The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 06:12 AM   #51
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing

Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Discussion Thread: The Dwightmare is Over!

I don't understand why people are so high on the Thunder. They just got worse for the second consecutive year and I'm hearing people who think they're favourites for the West and certainties to be a top 3 Western Conference team.

Personally, I think they're going to be relying on the fact that some of the other major contenders out west are on the slide.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:04 AM   #52
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound55 View Post
I don't understand why people are so high on the Thunder. They just got worse for the second consecutive year and I'm hearing people who think they're favourites for the West and certainties to be a top 3 Western Conference team.

Personally, I think they're going to be relying on the fact that some of the other major contenders out west are on the slide.
I've said that numerous times. People keep saying they are head and shoulders over the Rockets but I just don't see it. The Harden loss set them back for a long time and when Westbrook went down, it really exposed Durant as being a glorified jump shooter. Add to the fact that they have NO low post presence at all and I think it's clear the Rockets will surpass them this season. I actually think the Rockets and Clips will battle for the top seed in the west while Memphis took a huge step back and the Spurs will be the Spurs.

Old 07-11-2013, 04:08 PM   #53
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
You know, a big part of me wants to see LeBron leave Miami because I am curious to see how many fans Miami will lose in the process. Is that bad of me?
Ha! Not really.

Well........maybe a little

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather

"
White people give him the same compliments: 'He speaks so well! 'He speaks so well' is not a compliment, okay? 'He speaks so well' is some **** you say about retarded people that can talk."
-
Chris Rock
Old 07-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #54
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
You know, a big part of me wants to see LeBron leave Miami because I am curious to see how many fans Miami will lose in the process. Is that bad of me?
Does this satisfy your curiosity?

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
About 90% of them.

#saveWontkinsMom
Old 07-12-2013, 12:32 AM   #55
Hound55

Kirilenko signs a two year deal that'll see him earn over 3 mill this season.

Curious to know what Blatche will think of this, having been talked into a one year deal for only a little over a mill.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:46 AM   #56
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

Blatche is getting a bunch of money from the Wizards for the next few years due to being amnestied, which is why he can sign with a contender for 1 million.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:46 AM   #57
Hound55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
I've said that numerous times. People keep saying they are head and shoulders over the Rockets but I just don't see it. The Harden loss set them back for a long time and when Westbrook went down, it really exposed Durant as being a glorified jump shooter. Add to the fact that they have NO low post presence at all and I think it's clear the Rockets will surpass them this season. I actually think the Rockets and Clips will battle for the top seed in the west while Memphis took a huge step back and the Spurs will be the Spurs.
Actually, I was pretty impressed with Durant when Westbrook went down. I thought he did remarkably well in the playmaker role when you consider he hasn't played that way since leaving Texas.

When Westbrook went down I thought they'd get bounced by Houston. With no Harden or even Maynor because of GM moves they'd become far too reliant on Westbrook to be on the floor for 40+ minutes per game.

Durant stepped into that role, completely foreign to him since joining the NBA, and still managed to get them over the Rockets.

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Old 07-12-2013, 12:49 AM   #58
Hound55

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarTiger View Post
Blatche is getting a bunch of money from the Wizards for the next few years due to being amnestied, which is why he can sign with a contender for 1 million.
I know that, but he's still putting himself at risk for a whole year to not get hurt whilst playing on a loaded frontcourt which will automatically drop his statistical output, thereby hurting his value next year.

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Old 07-12-2013, 02:05 AM   #59
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Had Miami lost these Finals, I'd say the odds of LeBron leaving were considerable but since The Heat won, don't bank on it. Wade might be an old 32 year old and Bosh makes a 'bleh' center, but it all comes down to what Pat Riley has in store for the team this off-season. Acquiring a point guard and center is crucial for a Miami three-peat.

In my opinion, James isn't ditching South Beach for Los Angeles or Cleveland. He's got something special brewing in the 305. 80% of Heat fans might be bandwagoners but so were the majority of those Bull fans during the Jordan-Jackson Era.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 07-12-2013, 03:07 AM   #60
Nell2ThaIzzay

Or the 2003-'09 Cavs fans.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:29 PM   #61
Ghostvirus
Side-Kick

How do you all feel about the short sleeved jersey's? I think they look to casual.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:45 PM   #62
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

Dallas close to signing Monta Ellis.

A Calderon-Ellis backcourt is as bad defensively as it gets. Wtf is Dallas doing. They are the new treadmill team, going all in for 10th place.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:10 PM   #63
Mr. Dent

Horrible jerseys. I really hope they don't go any further with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
Had Miami lost these Finals, I'd say the odds of LeBron leaving were considerable but since The Heat won, don't bank on it. Wade might be an old 32 year old and Bosh makes a 'bleh' center, but it all comes down to what Pat Riley has in store for the team this off-season. Acquiring a point guard and center is crucial for a Miami three-peat.

In my opinion, James isn't ditching South Beach for Los Angeles or Cleveland. He's got something special brewing in the 305. 80% of Heat fans might be bandwagoners but so were the majority of those Bull fans during the Jordan-Jackson Era.
What? We don't need a point guard, the guards we have do what we want them to well (protect the ball when they have it, defend, shoot 3's). All we need is a big guy to defend centers like Hibbert and help us against physical teams, i.e. Oden.

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Old 07-12-2013, 04:16 PM   #64
Ghostvirus
Side-Kick

I gotta say I bought into Durant & the Thunder until Westbrook went down. Clearly Durant is not in the same league as what people have put him in. He really, really needs someone out there to help him do anything.

I am not totally convinced that they get passed Houston if Westbrook goes down earlier, or near the end of the season.

Bums me out. I like Durant.

Old 07-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #65
JaD
Thriller Night

I had no idea that Baron Davis was abducted by aliens before. [http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/b...aliens-071213] He even ate at In-N-Out directly afterwards to take it all in.
Clearly he was tripping on 'shrooms that night

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
Old 07-12-2013, 05:59 PM   #66
Mr. Dent

Is Baron Davis retired or what?

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Old 07-12-2013, 06:12 PM   #67
JaD
Thriller Night

Pretty sure he is just a free agent, he probably doesn't want to end his career off of injury so I get the feeling he'll be back somewhere sometime next season.

James Dean
Old 07-12-2013, 06:13 PM   #68
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated

It sounds like he's a full time troll now.

#saveWontkinsMom
Old 07-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #69
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Baron Davis, ahhhh I remember when he was relevant.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 07-12-2013, 07:43 PM   #70
JaD
Thriller Night

Damn, Mavs pick Shane Larkin broke his ankle from a summer league practice. Well, that sucks.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...eague-practice

James Dean
Old 07-12-2013, 07:53 PM   #71
Anubis
Sup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostvirus View Post
I gotta say I bought into Durant & the Thunder until Westbrook went down. Clearly Durant is not in the same league as what people have put him in. He really, really needs someone out there to help him do anything.

I am not totally convinced that they get passed Houston if Westbrook goes down earlier, or near the end of the season.

News flash, everybody needs somebody. He was never gonna do it on his own because nobody has ever done it on their own.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:55 PM   #72
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated

I read Ron Artest's post amnesty Twitter rant today, it pretty much sums up why I hope the Knicks don't sign him.

#saveWontkinsMom
Old 07-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #73
Ghostvirus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
News flash, everybody needs somebody. He was never gonna do it on his own because nobody has ever done it on their own.
LOL. thats not news.

If Durant was on the level that the media made him out to be. He wouldn't have let the team fall so hard & fast.

Still like the guy. Don't get me wrong.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:56 PM   #74
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostvirus View Post

This! Durant is a good player but he is not what people are hyping him up to be. I've heard people argue that its him and LeBron and everyone else but I'm sorry, its LeBron and everyone else. I think the playoffs showed just how close he and Melo are.

Old 07-12-2013, 09:11 PM   #75
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
What? We don't need a point guard, the guards we have do what we want them to well (protect the ball when they have it, defend, shoot 3's). All we need is a big guy to defend centers like Hibbert and help us against physical teams, i.e. Oden.
Wade can't stay healthy. That means Chalmers and Cole have to take another step this off-season in order to limit Wade's minutes. A big man is perhaps the most essential for The Heat on paper but another guard couldn't hurt.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Closed Thread