View Poll Results: ASM 2 vs MoS 2
ASM 17 43.59%
MoS 12 30.77%
Doesn't matter as long as the movies are good. 10 25.64%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-14-2013, 09:11 PM   #26
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Default Re: ASM 2 V MoS 2 (No pictures or spoilers)

ASM 2. Barely

I liked both movies, but they both had flaws. The pacing for ASM was much better than MOS.

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:45 PM   #27
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

I don't even know if it makes sense to base how a sequel will be from the last film? I mean basing off Iron Man would anybody have predicted how Iron Man 2 turned out in the end? There's also the opposite of that as well.

There are too many variables really. We don't have a trailer for TASM 2 yet or even a release date for MoS 2.

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:47 AM   #28
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

I get what you're saying Bruce, and we don't really know. However I will say that TASM established Peter as a character, but MoS didn't really establish any characters, so it has a lot more ground to make up.

That doesn't mean that TASM2 will be better, but I think if you're an odds maker, you'd give TASM a slight edge, even more of an edge if they don't fix Goyer's shoddy writing.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:13 PM   #29
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

For its flaws I do think MoS established the character that mattered the most and that's superman/kal and with the way it ended it hinted greatly at taking the next step to introducing the Metropolis Clark we all know. Actually reminded me of the ending to Skyfall a bit.

I think an advantage MoS has is its main actors are all strong. Writing and writers even are easier to change in a series than actors are.

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:21 PM   #30
Drizzle
Assemble Again

Amazing Spider-Man 2 looks like it's upping the ante big time. Without spoiling anything, it looks like it's bringing one of the most important Spider-Man stories to life on screen. The only way the Man of Steel sequel could compete with it on that level is if they bring Doomsday in.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:50 PM   #31
Steamteck
Side-Kick

Since I thought TASM was almost as good as Spider-Man and MOS is my 2nd favorite Superhero movie of al time just after the Avengers and barely squeezing Thor out , I'll go with MOS 2.

Steamteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #32
Steamteck
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
I get what you're saying Bruce, and we don't really know. However I will say that TASM established Peter as a character, but MoS didn't really establish any characters, so it has a lot more ground to make up.
I can get people who don't like it but either I'm making up what I saw out of whole cloth in my mind or you didn't pay any attention to MOS or you're saying something really different than I think you are.

All I can honestly think of is TASM teaser about the future villain. That's all I got because I sure saw a lot of characters well established in MOS.

Steamteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:04 PM   #33
PacificBoy
Side-Kick

Can't really say until we get some news and names for MoS2. TASM is the more enjoyable of the two of me but I think MoS2 has what it takes to be amongst the greats if it develops properly the themes brought up in the first movie.

PacificBoy is offline   Reply With Quote