The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 01:15 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 12-05-2017, 01:15 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 12-05-2017, 01:15 PM   #3
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

I hope the Baxter building doesn't just look like the old Stark tower with a new logo on it but has an actual redesign.

Old 12-05-2017, 01:17 PM   #4
Silver Surfer
Power Cosmic

Soon this thread will be a years long testament to fanboy victory, so beautiful...

Old 12-05-2017, 01:18 PM   #5
Speed Force
"There was an idea..."

Let's not get ahead of ourselves with Stark Tower becoming the Baxter building. I'm still fairly convinced it'll Oscorp

Old 12-05-2017, 01:19 PM   #6
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Surfer View Post
Soon this thread will be a years long testament to fanboy victory, so beautiful...
It needs to win at the Hype awards again.

Old 12-05-2017, 01:24 PM   #7
Spiderine
Sho nuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Force View Post
Let's not get ahead of ourselves with Stark Tower becoming the Baxter building. I'm still fairly convinced it'll Oscorp
This is what I was thinking. Could have been setting up MCU Norman.

Old 12-05-2017, 01:36 PM   #8
SPO2 Dalisay
Side-Kick

Spider-Fan posted:
Quote:
Did we need a Starlord solo before Guardians of the Galaxy? That introduced many news elements not in the MCU before. X-Men can fit easily and explained without a solo from someone random like Gambit.
I disagree Star Lord is not on the MCU earth, or at least left as a child in the 80s with no public knowledge of enhanced people and aliens. I think you don't have to throw out the 12 years of the MCU to get some more star characters into play. Having a Shoah survivor, evil and good mutant groups, political representatives, schools for the gifted and all the X-Men attachments in a world before Captain America got pulled out of the ice, Tony Stark escaped the Ten Rings in Afghanistan, and Inhumans emerged blows up the MCU history.

With the blown up history you lose the "its all connected" as a story and marketing point. And thus lose the MCU strategy of building a base and using the DCEU strategy of placing the stars forward. The way I see it the big four Avenger actors will retire from their roles soon enough and then you have your X-Men in reserve to push forward in that next phase with the connected MCU intact. But then I am patient. I did wait 30 years for the technology to make Iron-Man and a studio willing to go with the MCU concept rather than buying a character/story as had been done since Christopher Reeves' Superman.

Old 12-05-2017, 01:41 PM   #9
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPO2 Dalisay View Post
Spider-Fan posted:

I disagree Star Lord is not on the MCU earth, or at least left as a child in the 80s with no public knowledge of enhanced people and aliens. I think you don't have to throw out the 12 years of the MCU to get some more star characters into play. Having a Shoah survivor, evil and good mutant groups, political representatives, schools for the gifted and all the X-Men attachments in a world before Captain America got pulled out of the ice, Tony Stark escaped the Ten Rings in Afghanistan, and Inhumans emerged blows up the MCU history.

With the blown up history you lose the "its all connected" as a story and marketing point. And thus lose the MCU strategy of building a base and using the DCEU strategy of placing the stars forward. The way I see it the big four Avenger actors will retire from their roles soon enough and then you have your X-Men in reserve to push forward in that next phase with the connected MCU intact. But then I am patient. I did wait 30 years for the technology to make Iron-Man and a studio willing to go with the MCU concept rather than buying a character/story as had been done since Christopher Reeves' Superman.
Or simply, Mutants are new and now just emerging or becoming known. Therefore their existance didn't matter in the MCU prior. Problem solved.

Old 12-05-2017, 01:46 PM   #10
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Burn it all and start again.

Old 12-05-2017, 01:48 PM   #11
SPO2 Dalisay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Or simply, Mutants are new and now just emerging or becoming known. Therefore their existance didn't matter in the MCU prior. Problem solved.
And if they are new than how do they get together and become a team, different from Inhumans? Time is an asset. Just as you had an independent Ant-Man production going which was then worked into the MCU even if not exactly like a 1963 comic book. I would propose yes a Gambit can be one of those mutants to introduce the concept instead of Wolverine which would be the conventional movie studio move. With the concept of mutants introduced you then have time to build in some of the other mutant story which wasn't preempted by the MCU using Inhumans in their stead.

Old 12-05-2017, 01:49 PM   #12
Kanon
Crazy

It's the perfect moment to make an Age of Apocalypse film and reboot the hell out of the X-Men

Old 12-05-2017, 01:51 PM   #13
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
And if they are new than how do they get together and become a team, different from Inhumans? Time is an asset. Just as you had an independent Ant-Man production going which was then worked into the MCU even if not exactly like a 1963 comic book. I would propose yes a Gambit can be one of those mutants to introduce the concept instead of Wolverine which would be the conventional movie studio move. With the concept of mutants introduced you then have time to build in some of the other mutant story which wasn't preempted by the MCU using Inhumans in their stead.
Charles Xavier could have known about it, as he is a psychic, and started the school knowing people like him would need it. So the X-Men already exist, just largely been on their own island. But, once the movie starts, they no longer can be in the shadows. It's really not hard to do and integrate them that way. As for the similarities to Inhumans, that was going to be a problem no matter how they did it and the movies never did anything with the Inhumans idea. All that was on TV, so most people are none the wiser and don't care.

Old 12-05-2017, 02:01 PM   #14
SPO2 Dalisay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Charles Xavier could have known about it, as he is a psychic, and started the school knowing people like him would need it. So the X-Men already exist, just largely been on their own island. But, once the movie starts, they no longer can be in the shadows. It's really not hard to do and integrate them that way. As for the similarities to Inhumans, that was going to be a problem no matter how they did it and the movies never did anything with the Inhumans idea. All that was on TV, so most people are none the wiser and don't care.
A lot just to get your star(s). I believe the shared universe is more important than the star character. The MCU versus the DCEU strategy

Old 12-05-2017, 02:09 PM   #15
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

So will they abandon the Inhumans Royal Family entirely now that they will have mutants in the MCU? The Inhumans were meant to be stand-ins for them.

What about the Inhumans in Agents of SHIELD?

But if Marvel get the FF back, will we never see them interact with the royal family? Although I don't want them interacting with THAT royal family. I say let that simply be an Elseworlds type tale. There was nothing that seemed to connect it to the wider MCU anyway.

Old 12-05-2017, 02:13 PM   #16
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
A lot just to get your star(s). I believe the shared universe is more important than the star character. The MCU versus the DCEU strategy
That is not a lot. That is like 2 scenes of dialogue or basically just setting up mutants emerging in Act 1. This isn't complicated to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
So will they abandon the Inhumans Royal Family entirely now that they will have mutants in the MCU? The Inhumans were meant to be stand-ins for them.

What about the Inhumans in Agents of SHIELD?

But if Marvel get the FF back, will we never see them interact with the royal family? Although I don't want them interacting with THAT royal family. I say let that simply be an Elseworlds type tale. There was nothing that seemed to connect it to the wider MCU anyway.
I think we'll be done with Inhumans more than likely, yes. Outside of them maybe being in Agents of SHIELD and such. The show didn't exactly set the world on fire.

Old 12-05-2017, 02:21 PM   #17
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Easy out for Inhumans. Use Agents of Shield to have some macguffin that 'cures' most of the public that got affected by the Terrigen released in the sea. Doesn't affect the 'pure' Inhumans of Attilan (or Quake etc) so they can still play with them later on if they feel it's worth another shot.

Old 12-05-2017, 03:23 PM   #18
Orba
Side-Kick

Kamala Khan has a chance to show up as she is a popular character that ticks a lot of boxes but for the rest of the Inhumans they will probably go back on the shelf. And lets be honest, the only reason the Inhumans have gotten a big push over the past 10 years is because Marvel didn't have the Mutant rights. If Marvel had the Mutant rights at the time Kamala was created she would probably have been a Mutant rather than Inhuman, but marvel didn't want to be making a load of new characters that they couldn't use.

Old 12-05-2017, 03:26 PM   #19
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

So, Alice Eve was cast in Iron Fist season 2, which rules her out as MCU's Sue Storm, unfortunatetly

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 12-05-2017, 03:26 PM   #20
Speed Force
"There was an idea..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderine View Post
This is what I was thinking. Could have been setting up MCU Norman.
I'd rather that be the case. Make the Flat iron building the Baxter building

Old 12-05-2017, 03:28 PM   #21
Speed Force
"There was an idea..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
So, Alice Eve was cast in Iron Fist season 2, which rules her out as MCU's Sue Storm, unfortunatetly

Old 12-05-2017, 03:30 PM   #22
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
I know, I feel the same

ZWERG/ELF

Old 12-05-2017, 03:31 PM   #23
Speed Force
"There was an idea..."

Quote:
I know, I feel the same
She's been my dream choice for years. So upset

Old 12-05-2017, 03:35 PM   #24
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
She's been my dream choice for years. So upset
With Eve out of the picture, good luck finding an actress that looks a stunningly beautiful as CB Sue AND brings an Emma Thompson-like intellect to the acting process.

well, then, of course, an actor playing two different roles in the MCU has happened before once or twice.

ZWERG/ELF

Old 12-05-2017, 03:36 PM   #25
Crimz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Dammit

Closed Thread