The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 07:58 AM   #651
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 2

I would drop the trunks, thin out the gauntlets and use the circular logo, but I like the Arkham suits.

Old 07-29-2013, 07:59 AM   #652
regwec
Shakespearo

Here's hoping for that magpie blue hue soon:

Old 07-29-2013, 08:12 AM   #653
Man of Steel
Superman

I think the ears on the cowl should be somewhat short, but also long enough so that they can clearly be seen on his shadow.

Brandon Routh for Superman!

I believe in Henry Cavill as Superman!

DC-B Universe-My Personal Take on the DCU!
Old 07-29-2013, 09:09 AM   #654
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

BLUE IS EVIL!!!!! At least, from what I've been told.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:12 AM   #655
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uroboric Forms View Post
I would be happy if the cowl looked like that. More often than not, I think the longer ears look a bit silly
I also think it'd be more practical. With the long ears, I always imagine he'll eventually get stuck somewhere, like when he has to dive through a small opening. Or hitting frames of doors and windows, because he didn't lower his head enough.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:15 AM   #656
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

I really hope that they go with a good cape material to support Batman gliding with his cape. I hate the stories that have him using gliders.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:16 AM   #657
regwec
Shakespearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I also think it'd be more practical. With the long ears, I always imagine he'll eventually get stuck somewhere, like when he has to dive through a small opening. Or hitting frames of doors and windows, because he didn't lower his head enough.
And someone could just tug on his cape.

You have to make some choices between "practical" blandness and stylistic flare.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:23 AM   #658
Nathan

Luckily though, the short ears aren't a new design. And they can actually look good too.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:27 AM   #659
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
And someone could just tug on his cape.

You have to make some choices between "practical" blandness and stylistic flare.
If he really cared about flare or intimidation he'd be Polar Bear Man. You know, because they're the most vicious killers in the animal kingdom.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:34 AM   #660
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

I like the idea of the main suit being made from thick kevlar with padding underneath. The only armor of course would be the gaunlets, the cowl would be from a helmet and shoulder padding which connects the cape, and shin guards on the boots.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:35 AM   #661
regwec
Shakespearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Luckily though, the short ears aren't a new design. And they can actually look good too.
The point I am making has nothing to do with either of those factors; it is merely that practicality is a flimsy grounds of criticism of anything to so with Batman.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:45 AM   #662
Zeus
Side-Kick

I want a grey suited bat....Blue can be used later

Old 07-29-2013, 09:49 AM   #663
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Not to go into the "was blue ever intended debate," but why do so many want blue used at all? I would think that a grey/black or black/black color scheme would show more visual contrast between Superman and Batman.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:56 AM   #664
Scarlettess
and a 1..2..3..4

I think its the same case as Venom, who is suppose to be black, but in alot of incarnations is Blue or Purple. I think its the same with the Blue/Grey outfit, the blue cape was obviously suppose to be black, but blue makes it easier to ink. Whatever it was the blue/grey looks just as good as black/grey. it would be nice to see Bats wearing a more indigo/midnight blue cape as opposed to black, but I think the thought of Bats having blue in his suit are unlikely, as the poster said above, Black/grey is nice contrast to Supes blue/red.

I also think Bats will somehow get ahold of a kryptonian suit, that will be used has his base layer, though personally, I would like him to have his own, before he meets Supes, and maybe Supes gives him the suit as a sign of them coming to mutual respect/trust of one another.

‎ Part of the beauty of Spider-Man is he's covered head to toe, you can't see his skin colour or sexual orientation, and what's important is that he's a hero. He stands for the underdog and those that need protecting." - Andrew Garfield
Doctor: Ooh baby I'm beating out a samba!
Old 07-29-2013, 09:58 AM   #665
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlettess View Post
I think its the same case as Venom, who is suppose to be black, but in alot of incarnations is Blue or Purple. I think its the same with the Blue/Grey outfit, the blue cape was obviously suppose to be black, but blue makes it easier to ink. Whatever it was the blue/grey looks just as good as black/grey. it would be nice to see Bats wearing a more indigo/midnight blue cape as opposed to black, but I think the thought of Bats having blue in his suit are unlikely, as the poster said above, Black/grey is nice contrast to Supes blue/red.

I also think Bats will somehow get ahold of a kryptonian suit, that will be used has his base layer, though personally, I would like him to have his own, before he meets Supes, and maybe Supes gives him the suit as a sign of them coming to mutual respect/trust of one another.
The blue cape/cowl just doesn't appeal to me for live-action because I don't think that it'll have the same effect as in TAS. That's not to knock anyone that likes it though.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:10 AM   #666
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChero View Post
Not to go into the "was blue ever intended debate," but why do so many want blue used at all? I would think that a grey/black or black/black color scheme would show more visual contrast between Superman and Batman.
It's mostly a matter of people being used to seeing blue. (nothing wrong with that) It was very prominent in the costume, even those times when it was supposed to be representing black, so it's natural a lot of people associate blue with the costume. Most of the time I was reading the comics, blue was a predominant color in the suit, so I myself am used to it, I just like the aesthetics of the black better.

*splat*
Old 07-29-2013, 10:19 AM   #667
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathead View Post
It's mostly a matter of people being used to seeing blue. (nothing wrong with that) It was very prominent in the costume, even those times when it was supposed to be representing black, so it's natural a lot of people associate blue with the costume. Most of the time I was reading the comics, blue was a predominant color in the suit, so I myself am used to it, I just like the aesthetics of the black better.
I got introduced to Batman through the Adam West show, so blue was definitely something that I associated with Batman. Then I got into the serials from the '40s, which really got me liking the black suit.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:49 AM   #668
regwec
Shakespearo

I think the blue just looks good, and it blocks better against the grey than the black, because both the blue and the grey can be distinguished while retaining the same shade.

in live action, I think it should be rendered as a king of "magpie blue". It would appear black in the relative darkness, but with blue accents where it is caught by artificial light. Under bright light (say, police searchlights) it would appear mid-blue.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:56 AM   #669
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Blue shouldn't be used on Batman, ever.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:56 AM   #670
Harrier
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
Also I think this pic got lost a couple pages back when the thread went a little off topic. What do you think about a design like this?

This is really awesome. It's Batman enough so that its not so out there but its also different enough that I can see it being a suit in the world of MOS. Really awesome.

Old 07-29-2013, 11:07 AM   #671
regwec
Shakespearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
Yes it should.

See?

Old 07-29-2013, 11:17 AM   #672
The Batman
The Dark Knight

It has nothing to do with people being used to seeing blue and has to do with people WANTING to see the blue.

Old 07-29-2013, 11:19 AM   #673
kalhawj
Side-Kick

Very nice... I can definitely see Synder pulling something like this for the new Batman suit without the undy.

Old 07-29-2013, 12:32 PM   #674
The Shield
It's really Happening!

This would work nicely

Luke Evans would look great in this.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 07-29-2013, 12:35 PM   #675
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
I have no problem with blue being used in the comics. Live action? Absolutely not!

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Closed Thread