The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Sony

Old 07-01-2013, 04:39 AM   #1
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

Default Hotline Miami

How come nobody is talking about this game? It's da best game evar!

If you like hardcore games, with lot of blood, ****ed up characters, a real challenge and an old school gameplay, this is the game for you.

It takes place in 1989. You're basically a hitman, and everytime you get a contact, you have to clean a building full of russian mob. it looks like the first GTA, with the same view from the top. It's a lot bloodier than gta though. You'll die a lot in this game. A single bullet or hit can kill you. And likewise, you only need one hit to kill a dude. But you can't go berserk on them. You have to study the place, study how the dudes move, and plan carefully how you will kill them. Gameplaywise, it's a real challenge, but it's also really rewarding.

The mood is akin to the mood of Drive. But it also makes you think you're in a David Lynch movie. Your character is really unreliable, and you don't know if he's insane, or if everything is true. He hides his face with animal masks during the killings. The ost is brilliant. I urge you to listen to the menu soundtrack: sun araw - horse stepping.

This game was released on pc in 2012, and it's been released on ps3 and ps vita 3 days ago. It's cross buy, meaning you'll pay once and you'll get it for both the ps3 and the vita. It costs 8$ on the psn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
It's Zryson. Everything he says is so funny.
Naked Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:51 AM   #2
Electro UK
Can't all be for nothing

Default Re: Hotline Miami

It's incredible on PC - I want it on Vita but I was waiting for the general consensus on the controls. I'm more than happy to fork out the cash again if it holds up.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:56 AM   #3
Crockett
With Teeth

One of my favorites from last year, I really like using KB+M for this but perhaps I'll be double dipping down the line if it's equally as good for the PS3.

Excited for the sequel, it's suppose to come later this year if I'm not mistaken.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:35 PM   #4
Destructus86
Side-Kick

I'm not really into 8-bit graphics...if they had gone with 16 bit I would totally have gotten it

Old 07-03-2013, 02:18 AM   #5
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

I find the controls to be really effective, both on the ps3, and on the vita. I prefer to play it on the vita though.

The graphics add a lot to the general mood imo, it makes you feel like you're back in 1989, which is perfect for the game.

I saw a video of the sequel, it looks even crazier than the first one! You can check it on youtube.

Quote:
Old 07-03-2013, 03:33 AM   #6
Master Chief
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electro UK View Post
It's incredible on PC - I want it on Vita but I was waiting for the general consensus on the controls. I'm more than happy to fork out the cash again if it holds up.
I'm not a fan of playing it on PS3 but it handles great on Vita. I still prefer mouse/keyboard but it's fantastic getting to play it when I'm not home. The exclusive mask PSN gets has a wicked overlay effect that makes the world black & white but leaves the blood red, it's probably my favorite out of them all.

The locking system is a bit iffy, it locks onto the person closest to you even if that person is in another room. It's lead to some deaths since I tried to lock onto guys running at me and it would snap to someone on the other side of a wall but hey, it's Hotline Miami, I would have probably gotten killed anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Léo Ho Tep View Post
I find the controls to be really effective, both on the ps3, and on the vita. I prefer to play it on the vita though.

The graphics add a lot to the general mood imo, it makes you feel like you're back in 1989, which is perfect for the game.

I saw a video of the sequel, it looks even crazier than the first one! You can check it on youtube.
The story sounds insane. I'm not sure if it's coming to PSN right away though, but I hope it does!

Old 07-03-2013, 05:39 AM   #7
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
I'm not a fan of playing it on PS3 but it handles great on Vita. I still prefer mouse/keyboard but it's fantastic getting to play it when I'm not home. The exclusive mask PSN gets has a wicked overlay effect that makes the world black & white but leaves the blood red, it's probably my favorite out of them all.

The locking system is a bit iffy, it locks onto the person closest to you even if that person is in another room. It's lead to some deaths since I tried to lock onto guys running at me and it would snap to someone on the other side of a wall but hey, it's Hotline Miami, I would have probably gotten killed anyway.

The story sounds insane. I'm not sure if it's coming to PSN right away though, but I hope it does!
Imo, it's definitely a game one should play on the vita. The sequel is announced on pc later this year, so I guess it won't be available on the psn until 2014. I'm really interested to know where thing will be going in this sequel! Tons of possibilities!

Quote:
Old 10-26-2013, 07:26 PM   #8
Havok83
Side-Kick

I played this game bc its a PS+ offer and man is it weird

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:33 PM   #9
badgrammar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
I'm not really into 8-bit graphics...if they had gone with 16 bit I would totally have gotten it
The game is very artistic and the atmosphere is great. It's actually very visional. You're missing out.

badgrammar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:39 PM   #10
Soapy
It's happening again...

My favorite game of last year.

Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 06:08 AM   #11
Electro UK
Can't all be for nothing

My 2nd favorite game of last year (after XCOM).

Old 10-28-2013, 05:39 AM   #12
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

When is the second installment due on the vita?

Quote:
Old 10-28-2013, 07:31 AM   #13
Soapy
It's happening again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electro UK View Post
My 2nd favorite game of last year (after XCOM).
XCOM is my number two.

Old 11-12-2013, 02:53 PM   #14
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

I own it on PC, and was having a hard time getting used to the controls. I think me being a console gamer my whole life is probably why that's happened.

But, lately I've been playing it on my PS3 blasting it with my headset.

It's so good.

ChrisBaleBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:41 PM   #15
Soapy
It's happening again...

It might be because I started playing with mouse and keyboard, but I tried to use a controller a couple of times and just couldn't get used to it. I found both methods of control are advantageous in different situations though, even if I couldn't quite master using the controller.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:54 PM   #16
Brother Jack
Onion Knight

Played this game recently through Playstation Plus. It's very weird and unique and a just little trashy. I've gotten the secret ending and I still don't quite know what the plot actually was. It's impressive to me that the extreme violence was as effective to me as it was given the rudimentary graphics, but it was still really fun.

For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning.
Brother Jack is offline   Reply With Quote