The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 07-22-2013, 08:15 AM   #26
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Default Re: How do you top the Superman/Zod battle?

You top it by actually writing a good script this time around.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:53 AM   #27
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

After getting a feel of each others personalities, there's a team-up action sequence. Superman does the heavy lifting and Batman does the ninja stealth stuff. Day saved, both shake hands and go their separate ways. Now that would be something.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:26 AM   #28
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Superman vs Faora was the highlight of the movie. The Zod one (besides the , you think you can threaten my mother ) not so much.

So , you have to start from there.

Tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:29 AM   #29
dmc
Side-Kick

Anyone think that they had the Batman/Superman team up planned a long time ago and they utterly wrecked metropolis (and a satellite) so that Bruce Wayne would have an excuse to step in in the sequel? I guess they could've have just had Luthor in mind though.

dmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:37 AM   #30
Bad Superman
World's Grimmest Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChero View Post
Superman fights a giant spider. You're welcome, David and Zack.
Don't forget the polar bears.

"There’s no need to "modernize" Superman in order for the character to be appealing to the new generation. Superman is not a brooding angst ridden conflicted hero. He is a beacon of hope and his mission is to fight for Truth, Justice and the American way. Superman doesn’t need to wear an armor suit. He’s THE Man of Steel. There’s no need to “modernize” the suit for it to be more “dark” and “edgy”. If today’s generation can’t accept the character’s roots and essence, then they’re not true fans."
Bad Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:44 AM   #31
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

And Sean Penn. He has the eyes of a killer, after all.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:47 AM   #32
Bad Superman
World's Grimmest Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
And Sean Penn. He has the eyes of a killer, after all.

"There’s no need to "modernize" Superman in order for the character to be appealing to the new generation. Superman is not a brooding angst ridden conflicted hero. He is a beacon of hope and his mission is to fight for Truth, Justice and the American way. Superman doesn’t need to wear an armor suit. He’s THE Man of Steel. There’s no need to “modernize” the suit for it to be more “dark” and “edgy”. If today’s generation can’t accept the character’s roots and essence, then they’re not true fans."
Bad Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #33
Yoohoo

This is exactly why a grappling gun swinging Batman can't really fit into a world of JL hyper-powered titans.

Jets. Nukes. Imaginary gadgets and guns. The only way to do this is to invent some crazy gadgets like the Sonar device in TDK.

Red kryptonite to turn Superman loco and then Batman steps in to take him down. It also means maybe Green Arrow will be in there like in the "Dark knight returns" cartoon movie.

I imagine there will be a bigger villain and Batman vs. Superman will only be temporary.

Yoohoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:01 PM   #34
John-An
Gal/Margot World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
I assume what could be done would be something similar to the Spider-Man 2 doc-ock train battle (still one of the best comic movie fights). Where not only was spider-man fighting ock, he was also zipping around trying to catch civilians as doc was throwing them around like rag-dolls.

It would arguably be a good response to those who criticized supes for not "caring" in his fight with zod.
that fight is superior (supes vs zod) because is not the same good vs bad and leave people in it... it was a military guy without a mision and with no life purpose.....

Old 07-24-2013, 11:03 PM   #35
John-An
Gal/Margot World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequilla View Post
Superman vs Faora was the highlight of the movie. The Zod one (besides the , you think you can threaten my mother ) not so much.

So , you have to start from there.
the faora vs supes was awesomesauce... but the final battle was unique and nothing seen before...

Old 07-25-2013, 12:08 AM   #36
Adder
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
You top it by actually writing a good script this time around.
This.

Adder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:41 AM   #37
Gamingboy
Side-Kick

Presumably, the big Superman-Batman fight wouldn't be the finale, the finale would presumably be the two of them joining forces to go after Lex (or whoever) or whatever villain Lex uses as his "dragon".

But as for the Superman/Batman fight... I think it'd be cool if it was more a battle of wits than a battle of strength. Batman could keep deploying various gadgets (a supersonic beacon thing to mess with Clark's superhearing, for example) or taking advantage of surroundings, but Superman would keep coming at him, until finally the two realize how they are both dolts being played and decide to put aside their differences.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:43 AM   #38
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Kevin Smith in his podcast said he thought the tentacles in that world engine were suspiciously close to spider legs...
what do you mean suspiciously close? when i first saw it in the trailer i thought " ****in peters".

ЯɘvlveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:46 AM   #39
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

It's true. Hopefully now that it's done, Peters will be a good boy. What did Smith think of MoS, anyway?

Old 07-25-2013, 09:02 AM   #40
strikezone89
Smarks Chat CM PUNK :-/

"How do you top the Superman vs Zod Battle?"

You do Superman vs Batman!

lol

1) The Dark Knight 2) Guardians of the Galaxy 3) Captain America: TWS 4) Incredible Hulk 5)The Avengers

"Let's put a smile on that face"
strikezone89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:24 AM   #41
MessiahDecoy123
Psychological Anarchy

To paraphrase a famous quote:

"Don't count the punches, make the punches count".

Old 07-25-2013, 09:41 AM   #42
JohnConner
Side-Kick

You watch the original Superman II and how the battle somehow had more effort without destroying 75% of the city and he dealt with 3 at the same time.

JohnConner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:53 AM   #43
Spider-Kurt!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamingboy View Post
Presumably, the big Superman-Batman fight wouldn't be the finale, the finale would presumably be the two of them joining forces to go after Lex (or whoever) or whatever villain Lex uses as his "dragon".

But as for the Superman/Batman fight... I think it'd be cool if it was more a battle of wits than a battle of strength. Batman could keep deploying various gadgets (a supersonic beacon thing to mess with Clark's superhearing, for example) or taking advantage of surroundings, but Superman would keep coming at him, until finally the two realize how they are both dolts being played and decide to put aside their differences.
Basically, this is what I was gonna say. While I loved the epic brawls in MOS, I'm looking forward to a "battle of wits" between the two heroes as well as (presumedly) Lex Luthor's "defeat" somehow actually positioning him into the White House as a way of setting up the MOS sequel.

Romans 8:19
Spider-Kurt! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:30 AM   #44
smallville fan
Hero

The Justice League going against:

As for Superman, a part of me see it inevitable that it's going to involve:

Last edited by smallville fan; 07-25-2013 at 06:05 PM.
smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:31 AM   #45
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

You don't.

~SHH SIX~
MrMaooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:22 AM   #46
GreenKToo
In the fire

I dont think they can top the action in MoS, but they can have it be just as good, only on a smaller scale.

You could have Lex and joker team up. Lex has some muscle, Metallo, or parasite.
Supes goes to gotham as Clark, following up on a lead and investigates some going on's of Lex, and in the process steps on Bruce waynes toes.
They have words. Bruce is partners with Lex in rebuilding metropolis, and he doesnt yet know what Lex is up to.
Bruce says something to the effect about how Clark helped destroy Metropolis and that he should mind his own business.
Clarks mouth drops. in anger he responds in a whisper, at least I dont hide in the shadows at nite, like a coward. It's Bruce's turn to be the one thats surprised.

Then the fun starts when Lex and joker start their bit, forcing Supes and Bats to team up.

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:26 AM   #47
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

A 13-hour struggle of Superman attempting to win back the popularity that Batman stole decades ago.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:21 PM   #48
JohnConner
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
I dont think they can top the action in MoS, but they can have it be just as good, only on a smaller scale.

You could have Lex and joker team up. Lex has some muscle, Metallo, or parasite.
Supes goes to gotham as Clark, following up on a lead and investigates some going on's of Lex, and in the process steps on Bruce waynes toes.
They have words. Bruce is partners with Lex in rebuilding metropolis, and he doesnt yet know what Lex is up to.
Bruce says something to the effect about how Clark helped destroy Metropolis and that he should mind his own business.
Clarks mouth drops. in anger he responds in a whisper, at least I dont hide in the shadows at nite, like a coward. It's Bruce's turn to be the one thats surprised.

Then the fun starts when Lex and joker start their bit, forcing Supes and Bats to team up.
lmao!! @ "they have words" hahahahhaha fuggn hilarious!!

JohnConner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:25 PM   #49
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Quote:
How do they go about making that battle more epic than the one between Superman and Zod?
Who says they have to? This idea that a sequel has to 'top' its predecessor is a bit of a fallacy and really isn't something that ought to be consciously strived-for, IMO, because it sets a ultimately impossible standard.

"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
"There is no "supposed to be." It's an adaptation, a word that literally means change. Why bother making a new version if it doesn't offer a fresh approach?" - Christopher L. Bennett
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:23 PM   #50
Uroboric Forms
Your Move, Creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChero View Post
Superman fights a giant spider. You're welcome, David and Zack.
And Brainiac has a little gay robot dog or something

Uroboric Forms is offline   Reply With Quote