The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2017, 01:15 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Old 12-05-2017, 01:15 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Old 12-05-2017, 01:15 PM   #3
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tanned and young and lovely
Posts: 42,851
Default Re: The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread

I hope the Baxter building doesn't just look like the old Stark tower with a new logo on it but has an actual redesign.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is online now  
Old 12-05-2017, 01:17 PM   #4
Silver Surfer
Power Cosmic
 
Silver Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: T.O, Canada
Posts: 2,295
Default Re: The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread

Soon this thread will be a years long testament to fanboy victory, so beautiful...

__________________
We live in a world where Iron Man 3 > DC's Trinity
Silver Surfer is offline  
Old 12-05-2017, 01:18 PM   #5
Speed Force
"There was an idea..."
 
Speed Force's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 9,021
Default Re: The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread

Let's not get ahead of ourselves with Stark Tower becoming the Baxter building. I'm still fairly convinced it'll Oscorp

Speed Force is offline  
Old 12-05-2017, 01:19 PM   #6
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tanned and young and lovely
Posts: 42,851
Default Re: The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Surfer View Post
Soon this thread will be a years long testament to fanboy victory, so beautiful...
It needs to win at the Hype awards again.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is online now  
Old 12-05-2017, 01:24 PM   #7
Spiderine
Sho nuff
 
Spiderine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Xandar
Posts: 5,116
Default Re: The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Force View Post
Let's not get ahead of ourselves with Stark Tower becoming the Baxter building. I'm still fairly convinced it'll Oscorp
This is what I was thinking. Could have been setting up MCU Norman.

Spiderine is offline  
Old 12-05-2017, 01:36 PM   #8
SPO2 Dalisay
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 95
Default Re: The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread

Spider-Fan posted:
Quote:
Did we need a Starlord solo before Guardians of the Galaxy? That introduced many news elements not in the MCU before. X-Men can fit easily and explained without a solo from someone random like Gambit.
I disagree Star Lord is not on the MCU earth, or at least left as a child in the 80s with no public knowledge of enhanced people and aliens. I think you don't have to throw out the 12 years of the MCU to get some more star characters into play. Having a Shoah survivor, evil and good mutant groups, political representatives, schools for the gifted and all the X-Men attachments in a world before Captain America got pulled out of the ice, Tony Stark escaped the Ten Rings in Afghanistan, and Inhumans emerged blows up the MCU history.

With the blown up history you lose the "its all connected" as a story and marketing point. And thus lose the MCU strategy of building a base and using the DCEU strategy of placing the stars forward. The way I see it the big four Avenger actors will retire from their roles soon enough and then you have your X-Men in reserve to push forward in that next phase with the connected MCU intact. But then I am patient. I did wait 30 years for the technology to make Iron-Man and a studio willing to go with the MCU concept rather than buying a character/story as had been done since Christopher Reeves' Superman.

SPO2 Dalisay is offline  
Old 12-05-2017, 01:41 PM   #9
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In the neighborhood!
Posts: 41,147
Default Re: The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPO2 Dalisay View Post
Spider-Fan posted:


I disagree Star Lord is not on the MCU earth, or at least left as a child in the 80s with no public knowledge of enhanced people and aliens. I think you don't have to throw out the 12 years of the MCU to get some more star characters into play. Having a Shoah survivor, evil and good mutant groups, political representatives, schools for the gifted and all the X-Men attachments in a world before Captain America got pulled out of the ice, Tony Stark escaped the Ten Rings in Afghanistan, and Inhumans emerged blows up the MCU history.

With the blown up history you lose the "its all connected" as a story and marketing point. And thus lose the MCU strategy of building a base and using the DCEU strategy of placing the stars forward. The way I see it the big four Avenger actors will retire from their roles soon enough and then you have your X-Men in reserve to push forward in that next phase with the connected MCU intact. But then I am patient. I did wait 30 years for the technology to make Iron-Man and a studio willing to go with the MCU concept rather than buying a character/story as had been done since Christopher Reeves' Superman.
Or simply, Mutants are new and now just emerging or becoming known. Therefore their existance didn't matter in the MCU prior. Problem solved.

Spider-Fan is offline  
Old 12-05-2017, 01:46 PM   #10
spider-neil
spins a web any size!
 
spider-neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 17,505
Default Re: The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread

Burn it all and start again.

spider-neil is offline  
Old 12-05-2017, 01:48 PM   #11
SPO2 Dalisay
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 95
Default Re: The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Or simply, Mutants are new and now just emerging or becoming known. Therefore their existance didn't matter in the MCU prior. Problem solved.
And if they are new than how do they get together and become a team, different from Inhumans? Time is an asset. Just as you had an independent Ant-Man production going which was then worked into the MCU even if not exactly like a 1963 comic book. I would propose yes a Gambit can be one of those mutants to introduce the concept instead of Wolverine which would be the conventional movie studio move. With the concept of mutants introduced you then have time to build in some of the other mutant story which wasn't preempted by the MCU using Inhumans in their stead.

SPO2 Dalisay is offline  
Old 12-05-2017, 01:49 PM   #12
Kanon
Crazy
 
Kanon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 5,499
Default Re: The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread

It's the perfect moment to make an Age of Apocalypse film and reboot the hell out of the X-Men

__________________
XBOX Live (X360/X1): KanonZombie
PSN (PS4): KanonZombie
Kanon is offline  
Old 12-05-2017, 01:51 PM   #13
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In the neighborhood!
Posts: 41,147
Default Re: The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPO2 Dalisay View Post
And if they are new than how do they get together and become a team, different from Inhumans? Time is an asset. Just as you had an independent Ant-Man production going which was then worked into the MCU even if not exactly like a 1963 comic book. I would propose yes a Gambit can be one of those mutants to introduce the concept instead of Wolverine which would be the conventional movie studio move. With the concept of mutants introduced you then have time to build in some of the other mutant story which wasn't preempted by the MCU using Inhumans in their stead.
Charles Xavier could have known about it, as he is a psychic, and started the school knowing people like him would need it. So the X-Men already exist, just largely been on their own island. But, once the movie starts, they no longer can be in the shadows. It's really not hard to do and integrate them that way. As for the similarities to Inhumans, that was going to be a problem no matter how they did it and the movies never did anything with the Inhumans idea. All that was on TV, so most people are none the wiser and don't care.

Spider-Fan is offline  
Old 12-05-2017, 02:01 PM   #14
SPO2 Dalisay
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 95
Default Re: The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Charles Xavier could have known about it, as he is a psychic, and started the school knowing people like him would need it. So the X-Men already exist, just largely been on their own island. But, once the movie starts, they no longer can be in the shadows. It's really not hard to do and integrate them that way. As for the similarities to Inhumans, that was going to be a problem no matter how they did it and the movies never did anything with the Inhumans idea. All that was on TV, so most people are none the wiser and don't care.
A lot just to get your star(s). I believe the shared universe is more important than the star character. The MCU versus the DCEU strategy

SPO2 Dalisay is offline  
Old 12-05-2017, 02:09 PM   #15
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tanned and young and lovely
Posts: 42,851
Default Re: The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread

So will they abandon the Inhumans Royal Family entirely now that they will have mutants in the MCU? The Inhumans were meant to be stand-ins for them.

What about the Inhumans in Agents of SHIELD?

But if Marvel get the FF back, will we never see them interact with the royal family? Although I don't want them interacting with THAT royal family. I say let that simply be an Elseworlds type tale. There was nothing that seemed to connect it to the wider MCU anyway.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is online now  
Old 12-05-2017, 02:13 PM   #16
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In the neighborhood!
Posts: 41,147
Default Re: The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPO2 Dalisay View Post
A lot just to get your star(s). I believe the shared universe is more important than the star character. The MCU versus the DCEU strategy
That is not a lot. That is like 2 scenes of dialogue or basically just setting up mutants emerging in Act 1. This isn't complicated to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
So will they abandon the Inhumans Royal Family entirely now that they will have mutants in the MCU? The Inhumans were meant to be stand-ins for them.

What about the Inhumans in Agents of SHIELD?

But if Marvel get the FF back, will we never see them interact with the royal family? Although I don't want them interacting with THAT royal family. I say let that simply be an Elseworlds type tale. There was nothing that seemed to connect it to the wider MCU anyway.
I think we'll be done with Inhumans more than likely, yes. Outside of them maybe being in Agents of SHIELD and such. The show didn't exactly set the world on fire.

Spider-Fan is offline  
Old 12-05-2017, 02:21 PM   #17
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler
 
wobbly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 9,687
Default Re: The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread

Easy out for Inhumans. Use Agents of Shield to have some macguffin that 'cures' most of the public that got affected by the Terrigen released in the sea. Doesn't affect the 'pure' Inhumans of Attilan (or Quake etc) so they can still play with them later on if they feel it's worth another shot.

wobbly is online now  
Old 12-05-2017, 03:23 PM   #18
Orba
Side-Kick
 
Orba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 3,041
Default Re: The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread

Kamala Khan has a chance to show up as she is a popular character that ticks a lot of boxes but for the rest of the Inhumans they will probably go back on the shelf. And lets be honest, the only reason the Inhumans have gotten a big push over the past 10 years is because Marvel didn't have the Mutant rights. If Marvel had the Mutant rights at the time Kamala was created she would probably have been a Mutant rather than Inhuman, but marvel didn't want to be making a load of new characters that they couldn't use.

Orba is offline  
Old 12-05-2017, 03:26 PM   #19
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme
 
R_Hythlodeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: vienna, austria (europe) 6.784 km east of new york
Posts: 8,286
Default Re: The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread

So, Alice Eve was cast in Iron Fist season 2, which rules her out as MCU's Sue Storm, unfortunatetly

__________________
The First Family is home again. I bend the knee to our mouse-eared overlords!
------------------------------


ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic


R_Hythlodeus is offline  
Old 12-05-2017, 03:26 PM   #20
Speed Force
"There was an idea..."
 
Speed Force's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 9,021
Default Re: The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderine View Post
This is what I was thinking. Could have been setting up MCU Norman.
I'd rather that be the case. Make the Flat iron building the Baxter building

Speed Force is offline  
Old 12-05-2017, 03:28 PM   #21
Speed Force
"There was an idea..."
 
Speed Force's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 9,021
Default Re: The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
So, Alice Eve was cast in Iron Fist season 2, which rules her out as MCU's Sue Storm, unfortunatetly

Speed Force is offline  
Old 12-05-2017, 03:30 PM   #22
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme
 
R_Hythlodeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: vienna, austria (europe) 6.784 km east of new york
Posts: 8,286
Default Re: The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Force View Post
I know, I feel the same

__________________
The First Family is home again. I bend the knee to our mouse-eared overlords!
------------------------------


ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic


R_Hythlodeus is offline  
Old 12-05-2017, 03:31 PM   #23
Speed Force
"There was an idea..."
 
Speed Force's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 9,021
Default Re: The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
I know, I feel the same
She's been my dream choice for years. So upset

Speed Force is offline  
Old 12-05-2017, 03:35 PM   #24
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme
 
R_Hythlodeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: vienna, austria (europe) 6.784 km east of new york
Posts: 8,286
Default Re: The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Force View Post
She's been my dream choice for years. So upset
With Eve out of the picture, good luck finding an actress that looks a stunningly beautiful as CB Sue AND brings an Emma Thompson-like intellect to the acting process.

well, then, of course, an actor playing two different roles in the MCU has happened before once or twice.

__________________
The First Family is home again. I bend the knee to our mouse-eared overlords!
------------------------------


ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic


R_Hythlodeus is offline  
Old 12-05-2017, 03:36 PM   #25
Crimz
Side-Kick
 
Crimz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 619
Default Re: The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
So, Alice Eve was cast in Iron Fist season 2, which rules her out as MCU's Sue Storm, unfortunatetly
Dammit

Crimz is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.