The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 11:04 PM   #976
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - Part 2

Since AOS is set in MCU and is connected to not only all the Marvel Studios movies but also future TV series that ABC or other networks may churn out, I think the sky is the limit for expanding the mythology of this series. If Marvel is thinking big, this show could get huge in the future. Maybe they can even get someone like RDJ to cameo in the show?

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 09-24-2013, 11:06 PM   #977
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
At the same time I don't think AIM is done in the MCU at all. They're a classic Marvel villain organization that was just introduced in IM3, we barely even found out anything about their overall goals or structure...Extremis was just one of their projects. I'm sure we'll see more of them in future movies and even this show...but I still think HYDRA is the root of all evil.
You have a point. It's just kinda weird that Killian builds this company and isn't there as it takes on SHIELD. But I agree with HYDRA.

Old 09-24-2013, 11:07 PM   #978
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
You have a point. It's just kinda weird that Killian builds this company and isn't there as it takes on SHIELD. But I agree with HYDRA.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Again, I don't think it would be a huge stretch to say he survived the end of Iron Man 3 and regenerated. Especially since the explosion he went out in was a lot smaller than all of the other Extremis explosions.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 09-24-2013, 11:21 PM   #979
Mrpaul
Spider-Sting

Really enjoyed the show, looking forward to seeing every episode

Old 09-24-2013, 11:22 PM   #980
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
Again, I don't think it would be a huge stretch to say he survived the end of Iron Man 3 and regenerated. Especially since the explosion he went out in was a lot smaller than all of the other Extremis explosions.
That is very true. Unlikely that it'd actually happen it seems, but if it were the case, I'd love it.

Old 09-24-2013, 11:23 PM   #981
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Via Nathan Fillion's twitter:

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 09-24-2013, 11:24 PM   #982
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Since AOS is set in MCU and is connected to not only all the Marvel Studios movies but also future TV series that ABC or other networks may churn out, I think the sky is the limit for expanding the mythology of this series. If Marvel is thinking big, this show could get huge in the future. Maybe they can even get someone like RDJ to cameo in the show?
It's a big if, but if the show can ride the Avengers thunder and become a rating juggernaut, it's likely that he'd appear. We all know it's a given that Samuel L. Jackson may show up in the season finale. I'd like to see Barton honestly since we won't see him until Summer 2015.

Old 09-24-2013, 11:27 PM   #983
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
...or had his mind uploaded into an android body and became MODOK.

Old 09-24-2013, 11:29 PM   #984
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Quote:
I wonder how many people who played that game threw a fit when that happened.

Old 09-24-2013, 11:38 PM   #985
Raiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
It's a big if, but if the show can ride the Avengers thunder and become a rating juggernaut, it's likely that he'd appear. We all know it's a given that Samuel L. Jackson may show up in the season finale. I'd like to see Barton honestly since we won't see him until Summer 2015.
Yeah, having Hawkeye on the show would be fantastic (and perhaps they can go head-to-head against Arrow?). I don't know if Jeremy Renner can accomodate his busy schedule to make a guest-appearance, though. If Whedon made good on his promise that Avengers 2 will give Barton more screentime, then perhaps Renner will be enticed to show up.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 09-24-2013, 11:40 PM   #986
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Me think Ultron is the result of Extremis experiment on a robot gone wrong

Or the Extremis virus imprinting itself on Jarvis when Stark exploded Killian in his armor suit

Old 09-24-2013, 11:42 PM   #987
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Yeah, I'm sure AIM's still alive and kicking, and there's a lot of potential (new) leaders to choose from in the comics --- MODOK, Super-Adaptoid, Monica Rappaccini, Graviton, Taskmaster....sky's the limit. (No pun intended there, Skye.) Plus, there's always the potential for other groups that acquired Extremis tech to try to control and manipulate it for themselves now that Killian is out of the way.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 09-25-2013, 12:03 AM   #988
Mr. Dent
Banned User

New "this season" trailer

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

reuses a lot of footage but there's a lot of new content too, even more than the trailer from yesterday.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:12 AM   #989
Dr. Evil
Gamora

If the show starts casting bigger, well known actors for recurring roles, we can safely assume we'll be seeing those actors in the MCU films.

I got a prediction for Ruth Negga:

She's the leader of the organization that infected J August Richards with Extremis.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 09-25-2013, 12:23 AM   #990
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
New "this season" trailer

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

reuses a lot of footage but there's a lot of new content too, even more than the trailer from yesterday.

Good gawd. I could watch Chloe Bennet bounce in that bra-less wet pink dress all day long. They're not being too subtle at all about using Skye for T & A, especially in the commercials. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:33 AM   #991
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Honestly, considering the events of "The Winter Soldier" will unfold next year, I would think that Hydra would be one of, if not, THE biggest adversary that this show will be first tackling this season.

Also, is it true that the show takes place after the events of "Iron Man 3"? I was hoping that it would actually take place during or even just a little before it since I would have loved seeing a reason as to why SHIELD didn't respond to the Mandarin's attack on Stark.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:36 AM   #992
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Honestly, considering the events of "The Winter Soldier" will unfold next year, I would think that Hydra would be one of, if not, THE biggest adversary that this show will be first tackling this season.

Also, is it true that the show takes place after the events of "Iron Man 3"? I was hoping that it would actually take place during or even just a little before it since I would have loved seeing a reason as to why SHIELD didn't respond to the Mandarin's attack on Stark.
I think it's been implied that CATWS will answer that question, which would likely place CATWS at roughly the same time as IM3.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:37 AM   #993
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I think it's been implied that CATWS will answer that question, which would likely place CATWS at roughly the same time as IM3.
If that's the case, then that would mean that the events taking place in "Agents of Shield" occur AFTER both of those films, which I have a hard time believing since given on how SHIELD's internal infrastructure is supposed to be shaken to its core by the events of TWS, they seemed to be doing pretty alright in this film.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:44 AM   #994
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
If that's the case, then that would mean that the events taking place in "Agents of Shield" occur AFTER both of those films, which I have a hard time believing since given on how SHIELD's internal infrastructure is supposed to be shaken to its core by the events of TWS, they seemed to be doing pretty alright in this film.
Yep. Although
If Fury is replaced as director by Maria Hill, I don't think that'll affect anything on this show.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:45 AM   #995
johnrain
Side-Kick

Why didn't they have a more ethnically diverse cast?

Old 09-25-2013, 12:49 AM   #996
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrain View Post
Why didn't they have a more ethnically diverse cast?
They have two Asian women in the cast in Ming Na and Chloe Bennett.

Old 09-25-2013, 01:19 AM   #997
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
They have two Asian women in the cast in Ming Na and Chloe Bennett.
I think its more a matter that the age of the all the actors a long with the clothing an hair choices makes them all look pretty much the same.

Old 09-25-2013, 01:24 AM   #998
Raiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk23 View Post
I think its more a matter that the age of the all the actors a long with the clothing an hair choices makes them all look pretty much the same.
Both Greg and Ming Na are in their 40s-50s. The other four are in their 20s-30s. I think they have a good balance between veterans and youngsters.

Old 09-25-2013, 01:39 AM   #999
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I'm pretty sure they said this takes place right after the Battle of New York...so it takes place about 6 months before IM3 and Cap 2 if it occurs simultaneously or shortly before IM3.

Old 09-25-2013, 01:59 AM   #1000
Beanjuice
Human beanjuice

Quote:
I'm pretty sure they said this takes place right after the Battle of New York...so it takes place about 6 months before IM3 and Cap 2 if it occurs simultaneously or shortly before IM3.

I'm pretty sure it takes place after IM3 if they knew about Extremis.