The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 08:08 PM   #851
Silver Lantern
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 2

This would be a good one to use

Last edited by Silver Lantern; 08-04-2013 at 08:09 PM. Reason: change
Old 08-04-2013, 08:10 PM   #852
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

I just want a less armored look to be honest.

Old 08-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #853
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by \S/JcDc\S/ View Post
I just want a less armored look to be honest.
This, this, and some more of this.

Free Original Music
Old 08-04-2013, 08:13 PM   #854
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Same here. I want to see a suit made out of fabric-like material that isn't too detailed.

Old 08-04-2013, 08:14 PM   #855
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Though I appreciate the Nolan films and his take on the character, I was disappointed that he really didn't venture off far enough from the past Batman armored suits.

Old 08-04-2013, 08:15 PM   #856
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

I think the suits fit Nolan's vision quite perfectly. I think the TDK suit is great, and the BB one is my favorite of any live action version.

But it's been done.
Let's see something fresh.

Free Original Music
Old 08-04-2013, 08:21 PM   #857
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Since Nolan was trying to be more realistic, I am really surprised that he did not go for a more fabric-like armor grey-and-black suit. The suit from the comics is technically more realistic than any of the suits in the movies for two reasons:

1) It doesn't wear Batman down and makes his body more light. Armor restricts a lot of his movements and makes him move at a slower pace.

2) It has been scientifically proven that black on grey and black on blue are the best colors for camouflaging in the dark, which is what Batman specializes in.

Old 08-04-2013, 08:28 PM   #858
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

I thought a prototype suit with a touch of a kevlar material look, would have been a smart way for Nolan to show he would still be protected but eventually have a suit with a texture over it that resembles something not armored.

Old 08-04-2013, 08:30 PM   #859
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

I like the idea that the suit is made of a material that helps protect him, but does NOT look armored. It would make him MORE intimidating because villains would wonder if he is more than a human because of the attacks he could take.

Old 08-04-2013, 08:38 PM   #860
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Nolan's Batman was shot at the end of TDK, so it was probably best that he had the armor.

I'd like to see Snyder's Batman mix it up. I don't know that he needs to commit to just one suit.

Old 08-04-2013, 08:40 PM   #861
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Why can't you have an armored lining explained in the movie to show he gets extra protection without looking like an armored suit?

Old 08-04-2013, 08:42 PM   #862
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by \S/JcDc\S/ View Post
Why can't you have an armored lining explained in the movie to show he gets extra protection without looking like an armored suit?
That's a very good point. Maybe something a little lighter than the Arkham suit(s) material?

Old 08-04-2013, 08:42 PM   #863
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChero View Post
Nolan's Batman was shot at the end of TDK, so it was probably best that he had the armor.

I'd like to see Snyder's Batman mix it up. I don't know that he needs to commit to just one suit.
Batman had protection from bullets in the comics too. He was very lightweight fabric armor that still protects the body from bullets to an extent while still not making him heavier and letting him be agile.

Last edited by Shikamaru; 08-04-2013 at 08:46 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:43 PM   #864
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChero View Post
That's a very good point. Maybe something a little lighter than the Arkham suit(s) material?
I like it

Old 08-04-2013, 08:53 PM   #865
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

Just make a fancier looking Dead End suit and use comic jargon to pass off the 'safety' of thin looking fabric.

I N T E R S T E L L A R
Old 08-04-2013, 08:56 PM   #866
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

Or we could have a good looking batsuit instead.

Old 08-04-2013, 09:51 PM   #867
Parquagh
Side-Kick

I love the Young Justice Costume, maybe something based on it, with a darker texturized gray could work.

Old 08-04-2013, 09:56 PM   #868
Gort Baringa
Side-Kick

I just don't want something fake like in Burton's films:

Batman Begins - the two robbers on the roof shoot at the Batman and they check him out and say, "looks like some kind of body armor ..."

Batman Returns - Catwoman easily punctures his 'armor' with her claw AND Batman rips the rubber mask material apart at the end of the movie ...

GIVE ME A BREAK!

Old 08-04-2013, 09:58 PM   #869
Gort Baringa
Side-Kick

The Young Justice Costume (post #867) is just about perfect. A scalloped cape and trunks are fine - THIS IS BATMAN!

Old 08-04-2013, 10:01 PM   #870
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Trunks aren't fine in this particular universe, especially since Superman is not wearing them. But other than that, the Young Justice costume would would great. Only difference is that I would make the belt black to provide that same color break the trunks do in comics and animation.

Old 08-04-2013, 10:24 PM   #871
Parquagh
Side-Kick

^Quick manip based on your comments...

I also think that the Arkham Origins costume would work:

Old 08-04-2013, 10:54 PM   #872
Loki882
Side-Kick

The problem with fabric in live action is two-fold. One, it looks dumb in live action. Two, Batman is constantly dealing with gunfire, knives, explosives, etc. Him wearing armor makes SO MUCH more sense for a man as practical as him. He would wear armor, it's common sense.

Old 08-04-2013, 11:19 PM   #873
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
The problem with fabric in live action is two-fold. One, it looks dumb in live action. Two, Batman is constantly dealing with gunfire, knives, explosives, etc. Him wearing armor makes SO MUCH more sense for a man as practical as him. He would wear armor, it's common sense.
Already addressed this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Since Nolan was trying to be more realistic, I am really surprised that he did not go for a more fabric-like armor grey-and-black suit. The suit from the comics is technically more realistic than any of the suits in the movies for two reasons:

1) It doesn't wear Batman down and makes his body more light. Armor restricts a lot of his movements and makes him move at a slower pace.

2) It has been scientifically proven that black on grey and black on blue are the best colors for camouflaging in the dark, which is what Batman specializes in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Batman had protection from bullets and knives in the comics too. He wears very lightweight fabric armor that still protects the body from bullets to an extent while still not making him heavier and letting him be agile.
No matter what way you look at it, wearing fabric makes far more sense than armor.

And why would it look dumb? One, we've never seen it be attempted in live-action yet so we wouldn't know that. Two, it would look similar to Superman's suit in MOS and Captain America's suit in Avengers. Those suits by no means looked silly or dumb. Three, Batman spends most of his time in the dark and with his cape covering most of his body so it shouldn't be a problem. Four, fabric gives Batman a more theatrical look and makes him look more like a shadow or a demon as opposed to a guy in armor.

Old 08-04-2013, 11:36 PM   #874
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

While I'd want SOME plating around his chest area (near the insignia), I'd want 90 percent of the costume to be cloth-based. Wayne's rich and smart. I'm sure he'd have access to the latest Kevlar innovations. Heck, he could go out in public with a form of body armor right now IRL:

Old 08-04-2013, 11:49 PM   #875
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

Everyone needs to realize the suit is most definitely going to be a mix of both fabric and armor, just like past costumes. It's more about how it will look onscreen, an honestly the fabric look doesn't work for me.

I'll repost what I'd like to see since I don't think I've reposted it in this thread part yet.

Numbered the pics for reference; pics have original watermark and artist signatures as well. (if you copy image location and go to it or click on view image, it will be the right size)

1. I know a lot of posters here hate the cowl, but it's the thing I love most about the concept of this costume, it's a great looking cowl I would love. I also love the way the cape is attached and the knee pads used.
Also not numbered, but I thought the Batman Begins/The Dark Knight belt is perfect.

2. With the Batman Earth One suit, I want the yellow bat-symbol again. If no yellow, then I like the grey and midnight blue/black combo here. I want the black bat-symbol to be prominent on top of the grey. I also would like the piping here from the torso and legs; the leg piping here is the only amount of piping I want, it's in the proper place for the legs to stretch, bend, and it has a proper codpiece without it looking like an overly huge bulge.

3. With Cap's costume, I want to use the same fabric for Batman's suit, excluding cape, except in Batman's colors in pic 2. I also would like the same type of boots.

4. On the Tron costume, I like the hexagon-pattern mesh underneath the armor to combine with the Cap America Avengers costume.

5. Snake Eye's arms are just like how I'd like Batman's to be like. I'd like to see the mesh material be the Tron hexagon-mesh instead. I also like the shoulder and bicep pads, and the gauntlets, all that needs to be added are the bat-fins.

6. I liked the material used on Nite-Owl's cape from Watchmen, and in the color of pic 2. One change I would make, would be to make the cape fully black, but have the underside to it be the midnight blue color.

Closed Thread