The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 03:37 PM   #101
S. Grundy
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontin View Post
"With great power comes great responsibility", Spider-Man is not the Kick-Ass movie.
Ben had no powers to stop him.
The problem isn't that he stood up to a criminal, it's the how. A gun slides in front of him and he dives for it and gets in a struggle.

Even though S-M 3 was a retcon, it showed Ben's approach to trying to stop a criminal, which felt more believable character wise.

Old 08-14-2013, 04:35 PM   #102
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
Sorry, but Peter in Ultimate Spider-Man is nothing like Peter in TASM.

They're both teenagers I guess...? Otherwise, Peter in Ultimate is much closer to the Tobey Maguire version.
Nope he's 616

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
I'm not a fanboy, I'm just an entusiastic Spider-Man fan...
Avvy by OriginalMiles
Old 08-14-2013, 04:40 PM   #103
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Grundy View Post
The problem isn't that he stood up to a criminal, it's the how. A gun slides in front of him and he dives for it and gets in a struggle.

Even though S-M 3 was a retcon, it showed Ben's approach to trying to stop a criminal, which felt more believable character wise.
Dude?! Are you saying Ben should have went "F*** this I'm not stopping you"

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Avvy by OriginalMiles

Last edited by Green Goblin; 08-14-2013 at 04:54 PM.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:55 PM   #104
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Lol people giving TASM and SM2 lack while praising SM3?
I feel like I'm on bizarro earth.

Avvy by OriginalMiles
Old 08-14-2013, 04:56 PM   #105
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:

That might be a valid point. Maybe a senile Ben would think that "Mr. Thug, go home" would work.

Old 08-14-2013, 07:37 PM   #106
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
Lol people giving TASM and SM2 lack while praising SM3?
I feel like I'm on bizarro earth.
If it makes you feel any better,I'd say Spider-Man 1 is the best.I personally don't see another Spidey film ever beating it.

Old 08-15-2013, 03:48 AM   #107
sontin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yes, Yes, Yes!
Uncle Ben is not Spider-Man. He has no "power" and so no "responsibility" to catch the thief.

Maybe you guys should think about the "With great power comes great responsibility" slogan, because it makes no sense when even without power everyone should do the Spider-Man thing.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:24 AM   #108
optimus2861
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Pleasury View Post
That might be a valid point. Maybe a senile Ben would think that "Mr. Thug, go home" would work.
Senile What a ridiculous thing to say. An elderly Ben knows very well he can't win a physical confrontation with a much younger man holding a gun on him. It's talk him down or nothing.

Old 08-15-2013, 12:01 PM   #109
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
Yes, Yes, Yes!
Uncle Ben is not Spider-Man. He has no "power" and so no "responsibility" to catch the thief.

Maybe you guys should think about the "With great power comes great responsibility" slogan, because it makes no sense when even without power everyone should do the Spider-Man thing.
It seems that Ben in this movie, thought that a man could make a difference, no matter how old he could be. You know, that stupid kind of things some people think.

Old 08-15-2013, 06:23 PM   #110
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Quote:

Different people, different reactions?

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, Yes, Yes!

You mean the guy who said his brother's motto "If something is in your ability to do you must do it. It's not a choice, a responsibility"? And who felt obliged to obey the rule he preached his nephew of to set a proper example?

Old 08-16-2013, 02:09 PM   #111
OcStat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yes, Yes, Yes!

OK yeah, you really missed the entire point of that "slogan".

Old 09-02-2013, 11:01 AM   #112
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

I love that moment in Spider-Man 2 when Spidey raises the cable in the warehouse for Ock to hit
After all the attacks Octavius endured from Spider-Man, my disbelief was already broken with that moment, can't keep facepalming without enjoying

Old 09-02-2013, 11:08 PM   #113
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

You were bothered by Ock succumbing to 10,000 volts shooting directly into his spine?

Old 09-02-2013, 11:22 PM   #114
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

When I look at it on its own, he should've died
While watching the whole movie I know I made too many 's to go on with this, as far as I can withstand

Old 09-05-2013, 05:07 PM   #115
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

I just had a moment of grim reality. Sir Ben Kingsley was dropped in favour of Topher Grace. ***** Sony.

Old 09-05-2013, 05:19 PM   #116
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

He was supposed to be the Vulture.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
Old 09-08-2013, 11:06 AM   #117
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Anyone find it werid how Doc Ock could take fall damage from a tower and Spider-Man's punches? I am aware Spidey pulls em' back but still...

Avvy by OriginalMiles
Old 09-08-2013, 11:54 AM   #118
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
... yes.

Old 09-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #119
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
I just had a moment of grim reality. Sir Ben Kingsley was dropped in favour of Topher Grace. ***** Sony.
But then we may have never gotten Trevor

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:39 PM   #120
DX
YES! YES! YES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
Malkovich should have been Vulture.

But alas, no...And he ends up in Transformers 3.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/spiderman3 - SIGN IT.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:40 PM   #121
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Anyone here thought Topher Grace was miscast as Venom?

Avvy by OriginalMiles
Old 09-08-2013, 02:41 PM   #122
OcStat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
Anyone find it werid how Doc Ock could take fall damage from a tower and Spider-Man's punches? I am aware Spidey pulls em' back but still...
I'd imagine his mechanical arms helped break his fall. But yeah it did not look like Spider-Man was pulling those punches on the skyscraper and train, he was pretty angry.

The ol' "webs over the glasses and one to the face" probably just wouldn't have been as exciting on screen for the big showdown.

Old 09-08-2013, 03:02 PM   #123
Rodrigo90
Smartest Guy In The Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
Anyone here thought Topher Grace was miscast as Venom?
Not really. Not for the characterization of Brock/Venom they wanted.

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Old 09-08-2013, 03:05 PM   #124
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

As Venom, maybe. But personally I really loved the direction that they went with for Brock and I think Topher did a good job with that.

Old 09-08-2013, 03:27 PM   #125
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcStat View Post
I'd imagine his mechanical arms helped break his fall. But yeah it did not look like Spider-Man was pulling those punches on the skyscraper and train, he was pretty angry.

The ol' "webs over the glasses and one to the face" probably just wouldn't have been as exciting on screen for the big showdown.
It was a pretty big fall though

Avvy by OriginalMiles
Closed Thread