The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2013, 03:19 PM   #101
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour
 
Ramsay Snow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: BOLTON, England, UK
Posts: 7,147
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - Part 91

Oh. Cool! Hope you like it even more the 2nd time

Ramsay Snow is offline  
Old 07-06-2013, 04:34 PM   #102
dark_b
Side-Kick
 
dark_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 43,400
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - Part 91

i just realized that he is driving on the bike through Metropolis without his glasses on. he even walks inside the DP building without the glasses. its already hard to accept that he has the same hair as Clark and that he looks like Clark Kent from smallville.

the scene is a a perfect scene because the camera is behind him and its building up to the Metropolis Clark Kent persona. so i like what i see. i think Snyder directed the best he could with what was on paper but.....

i guess this is one of the dumbest things i noticed in a movie in the last 10 years. and Bay is the king of stupid scenes. so again i like what i see but it is the definition of ''stupid''.


dark_b is online now  
Old 07-06-2013, 04:40 PM   #103
HighFivingMF
Welp.
 
HighFivingMF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 13,590
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - Part 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
i just realized that he is driving on the bike through Metropolis without his glasses on. he even walks inside the DP building without the glasses. its already hard to accept that he has the same hair as Clark and that he looks like Clark Kent from smallville.

the scene is a a perfect scene because the camera is behind him and its building up to the Metropolis Clark Kent persona. so i like what i see. i think Snyder directed the best he could with what was on paper but.....

i guess this is one of the dumbest things i noticed in a movie in the last 10 years. and Bay is the king of stupid scenes. so again i like what i see but it is the definition of ''stupid''.

What are you talking about? Why is it stupid?

__________________
Green Lantern Reboot Fancast
Writers: Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim
Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan
Mark Strong as Sinestro
Blake Lively as Carol Ferris
HighFivingMF is offline  
Old 07-06-2013, 04:48 PM   #104
Jim-El
"My Son"
 
Jim-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 816
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - Part 91

Stupid IS when you can't recognize "this" Superman behind a pair of glasses.

__________________
"The Kryptonian prophecy will be at last fulfilled. The son becomes the father, the father becomes the son. Farewell forever Kal-El. Remember me my son." - Jor-El/Marlon Brando/Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut
Jim-El is offline  
Old 07-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #105
Glassjaw
In training
 
Glassjaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Brighton/Somerset, UK
Posts: 1,248
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - Part 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
i just realized that he is driving on the bike through Metropolis without his glasses on. he even walks inside the DP building without the glasses. its already hard to accept that he has the same hair as Clark and that he looks like Clark Kent from smallville.

the scene is a a perfect scene because the camera is behind him and its building up to the Metropolis Clark Kent persona. so i like what i see. i think Snyder directed the best he could with what was on paper but.....

i guess this is one of the dumbest things i noticed in a movie in the last 10 years. and Bay is the king of stupid scenes. so again i like what i see but it is the definition of ''stupid''.

The thing I found weirdest about that scene, was how they shut down entire streets in Chicago to do that scene, and in the final film, all you see is a really out of focus shot over Clarks shoulder. A pretty expensive way to do a shot like that

Glassjaw is offline  
Old 07-06-2013, 05:07 PM   #106
dark_b
Side-Kick
 
dark_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 43,400
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - Part 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
What are you talking about? Why is it stupid?
its stupid writting from Goyer. why does he have the glasses if he didnt need them before going inside the elevator? even if you say now that maybe noone noticed that its Superman when he is on the bilke and when he is walking inside the DP . why would Clark think that he doesnt need them?

dark_b is online now  
Old 07-06-2013, 05:08 PM   #107
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!
 
Lencho01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 13,436
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - Part 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
The thing I found weirdest about that scene, was how they shut down entire streets in Chicago to do that scene, and in the final film, all you see is a really out of focus shot over Clarks shoulder. A pretty expensive way to do a shot like that


It is funny when you learn the lengths (and money) some films take to do something that seems short or very simple.

__________________
I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline  
Old 07-06-2013, 05:09 PM   #108
HighFivingMF
Welp.
 
HighFivingMF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 13,590
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - Part 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
its stupid writting from Goyer. why does he have the glasses if he didnt need them before going inside the elevator?
Because he's not wearing them because he has bad eyesight? He's wearing them to look different in front of the people he's going to see every day, the people who will be there after he gets out of the elevator.

__________________
Green Lantern Reboot Fancast
Writers: Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim
Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan
Mark Strong as Sinestro
Blake Lively as Carol Ferris
HighFivingMF is offline  
Old 07-06-2013, 05:17 PM   #109
The Guard
Side-Kick
 
The Guard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 25,345
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - Part 91

You know, as cool as a KRYPTON prequel would be (read LAST DAYS OF KRYPTON), I'm okay with just seeing more of it in future films, via flashbacks or what have you.

__________________
Writer and Lyricist of GOTHAM'S KNIGHT: THE BATMAN MUSICAL

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline  
Old 07-06-2013, 05:19 PM   #110
dark_b
Side-Kick
 
dark_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 43,400
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - Part 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Because he's not wearing them because he has bad eyesight? He's wearing them to look different in front of the people he's going to see every day, the people who will be there after he gets out of the elevator.
hahaha.

so Clark thought what you wrotte. and he didnt think that it would be smart to have them on the second he walked out of his new apartment. it makes sense to Clark to put on the glasses before going up with the elevator and before meeting with Perry? he of course didnt get the job without meeting him so he was already there days before this scene.

thats why i like SHH. before writting the post you spend seconds coming up with an explanation. of course there is none because it doesnt make sense. but you still did it. thats what i call a good fanboys. this is positive.


i like SHH members like you who are not hiding behind a lie. you like the movie and you will support it no matter what. respect

dark_b is online now  
Old 07-06-2013, 05:29 PM   #111
HighFivingMF
Welp.
 
HighFivingMF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 13,590
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - Part 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
so Clark thought what you wrotte. and he didnt think that it would be smart to have them on the second he walked out of his new apartment. it makes sense to Clark to put on the glasses before going up with the elevator and before meeting with Perry? he of course didnt get the job without meeting him so he was already there days before this scene.
I don't imagine Perry was waiting at the door of the elevator so he could introduce Clark to everyone. He could have just finished his interview. I didn't say Clark thought what I said. But it makes sense that he'd be more concerned about the people who see him every day and know his name and where he works thinking he looks like Superman. Instead of a random passerby who would say "oh, that guy looks kinda like Superman. Alright. Now to never see him again."

Did he have to put them on in the elevator? No. Could he have put them on earlier? Sure, if he wanted. But the shot looked cool and has no negative effects on the story, so who cares? Still don't see why it's stupid as opposed to just a detail.

__________________
Green Lantern Reboot Fancast
Writers: Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim
Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan
Mark Strong as Sinestro
Blake Lively as Carol Ferris
HighFivingMF is offline  
Old 07-06-2013, 05:32 PM   #112
Deserana
2005/2008/2012
 
Deserana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,357
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - Part 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
hahaha.

so Clark thought what you wrotte. and he didnt think that it would be smart to have them on the second he walked out of his new apartment. it makes sense to Clark to put on the glasses before going up with the elevator and before meeting with Perry? he of course didnt get the job without meeting him so he was already there days before this scene.

thats why i like SHH. before writting the post you spend seconds coming up with an explanation. of course there is none because it doesnt make sense. but you still did it. thats what i call a good fanboys. this is positive.


i like SHH members like you who are not hiding behind a lie. you like the movie and you will support it no matter what. respect
People have glasses for different things....

Some wont need them whilst driving but they are pretty much blind when it comes to reading books.

Plus it would take a real dick to say "hang on a minute you weren't wearing those glasses earlier when you were outside and I was in here where I couldn't see you, therefore your whole life is a lie and you are Superman".

Taking criticism with "RELEASE THE WORLD ENGINE" which I do is a nitpick. That complaint is just incomprehensible.

__________________
The above is MY OPINION and ONLY my opinion please do not think of it as fact or a statement of fact it is merely what I feel.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Deserana is offline  
Old 07-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #113
Nathan
...
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 43,428
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - Part 91

Everyone already says it's unbelievable that Clark fools anyone with a pair of glasses. So I don't mind if they are playing it loose with the glasses. So far, outside of the military and Lois, no one got a perfect look at Superman. Most people ran past him or saw him from afar, when all hell was breaking loose. And how big are the chances that he keeps running into people as Clark Kent, who he saved earlier as Superman?

__________________
Attack On Unicron
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Nathan is offline  
Old 07-06-2013, 05:39 PM   #114
dark_b
Side-Kick
 
dark_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 43,400
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - Part 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserana View Post
People have glasses for different things....

Some wont need them whilst driving but they are pretty much blind when it comes to reading books.
i bow down to you how you are trying to twist this.

i am not talking about what people think that Clark doesnt have the glasses on while driving a bike. no no no. i am saying that he is wearing the glasses on his face to hide that he is Superman. by not having them on he is visible to people that he is superman. to his coworkers and to people on the street.

again bravo for trying to give an explanation that as Clark Kent the reporter he doesnt need his glasses for driving a bike and walking on the street. bravo

dark_b is online now  
Old 07-06-2013, 05:49 PM   #115
Deserana
2005/2008/2012
 
Deserana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,357
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - Part 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
i bow down to you how you are trying to twist this.

i am not talking about what people think that Clark doesnt have the glasses on while driving a bike. no no no. i am saying that he is wearing the glasses on his face to hide that he is Superman. by not having them on he is visible to people that he is superman. to his coworkers and to people on the street.

again bravo for trying to give an explanation that as Clark Kent the reporter he doesnt need his glasses for driving a bike and walking on the street. bravo
But that simply is not true in this version.

If the glasses hid that he was Superman wouldn't Lois be like "oh who is this?". This conversation is possibly a SHH low.

__________________
The above is MY OPINION and ONLY my opinion please do not think of it as fact or a statement of fact it is merely what I feel.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Deserana is offline  
Old 07-06-2013, 05:52 PM   #116
HighFivingMF
Welp.
 
HighFivingMF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 13,590
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - Part 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
i bow down to you how you are trying to twist this.

i am not talking about what people think that Clark doesnt have the glasses on while driving a bike. no no no. i am saying that he is wearing the glasses on his face to hide that he is Superman. by not having them on he is visible to people that he is superman. to his coworkers and to people on the street.

again bravo for trying to give an explanation that as Clark Kent the reporter he doesnt need his glasses for driving a bike and walking on the street. bravo
Why do you have to be so condescending to people trying to offer you an explanation to your complaint?

__________________
Green Lantern Reboot Fancast
Writers: Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim
Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan
Mark Strong as Sinestro
Blake Lively as Carol Ferris
HighFivingMF is offline  
Old 07-06-2013, 06:00 PM   #117
dark_b
Side-Kick
 
dark_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 43,400
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - Part 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserana View Post
But that simply is not true in this version.

If the glasses hid that he was Superman wouldn't Lois be like "oh who is this?". This conversation is possibly a SHH low.
nice try Deserana. you almost had me. i already wrotte that maybe i was wrong.


thank god that the final scene is on youtube and i could watch it to hear the dialoge.

''I want you to meet our new stringer,i want you to show him the ropes.This is Clark Kent, good luck kid.''

dark_b is online now  
Old 07-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #118
dark_b
Side-Kick
 
dark_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 43,400
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - Part 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Why do you have to be so condescending to people trying to offer you an explanation to your complaint?
because it makes no sense. even if you like the movie you would have to admit it. but some here can not do it. if someone would put a gun to your head you would try to find an explanation. and thats why i like you. thats how you do it. i am not trying to insult.

and i like the scene in the movie.

dark_b is online now  
Old 07-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #119
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,474
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - Part 91

I read somewhere that Perry's gonna be in on it. I wouldn't be surprised if that happens in the sequels.

TheFlamingCoco is offline  
Old 07-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #120
Deserana
2005/2008/2012
 
Deserana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,357
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - Part 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
nice try Deserana. you almost had me. i already wrotte that maybe i was wrong.


thank god that the final scene is on youtube and i could watch it to hear the dialoge.

''I want you to meet our new stringer,i want you to show him the ropes.This is Clark Kent, good luck kid.''
Wait. What the **** is your argument?

I'm not someone who defends the film at every point. I've listed multiple times issues I have with the film.

You're problem? Something to do with Clark Kent and glasses... do you even know what your issue is?

__________________
The above is MY OPINION and ONLY my opinion please do not think of it as fact or a statement of fact it is merely what I feel.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Deserana is offline  
Old 07-06-2013, 06:05 PM   #121
dark_b
Side-Kick
 
dark_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 43,400
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - Part 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Everyone already says it's unbelievable that Clark fools anyone with a pair of glasses. So I don't mind if they are playing it loose with the glasses. So far, outside of the military and Lois, no one got a perfect look at Superman. Most people ran past him or saw him from afar, when all hell was breaking loose. And how big are the chances that he keeps running into people as Clark Kent, who he saved earlier as Superman?
now we are going in the right direction. this post does make a little sense. Nathan good.

dark_b is online now  
Old 07-06-2013, 06:08 PM   #122
dark_b
Side-Kick
 
dark_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 43,400
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - Part 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserana View Post
You're problem? Something to do with Clark Kent and glasses... do you even know what your issue is?
i used the word perfect for how Snyder directed the scene and i wrotte that i liked it.

relax everything is under control.

dark_b is online now  
Old 07-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #123
Deserana
2005/2008/2012
 
Deserana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,357
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - Part 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
i used the word perfect for how Snyder directed the scene and i wrotte that i liked it.

relax everything is under control.
So me and HighFivingMF are trying to explain... nothing.

Or did you realize you were wrong? Also what's with the patronizing comments..

__________________
The above is MY OPINION and ONLY my opinion please do not think of it as fact or a statement of fact it is merely what I feel.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Deserana is offline  
Old 07-06-2013, 06:16 PM   #124
HighFivingMF
Welp.
 
HighFivingMF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 13,590
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - Part 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
because it makes no sense.
Your argument and tone? I absolutely agree. Neither of those make sense. You're also continuing to press a point that nobody else thinks makes sense. Except instead of offering elaboration in favor of your point, you're just being rude and saying "nuh uh." For a scene you like no less.

__________________
Green Lantern Reboot Fancast
Writers: Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim
Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan
Mark Strong as Sinestro
Blake Lively as Carol Ferris

Last edited by HighFivingMF; 07-06-2013 at 06:22 PM.
HighFivingMF is offline  
Old 07-06-2013, 06:18 PM   #125
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,733
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - Part 91

Just saw This is the End tonight, really funny movie but we got a mobile phone advert thing that played the MOS Zod music on it, was so epic made me wanna watch it again

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.