're not that stupid. Snyder does not worship at the alter of Batman and loves Superman, this complaint is really starting to annoy me.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:04 AM   #656
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.
 
MrMaooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MI6 Headquarters
Posts: 16,267
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Honestly, Zack just seems way too caught up with action and visuals to include a love triangle.

__________________
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."
MrMaooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:06 AM   #657
Andreth
Side-Kick
 
Andreth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fangtasia
Posts: 2,689
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Probably, but it definitely won't be taking place in WF since I doubt that they'll be bringing anyone else other than Alfred and potentially a batman foe into the mix.
I'll try to remain positive for now, If I see things leaning towards Batman's camp more and more with Snyder, Goyer and Nolan casting more Batman characters, and quoting more lines where Batman is superior to Superman then I'll start worrying again.

__________________
"A 12 year old Ben Linus brought me a chicken salad sandwich. How do you think I'm doing?"
LOST


"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Andreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:10 AM   #658
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10,398
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Seriously, people are still complaining that Snyder will favor Batman. I give up, people apparently aren't rational enough to actually wait until we know ANYTHING instead of jumping to conclusion that have no basis in fact. I thought that fans would have learned from the other times they were wrong, but apparently not.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:16 AM   #659
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,343
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
I was over the moon at first, but now I fear for what it could mean for Lois, Clark as a reporter, and the Clark and Lois relationship development .

I feel all that is gonna take a backseat against the sacred Batman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Honestly, Zack just seems way too caught up with action and visuals to include a love triangle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
I'll try to remain positive for now, If I see things leaning towards Batman's camp more and more with Snyder, Goyer and Nolan casting more Batman characters, and quoting more lines where Batman is superior to Superman then I'll start worrying again.


Like I've said elsewhere, it really depends on how they're planning on using Batman in this film. I mean whether people like it or not, Batman is now a part of the Superman franchise. There's no changing that.

I'd like to think that the interactions between Clark, Bruce, and Lois would be similar to the Sherlock Holmes' characters that Robert Downey Jr., Jude Law, and Rachel McAdams played in the first film.

And just in case if anyone really wants to know why I personally think that there's a chance for a love triangle and why I'm so sensitive about it, I'll just post it here so I don't have to sound like a broken record about it in the future.

I was a big fan of the Mary Jane and Peter Parker romance prior to the Sam Raimi films, and I loved the relationship of Clark and Lois as well before SR came out.

However, after those two films, it definitely left a bad taste in my mouth because the relationships were portrayed in such a terrible way. Also, I'm just not a fan of the idea of one of the reasons why friction exists between two iconic characters being because of a shared love interest for them both.

Nevertheless, the reason why I think it's possible that there might be one is due to the Harvey Dent and Rachel Dawes factor from "The Dark Knight".

One of the reasons why Harvey was in the film was to show Batman on what a real hero could be like that didn't use the mask; even Bruce felt that Harvey was the better hero, hence why Rachel was with him.

If World's Finest is about Batman making Superman think that Batman is the better hero then there's a good chance that they'll further represent that by having Lois with Bruce in some form to emphasize that plot line.

Plus, when you consider on how identical Bruce and Clark are to the characters of Wolverine and Cyclops and how that triangle played out involving Jean, along with how Elizabeth was given like to literally every young dude in the Pirates franchise, along with how Bruce Timm portrayed the World's Finest film, then yeah, there is legit reasons imho on why I'd be worried about the relationship for Clark and Lois and Superman in general when Batman is involved.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:36 AM   #660
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.
 
MrMaooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MI6 Headquarters
Posts: 16,267
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11


__________________
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."
MrMaooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:40 AM   #661
LordofhouseEl
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,106
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
and quoting more lines where Batman is superior to Superman then I'll start worrying again.
That's the stupidest thing they could have done but I guess they had to establish batman as a credible threat.

LordofhouseEl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:38 PM   #662
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10,398
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

People making grand assumptions based on zero evidence is also stupid.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:43 PM   #663
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,343
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
People making grand assumptions based on zero evidence is also stupid.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:08 PM   #664
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10,398
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

That's funny Herolee, where is that vid from.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:23 PM   #665
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,343
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
That's funny Herolee, where is that vid from.
lol; to be honest, I'm not sure. I just found it while I was browsing through Imgur for some gifs.

Oh and another wish of mine for this film regarding Loisís role, I hope that they donít allow her to become a damsel in distress since filmmakers have a bad tendency to fall into that trap as well when it comes to their female leads whenever a franchise grows.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:45 PM   #666
Andreth
Side-Kick
 
Andreth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fangtasia
Posts: 2,689
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

lol





from this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sX0bkRrgy0

__________________
"A 12 year old Ben Linus brought me a chicken salad sandwich. How do you think I'm doing?"
LOST


"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Andreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:11 PM   #667
Superchan
Side-Kick
 
Superchan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: new zealand
Posts: 1,667
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Seriously, people are still complaining that Snyder will favor Batman. I give up, people apparently aren't rational enough to actually wait until we know ANYTHING instead of jumping to conclusion that have no basis in fact. I thought that fans would have learned from the other times they were wrong, but apparently not.
Loki my friend, you're talking about fanboys here! logic and rationality don't exist in the geek dictionary!!

As for lois's role in WF, well there was a 2 part Jeph Loeb story during his days on the superman title where lois teams up with batman and they break into the white house to steal the kryptonite ring that's in lex's possession. It had some good interactions between lois and Batman, for example:

Lois uses a mock up bat signal and batman asks her why she didn't just call. Lois seemed surprised by that statement and says "and how am I supposed to do that? go to the phone book and look you up under the initial B!!"
Batman then realizes that Lois doesn't know his secret ID and thinks to himself "damn it Clark you should've told me that she didn't know!!"

Theres is another scene where batman grabs lois and starts swinging from one building to the next and lois looked very scared, batman tells her:

"you scared? you've most of flown with him more times than you can count"

and lois responds by saying "don't flatter your self, he can fly!!"

I can see lois playing a pivotal role in WF, where she'd help clark figure this "nut from gotham city" out or they could go further and highlight her investigative skills but having her figure batman's ID out.
Lois could also be used to flush out batman's origin abit, where you have her monologue Bruce wayne's tragic night and his subsequent disappearance thus giving the audience a few minute recap of this new batman's origin.
Basically there are alot of ways to make a lois, clark, batman/bruce interactions credible and entertaining without resolving to a cheesy love triangle especially since MOS established L&C's relationship and doing anything otherwise would cheapen the whole thing.

Superchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:09 PM   #668
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,343
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchan View Post
Loki my friend, you're talking about fanboys here! logic and rationality don't exist in the geek dictionary!!

As for lois's role in WF, well there was a 2 part Jeph Loeb story during his days on the superman title where lois teams up with batman and they break into the white house to steal the kryptonite ring that's in lex's possession. It had some good interactions between lois and Batman, for example:

Lois uses a mock up bat signal and batman asks her why she didn't just call. Lois seemed surprised by that statement and says "and how am I supposed to do that? go to the phone book and look you up under the initial B!!"
Batman then realizes that Lois doesn't know his secret ID and thinks to himself "damn it Clark you should've told me that she didn't know!!"

Theres is another scene where batman grabs lois and starts swinging from one building to the next and lois looked very scared, batman tells her:

"you scared? you've most of flown with him more times than you can count"

and lois responds by saying "don't flatter your self, he can fly!!"

I can see lois playing a pivotal role in WF, where she'd help clark figure this "nut from gotham city" out or they could go further and highlight her investigative skills but having her figure batman's ID out.
Lois could also be used to flush out batman's origin abit, where you have her monologue Bruce wayne's tragic night and his subsequent disappearance thus giving the audience a few minute recap of this new batman's origin.
Basically there are alot of ways to make a lois, clark, batman/bruce interactions credible and entertaining without resolving to a cheesy love triangle especially since MOS established L&C's relationship and doing anything otherwise would cheapen the whole thing.



I hope Snyder and Goyer are taking note of this.lol On a strictly platonic level, Batman and Lois are make for good friends and co-workers when it comes to taking down villains in the same manner that Superman and Wonder woman make when you don't include any cheap romance between them (ala the New 52).

Plus, on a realistic side, Bruce shouldn't even be Lois's type even if she were single, especially after meeting someone like Clark already.

Bruce's taste in women fall along the lines of femme fatales like Talia or Selina.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:50 PM   #669
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10,398
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Yeah, the man who has such an obsessive commitment to justice and fighting crime just can't help but being attracted to women of "questionable" morality and ethics.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:04 AM   #670
Smallville13
Side-Kick
 
Smallville13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,936
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
Omg Amy. Hahaha.

Smallville13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:06 AM   #671
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10,398
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Her face is hilarious.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:14 AM   #672
Superchan
Side-Kick
 
Superchan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: new zealand
Posts: 1,667
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

Amy is adorable and I might be alone on this but I thought she was unbelievably hot in MOS honest to god the sexiest lois lane ever (even more so than Durance and Hatcher and thats saying a hell of a lot!). I also loved her lois, personally I've never been a lois fan mainly due to the fact that the comic writers were never quite able to write her an smart independent focused woman without making her come off as b****y and unlikable but I have to hand it to Goyer, his LL was perfection! One of the film's common complaints is the fact that the romance thing was forced but I just can't agree, I would fall for Amy's smart, brave, sexy and TRUSTWORTHY (the main selling point here) lois in an instant, the only thing I found unbelievable was the fact that cavill's Clark restrained himself for most of the movie, because any one else besides superman would've been all over her!
To Goyer and Snyder.....give me more Amy's lois in WF and I will forgive all!

Superchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:21 AM   #673
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10,398
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

No your certainly not alone. Amy was gorgeous in MOS and awesome/fun/witty as well.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:42 AM   #674
Smallville13
Side-Kick
 
Smallville13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,936
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11



Ha Rus copping a feel.

Smallville13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:45 AM   #675
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,343
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

As Long as Lois is written as well as she was in MOS, and used well, and her relationship with Superman/Clark is respected and well developed, then I'll be happy with that.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.